- Over 11+ years of professional experience in IT and 8+ Experience in Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Redhat Linux, Ubuntu and Windows on various hardware platforms and over 6 years in DevOps tools like SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS/Azure/GCP cloud.
- Working Experience on Azure Cloud Services, Azure Storage, SQL Azure and in different PaaS Solutions with Web, and worker Roles and Azure Web Apps.
- Strong Experience in Micro services architecture and Migration of all servers from on - premises to Docker/Kubernetes container technologies in Azure.
- Hands on experience on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, end security and firewall. Used Azure Express Route to set up a private connection to Microsoft cloud services such as a Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and Dynamic 365.
- Experienced in automating, configuring and deploying instances on Azure , AWS , and Rackspace cloud environments and Data centers with in depth knowledge on ELK Stacks such as Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana.
- Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to Cloud (AWS) and testing.
- Built servers using AWS Cloud Formation scripts: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, assigning roles and policies via IAM, implementing Auto-Scaling, load balancers (ELBs), Security groups in the defined Virtual Private Connection.
- Created and maintained Highly Available Fault Tolerant Infrastructure Security services as virtual firewalls to control the traffic on EC2 instances for multitude of applications utilizing the Amazon Web Services focusing on auto-scaling . Migrating on premise Database Servers to AWS Cloud using AWS DMS. Developed Python modules to automate processes in AWS ( AWS Cloud Formation).
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to event in Amazon Dynamo DB table or S3 bucket or to HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway.
- Expertise with Docker images using a Docker file, worked on container snapshots, removing Images and managing Docker volumes. Orchestration of Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating master and node.
- Experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes and wrote many playbooks to manage Web applications. Experience in installing and configuring the Ansible management node to deploy the configuration to the end user nodes.
- Created Shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python , Groovy, YAML and Power Shell for automating tasks.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing logging and monitoring tools such as Nagios, AppDynamics, Prometheus, SumoLogic, Splunk, ELK.
- Involved in using Terraform and Ansible, migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Azure and managing Ubuntu and RHEL virtual servers on Azure by creating Ansible Nodes.
- Expertise in using Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes and Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes, build, design and maintain the platform automation using Chef and Involved in setting up Chef Workstation, Nodes, Cookbooks, and Recipes using Ruby Scripting.
- Used Jenkins as Code Deploy plugin to deploy to Azure and extensively worked on other tools like Bamboo, Hudson, and Cruise Control for continuous integration and for all end to end automation functions with all build and deployments.
- Integrated Jenkins with Docker container using Cloud bees Docker pipeline plugin and provisioned the EC2 instance using Amazon EC2 plugin.
- Experience leveraging TFS (Team Foundation Server) environments using Visual Studio, .NET and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT, clear case, Stash used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Stash, Source Tree, GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Experience in JIRA for ticketing and as well as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub, Maven.
- Experience in all phases of Software development life cycle (SDLC) with focus on the build and release of quality software and good Confidential Waterfall model, Agile Methodology (Scrum and Kanban).
- Expertise in Linux/UNIX system builds, administration, Installations, Upgrades, Troubleshooting on different distributions such as Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x2.
- Expertise in dealing with Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, autofs, Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools. Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
Operating System: Linux, Windows, MacOS, Unix, Solaris
CI and CD Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Spinnaker
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, Subversion, Bitbucket, CVS, ClearCase
Automation/ Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Monitoring and Logging Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Datadog, Dynatrace
Containerization Tools: Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm, OpenShift
Testing and Ticketing Tools: SonarQube, Selenium, JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy ConnectWise
Virtualization Technologies: Windows Hyper-V, VMWare ESXi, Virtual Box, vCenter, vSphere, Power VM
Programming Languages and Scripting: Python, Java, C, Shell Scripting, Ruby Scripting, PowerShell, YAML, Perl
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, AJAX
Database Systems: Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL (Mongo DB, Cassandra)
Application/Web Server: Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Oracle, WebLogic
Networking/Protocols: DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, VLAN, ARP, TLS, SSL
Confidential - Hartford, CT
Azure Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Involved in creating the Azure Services with Virtual Machine. Involved in developing the Azure Solution and Services like IaaS and PaaS. Managed Azure Infrastructure Web Roles, Worker Roles, Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365. Created Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Used Azure Express Route to set up a private connection to Microsoft cloud services such as a Microsoft Azure and Dynamic 365.Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing. AzureAPI Management, Security, Cloud-to-Cloud Integration (Public, Private)
- Extensive experience inAzure E3 Enterprise Mobility Suite of tools in MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) and Intune. Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 databases to SQL Azure.Azure IoT hub, event hub, service bus and integration patterns.
