- CCNA and CCNP certified Network Engineer around 7 Plus Years’ of experience in design, implementation, configuration of Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewalls, troubleshooting & fine - tuning of Firewalls, VPN configuration, troubleshooting network related problems in Enterprise& Data Center Networks.
- Experience in implementing and configuring protocols such as HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ICMP, IGMP, PPP, HDLC, PAP, CHAP, and SNMP.
- Experience in working with Cisco routers and switches implementing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS BGP and MPLS on edge routers and so.
- Experience in handling Network Monitoring tools and Packet capture tools (NAM, New Relic, OPNET, NetFlow, Wireshark, Sniffer) .
- Experience in working with Cisco/Checkpoint/ Confidential /F5/Riverbed Products.
- Hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting of routing protocols RIP v1/v2,
- Worked on network topologies and configurations, TCP/IP, UDP, Frame Relay, ATM, bridges, routers, hubs and switches.
- Hands on Knowledge/experience on F5 load balancers, its methods, implementation and troubleshooting on LTMs and GTMs.
- Work extensively on various network platforms.
- Has expertise to work in Cisco/Checkpoint/F5/Riverbed Products.
- Adept understanding of the JUNOS platform and worked with IOS upgrade of Confidential devices.
- Worked on network topologies and configurations, TCP/IP, UDP, Frame Relay, bridges, routers, hubs and switches.
- Worked on switching tasks such as VTP, ISL/ 802.1Q, IPsec and GRE Tunneling, VLAN, Ethernet Channel, STP RSTP, PVST+.
- Strong hands on experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, and 1800 series routers, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 2950, and 3500XL series switches.
- Experience with Cisco IOS XR on ASR9000, 12000 series routers.
- Worked on Cisco UCM administration and Cisco UCCX call system
- Designed and implemented F5 load balanced environment at the data center.
- Worked on a plan for a new datacenter build using Viprion/vCMP to consolidate F5 infrastructure.
- Installed, Configuration and managed Cisco Meraki Switch Series MS220-48LP, MS225-48LP, MS250-48FP and Meraki AP.
- Firmware upgrade for Meraki MS, Meraki MR, Meraki MV, Meiraki MX for the better performance.
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting site-to-site and remote access Cisco, IPsec, VPN solutions using ASA/PIX firewalls, Cisco, VPN client in addition to providing TACACS+ and RADIUS services.
- Expertise in implementation of IP addressing schemes (includes VLSM) and IP services to meet medium level enterprise level network requirement
- Experience working with Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K devices.
- Experience with configuration of Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX), which acts as a remote line card (module) for the Nexus 5000.
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps.
- Experience on migration and troubleshooting problems with level 2, level 3 and level 4 and applications as well.
- Experience in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP server.
- Moderate knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless Networks LWAPP, WLC, WCS, Standalone Aps, Roaming, Wireless Security Basics, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g, RF spectrum characteristics.
- Cisco (ISE) to simplify identity management across diverse devices and applications.
- Worked with Red Hat Enterprise Linux with virtual servers using VMware.
- Experience with Windows server products and Linux server products.
- Experience working with Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, SolarWinds, Active Directory, Share point, SAN/NAS and related technology
- Automated network implementations and tasks and designed monitoring tools using Python scripting
- Adept Knowledge on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Good knowledge and experience in installation, configuration, and Administration of Windows 2000/2003, HTTP, FTP, DNS, NTP, DHCP servers under various LAN and WAN environments.
- Attended project meetings to review the HLD / LLD (High and low level design) to understand the flow of the application
- Completed documentation including business requirements documents (BRD), high-level (HLD) and low-level requirements documents (LLD)
- Designing experience with MS Visio, Whiteboard, etc.,
- Adept knowledge in preparing technical documentation and presentations using Microsoft Visio/ Office.
- Provides technical leadership for problem escalation and resolution.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team and committed to highest levels of professionalism.
