- A dedicated Professional over 7 years of expertise in Implementation, Administration, Operations and Troubleshooting of enterprise data networks as a Network Engineer.
- Extensive work experiences on Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Load Balancers & Cisco Firewalls
- Proficient experience in the configuration of Cisco Catalyst 2900,2960, 3560, 3750, 3650, 4500, 4900, Legacy Cat 6500 series, Nexus 7010, 5548 and 2248 switches and deep understanding of architecture.
- Experience working with 2600, 2900, 3600, 3900, 4300, 4400, 7200, 7600 series Cisco Routers
- Experience working on changes, demands, tasks and tickets.
- Expertise in group management, presentations and SLA management.
- Expertise in Cisco IWAN, DMVPN, Site to Site VPN design, deployment and troubleshooting
- Expertise in Cisco Confidential WAPs management, Solarwinds, PRTG Network Monitors, Cradlepoints
- Experience working on Checkpoint firewalls implementing rules, monitoring traffic and troubleshooting
- Expertise in Site to Site VPNS using Checkpoint, Cisco ASAs, Confidential, DMVPN tunnels and GRE tunnels
- Experience in setting up Cisco Confidential firewalls Cisco 5510, Cisco Confidential 5512 & Cisco Confidential 5505 with restricted security policies, NAT implantation, configured DMZ interfaces to restrict traffic flow
- Experience with Network design, deployment and establishing a site with full - fletched network access.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting of inter-VLAN routing and VLAN Trunking using 802.1Q.
- Expertise in the implementation of Layer 2 technologies including VLAN’s, VTP, STP, RSTP, Trunking and Port-security, expertise on working with Ether channel technologies (LACP, PAGP).
- Expertise in configuration and deployment of routing protocols like OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Policy-based routing over Cisco Routers, configuration and troubleshooting of route redistribution.
- Managed enterprise grade server/application load balancing using F5 LTM/GTM.
- Configuration, implementation of F5 BIG-IP LTM, GTM series like 3900, 6900, 8900 and cisco CSM
- Implementation of Standard &Extended access-lists, Distributed-Lists, route manipulation using Offset-lists.
- Expertise in monitoringall network hardware inventory by the use of SSH, Syslog, SNMP and NTP.
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012 experience in small to medium enterprise set up, managed about 50+ servers, experience with Active Directory, Disaster Recovery, Print Server, DHCP, DNS, Remote Desktop and Terminal Services
Routers: Cisco 7600, 7200, 4321, 4331, 4431, 3800, 3900, 3600, 2900, 2800
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP v1/v2, PBR, DMVPN, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization and Static Routing.
Switches: Nexus 2K/5K/7K, Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3850, 3650, 3560, 3750, 2960
Switching: LAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Ether Channels, L3 Switches
Network Security: Cisco Confidential, Checkpoint, Sonicwall, Sophos, Fortigate, Confidential
Load Balancer: F5 Networks (Big-IP) LTM 8950.
LAN: Ethernet (IEEE 802.3), Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
WAN: PPP, HDLC, Channelized links(T1/T3), Fiber Optics, Frame Relay, MPLS
Gateway Redundancy: HSRP and GLBP
Features & Services: IOS and Features, SNMP, SYSLOG, DHCP, CDP, TFTP, FTP
Network Management: Solarwinds, PRTG, Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer, Cisco Prime, Cisco Works, HPNA, IBM Remedy
Others: Cisco Confidential WAPs, Cradlepoints ECM, ACM, ACS, Callrex, Cisco UCS
Programming Skills: Python
- Primary responsibilities include performing changes to network, security following standard ITIL ticketing process, designand implementation, troubleshooting of networks.
- Created Operational, Standard & Emergency Changes, raised demands, worked on P1, P2, P3 tickets
- Experience with Network Automation using Python and Rest API.
- Responsible for configuration & troubleshooting of protocols like OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, DMVPN, IWAN, MPLS, QoS
- Worked on Checkpoint Firewalls to monitor traffic drops, implemented NAT rules and monitored logs for traffic.
- Worked on configuring failover to secondary firewalls, troubleshooted various bugs and obtained fixes.
- Built Site-to-Site VPN tunnels between Cisco ASAs at spokes and hubs at datacenters, routers and firewalls.
- Worked on Confidential Firewall rule management as part of network operations to take care of Firewall ACL requests.
- Designed and implemented DMZ for Web servers, Mail servers & FTP Servers using Cisco ASA5500 Firewalls.
- Built, deployed & maintained Cradlepoints on ECM portal to provide Internet access using 4G.
