- System Admin professional (VMWare and Microsoft Windows/Wintel technology) with over 9 years of experience in IT infrastructure services, delivery, consulting, architecture, designing with expertise in deploying virtualization solutions for various clients.
- Extensive experience in performing System Integration/Administration for Microsoft Windows 2003/ 2008/2012/2016 Servers, Windows 7/ Windows 8,10 Red Hat Linux.
- Extensive experience in Installing and Configuring vCenter, VMware Vsphere (Infrastructure Virtualization suite), ESX/ESXi 4/5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0/6.5 Virtual Machines and vSphere Client.
- Configured SAN, NAS and ISCSI storage on ESXi hosts installed ISCSI Software, Hardware Adapters on ESX and ESXi hosts.
- Worked with ESXi 5.0 and up until the latest 6.5. Worked with the vCenter server, vSphere, and vCenter appliance.
- Experienced preparing monthly VMware capacity report for all VMware clusters for CPU, RAM, Storage usage and given a recommendation to the customer if any action required.
- Upgraded the VMware tools, VM Hardware on all the VM's as a part Upgrade process and upgraded Virtual Center to VSphere and created a linked mode environment for VC's.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration, and Administration of VMware /vCenter Servers.
- Assessment, and Implementation of the VSphere Upgrade, ESXi hosts upgraded from VMware ESXi 5.x to ESXi 6.0/6.5.
- Upgraded the VMware tools, VM Hardware 8 on all the VM's as a part Upgrade process and Upgraded Virtual Center to VSphere and created a linked mode environment for VC's.
- Creating new VM's and Installing different guest OS like Windows server 2003/2008/2012 R2, Linux.
- Creating virtual NIC's for the respective VM's and assigning the network connections to a port group in the vSwitches.
- Managing VM's and ESXi servers by using vSphere Client, Putty, and Web Access and installing the VMware Tools on the VM's.
- Administration of user and group accounts and providing appropriate rights to user accounts according to their requirements. Configured the licensed files on ESX and VC server.
- Cloning, deploying VM's to Template, Templates to VM's, VMotion, Storage VMotion etc. Configured the NTP server in ESX server for the time synchronization between ESXi and VM's.
- Generating performance report summary of ESXi hosts and VM's. Creating new folders, data centers, clusters and resource pools in the VC.
- Deploying HA & DRS Cluster, Managing resources.
- Migrating virtual machine configuration files and virtual disks from one Datastore to another Datastore. Customizing VM's (Memory, hard disk, Nic). Analyzing log files, Resources utilizing monitoring.
- Problem analysis and Troubleshooting of ESX Server with service console. Resolving issues on servers, VLANs, routers, and switches in the data center. Worked on vCenter Server 5 and 6 for managing multiple ESXi Servers.
- Built and troubleshot ESX Servers and ESXi Servers, vSphere and vCenter Manager
- Expertise in the area of Virtualization with vSphere 6.x/5.x, VMware ESXi hosts, along with Virtual Center Server
- Worked extensively on templates and clones and implemented and managed HA and DRS clusters.
- Experienced with ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up VM priorities and cloning and snapshots
- Knowledgeable with iSCSI SAN, NAS, NFS storage and RAID concepts.
- Developed organizational units in Active Directory (AD) and managed user security with group policies.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining User Profiles in Active Directory and enabling access to the standard admin users.
- Experience with Veeam backup and Replication.
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts including IE network configuration, TCP/IP, VPN, VLANs, routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Ports, Patch Panel virtual networking, wireless networks and Cloud computing concepts.
- Knowledge on Microsoft Azure and create a Virtual network on Microsoft Azure to connect all the servers.
- Implemented several best performance settings and group policies on VDI infrastructure for better performance of VDI environment and better user experience. Knowledge in Office 365 activities.
- Proficient in upgrading Citrix Platform to newer version with large and diverse user community.
- Installing and configuring XenApp & XenDesktop environment on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.
- Proficient on New Data Center Build - out and Migration to Co-located facility.
- Have handled major Citrix migrations from One Data Center to another along with new setup and configurations.
- Solid understanding HP, DELL and Confidential Blades and Rack mount server, SAN, NAS and iSCSI.
- Familiarity with telecom fundamentals Cisco IP Telephone Solution & Cisco UCS.
- Managed Service Delivery and Infrastructure project delivery on time.
- Managed Escalations, Request fulfillment, Incident, Change & Problem Management process.
- Managed communication between Onshore-Offshore teams for smooth functioning and delivery of projects on time.
