- Over 8 years of IT industry experience as a System Administrator and Production Support of various applications on Sun Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment, ubuntu, centos, CoreOS, Debian, Windows, and UNIX.
- Administered and Maintained Linux (RHEL) 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and Solaris 8/9, CentOS 5 using kickstart based network installation.
- Ability to manage and coordinate with teams of DevOps engineers for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Created Cloud Formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automated the installation of software’s through PowerShell scripts.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with software development models like Agile, SCRUM, JIRA and Waterfall model.
- Officially certified as AWS Associate developer
- Involved in deploying Java to cloud by utilizing various AWS cloud services like AWS Code Deploy, Route53, EBS, S3, EC2, Cloud Formation, ECS, SNS, Lambda, SQS, Cloud Front, and Auto Scaling, AWS Redshift.
- Proficient in creating AWS Lambda functions that aggregates the data from incoming events, then store the resulted data in AWS Redshift and S3.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, Chef, and Terraform.
- Experienced with Terraform to build Infrastructure as code.
- Experienced in working with Apache Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Kafka, Spark, RabbitMQ and Logstash.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet supporting Chef Environment and involved in developing manifests. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Expertise in creating pods and clusters in Kubernetes and deployed those using OpenShift.
- Configured network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, send mail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills across Linux Severs.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology via Elastic Container Service (ECS) in AWS.
- Developed automation scripting in YAML using Ansible to deploy and managed Java applications across Linux middle servers.
- Hands on experience in deploying the Spring Boot Microservices to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using build pack and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Worked in automation, setup and administration of build and deployment CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Anthill Pro and UDeploy and integrated with Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and other Atlassian products- Bamboo, JIRA, BitBucket for building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR & EAR, and DLL & EXE) from source code.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools like Subversion, GIT, ClearCase to track changes made by different people in source code involving concepts like Branching, Merging and Tags.
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like WebLogic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code. Installed Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux and windows systems.
- Configured Jenkins CI tool to automate the regression testing by including test cases using Selenium Plugin in Jenkins.
- Expertise in Automation of various day-to-day administration task by developing Bash, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell and Python Scripts.
- Expertise in setting up of JVMs, Clusters, virtual hosts and configured authorization and authentication models using LDAP on Linux servers.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS 5/6/7& SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x), HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, SLES 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT / 2000/2003/2008/2010, DEBIAN
Cloud Environments: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF), Open
Web Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
SCM Tools: Git, Subversion SVN, TFS, CVS, Bitbucket, Perforce.
CI/CD & Build Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Anthill Pro, Hudson, Maven, ANT, Gradle.
Automation & container Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kickstart, Jumpstart, CloudFormation, Terraform.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, Cloudwatch, Newrelic, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), OSSEC
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
VMware: ESXi, Windows Hyper V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen, KVM, vCenter, vSphere.
Scripting: Perl, Python, YAML, Ruby, PHP, Bash Shell scripting, PowerShell, JSON.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Cloud AWS Engineer
- Configured, monitored and automated Amazon Web Services, as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Involved in AWS services like Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, and IAM and Amazon Web Services (AWS) provision.
- Worked with Jenkins CI/CD pipeline and implemented Jenkins shared library.
- Experience in working with EFK, for storing the logs and created production level AWS infrastructure using Terraform.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins
- Wrote the Ansible playbooks which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format to Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Hands on experience on Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions
- Develop CI/CD system with Jenkins on Google's Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Azure cloud migrations/deployments - Web Roles, Worker Roles, Azure SQL - PaaS and IaaS. Enforced the highest coding quality standards.
- Re-architected Azure IaaS environment in new datacenter using high performance DS series VMs
- Implemented, configured, and customized JIRA issue tracking software with Agile plugin across all company functions and acted as JIRA/Confluence administrator
- Good understanding on integrating JIRA with other products such as Sales Force, Share Point, Zendesk and Microsoft office connector.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes, Maven, Nexus, Nagios.
- Expertise in setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting and Compiling Java code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven repository.Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processesand procedures.
- Configured Continuous integration tool like Jenkins with version control system GIT . Compile and build the code using maven build tool. Store the artifact files of Jenkins in Jfrogantifactory .
- Used Ansible to automate Configuration management and to manage WebApplications , Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Used Jenkins and Nexus to build code from Subversion and deploy to testing and developing environments
- Responsible for creating the ECS Cluster (Elastic Container Service) to spin up the services in the AWS using Terraform.
- Responsible for migrating Cloud Formation Template stack to Terraform and Integrated with EFK to send logs.