- Developed a conical map/reduce-like architectural pattern that that is designed to leverage the Azure platform. Work in progress on POC to migrate to Windows Azure to address scalability and performance issues. Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project a part of cloud deployment. Migrated SQL Server 2008 database to Windows AzureRedis and updating the Connection Strings based on Windows Azure SQL Database. Experienced with deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure Azure .
- Used Terraform to reliably version and create infrastructure on Azure . Created resources, using AzureTerraform modules, and automated infrastructure management.
- Similar infrastructure is deployed to Azure and additional cloud providers or on-premises datacenters using Terraform and managed infrastructure on multiple cloud providers.
- Used both Splunk for monitoring and analyzing log information. Experienced in Troubleshooting. Splunk search, quotas, monitor Inputs, WMI Issues, Splunk crash logs and Alert scripts.
- Designing and Setting-Up the Splunk Architecture in the organization and creating Applications on Splunk to analyze the Big Data. Design and write code to develop and maintain systems which power Splunk multi-tenant services hosted in the public cloud.
- Used AzureKubernetes Service to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure and created an AKS cluster in the Azure portal, with the Azure CLI, also used template driven deployment options such as Resource Manager templates and Terraform .
- Experience with Open Shift, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components Azure, and developing global or multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale developments and deployments on Cloud Foundry, OpenShift and Kubernetes .
- Managed host Kubernetes environment, making it quick and easy to deploy and manage containerized applications without container orchestration expertise.
- Configured applications that run multi-container Docker applications by utilizing the Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Designed strategies for optimizing all aspect of the continuous integration, release and deployment processes using container and virtualization techniques like Docker and Kubernetes. Built Docker containers using microservices project and deploy to Dev.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and from Docker Hub and created Docker files to automate the process of capturing and using the images.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment. Configured the servers, deployed software, and orchestrated continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Implemented Ansible Tower for managing complex network deployments by adding control, knowledge and delegation to Ansible powered environments. Wrote Ansible Playbooks using Python SSH as Wrapper for Managing Configurations of my servers, Nodes, Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python .
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible Playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Jenkins .
- Created Ansible cloud modules for interacting with Azure services which provides the tools to easily create and orchestrate infrastructure on Azure and automated cloud-native applications in Azure using Azure microservices such as Azure functions and Kubernetes on Azure .
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) process by automating build on time basis using Jenkins . Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Server.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Created a resource group, storage account, and Azure Files in cloud Shell using PowerShell . Created Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure Cloud Shell and Portal. Used Power Shell for troubleshooting remote management of Azure Virtual Machines.
- Used Git as Source code Manager, Phabricator for code review, Git repository hosting, bug tracking, project management, team collaboration tool, Arcanist as a command line interface to Phabricator to create Lint’s for reviewing code.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA. Generated reports using JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the project and created mail handlers and notifications schemes for JIRA.
Environment: Azure (Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD, Resource Groups,Office365, RBAC), OpenStack, Chef 13.x/12.x, Ansible 2.4, Docker 1.13.1/1.12.6, Kubernetes 1.8/1.7, Maven3.5.x, Jenkins 2.10x, GIT-2.1x/2.x, Cassandra 2.x/3.0, AEM 6.2/6.0, Python 3.6, Jira 6.4.
Confidential - Houston, TX
Cloud/ DevOps Support Engineer
- Created and maintained Highly Available and Fault Tolerant infrastructure in Amazon VPC using EC2 with Elastic load balancing and Auto scaling groups in AWS cloud. Created AWS Config stack in Cloud Formation that will monitor everything going in on AWS account.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure in various resources like VPC, EC2, RDB, S3, IAM, EBS,Security Group, Auto Scaling, SES, SNS and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates. Migrating on premise Database Servers to AWS Cloud using AWS DMS.
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools . Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Experience in Cloud computing, Windows Azure environment, creating the New VMs, Azure subscriptions, storage accounts, managing SSL certificates for IIS websites, administering azure assets using PowerShell.
