- Overall 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of Infrastructure automation, code migration, Configuration Management and system administration. Extensive and experience in SCM, AWS, DevOps, Build/Release Management and Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Extensively involved in Infrastructure as Code, execution plans, coaching developers for resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Experience in creating a very secure infrastructure in AWS by configuring VPC,IG,Routing tables, ELB, NACL,and Subnets.
- Provision, configure and administrate Cloud services for the enterprise aligned with best practices, worked with various cloud platforms like GCP, Azure and AWS.
- Experience in working on version control like Subversion, and GIT, BIT BUCKET and used Source code management client tools like GitBash, GitHub, Git GUI, GitLab,Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Stash, etc.
- Experienced in Gitlab CI and Jenkins for CI and for End - to-End automation for all build and CD. Proficient in documenting and implementing procedures related to build deployment and release.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations and coaching the team with documentation.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of SCM tools like Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, IBM Rational Clear Case in Agile Kanban and SCRUM methodologies.
- Hands on Experience on Configuration management tools Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Experienced in UNIX System Administration, working on server-based operating system; kernel configurations on various OS, proficient with Package management.
- Experience on Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, creating Docker images, handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations. Worked on Docker container snapshots, Docker Swarm attaching to a running container, removing images, managing Directory structures and managing containers.
- Worked on kubernetes to orchestrate Docker containers of new and existing applications as well as deployment and management of complex run time environment.
- Expertise in creating BDD - Feature files, Step Definitions / Implementation and Page levels. Expertise in creating the Cucumber Framework (BDD) with Java / Junit / Maven Build.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache Httpd, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management, Security trouble shooting skills. Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS.
- Developed scripts using PERL and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds, multiple Scripting languages like Bash, Python, Ruby, Shell, and PowerShell.
- Experience in Bug Tracking, Project Management tools like JIRA, Clear Quest and HP Quality Center.
- Experience in installing, configuring, updating, supporting and troubleshooting different services like LAMP, OS level concerns, Web Servers, Application Servers.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, VSTS, Build Forge, Atlassian Bamboo.
Build Tools: Apache ANT, Maven, Gradle, Microsoft Build.
Automation /Container Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Open Shift
Artifact Repository Management Tools: Artifactory, Nexus.
Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, Open Stack, GCP
Bug Tracking Tools: Atlassian JIRA, REMEDY, HP Service Management.
Monitoring Tools: NAGIOS, Splunk, Cloud Watch, ELK Stack.
Security Tools/ Test Frameworks: Veracode, Qualys, TestNG, Junit, Cucumber, Auto It, HTMLUnit.
Operating systems: Linux, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows, Debian.
Version Control Tools: Clear Case, SVN, GIT, GitHub, Atlassian Bitbucket, GitLab’s.
Application Servers/Middleware: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing CI/CD pipelines and integration with other tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket, AWS, Ansible, Docker (AWS ECS).
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process. Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and MAVEN to Schedule the builds.
- Implemented zero downtime deployment process in Weblogic using python and Shell script and automated it using Jenkins.
- Utilized highly available AWS Environment to launch the applications in different regions, implemented CloudFront with AWS Lambda to reduce latency.
- Coached and mentored scrum masters and devops teams on adopting and improving Devops, scrum and engineering practices.
- I provided examples and coach teams with git branch-merge strategy, environment-provision, virtualization from hypervisors to containers, application deployment and test automation using Jenkins to orchestrate.
- Designed project workflows and pipelines using Groovy script in Jenkins as CI tool, key role in converting existing Jenkins jobs into the new pipeline process.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS Lambda and invoked python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams.
- Migrating from gitlab to docker and implementing gitlab inside docker.
- Completed set up of CD environment with focus on UrbanCodeuDeploy. Set up uDeploy server along with automated scripts to back up the server and restore from backup for Disaster recovery.
- Wrote CHEF recipes for automated uDeploy agent installs/updates, uDeploy agent relays install/update and configuring the same with the uDeploy server.
