- Overall 9 + years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release & deployment, and cloud implementation.
- Amazon Web Services certified solutions architect
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, and Docker.
- Worked on Apache writing python application to convert txt,xls files and parse.
- Write data in JSON format and worked closely with SME to prepare a tool using Map reduce tp maintain versioning of records and involved in setting up standards for SCD2 Mapper.
- Experience working on SOLR to develop search engine.
- Implemented puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services.
- Used Hbase for real time data analysis with CAFKA and STORM.
- Well versed with creation of puppet profiles and role modules.
- Leveraged Hiera to create various re - usable puppet modules.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and automating infrastructure.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, ElacticCache, CloudWatch, SNS.
- Strong Experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including VPC, EC2, ELB, S3, and EBS, ROUTE 53.
- Ensure data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Experience in using KMaas for cloud security.
- Used cloud based HSM modules for hardware security
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be build and operated on AWS.
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS cloud Formation Templates, Chef, Puppet.
- Well versed with Open stack based cloud infrastructure.
- Set up Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Knowledge and experience in creating Jenkins Pipeline.
- Experienced with build automation tools like Ant and Maven.
- Experienced with Docker container service.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Used GIT to keep track of all changes in source code
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat, Web Logic across Linux platforms.
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools Splunk and Nagios.
- Experience in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Automated the process of launching and stopping/terminating EC2 instances on Amazon AWS with BOTO.
- Used Python fabric for AWS instance provisioning.
- Experience in administrating, deploying and managing UBUNTU and centOS servers.
- Expertise in Agile Testing Methodologies &Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Methodologies & Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Extensive experience in UNIX performance tuning and Capacity Planning.
- Experience extending AD into VPC.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have the ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a hard-working team player.
SCM Tool: Subversion (SVN), GIT.
Build Tool: ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Docker, MS Build
CI tools: Hudson, Jenkins, cruise control Anthill pro, Bamboo, Ansible, Rundeck
Configuration management: Chef, Puppet. Ansible
AWS services: EC-2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, Cloud formation, S3, Cloud watch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS.
Scripting: Ruby, Perl, python, Node.js, bash shell, PowerShell
Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere, TFS, IIS, Nginix
Languages: PHP, JAVA, python, Node.js, BashScript, C, C++, .net, Ruby, SQL, J2EE, JQuery
Monitoring tools: Splunk, Nagios, Loggly, Zabbix
Database System: SQL Server 2000/2005, Mongo db. Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL
AWS RDS: PostgreSQL, Aurora, MySQL, Dynamo DB, Redshift
Linux flavors: Centos 6.5,7, Ubuntu, Red hat, Solaris.
Windows: Windows NT/2003/2008, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10
Confidential, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Creating/Maintaining VPC (and associated infrastructure) using Cloud formation templates.
- Deployment of application from Jenkins to ECS building a CI/CD pipeline to automate the process.
- Writing chef-cookbooks chef-solo for automating the infrastructure using CloudFormation
- Experience with hybrid setup - combination of on-prem and AWS with active data residing on both.
- Experience with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
- Experience in continuous evaluation of existing stack and infrastructure for optimal performance, cost, availability and security.
- EC2, Elastic load balancer, autoscaling groups experience with ECS (elastic container services)
- OnPrem Server migrations VMware and Physical to AWS infrastructure.
- Maintaining servers like, Jenkins, Subversion, Tomcat, WebLogic and Apache
- Working on Automation tool Ansible and Chef for deployment and patching.
- Work Shell Scripts for automating tasks.
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using Jenkins.
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, ECS, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling, Dockerize Applications.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks and Chef cookbooks and modules to deploy, configure, and manage servers.
- Installed and configured Nagios to constantly monitor network bandwidth, memory usage, and hard drive status.
- Used Docker containers to deploy the application on AWS ECS.
- Automated deployment using DSL and Groovy scripts.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via terraform.
Confidential, Draper, UT
Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer
- Migrating and maintaining build and test environments into the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control.
- Expertise in Sharing distributed Cassandra and Mongo dB system
- Managed Git repository, code merging, and production deployments.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and Git.
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Created Server instances on AWS. Tomcat, Swagger and hawtio are installed and used for deploying Micro-services .
- Involved in all phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) using Agile Methodology.
- Wrote Java8 utility classes to access web services from server side.
- Integrated the application with spring framework for implementing Dependency injection and provide abstraction between presentation layer and persistence layer.
- Core service uses the main database and the other Micro services use their individual databases to access and store data.
- Worked as part of Micro-services team to develop and deliver Maven projects to deploy on Tomcat. API contracts are documented and rendered using Swagger for QA and BA teams to view .
- Load testing SOAP interfaces using SOAP UI, Groovy Script. Used Groovy on SOAP UI to implement many load test implementations. Worked on micro services architecture implementation.
- Communicated with other departments by using Web Services with the help of SOAP, WSDL.
- Business logic has been implemented using Array list, Map and Sets of Collections API.
- Implemented Spring MVC 3.2, which includes writing Controller classes for handling requests, processing form submissions and performed validations using Commons validator.
- Used Spring Dependency Injection, spring application context features in the application.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes.
- Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Used Cloud watch logs to move application logs to S3 and create alarms based on a few exceptions raised by applications.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Manage network security using Load balancer, Auto scaling, Security groups and nACLS.
- Used KMaas as service for encryption.
- Used cloud based HSM hardware security module that enables you to easily generate and use your own encryption keys on AWS cloud flexibility and also enables to scale you by adding and removing HSM on demand.
- Built Cloud infrastructure for Multi-Tier Applications with Failover and High Availability Mode.
- Support current migration of Data Center to Amazon Cloud.
- Focus on continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
- Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Cloud Watch .
- Document system configurations, Instance, OS, and AMI build practices, backup procedures, troubleshooting guides, and keep infrastructure and architecture drawings current with changes.
- Provide oversight and guidance for the architecture, development best practices for application hosting, and infrastructure deployment for each application.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Use puppet and Chef Automation tools for configuration management in different systems.
- Responsible for maintaining 4-5 Different Testing/QA Environments and erection of the PROD Environment in AWS
- Experience with analysis of logs and performing root cause analysis for various issues coming up on daily basis
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic using Node.js.
- Monitoring Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors which are important for deployment.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS . Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilize S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Experience in extending Active Directory Domain Services (AD) into Cloud
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
Environment: & Tools: Java, Linux, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, Nginix, Nagios, GIT, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EMR, SQS, Autoscaling, ELB, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, Troy, MI
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written CloudFormation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Support and provide best SCRUM practices to teams using Agile methodologies. Demonstrate, observe and support SCRUM ceremonies.
- Developed data conversion procedures in PL/SQL Involved in maintaining batch processing PL/SQL procedures for data extraction for feed creation.
- Enforced SQL injection techniques to avoid unauthorized breaks to the data access.swaspr
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from svn/git and use ant/maven to build war/jar artifacts
- Used MySQL, Dynamo DB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Developed new API endpoints and features using Java, Drop wizard, and Couch base. Wrote unit tests, integration tests, and performance tests using Mockito, JUnit, and Gatling
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Utilized Configuration Management tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as ChefServer / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS
- Build servers using AWS, Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection(VPC).
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, VDI, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, Git.
Confidential, Worcester, MA
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using DevOps Technologies like Puppet.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet.
- Reviewed and cleaned all attributes that were of little or no use Managed and developed workflows, screens, fields, users, plugins etc. Managed and tested upgrades. Provided communications of updates and changes to JIRA/Confluence user base Provided extensive JIRA and Confluence training.
- Created puppet manifests, profiles and roles module to automate system operations.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts, Batch Scripts Deployment to staging and production Databases with TFS.
- Deployment and management of web services with Tomcat and JBOSS provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
Environment: J2EE, Linux, Maven/ANT, Nexus, Puppet, Jenkins, Tomcat, JIRA, GIT, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment, Groovy, Drop Wizard, Rat Pack.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Wrote and maintained various Ansible modules for the upstream Ansible repository.
- Integrated Maven with Perforce to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Mentor Business Areas on Subversion Branching, Merging strategies concepts.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Involved in implementing Tool Suite (Jira, Jenkins).
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Maven and Tomcat repository.
- Built Openstack based infrastructure for Database as a service (DBaaS) and Load Balancer as a service (LBaaS).
- Installed and configured Confluence as the enterprise wiki to document development and change management procedures.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through Web logic Application Server console.
- Performed setup of clustered environment with Web logic Application Server.
- Used Shell script to configure the Web logic application server in all the environments
- Support Lead developers with Configuration Management issues.
- Worked for Creating the Software Configuration Management Plan.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool
Environment: Java, Maven, Open stack, Ansible, Jenkins, Jira, Jenkins, Linux, Web logic, Subversion, Shell scripting.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Linux 4.0, 5.0 and Solaris 7/8/9.
- Installing and configuring of Samba for heterogeneous platform.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of local and Network based Printers.
- Worked with Global NOC (Network Operations Center) with a team of 20 with key emphasis on optimal systems performance and maximum uptime of 24x7 operations.
- Monitoring & troubleshooting of any datacenter outages. Day - to-day administration on Sun Solaris which includes Installation, upgrade & loading patches & packages.
- Responsible for Trouble shoot various systems problems such as core dump analysis, network problems and hardware related problems.
- Worked with Net stat, PR stat, Iostat monitoring commands.
- Implemented the file sharing on the network by configuring NFS on the system to share essential resources.
- Support Production Systems, which involved day-to-day operation and Desktop support (Local and Remote).
- Configured NFS Servers, NIS+ Servers, NIS+ Clients, Diskless clients and Auto clients and auto mounted the file systems using direct and indirect maps also setup entries in /etc/dfs/dfstab in Solaris share file systems and mounted the disks onto the client systems.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris and other logical volume manager for other flavor of UNIX.
Environment: Sun Solaris7/8/9, Red Hat Linux 4.0, 5.0, Jumpstart, LDAP, Sun Java Directory server 5.2, Sun Fire X4100, X4200, X4440 and X4500, Sun Fire 2900, 4900, 6900, Sun Enterprise Server T5140, T1000 and T2000 and M4000, M8000, Clarify, Remedy Ticketing Systems, Solstice Disk Suite, Oracle 7.x/8.x.