- Worked on Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD. Integrate on-premises Windows AD tenants and Configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Configured continuous integration from Source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps.
- Deployed ASP.NET web Application in Azure using Web App service, connected it to Azure SQL Database and used VSTS to provide CI/CD pipeline.
- Worked in EBS Encryption, S3, and data Confidential rest and data in transit. Created Python scripts to automate AWS Services which includes ELB, Cloud front, Lambda, database security and application configuration also Developed them to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda, CloudWatch.
- Configured AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM) by managing the users new accounts, roles and groups. Supported AWS Cloud environment with AWS instances and configured Elastic IP and Elastic storage.
- Installed/configured/maintained/administrated the network servers DNS, NIS, NFS, Send mail and application server Apache, my, JBOSS, Web logic, Oracle E-business suite and Samba on Linux.
- Using Kubernetes, I have controlled and automated application deployments and updates and orchestrated deployment. Managed Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions. Used Heapster monitoring platform on Kubernetes to report detailed resource usage information.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers, Mesos and Kubernetes .
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on AWS . Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Configured EC2 instances by writing Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them on to Chef server. Wrote Lambda functions in Python for AWS Lambda and invoked Python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates and configured Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using Cloud Formation.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elastic Search, LogStash and Kibana ( ELK ) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Wrote Terraform scripts to automate AWS services which include Web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, Database, EC2, database security groups and S3 bucket.
- Implemented the Chef cookbook SSSD to automate the integration process between RHEL and windows AD using Kerberos key tab file. Highly Involved in configuring, monitoring multi-platform servers by defining Chef server from workstation to manage and configure Chef nodes.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s, whenever a GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it. Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Creating Python scripts to fully automate AWS services which includes ELB, Cloud Front Distribution, EC2, Security Groups and S3. This script creates stacks, single servers and joins web servers to stacks. Expert knowledge in bash Shell scripting and automation of cronjobs.
- Integrating Defect tracking tool JIRA with Confluence and Jenkins CI server for identifying, logging and, tracking and documenting defects/issues in real-time.
- Experienced in branching, tagging, and maintaining the version control systems across the environments using SCM tool like GitHub.
- Used log monitoring tool called ELK to see log information. Implemented new ELK cluster for enterprise logging.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, set up the elastic search ELK Stack to collect search and analyze log files from across the servers and integration of Application with monitoring tool New Relic for complete insight and proactive monitoring.
- System configuration/hardening using IP tables, SE Linux, TCP Wrappers, ACL and traditional permission on Linux servers as well as restricting access to terminals, disabling unnecessary services and securing.
Environment: AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Elastic search, Lambda, API Gateway, Route 53 (DNS), ECS, Cloud Formation, RDS, Dynamo DB, Load Balancers, CloudWatch, SNS, SES, SQS, IAM, RedShift, Ops Works), Maven, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Jenkins, GIT, Python, Datadog, Jira.
Confidential - Louisville, KY
- Analysis of business requirements and converting business rules into design software to meet the requirements.
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Implemented & maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN).
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
- Administration of RHEL4.x, 5.x which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Used Ant, Maven and Gradle as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked in development, testing, and production environment using SQL, PL/SQL procedure, python, Ruby, PowerShell and shell scripts and managed to host the servers like Tomcat, apache and NGINX.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Worked on designing, setting up from scratch, and scaling continuous build, integration and deployment process from dev to production multiple times a day using tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, Nexus, maven, Ant.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Coordinating with source system owners, ETL progress monitoring, Data warehouse target schema Design (Star Schema) and maintenance.
- Experienced with database manipulation/SQL(ANSI) query.
- Designed and developed the required tables in Netezza and Sql Server Databases.
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Bamboo and Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experienced in Chef and Puppet, SaltStack for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Worked with the groovy scripts in Jenkins to execute jobs for a continuous integration pipeline where 'Groovy Jenkins Plugin' and 'Groovy Post-Build Action Plugin' is used as a build step and post build actions environments needs. And, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Worked as Senior ETL Developer, SME and Onsite Coordinator with EPC-SI integration teams.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Managed the deployment activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers and utilizing the synchronize utility in the shell scripts.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of Apache Web server, Tomcat server and NodeJs in RHEL7.0
- Knowledge in cognos planning Application (TM1) and cognos SDK and also in Data Modelling techniques.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven& Nexus in Linux environment
- Design and developed continuous deployment pipeline, integrating Vagrant, Git, Jenkins
- Zabbix 3.0 monitoring with Grafana visualization infrastructure in Kubernetes cluster
- Migrated different projects from Star Team to SVN and Perforce to SVN.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Managed VMware Infrastructure/vSphere5 clusters on Production Test/Development environments.