- Used Atlassian products like JIRA for issue tracking and code integration to plan and collaborate, used Dev tools to host, review, test, and deploy team's Git and Mercurial code.
- Proficiency in TCP / IP network protocol suite (IP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP).
- Responsible for installing Kubernetes and deploying applications on containers in Kubernetes.
- Worked on deployment automation of all microservices to pull image from Private Docker registry and deploy to Kubernetes cluster.
- Used Kubernetes for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes by accessing from outside, created Pods through new application and controlling, scaling and troubleshooting pods through SSH.
- Created indexes for various statistical parameters on Elasticsearch and generated visualization using Kibana.
- Involved in configuring Elastic Load Balancers with Auto scaling to handle high traffic loads.
- Configured AWS-EC2 Cloud Instances by configuring AMIs using Packer and launched instances with respect to specific applications.
Environment: AWS EC2, Azure, VMware, Windows 2008, Tomcat Apache, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Git, Ansible Linux, Jenkins, EC2, python 2.7, Maven, AWS, WebLogic, ASB/Mule, F5, Nexus, Splunk, UNIX, Tomcat, Jasper Server, Service-Now, Hip Chat, Jabber, Windows, RHEL, Oracle Exa-data, LDAP, Shell script, Kubernetes, Docker.
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
DevOps Engineer / Cloud Engineer
- Responsible for continuous Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances
- Build new Azure servers as per business requirement and configured datacenters as per regions.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWSEC2 using Open-Source Ansible Server
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools like Ansible .
- Responsible migrate the all existing on-premises SQL Servers into new Azure new environment.
- Understanding the baseline application architecture in regards of server setup, database setup and application framework .
- Analyze Azure solutions to meet the application specific needs and discuss the same with business, get approvals.
- Understanding critical business needs and providing technical solutions across Physical servers and Azure Clouds .
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks . Improved throughput and efficiency of build system
- Automated cloud deployments using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates .
- Written Chef Cookbook , recipes to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache tomcat and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker HUB and Docker registries .
- Worked on creating Docker Containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps and deployments.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tools.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu, Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Well versed with automation tools like Puppet, Chef and FAI .
- Worked extensively on Ansible Playbooks and Scripting .
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git .
Environment: AWS, Windows Azure cloud, SQL Azure, Nexus, Ant, Maven, Apache, Jenkins, Python, Chef, JIRA, Github, Kubernetes, Linux, Ansible, Docker.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Cloud AWS DevOps Engineer
- Experienced in provisioning, configuring and troubleshooting of various AWS cloud services, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, Auto scaling groups, Cloud watch, Cloud Front, IAM.
- Managed IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements.
- Proficient in writing Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in YAML and JSON format to build the AWS with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Build Customized Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) & deployed these customized images based on requirements.
- Experience in AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), various volume types and utilization of different types of EBS volumes based on requirement.
- Provided security and managed user access and quota using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), including creating new Policies for user management.
- Experienced with installation of AWS CLI to control various AWS services through SHELL/BASH scripting.
- Experience in various IAAS/PAAS design groups & working toward architecting and implementing the product.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and ElastiCache to perform basic database administration build.
- Created and maintained cloud application, migrated on premises application servers to AWS.
- Worked on AWS Elastic Beanstalk for fast deploying of various applications developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache and IIS.
- Created Cloud Formation template stacks to automate for building new VPCs using JSON files.
- Created build pipeline, continuous integration and test automation framework utilizing such tools as Terraform, Git, API Gateway, and Jenkins.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Managed AWS EC2 virtual instances using Puppet.
- Building, testing, packaging, dockerizing and socializing across the team.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 (AWS) Cloud Servers using AMI’s (Linux) and configuring the servers for specified applications.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- PowerShell scripting experience on creating automation process for Branching, build creation and deployments.
- Virtualization using KVM, Xen, VMWare ESX/ESXi, vSphere, Oracle Virtual Box, Virt-manager.
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on Vagrant and Chef for a wide range of server types and application tiers, including Elasticsearch, and Zend PHP and IIS Clusters.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained custom Jenkins tasks in Java and Groovy.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and docker to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Experience withKVM and AWS
- Hands-on admin collaborating in continuous integration and deployment (Jira, Bamboo, Glassfish)
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Chef and Puppet to manage the configurations, apply patches.
- Implemented Continuous Integration web hooks and workflows around Jenkins to automate the dev test deploy workflow around Puppet codebase.