OS/VIRTUALIZATION: vSphere 6.5/6.0/5.5/5.1/5.0/4.0 /4.1, ESX/ESXi server 6.x, 5.x/4.1/4.0, VSphere Client, VCenter, Vmotion, Windows 2003/2008 R2/2012, RHEL 4/5/6, Storage vMotion, Vmware. Update Manager, Vmware Tools, Vmware Converter, Vmware Workstation, Microsoft Hyper-V, DRS, HA, FT, vRealize (vRops), vOrchestrator and vBlock.
HARDWARE: Cisco UCS, Confidential Blades, HP Blades, Dell Power Edge Servers
SERVER OPERATING: MS Windows Server/Exchange Server (2000/2003/2008/2008 R2/2012,2016)
SCRIPTING: VB Script, PowerShell, Perl and Power CLI.
LANGUAGES: C, C++, FORTRAN and Pascal
STORAGE: DAS, NAS (NFS), NetApp SAN and ISCSI, EMC.
DATABASE: MS-SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 and Oracle 8/9i/10g/11i, Confidential DB2.
BACKUPS: VERITAS Netback up, TSM, Avamar, Data Domain and Windows NT Backup. Commvault.
ANTIVIRUS: Symantec Endpoint, Norton Antivirus and McAfee.
NETWORKING: Cisco 25xx, 35xx Routers and 35xx Switches, Brocade and Cisco DS fabric switches.
NETWORK PROTOCOLS: TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, VPN, DNS, NTP, WINS, FTP, SSH, WinSCP and Telnet.
TERMINAL SERVICES: Remote Desktop Services, VNC, Putty, Tera Term, Team Viewer, cytrix, Logmein and Terminal Services.
INTERNET/INTRANET: IIS 8.0/7.0/6.0/5.0, Internet Explorer 8.0/7.0/6.0, LDAP
OTHER: Ivanti, Norton Ghosting, Microsoft Office 2000/2003/2007/2010/2012, Microsoft Visio, Rational Rose.
Confidential, Hazelwood, Missouri
Windows and VMware System Admin
- Maintenance, builds, Installed and configured Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 servers in Enterprise Environment
- Performed VMWARE ESX 5.5 to 6.5 Servers Installation, Configuration & Administration.
- Troubleshooting issues related to Virtual Machine V-Motion, snapshots, clones, templates.
- Azure Storage Planning Migrated Blob Storage for document and media file, Table storage for structured datasets, Queue storage for reliable messaging for workflow processing and file storage to share file data
- Actively participated in migration from Windows 2008 to 2012 to 2016 server and application updates.
- Used PowerCLI commands to automate the VM deployment process, managing ESX hosts and V-Center.
- Perform logical switching, dynamic and logical routing with the NSX server along with vRealize automation along with Routing protocols like BGP and OSPF.
- Worked with SCCM client and installed various software packages, to include- imaging, re-imaging Desktop & Laptops, administrating Land Desk Management, My Apps and pushing software application.
- Installed and configured VMware vRealize Operations(vRops) Manager, generated day to day reports to monitor and manage the performance of virtual environment. Served as the primary contact for handling tickets related to SCOM operations
- Installed ESXi OS on Cisco Blades and presenting blades to vCenter.
- Developed PowerShell/PowerCLI scripts as a part of every day's requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring backups and restoration using Veritas and net backup exec.
- Participated in creating the security policies in Active Directory.
- Used VM Convertor for converting Physical Servers to virtual mode.
- Participated in Weekly Status meetings and created weekly status reports with the current status, Incident Reports and Change Management for managing the applications.
- Involved in On Call rotation for supporting production strictly maintaining SLA’s.
- Extensively worked with Active Directory Services, IIS Servers, DNS, and DHPCP.
- Used PowerShell scripting, removed local admin rights from all users and perform some monitoring tasks using PowerShell, VB scripts.
- Working with Windows 10 upgraded project; by user requirements package, imaging and re-imaging, ODS (Operating System Deployment).
- OS Deployment Windows 10, Deployment Form, MDT Image Tools, USMT.
- Working with SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) Client Install and push application.
- Involved in managing, installing, and supporting Windows 2003/2008 Servers and VMware ESX Servers5.x and 6.5. Built ESXi Hosts and maintained ESXi servers through vSphere Client. Handled Capacity Planning for new clusters, ESXi and VM storage issues using Capacity planner and VMware guided consolidation for gathering the physical machines CPU and Memory usage metrics
- Configured HA, DRS clusters, FT for critical VMs.