- Used CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Worked with Aviatrix VPN, for creating gateway configurations.
- Configuring the Splunk Add-on for AppDynamics and Splunk App for Jenkins.
- Installed/Configured and Managed JFrog Artifactory Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Worked on setting up Rancher orchestrator, to manage Kubernetes everywhere it runs, worked with Rancher CLI.
- Used OpenShift for deploying containerized applications with scalable resources and minimal configuration
- Worked on secret management using Hashi corp Vault, configured multiple secret engines. Experience with service discovery and KV store with Hashi corp Consul.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes, used Knife for chef server connectivity. Managed Nodes, Run-Lists, roles, environments, Data Bags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef. Worked with CHEF CD pipeline, workflow and delivery truck.
- Extensive experience in writing cookbooks for various configurations, testing using INSPEC.
- Providing On call support for Production and Integration environments.
Environment: Chef, Jenkins, Docker, GCP, Agile, Nginx, Python, Maven, Nexus, Nagios, GIT,GITLAB, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, Auto-Scaling, ELB, ELK, Shell Scripts, Kubernetes, Udeploy, Ansible, Cucumber, MySQL, Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Designed and managed public/private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS) which include EC2, S3, Cloud Front, Elastic File System, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, and IAM which allowed automated operations.
- Created AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Managed other AWS Services like S3, Cloud Front, Cloud watch, RDS, Kinesis, Redshift Cluster, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GITLAB, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments, worked with Jenkins CLI, manage plugins and Jenkins file.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation CHEF. Deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using Cloud Formation templates in AWS.
- Migrated few physical servers (Windows and Linux) into the Confidential Cloud Platform. This provided better high availability (HA) and allowed to reduce the dependency on remote datacenters.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning. Experience in setting up the Chef repo, Chef Workstations and Chef Nodes.
- Continually monitored cost and operational efficiencies, performed Cloud Benchmarking to benchmark the performance of AWS and GCP instances.
- Created Docker images using a DockerFile, worked on Docker Swarm container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Worked on creating Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Swarm Images and pulled them.
- Automating cloud infrastructure and application deployments using cloud formation scripts.
- Setting up Docker SWARM using Kubernetes and deployed containers using Docker inside the application. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Experience in configuring Users and securing MySQL databases with appropriate permissions.
- Evaluated existing JIRA instance and resolved performance issues, Expert Knowledge in Bash Shell Scripting, Automation of Cron Jobs.
- Experience in performing patch on Linux and Windows instances within a maintenance window using Ansible and occasionally perform security updates to remediate system vulnerability.
- Responsible in building key based SSH authentication with nodes, creating inventory of remote hosts and creating playbooks.
- Created Ansible playbooks which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format and run Ansible Scripts to depending on provision to Dev servers. Converted a slow and manual procedure to dynamic API generated procedures in Ansible.
- Server configure management via Chef and System orchestration via Ansible. Expertise in using AWS API Gateway & REST web services API.
- Performed automation engineer tasks and implemented the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) for AWS EC2 hosts.
Environment: Chef, Jenkins, Docker, GCP, Agile, Nginx, Python, Maven, Nexus, Nagios, GIT,GITLAB, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, Auto-Scaling, ELB, ELK, Shell Scripts, Ansible, MySQL, Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Performed multi-part upload to transfer VM images to S3 using AWS CLI and created EC2 instance using AMI.
- Installed SWM (CI/CD) for building automation deployments for upgrades and installs which was carried out by Jenkins. SSL Certificates Request Installation and configuration on tomcat KeyStore.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies and utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and archiving.
- Worked on forklifting VMware to AWS using snowball, VM import/export, and AWS management portal for vCenter.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication.
- Responsible for defining and creating API architecture for a large-scale digital transformation using AWS API Gateway and Lambda functions. Created Micro services using AWS Lambda and API Gateway using REST API.
- Installed and configured Jenkins as continuous integration server to provide continuous automated builds.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform and CloudFormation to build staging and production environments.