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual machines by enforcing custom Nagios monitoring, notifications and dashboard to exhibit various metrics using Shell Scripting and add-ons.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Worked under Agile Methodology to reach organization goals, acted as scrum master.
Environment: AWS, EC2, S3, IAM, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, SNS, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Chef, Nexus, Docker, Apache Webserver, Linux, KVM, Windows, Solaris, Tomcat, Apache, Restful, Java, Python, Shell, Agile, SQL server.
Confidential - Newark, DE
Build and Release Engineer
- Installing, upgrading and configuring Linux Servers using Kickstart as well as manual installations and the recovery of root password.
- Kickstart both Virtual Server and bare-metal rom CPAN, obtaining the specs files convert them to. rpm format for installation on both RHEL and CentOS Servers.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Responsible for performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN , GIT and migratedSVN into GIT and Puppet.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion(SVN) and GIT source control.
- Wrote JUnit test cases, build using Maven/ANT run automatically by Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds migrated all projects from perforce to subversion.
- Integrated ant with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Provided guidance on Nagios monitoring and runbook documentation.
- Installing and configuration of an automated tool Puppet that included installation and configuration of PuppetMaster, Agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Writing modules for Puppet and good understanding analyzing Manifests.
- Deployed Puppet, PuppetDashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Rewrote many Puppet modules to modern code-quality standards.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins, Nexus, SVN, Blade logic and WebSphere.
- Created Ansible Playbooks and PuppetManifests to provision ApacheWeb servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Expert in implementing continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, Anthill pro and Rundeck.
- Implemented the Chef Software setup and configuration on VM's from the scratch and deployed the run-list into Chef-server and bootstrap the Chef clients remotely.
Environment: Puppet, Ansible, ANT, Maven, SVN, Git, Nagios, CI/CD, Agile, RedHat Linux, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows, OpenStack, Java, .Net, Apache Tomcat, uDeploy, JBoss, Perl, Python, YAML, Ruby
- Linux Administrator/Integrator role in a large team responsible for maintaining of Linux operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and SUSE 10/11 .
- Installed and configured Linux virtual machines, standalone servers for various applications via kickstart, PXE.
- Handled DCR (Defect Change Request), MR (Maintenance Request) using JIRA for change control and ticketing.
- Generated scripts in Maven, Perl, Ruby, and Python & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Installed and configured LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) for various new and existing applications.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP. Maintained Samba File Server for user authentication, syslog domain, and file sharing in linux/Unix.
- Managed TCP/IP packets &DHCP servers, resolved TCP/IP network access problems for the clients and worked with various TCP/IP implementations like NFSv4, NIS, DNS and DHCP.
- Setup Network File Services (NFS), Network Information Services (NIS) and protocols in Red Hat Linux.
- Set, Troubleshoot & fixed NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols in Linux clusters and application backups
- Worked on changing the application run time process using python scripts for WebLogic configuration and shell scripts for database configuration.
Environment: VMware, Linux, Unix, Tomcat, Apache, Websphere, SUSE Linux, LAMP, Python, RAID, LVM with Linux, Kickstart.
- Performed installation, configuration, upgrades, Package administration and support for Linux Systems on client side using Red hat satellite network server.
- Worked on RedHat Linux installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment. Performed automated installations of Operating Systems using kickstart for Linux.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and Update in Red Hat Linux Installation and configuration from scratch and regular monitoring.
- Scanning LUNs from SAN and creating Volume groups, creating and extending LVM and file systems online.
- Scheduled users to perform High Performance Computing activities on the Linux cluster .
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User and File system quota on Linux servers.
- Experience managing and tuning MySQL and writing SQL scripts.
- Identified and solved any issues or errors.
- Applied patches and supported Linux Servers with Oracle Database servers.
- Worked on Kernel tuning and Kernel patching.
- Configuring SUDO and granting root permission to Backup Admins/DBAs to perform root related activities.
- Creating and modifying Standing Operating procedures for the team.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell scripts.
- Managed Disk using LVM , resized disk space when required. Managed disk space from NetApp filers
- Setup NTP server and synchronized clients with NTP server.
- Troubleshoot application problems by diagnosing issues.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems, Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities.
- Monitored overall system performance, performed user management, system updates and disk & storage management.
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required.
- Setup SSH password less login in Open SSH.
- Network installation via centralized yum server for client package update.
- Experience in using various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, FTP, and TCP/IP.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Experienced in Red Hat Linux package administration using YUM configuration like assigning IP addresses.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Shell-Scripting, LVM, Windows, RPM, YUM, NFS, LVM, HTTP, FTP.