- Increase database performance by utilizing MySQL config changes, and multiple instances by upgrading hardware
- Analyzed and implemented OS patches and hot fixes as well as other OS configurations and updates using Blade Logic Patch Management tool. Member of Incident Management team and responsible for follow-up of all incidents and ticket cases
- Managed VM infrastructure including VMotion, DRS, HA, Virtual Center Server, and VM Converter
- Performed Health Checkups of all Production Servers, monitoring Solar winds alerts on a daily basis
- Assigned local security policies on member servers and standalone servers using RDP upgraded MySQL 5.6 to MySQL 5.7. Managed MySQL 5.6 and 5.7 versions.
- Analyzed Wintel tickets, problem management ticket progress and all CR, providing details and information to clients at weekly infrastructure meeting.
- Used Monitor Tool for unified capacity planning monitoring and management across Windows, Linux, Virtual (VMware, Hyper-V, Xen).
- Experienced with deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure AZURE.
- Created PowerShell Scripts for Active Directory queries and modifications
- Performed Data store migration using VMware storage vMotion on NetApp's NFS, dell ISCSI SAN Storage.
- Deployed Internet explorer 10 using SCCM in the production environment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the servers with SCCM client problems and installing clients on servers and desktops
- Maintained scripts to ensure a secure IIS administration.
- I have written Power Shell scripts to reset IIS in order to make them simple for my daily jobs.
- Configured multiple websites in IIS 7.0/7.5/8.0/8.5 using Virtual IPs, multiple ports and Host headers.
- Managed and configured Microsoft's Office 365 Azure active directory so that it was properly synchronized with the on premise Active Directory environment. Experience with Microsoft Exchange server 2007/2010.
- Excellent knowledge of Administrator Exchange environment.
- Creating and deploying of Operating System template images using VMware Infrastructure client.
- Creating of standard Virtual Machines and templates for VMware ESX, VMs, and Cloning.
- Creating snapshots, P2V Migration, Configuring Data stores in case of space constraints.
- Performance monitoring on the overall utilization of the cluster. Experience in implementation of Office Enterprise 365 E1, E3, E4 and E5.
- Hands on experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting ESXi
- Managing day to day operations related to ESXi/Virtual center.
- Reviewed and identified MySQL logs to identify areas for tuning and optimization.
- Performed MySQL server routine maintenance, and recovery.
- Experience in the administration of Windows 2008/2012/2016 server.
- Work on the server hardware sizing and bill of materials based on the requirements.
- Setup the virtual infrastructure (VMWare vSphere 6.0), Cisco UCS domain, Dell VRTX as per the proposed design.
- Deploy Windows server 2012/2016 infrastructure. Vendor coordination for Server hardware management, replacement of failed parts.
- Server builds and decommission.
- Conducted meetings with the team and attended client/management meetings.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
VMware & Windows Sys Administrator
- Installed, configured, administered and troubleshooting of Fedora Linux to support VMware to virtualize Windows Servers Platform.
- Server Update Windows 2003 to Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Installed, configured, administered and troubleshooting of MS Exchange Server 2010/2007 Outlook Anywhere services with HTTP over SSL, ActiveSync services for mobile for multiple companies. Installed, Configured and Upgrade multiple versions of MS SQL 2008.
- Performed P2V conversions using converter enterprise 4 and 5 and also P2V cold conversion using VMware Converter Boot CD.
- Installed and Configured WIN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IIS and Terminal Services.
- Implemented FTP servers for transferring files between branch offices.
- Installed VMware ESXi platform vSphere with external storage via fiber channel.
- Installed and Configured Router Cisco. Cloning, deploying VM’s to Template, Templates to VM’s, vMotion, Storage vMotion.
- Configured the NTP server in ESX Server for the time synchronization between ESX and VM’s.
- Generated report summary and performance for ESX Servers and VM’s.
- Created snapshot’s for the VM’s and also created new folders, data centers, clusters and resource pools in the VC.
- Involved in Scheduling Tasks, Monitoring Tasks, created alarms and Deploying load balancing, implementing Network security.
- Deployed the App-V Packages through SCCM 2007/2012 and troubleshoot and resolve SCCM management point policy issues and package deployment failures. Deployed ESXi 5.1 and Windows 2012R2 on new HP ProLiant DL 380 G8 servers.
- Played a key role in Datacenter Consolidation at Lake Forest by converting the Physicals to VM's and decommission-ing the old Physicals.