- Automating cloud infrastructure setup via cloud formation, Terraform and Confidential urbancode Deploy Ansible Playbook -AWS Code Deploy.
- Monitoring with Nagios, Graphite, Logstash/ElasticSearch, and Splunk for multiple deployments
- Written Chef Recipes to automate build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Conceived and designed custom POCs using Kafka 0.10 and the Twitter Stream in standalone mode; architected the front-end near real-time data pub/sub non-blocking messaging system using the Kafka/Confluent.io Enterprise.
- Lead and assisted with the scoping, sequencing, planning, and creating GIT environments
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Supported in building the environment for Apache, Tomcat and NodeJs.
- Docker image of Grafana with available plugins
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks for configuration management
- Platform; configured the 10 nodes-3 Web Servers,4 Kafka brokers and 3 Kafka consumers (Spark) Stressing (Data Frames) with 3 Zookeeper nodes; Kafka Broker able to sustain 1 million writes per second.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Anthill Pro for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Using GIT Hub for version controlling and its daily job of working with GIT commands while working for Ansible - Ops code.
- Involved in migration of Bamboo server, Artifactory & GIT server.
- Hands on expertise in using version controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, Stash, Confidential Clear case UCM.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Used Atlassian Bamboo build plans for supporting production
- Involved in implementing Workflows, Components, Screens and Notification schemes in Jira Project setup.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using technologies like Chef.
- Deployed the Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers.
- Migration of Atlassian tools under RHEL Linux & Jira
- Experience in writing Maven pom.xml and Ant build.xml for build scripts.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups.
- Utilized WAR and JAR files for deployment of enterprise apps.
- Provided assistance for management of AWS storage infrastructure systems.
- Managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven.
- Used Build forge for DevOps strategies as the automation engine.
- Executed XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers AWS, Ec2, Junit, Jira, Rally, Python, SQL.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux6.5, Atlassian, EC2, VPC, ELB, IAM, Apache Web Server2.4, MySQL 5.5, Storage Gateway, Cloud Front, OpsWorks, VMware, chef, Docker, Grafana, Vagrant, Kubernetes, Power Shell, Cloud Formation, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, SNS, Cloudwatch, Apache, GIT, Bamboo, Artifactory, Ansible, SVN, AWS, Kafka installation Confidential AWS, JBoss, Log stash, Puppet.
Build and Release Engineer
- Implementing new projects builds the framework using Jenkins, maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, maven& Nexus in Linux environment.
- Responsible for Distributed Version Control Systems like GIT, SVN, ACCUREV.
- Responsible for Database build, release, and configuration.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 groups.
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents
- Reviewed code pull requests for design, security concerns, correctness, and HIPAA compliance prior to merging code from external contractors
- AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation.
- Wrote and executed various MYSQL database queries from Python using the Python -MySQL connector and MySQL dB package.
- Designed & developed workflows to automate Database Patching & Rollback using Python.
- Managed the execution of the deployment plan, Release Notes, perform and manage Go/No Go checklists, resource and deployment coverage, and communications to stakeholders using the SDLC model.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Integration of ANT/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Responsible for Java Application Server administration and tuning experience (e.g. JBoss, Web Sphere, Tomcat, WEB LOGIC).
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX, and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Created multi-AZ VPC instances.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Dockers, GitHub and AWS.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Experimented with Dockers, by using Dockers-compose.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
Environment: Windows/Linux, Git, SVN, ANT, EC2, TFS, Python, MYSQL, Cloudwatch, Maven, Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, Java, Nexus, Puppet and AWS, UAT, Shell script, Docker, Load balancer.
Build & Release Engineer
- Responsible for Distributed Version Control Systems like GIT, SVN, ACCUREV.
- Responsible for Database build, release, and configuration.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules
- Implemented, configured and deployed new patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite server and YUM server.