- Developed REST APIs in Spring Boot to consume JSON data and integrated the backend logic with the frontend views
- Good knowledge in Developed Java API to connect with AWS S3 Services for storing and retrieving data Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server.
- Experienced in monitoring MySQL databases using tools like MEB (MySQL Enterprise Monitor), Opsview, Splunk, Nagios and using custom shell scripts written.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Created backend Restful API in Node.js. Developed the app platform in Node.js to allow for companies to store employee data on their servers.
- Installed Puppet client software on RHEL 6.x servers and established a communication between master and client through SSL certification.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers, Mesos and Docker Swarm .
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Accomplished high Availability and disaster recovery work with PostgreSQL and worked with VM, Docker, container solutions, PaaS solutions like Cloud Foundry.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker Swarm images, Docker HUB and Docker registries. Worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler, Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods, Executed Kubernetes locally with MiniKube, Created local clusters and deployable application.
- Configured and deployed patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual RedHat Linux servers using satellite servers.
- Worked on Setting up monitoring tools like Nagios and Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization, Load Balancer Latency.
- Assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboard, Development of Splunk Queries to generate the Reports.
Environment: Java, Maven, Nexus, puppet, Jenkins, Docker, Nginx, Nagios, GIT, Agile, AWS, Splunk, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment, spark.
Confidential, Mason, OH
- Anticipated and contributed effectively in daily stand-up, sprint review, sprint demo and retrospective meetings in Agile and in planning.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Chef. Understanding of networking tools and components including subnetting, firewalls and VPNs.
- Worked with Agile Kanban practices using CI/CD pipelines, with Jenkins (Continuous Integration), Nexus for Maven Repository, Maven Builds, Artifactory, Junit testing and deployments using multiple Jenkins plugins.
- Experience in working on source control management tools like GIT (GitHub), Subversion (SVN) and creating GIT repositories with specified branching strategies.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Chef as a CI/CD Process.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process in CI/CD.
- Installing and configuring Windows server operating system for all servers. Also, responsible for supporting the applications that are installed on these servers.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating CI/CD required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share these artifacts across projects.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology, Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Using the Docker, deployed a new running container, worked on the setup of Docker Swarm registry and published all the Docker images to that registry.
- Used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Define and implement monitoring processes for uptime, performance, and security for solutions deployed to the Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process and Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process. Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment in JBoss Application Server.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment. Converting production support scripts to chef recipes.
- Have good knowledge of utilizing cloud technology Microsoft Azure and NoSQL database like Mongo DB database.
- Extensive experience in Windows Azure (IaaS) migrating like creating Azure VMs, storage accounts and storage pools, migrating on premise servers to Azure and creating availability sets.
- Automating in Azure for creation of subscription, Storage Account and tables using Windows PowerShell.
- Working with Azure Service Fabric, exclusively to create microservice application, used Stateful partitions with named service and secondary replicas for scalability and availability. Ability to write Shell & Perl scripting.
- Responsible for Configuring Kafka Consumer and Producer metrics to visualize the Kafka System performance and monitoring.
- Hands on experience on JIRA for creating bug tickets, storyboarding, pulling reports from dashboard, creating and planning sprints.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules. Build and deployed the java applications onto different environments.
- Installation of monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk and on boarding application onto portal and interfacing it other applications.
Environment: Jenkins, Docker, Nginx, Nagios, Azure, Maven, Nexus, Chef, GIT, Shell Scripts, Windows PowerShell, Unix/ Linux environment, Agile.
Build and Release Engineer
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads. Used both GIT and Subversion source control systems for different projects.
- Participated in installing plug-in into the Jenkins server to provide the ability to publish artifacts into an IBM Urban Code Deploy Component. Deployed the software build to Dev, INT, QA, Production Environments.
- Involved in migrating the application from Ant to Maven2 by analyzing the dependencies and creating the POMs to implement the build process using Maven.