- Designed the SOP document for best practices of migration from ESX 3.5 environment to ESX 5.1 Environment.
- Confidential Lotus Domino Migrations to MS Exchange.
- Working on Change Management and Request Management Tickets in Remedy Tool.
- Manage Citrix XenApp 5 environment.
- Built and configured ESX 5.0 hosts and deployed XP/Vista/2003/2008 VMware Virtual Guests on Wintel Stack.
- Experience in configuring and enabling VMware EVC on VMware clusters.
- Experience with VMware system patching using update manager.
- Troubleshooting issues related to NFS, SSH, NIS, DNS, FTP, NETBACKUP, VERITAS (VCS), ZONES, RAID, File System, Permissions, Performance Monitoring, IP Bonding, Multipathing, NAS, SAN, Storage, V-Center, etc.
- Responsible to ensure servers are current with firmware, drivers, patches and security updates.
- Proficient in managing ESX Hosts using VMware vCenter.
- Linked Different vCenter servers using linked mode to have a single instance through vSphere client to manage the whole Virtual environment. Experience in configuring Hardware iSCSI to Rack servers and add storage to VMware ESX hosts.
- Experience in configuring VMware vCenter Alarms for data store and host memory and CPU usage.
- Experience in configuring and management of VMware Clusters, VMware DRS, High Availability (HA) and VMotion.
- Performed the P2V, V2V and P2P for the Windows Machines using SCVMM 2012 in the Hyper-V Environment and From ESXi 5.1 Environment to Hyper-V Environment.
- Executed the migration of VM's from EMC Clarion to EMC VNX using the EMC recovery point.
- Knowledge on how the storage processors work, Connection of storage processors to the Drive Arrays, Zoning, Masking and MDS switches. Prepared technical documentation such as test plans, installation guides and technical specifications.
- Coordinated with end users for determination of functional and technical needs.
Confidential, Englewood, Colorado
System Admin - Windows/Wintel & VMware
- Installed, configured, administered and troubleshooting of Server Operating System: Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Multiple Migration Servers: Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Installed, Configured, Administered and troubleshooting of MS Services: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, RRAS, IIS.
- Provided advanced level guidance on IT issues relating to Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Extensive experience in Windows AZURE(IaaS) migrating like creating AZURE VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in AZURE.
- Automation of Windows Security patching on Exchange servers using Powershell and MS SCCM
- Configured directory structure in IIS and installed Application server plug-in in IIS.
- Worked with Load balancing/networking team to configure IIS clusters.
- Provided support for multiple VMWare 5.5x instances.
- Experience in installation and troubleshooting of operating systems (Windows 7/8, Vista, XP), Microsoft Office and other software.
- Performing Migrations from On-premise to the Cloud based Office 365 Environment and troubleshooting errors and problems encountered during migrations. Good knowledge of Active Directory and SCCM integration with Active Director.
- Develop the build and release automation from DEV to PROD utilizing PowerShell script
- Installed, configured and administering Windows 2008/2012 servers.
- Configure High Availability with availability sets, Azure load balancers and deploying VM scale sets through PowerShell and ARM templates. Involved in the VMware implementation and expansion work.
- Managed ESXi hosts and administered more than 2000+ VMs.
- Created and managed separate VMware clusters for QA, Development and Production Instances.
- Hands on Experience on VMware ESX 5.5 and 6.0 Servers.
- Configuration and Setup of various MySQL performance monitoring tools like Nagios and MySQL enterprise Monitor for monitoring MySQL Servers. Configuring Perl scripts for monitoring databases and internal health.
- Build/Install Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (Standard and Data Center Editions) and 2008 R2, deployment of both physical and virtual servers (VMware), Windows server administration and support in an enterprise environment.
- Responsible for ESXi host server upgrade from ESXi v5.0 to ESXi v5.1 and finally to ESXi v5.5 and document the process for future references requires highly technical skills to document the step-by-step process using Best Practices and procedures of all these upgrades.
- Created Plan and Execute Installation of Single Sign On (SSO) server for ESXi 5.5 upgrade with existing MySQL database, upgrade Inventory services for ESXi 5.5.
- Created custom reports based on results of SCOM monitoring using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Responsible for troubleshoot and support of SCCM servers running Windows server 2012/2008R2.
- Created Roles with SCCM Applications along with Base Image in SCCM and Staged the roles in both Win 7/8/10 32 & 64 bit.