- Installed, configured and maintained application Server like WebSphere and Web Servers like Web Logic, Apache HTTP and Tomcat on UNIX and Linux.
- Have tested various Linux Environments in the Development/Test Stages to help create a better standardized environment and resolutions of any problems if any occurred. Experience in Shell scripts (Bash) for automating tasks for scheduling.
- Performed the daily system administration tasks like managing system resources and end users support operations and security. Scripting for password-less SSH to multiple servers.
- Expertise in deployment of Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, IDS, load balancers, VPN Concentrators. Working on volume/File system management using LVM.
- Worked on VMware for Virtual server builds, increasing memory, CPU, adding disks, Maintenance on ESX hosts VM and server/storage migrations
- Use VMware vSphere vCenter Update Manager to apply patches to virtual machines and Virtual Private Networking (VPN) tools and techniques to maintain these VM's.
Environment: Red hat Linux, Disk partitioning, TCP/IP, Cron Jobs, Veritas Volume Manager, Samba, NFS, NIS, LVM, ANT, SVN.
- Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Development of about 250+ Linux Servers (Mix of Ubuntu, CentOS and Red Hat-RHEL
- Setup, create, clone and configure the virtual servers using VMware vSphere Client 5.1.
- Design, Configuration, Administration and Development of LAMP (Linux Apache MYSQL PHP) based architecture and other open source applications.
- Create and configure guest virtual machines using VMware.
- Assisted the team and played a key role in Datacenter migration up to cloud infrastructure (IaaS)
- Worked on creating, configuring and administration of the filesystems (ext3/OCFS2) using Logical Volume Management LVM.
- Maintain and track inventory using uDeploy and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrates the processes to deploy each tier.
- Experience in JIRA to capture, organize and prioritize issues. Experience in partially administering JIRA for issue management
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Used Hudson/Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports
- Owned build farm and produced effective multiple branch builds to support parallel development
- Owned Release to Production Process, gathered approvals, signoffs from stakeholders and QAs before going to PROD.
- Managed the Release Communication and Co-ordination Process.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Maintained the Shell and Perl scripts for the automation purposes.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 6), Windows Solaris, UNIX, C++, Java, Eclipse 3.20, Ant, Jenkins, JBoss Application Server, CVS, Subversion, VTFS, Jira and Cygwin, Confidential Clearcase 7.0
- Analyze and Document Business and Technical requirements that best reflect customer needs.
- Participated in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applied knowledge and experience and providing technical perspective and support; Performed demonstrations of solutions to users.
- Responsible for communicating the solution to customers' business and/ or IT personnel, explaining the details of new solutions and their impact on business processes and ensuring that the customer understands the solution.
- Works directly with appropriate Service Line Leader to understand project concept, objectives and approach.
- Develops tactical and strategic product, services and/or programs to support the business unit’s goals (financial, quality, production, customer service, Operational Efficiency, Market share, etc).
- Prepares routine reports (financial, quality, production, customer service, operational efficiency, market share, etc.).
- Prepares reports for different Service Lines (Oracle, SAP, AIS, S&A) on a weekly and daily basis.
- Experienced in working with various tools like BRIO, SI Studio which is used for requirements gatherings in business.
- Validate incoming operational requests for feasibility, adherence to process and priority.
- Identifies issues, analyzes available data and information, and recommends changes to management.
- Consolidates data reports and delivers to help drive data-based strategic decision making.
- Consults with Individual Leader to determine business, functional and technical requirements for specified applications.
- Creates and maintains project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time requirements, establishing deadlines, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project product/service lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions, and resolving conflicts. This includes documenting, prioritizing and tracking requests.
- Assesses and prepares to address the operational impacts, workflow, training, etc. issues of a project.
- Develops effective reporting tools for the business unit.
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements reflect application features and functions.
- Participated regularly in Review meetings with SL Leaders, Project Manager
- Executed the daily Operations of running and setting reports to complete Metrics
- Created Power Point Presentations for the all hands Weekly and Monthly meetings
- Maintained and Created Databases
- Responsible for timecard auditing weekly
- Review existing workflows to improve automation
- Assisted in preparation of support and mod plans to ensure implementation of support deliverables
- Self-compliance and driving the team to adhere to Quality process and guideline
- Create Procedure and testing templates for Processes
- Testing initiatives are required by the project and tracking reports
- Analysis on Reports base on various contracts and processes