Routers: Routers (1700, 1800, 2500, 2600, 3200, 3600, 3700, 3800, and 7200)
Switches: Cisco L2 & L3 Switches (2900, 3560, 4500, 5000 & 6500), ASA, PIX, FWSM, Net screen
LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, VTP, STP, RSTP
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ATM, ISDN, PPP, HDLC,SDWAN
Firewalls: Firewalls/VPNs ASA, PIX, Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator, Sonic
Platforms: SRX, MX, EX Series Routers and Switches
Protocols/Services: Routing Protocols (RIP v1 & v2, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), QoS, HSRP, VRRP, TCP/IP, load balancer, Proxy servers, IPSec, MPLS, PPP, VoIP, SIP, H.323
Security Server Protocols: TACACS+, RADIUS
Network Management Tools: Wireshark, Net flow Analyzer, HP Open View, Cisco Works, Ethereal, OPNET, Solar winds, Cisco Meraki
OS products/Services: DNS, DHCP, Windows (2000/2003, XP), UNIX, LINUX, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005, VMware
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Working as part of a team to manage Enterprise Technology Group as a Network Engineer 3.
- Configured routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design Document and followed the change process as per IT policy. It also includes the configuration of the port channel between core switches and server distribution switches.
- Contributed in troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that includes routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Collaborate with senior engineers and customers on the design, configuration and deployment of WAN and site-to-site connection.
- Provided 24/7 network support for troubleshooting and resolving network related incidents.
- Designed, tested, and implemented global Next Generation MPLS network (200 sites) using Cisco 4300, 3800, 2800, 2600, and 1721 Cisco routers and 800 Series VPN routers using BGP and EIGRP protocols.
- Design, deployment and maintenance of security/network devices and datacenters of enterprise.
- Having good experience to create HLDs, LLDs, install plans and implementation work for my client.
- Designed HLD/LLD Specification documentation that included the object documentation
- Assisted in MPLS migrations, implemented a backup for the existing WAN connection using site-to-site IP sec VPN tunnels.
- Supported EIGRP and BGP based on the network by resolving level 2 & 3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations.
- Working on migration of Frame Relay based branches to MPLS based VPN for customer’s WAN infrastructure.
- Assist internal project teams by determining rules that need to be added to the firewalls and identifying the proper routing and addressing for new devices in managed DMZ.
- Working on conversions to BGP WAN routing, which will be to convert WAN routing from EGRP to BGP (EIGRP is used for local routing only) that involves new wan links.
- Managing incidents through to resolution to include: coordinate and test with vendors and customers, internal communication and escalation, and follow-up/documentation of the troubleshooting performed.
- Assisted in Configuration of Cisco Routing protocols BGP, EIGRP, OSPF Installed LANs, WANs and established intranet and internet access.
- Implementing Citrix NetScaler 10 for Networking and Traffic Optimization (CCA) (BETA).
- Configuring of checkpoint Security gateway & management server and Worked on Checkpoint Firewalls Clusters of both High-Availability and Load-Sharing
- Configured Security policies including NAT, PAT, VPN, Route-maps and Access Control Lists.
- Planned and installed Frame Relay WAN links to the branch offices
- Worked on Cisco 2950, 2960, 4506, 6509 series switches for LAN requirements, that includes managing VLANs, Inter-VLAN Routing, VTP, STP, RSTP, Port-Securities and troubleshooting LAN issues.
- Assisted in MPLS migrations, implemented a backup for the existing WAN connection using site-to-site IP sec VPN tunnels.
- MX Security Application Setup, Setting up Security Policies on MZ, Auto VPN, and Redundancy, Security and shaping guest wireless Access, configure SD-WAN (Software defined WAN).
- Hands-on experience with WAN technologies like T1/T3, DS3, STM1 and STM4 circuit types.
- Used Cisco ISE to grant authenticated users with access to specific segments of the network, or specific applications and services, or both, based on authentication results
- Manages the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for access to network devices, manage authentication for users and endpoints.
- Configured Nexus 5000 switches to integrate with Cisco ISE features for device control and 802.1x
- Designed & developed workflows to automate Migration, Database Patching & Rollback using Python.
- Assisted in the architecture, evaluation and recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware, software related to IP Networking.
- Documented workflow process, managing and implementing standard policy and procedures.
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of dynamic routing protocols BGP, OSPF & EIGRP (route redistribution, distribute lists, route-maps, offset-lists, prefix lists, route summarization, route-feedback, BGP attributes) on Cisco Routers 7613, 7201, and 3945E.