- Implemented Cisco IWAN at 35 sites until date. Worked on provisioning of MPLS & Internet circuits, Circuit Activations, DMVPN over MPLS & DMVPN over Internet.
- Built, deployed & maintained Cisco Confidential WAPs. Created Networks, Implemented Firewall Policies for various SSIDs, Access Lists, maintained all devices on Confidential Cloud in separate networks
- Configuration, deployment of cloud services like AWS, monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Involved in switching such as creation & management of VLANS, Port security, trunking, RPVST+, LAN security
- Port aggregation, link negotiation using LACP & PAGP, Port-security, Private-VLANS to be secure and loop-free
- Built, configured PRTG Network monitoring probes. Deployed probes with VMWARE-ESXi OS & established communications with main PRTG servers at Datacenters. Uploaded sensors to monitor traffic utilization
- Managed devices using Cisco Prime, Cisco Works, ServiceNow, HPNA, IBM Remedy, SolarWinds, PRTG
- Built network from scratch, cabling for User desks, MPOE to MDF & IDF, POTS lines for security alarms, fire, fax
- Worked on Full Stack reconfigurations, Core, Down-level Switch Upgrades and Migrations, AP migrations.
Network Implementation Engineer
- Involved in migration from Cisco Catalyst 6513 switches with Sup 720 to Nexus 7009 with Nexus 7000 Supervisor 2E, F&M line cards in data center with features like VPC and VDC’s.
- Performed Nexus In-Line Service upgrades and deployed advanced nexus features VPC and VDC.
- Deployed Nexus 2248 Fabric Extenders, 5596 series Fabric Interconnect and 7010 with f3 modules, with features like VPC, VDC, and Fabric Path for high availability and redundant server farm environment.
- Set up VSS cluster, ether channel, VTP and inter - VLAN routing on Catalyst 6509 and 6513 switches.
- Created ACL policies for Cisco 5580 Confidential firewall with access control to NAT & object grouping functions.
- Worked extensively on Cisco Firewalls, SANS SIFT, Cisco (506E/515E/525/) & Confidential 5500(5510/5540) Series
- Configured IPSEC Site-to-Site VPNs to provide secure remote access using SPA modules on Cisco 6500
- Performed Route Filtering, Manipulation using distribute-lists, route-maps, AD and offset-lists.
- Built the Datacenter right from the scratch until turning up devices and getting into Production.
- Worked with both the Catalyst switches like 6800 and Nexus Switches like 7710, 5596 and 56128.
- Designed, constructed, implemented, tested and launched various network nodes featuring BGP, OSPF, MPLS and VLANS using RSTP, gateway redundancy protocols HSRP, GLBP and VRRP
- Deployed new data centers with Cisco 6506’s, F5 load balancers.
- Experience in working with F5 BIG-IP LTM and Cisco CSM load balancing technologies.
- Performed load balancing and application level redundancy by deploying F5 BIG-IP LTM, GTM series like 3900, 6900, 8900 and cisco CSM
- Worked on commissioning WAN links and troubleshooting WAN outages.
- Designed WAN structure to prevent single point of failure in case of link failure.
- Configured STP, RSTP in the Access Layer Switches (2950, 2960, 3750 and 3550) as a loop prevention mechanism. Configured Port-security, Private-VLANS for maintaining loop free and secure environment.
- Expertise in deploying BGP multi-homed network using AS-Path, MED, etc.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of RIP and EIGRP on 2600, 2900 and 3600series Cisco routers
- Configured and troubleshooted various CSU/DSU devices
- Configuration and troubleshooting of OSPF, BGP and EIGRP. Tested authentication in OSPF and BGP. Tested BGP features such as override, local preference, EBGP load balancing.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems
- Performed Route Filtering, Manipulation using distribute-lists, route-maps, administrative distance, offset-lists
- Configured WAN Infrastructure running OSPF as a core routing protocol.
- Streamlined OSPF costs in the network to account for network delay.
- Implemented VTP, trunking protocols (802.1q, ISL) on 3560, 3750 and 4500series Cisco Catalyst switches
- Implemented Site-to-Site VPNs over the internet using 3DES, AES/AES-256 with Confidential Firewalls
- Configured & maintained IPSEC &SSL VPN's on Confidential, configured Confidential Wildfire, URL filtering PAN DB
- Configured Standard, Extended, and Named Access Lists to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others
- Planned and implemented Subnetting, VLSM to conserve IP addresses
- Configuration ofSTP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing
- Provided Technical support for improvement, upgradation, and expansion of the existing network architecture
- Troubleshooting of TCP/IP problems and connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet environment