- Mentoring Business Areas on Subversion Branching, merging strategies concepts using Git SVN.
- Involved in writing the Maven and Gradle scripts for the configuration of J2EE applications.
- Installed and performed troubleshooting of Atlassian Jira, Crucible code review tool including customizing the work flows and e-mail notification features.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion functions for the project like merging, creating branches and tags using Tortoise SVN/ Visual SVN. Tracked backlogs and fixed bugs using JIRA.
- Involved in scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
- Proficient in documenting and implementing procedures related to build deployment and release.
- Managed the development activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery. Prepared JUnit test cases and executed server configurations.
- Documented all build and release process related items. Level one support for all the build and deploy issues encounter during the build process.
- Created users, managed user permissions, maintained User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Performed Functional and Stress Testing for a few applications using Mercury Load runner.
- Deployed the ANT or Maven generated artifacts in WebSphere application servers.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the generated Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Installed and performed troubleshooting of Atlassian Jira, Crucible code review tool including customizing the work flows and e-mail notification features, Worked on automation testing Tools like selenium and Junit.
- Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xml and pom.xml.
- Installed and configured DCHP server in Linux to give IP leases to production servers.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Implementation, up-gradation, Maintenance and Creating and maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
Environment: Subversion, Ant, Jenkins, JIRA, Apache Tomcat, LINUX, Ubuntu, Windows 7, Ant Scripts, Shell Scripts, Eclipse, IIS Server, SQL Server 2008.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Red hat Linux 5/6, AIX 5/6, RHEL/Cent OS 5.8, Solaris operating systems.
- Merging release branches back to trunk after the production release and resolving of conflicts during merging in both CVS and Subversion. Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR’s, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB’s.
- Expertise in creating builds using Shell Scripts, ANT/MAVEN scripts manually and automated.
- Installed, configured and maintained Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest in Windows and UNIX environment.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT and production according to the build life cycle. Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Worked closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using Anthill Pro and Tortoise SVN Tools, Created and Maintained Subversion repositories, branches and tags.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jira and Confluence for continuous progress on the project.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and workflow tool. Monitored, analyzed and visualize the reports using Splunk.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Worked closely with DBA team to ensure optimal performance of databases and maintain development applications.
- Responsible for Planning of the Roll-Out Process and Order of Sequence Involved for Day to Day Enterprise J2EE Software Packages for Development, Testing, and System Integration Testing, and Ultimately Production Environments.
Environment: Subversion, Clear Case, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, DB2, UNIX, Windows XP, Web Sphere, Perl Scripting, CVS.
- Re-compiling Linux kernel to remove services and applications that are not required.
- Installation of Web sphere, upgraded to service pack updates, installed IBM patches, configuring and creation new admin & managed servers, start & stop Web sphere server.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Using Bash Shell Scripting to schedule and automate processes including full and incremental backups using tar, crontab and snapshots, migrating and enlarging file system on Solaris 10 and Linux.
- Implemented Version control for the Project using Microsoft Visual Source Safe.
- Involved in the understanding and designing of the complex back-end middleware framework.
- Used Java Servlets, JSPs, AJAX, HTML and CSS for developing the Web component of the application.
- Planned and implemented various Oracle Tables, stored Procedure, triggers, views, cursors.
- Involved in the analysis, definition, design, implementation and deployment of full software development life-cycle (SDLC) of the project.
- Worked with audit teams and provided them with the File system modifications using tripwire tool on various distributions of UNIX.
- Developed various helper classes needed following Core Java multi-threaded programming and Collection classes.
- Automated some jobs by deploying the CRON tool for job scheduling processes.
- Involved in hardening, Linux Server and Compiling, Building and installing Apache Server from sources with minimum modules.
- Administration of UNIX servers like AIX and Sun Solaris in both test and production environment and applied patches.
Environment: RHEL 4.0., SSH, Telnet, Rlogin, Oracle, Db2 Server, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 servers.