- Working knowledge of frame relay, MPLS services, OSPF, BGP and EIGRP routing protocols, NAT’ing, NAC product sub-netting, also including DNS, LDAP, DHCP, HTTP, HTML, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, PPTP, VLAN, STP (Spanning tree Protocol), RTSP & Multicasting protocols
- Experience with design and implementation of Virtual Switching System (VSS) for both User segment and server segment using 6509-V-E catalyst switches
- Experience with managing the completed end to end site solutions
- Troubleshooting DMVPN and Meraki auto-VPN, addressing Wireless issues on Flex Controller 7500
- Experience with design and implementation of Data center migration.
- Designed, Implemented and Troubleshot Cisco 3750, 3550, 3560, 2924, 6509-V-E, 6513, 6504, 6503, 6506, 6500 series switches, GSR, ASR routers with Cisco IOS and IOS-XR and NX
- Installed, configured and managed Cisco routers such as 7200 series, 3800 series, 3700 series, 2800 series and Cisco Catalyst switch series 6500, 4500, 3500, and 2900.
- Upgraded the data center network environment with Cisco ASA 5520. Configured ACL’s on Cisco Switches as well as configured routers as terminal servers.
- Experience with Server Administration using Linux
- Implementing 3750 Stackable switches using Cisco Stack Wise technology. Experience to review, evaluate current and future design issues as required maintaining network integrity, efficient data flow.
- Worked on Layer 2 protocols such as STP, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVSTP+, MST and other VLAN troubleshooting issues and configuring switches from scratch and deployment
- Involved in designing and implementing QOS and policy map to 2800 series routers for all the branches
- Experience with Branch Relocation: Connect workstation, servers, etc. Rack and stack Pre-configured new hardware and connect the circuits. Worked with Carrier to test and turn-up circuits.
- Performed IP address planning, designing, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting in complete LAN, WAN development.
- Involved in operations and administration of WAN consisting Ethernet Handoffs, T1, DS3, and Optic Fiber Handoffs.
- Installed and configured an SD-WAN solution between the company's three international sites
- Installed and configured Meraki (MS250,MS210) and MR84, MR250.
- Installed and configured Cisco Meraki (MR66,MR18) wireless Access points in the hospital.
- Provided day-to-day administration and support of an OSPF/BGP Netscreen firewall WAN with dual-stack IPV4/IPV6 environment.
- Experience with Racking, Stacking, configuring, Nexus 5K and 2K and 7K.
- Installed wireless access points (WAP) at various locations in the company.
- Actively involved in switching technology Administration including creating and managing VLANS, Port security - 802.1x, Trucking 802.1Q, RPVST+, Inter-VLAN routing, and LAN security on Cisco Catalyst Switches 4507R+E, 6509-E and Cisco Nexus Switches 2232, 5596, 7009.
- Created dedicated VLANs for Voice & Data with QOS for prioritizing VOICE over DATA.
- Configured Voice ports and Dial peers on the call manager for the VOIP call to reach remote destination.
- Worked on configuration and commissioning of the MPLS circuits for various branch offices.
- Provided Daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to-point site.
- Performed Network Security Assessment and implemented security improvements such as network filtering, SSH, AAA, SNMP access lists, VTY access lists, EIGRP MD5 authentication, and HSRP authentication.
- Handled Network capacity planning, modeling, and traffic optimization and experience in using tools (OPNET, Netflow, etc.).
- Configured ACL’s in Cisco 5520 ASA firewall for internet Access requests for servers, Protocol Handling, Object Grouping and NAT
- Responsible for Data Center Migrations and its operations including the change from 6500 switches to nexus series switches, configured VPC/VDC on nexus 2k, 5k and 7k.
- Implemented antivirus and web filtering on Confidential SRX 240 at the web server as well as configuration of F5 Big-IP LTM-6400 load balancers and experience working with F5 technologies (LTM, GTM, APM, V9, V10, V11)
- Experience in deploying, configuring & maintaining F5 3DNS (Global traffic Manager) Controller and BigIP -LTM (local traffic manager) for wide area load balancing and global redirection using VPN and Proxy load balancing techniques.