- Created pools of networks, servers and storages using the VMware vCloud Suite 5.1.
- Building VMware session on ESX Server, Cloning, and Creating Templates.
- Building the VM Server and maintaining the VMware ESX Servers.
- Worked with the network service delivery team to rollout new Cisco USC blades for UAT environment.
- Responsible in using BMC Remedy System for incident, change and problem management.
- Created new VMware Virtual Machines to meet the specifications provided by the Client.
- Configured vMotion for Hardware Resource Management.
- Troubleshooting the Hung VM Sessions on ESX Host and sending the files to VMware support for resolutions.
- Provide research into VMware ThinApp initiative for increasing server virtualization.
- Maintained Software deployment and management solution and ensure proper patching on client systems. Handled L1, L2, L3 tickets. Application virtualization using VMware ThinApp version.
- Maintained VMware ESX Servers through VMware Infrastructure Client.
- Maintained the Domain environment, including setting up the policies as per the security settings.
- Administered DNS, DHCP, WINS in Active Directory Environment.
- Proficient with the Citrix tools. Coordinated with Application, Network and Security Teams and Vendor Management.
- Developed PowerShell scripts for regular activities like access provisioning, server health check, audits, remote role/feature installation etc
- Upgraded Windows 2008 to Windows 2012.
- Defined group permissions and created local and global groups with account policies using Enterprise Administrator. Created user rights and defined local and roaming profiles. Involved in supporting data migrations in Windows VMs using vMotion.
- Created, tested and deployed virtual environments using Virtualization Technologies - VMware Workstation and ESX Server 5.0 and 5.5.
- Added new organizations to the existing Enterprise Domain. Experienced in configuring and administering on Linux environment such as Fedora, Ubuntu and Solaris. Installed and Configured DHCP, DNS and WINS.
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
- Supported incidents that ranged from infra, build and test execution.
- Created trouble shooting guides to handle build and test related issue.
- Helped other team member by providing evidence by gathering from builds logs and telemetry Data.
- Gathered Test Execution agent requirements and created sysprep VHD.
- Diagnosed & troubleshoot build and deployment issues.
- Expertise in Database Administration on Production Servers with server configuration, performance tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities. Experience in Deployment, Migration, and Patching in Production environments.
- Worked on configuring SQL Server with minimum privileged access.
- Experience in Batch processes, Import, Export, Backup, Database Monitoring tools and Application support.
- Extensive knowledge in Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and DHCP scope backup, Windows Desktop and Remote Desktop.
- Good technical Knowledge and highly understanding of automated scripts like PowerShell scripts for deployment/patching/Migration.
- Worked on ticketing tools like Product Studio, IcM for creating and executing RFCs (Request for changes).
- Extensively managed Active Directory like all the problems related to user accounts, domain accounts, managing permissions etc.
- Involved in operational support of Active Directory, WINS, DNS, and AD enabled applications.
- Installing and updating the windows patches. Creating NTFS shares on Windows Servers and provide permissions to users.
- Setting up perform windows servers to analyze performance issues.
- Built and manage Virtual servers on VMware ESX Server.
- Experience in creating Clusters in Virtual Center and adding ESX Hosts to Virtual Center Cluster.
- Experience in setting up VMKernel Network and Enable VMotion.
- Worked on Migrating Virtual Machines with VMotion.
- Experience in configuring VMware DRS Rules and VMware HA on Clusters in Virtual Center.
- Experience in creating and monitoring Resource Pool for Virtual Machines Resource Reservation and Limits.
- Troubleshoot computer/network, Internet and email problems for users.
- Creating and managing user accounts and the groups in Active Directory users and computers.
- Involved in daily Performance monitoring and Active Directory troubleshooting with the ability to analyze server performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Expertise in reviewing, establishing and maintaining a VMware and Hyper-V environment, including storage and security.
- Experience in Installing, deploying, configuring, monitoring web applications and web services on IIS servers, SQL servers that runs on Windows server, 2008, 2008 R2 and providing 24x7 on call support for Production Environment.
- Experience in Configuring and managed AD, Exchange, DHCP, WSUS, WDS, Antivirus and backup servers in the corporate network.
- Extensive working experience in operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Configured memory, processors, switches on virtual machines.
- Configured virtual networks between virtual machines through virtual switches.
- Extensive knowledge in deploying and upgrading new and existing farms and environments.
- Strong knowledge of network hardware including servers, routers, and other computer devices.
- Scheduled, coordinated and deployed server updates and preventative maintenance with limited downtime.