- Assist with supporting High Level (HLD) and Low Level (LLD) software requirements specifications
- Worked in an Agile Scrum environment and with HPSM Change Control System
- Building the site-to-site IPSec VPN tunnel between different branch sites existing WAN connection
- Generating and Customizing statistics reports on the Cisco WAAS devices.
- Providing network change and new implementation diagrams using MS VISIO.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Sr. Network Engineer
- Experienced in configuring Site-to-site and remote access VPN solutions.
- Installed and configured Cisco 7200 series router and Cisco 2950, 4500, 6500 Series switches.
- Configured networks using routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, and BGP and troubleshooting L2/L3 issues.
- Provided estimated bandwidth requirements for data replication, to best determine adequate timing for migration service levels
- Configuration of Cisco 6500 (sup 720), 4500 (SUP 6) & 3750 Catalyst Switches for network access.
- Worked extensively on Cisco Firewalls, Cisco PIX (506E/515E/525/) & ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series, experience with convert PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
- Configured RIP, OSPF and Static routing on M and MX series Routers
- Configured VLAN, Spanning tree, VSTP, SNMP on EX series switches and Help'd with time-to-time upgrade network connectivity between branch office and regional office with multiple link paths and routers running HRSRP, EIGRP in unequal cost load balancing to build resilient network.
- Designed and implemented Catalyst/ASA Firewall Service Module for various LAN’s.
- Key contribution includes troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, & BGP.
- Configured Client VPN technologies including Cisco’s VPN client via IPSEC.
- Configuring ACL to allow only authorized users to access the servers.
- Participated in on call support in troubleshooting the configuration and installation issues.
- Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting local and Wide Areas Network (ISDN, Frame relay, DDR, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP).
- Performed Network Security Assessment and implemented security improvements such as network filtering, SSH, AAA, SNMP access lists, VTY access lists, EIGRP MD5 authentication, and HSRP authentication
- Provided technical support in terms of upgrading, improving and expanding the network.
- Providing technical security proposals, detailed RFP responses, and security presentation, installing and configuring ASA firewalls, VPN networks and redesigning customer security architectures.
- Troubleshooting, configuring & installing distribution, access level switches and ISR routers, upgrading network setups for LLD upgrades
- Regular upgrade and maintenance of Infrastructure, Installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco Switches (2900, 3500, 7600, 3700 series, 6500 series) Cisco Routers (4800, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2900, 1800, 1700, 800) Cisco Router and Switches, Routers and Firewalls, Nexus 7k,5k & 2k, f5 BIG IP, Confidential Firewalls, Bluecoat Proxy and Riverbed Steelhead appliances
- Configuring various BGP attributes such as Local Preference, MED, Extended Communities, Route-Reflector clusters, Route-maps and route policy implementation.
- Deployed the Nexus 7000/5000/2000 architecture into production securing competitive advantage across multiple verticals.
- Configured of OSPF, BGP on Confidential Routers and SRX Firewalls.
- Configured Client VPN and RSA Token ID technologies including Cisco’s VPN client via IPSEC
- Actively participated Implementation and customization of customer network.
- Designing, Provisioning and Installation of the Customer Sites in Oracle IPSA for MPLS Backbone.
- Implementation and testing of ISDN BRI/PRI circuits.
- Single point of contact for Client networks. I will be the SPOC for maintaining their uptime from addressing new client installations/Client location moves/day to day issues etc.
- Maintained a 3 layer Cisco architecture network with HP Procurve switches in the access layer and 6500 series as core and distribution layers.
- Responsible for assisting implementation, troubleshooting, and maintaining operations of network systems.
- Provide desktop support including creating images specific to client requirements and deal with issues pertaining to hardware and applications.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining communications including firewalls, Internet connections, VPN, point to point connections, and remote access.
- Build, maintain, and examine core network services including anti-virus and back-up.
- Perform routine network maintenance checks as well as configure and manage printers, copiers, and another miscellaneous network equipment.
- Troubleshooting DHCP and Static IP mismatch issues in the company printers.
- Participate in a rotating 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Implemented Different VLANs as per departments in the firm.
- Performed deep-packet troubleshooting using wire-shark.
- Troubleshooting DNS issues.
- Worked as assistant in team of senior engineers for solving various network problems.