- 2 years’ experience as an Automotive Embedded Engineer.
- Experience with Automotive Electrical and Electronics.
- Good knowledge in designing and analyzing Digital and Analog Circuits.
- Good understanding in C with a specialization in Embedded devices.
- Experience on using IBM Rational Doors (Requirement Management Tool) and in Defect Management Tools like JIRA and BUGZILLA for logging and Tracking the issue.
- Experienced in understanding, analyzing and streamlining Test requirements.
- Involved writing and updating Test cases for Bluetooth and Wi - Fi applications , logging defects and re-verifying them.
- Strong knowledge in working with communication protocols like I2C, SPI, CAN, J1939 and LIN .
- Experienced in performing On-Board Diagnostics of CAN messages using Vehicle Spy .
- Experience in working with R&D environment and using lab equipment.
- Hands on experience on vehicle simulation tools like CANoe and CANalyzer.
- Strong knowledge on different modules like BCM, TCM, ECM and PCM.
- Familiar with risk management techniques like Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Strong understanding of tools like DMAIC, 8D and Root Cause Analysis.
- Strong knowledge on Functional Safety Methods and ISO26262.
- Certified on Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Quick learner and excellent team player, able to identify efficient ways of addressing diverse issues and completing them in time-efficient manner.
- Good problem solving skills, excellent communication skills and ability to lead and co-ordinate with cross functional groups.
Software: CANalyzer, CANoe, Vehiclespy, IBM Rational DOORS, Pspice, Ltspice, Keil, Labview, Matlab Simulink
Programming: Embedded C, Python, C
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, BUGZILLA
Communication: CAN, LIN, J1939, SPI, I2C
Operating systems: Windows XP/7/8, Linux
Lab Equipment: Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Digital Multimeter, Confidential, Soldering, Signal Generator
- Performed In-Vehicle testing for the Electrical systems on different modules like BCM, ECM, TCM and ABS.
- Involved in testing on electrical/electronic solutions to verify and validate proposed design solutions.
- Involved in developing, modifying and performing testing of various vehicle components.
- Good at understanding the State Diagrams from the Test documents.
- Used NI LabVIEW for recording and monitoring the CAN data.
- Analyzing CAN messages through Vehicle spy between different ECU's.
- Involved in flashing the software to the controller in the vehicle using Diagnostic Tools.
- Verification of DTC, PID/DID using On Board Diagnostics Services.
- Created and ran simulations for our design with the use of Matlab/Simulink.
- Supported the Vehicle test engineers by analyzing the CAN log and resolved issues on vehicles by identifying CAN messages.
- Analyze Requirements, created Test Plans, written Test Cases and Executed Test Cases for Infotainment modules
- Created the Test Document from the DRD (Design requirement Document).
- Documented findings from the CAN analyzer tool in Microsoft Excel.
- Understood the basics of Embedded Systems and its programming modules.
- Used CAN bus, and SPI communications to create a communications system between devices.
- Performed the Electrical Systems components test and filed the reports.
- Attended for Test procedure review meetings and helped in reviewing the documents.
- Collected data to analyze and summarize trends and project original design solutions. Captures and communicates lessons learned.
- Responsible for identifying bugs and reported those using JIRA , and re-testing the test cases after the bugs are fixed.
- Experience in reading diagnostic error codes.
- Analyzed defects to find root cause in sequence whether the communication or functionality.
- Participate in DFMEA and manage DVP&R , establish and execute test plan.
- Worked on IBM Rational DOORS for Requirement Management.
- Maintains product and production through troubleshooting and re-engineering as needed. Keep the product operational through root cause analysis, re-engineering, troubleshooting, collective analysis of available data.
- Works with Quality toward correcting and preventing product issues, improving processes, and new design of testing methods and product capabilities .
Embedded Hardware Engineer
- Worked on 8051 micro controller platforms and Interfacing to different types of sensors using UART, SPI, I2C and CAN protocols.
- Assist in planning, designing and component selection for electronic hardware.
- Responsible for the design and development of Confidential layouts.
- Design and develop prototypes of electronic hardware for customer requirements.
- Carried out simulations and evaluation on electronic designs for quality and functioning.
Electrical Test Engineer Intern
- Objective was to Developed Test facility for various Microprocessor Boards for Confidential & medical processing boards.
- Performed Visual, Unit and functional wise testing on bread board and circuit boards using circuit schematics and BOM.
- Identify mistakes thoroughly Net list, component defects, power to ground using LCR meter, oscilloscope and DMM.
- Participated in Automotive electronics, circuit schematics and design development and circuit design mistakes such as Analog design, component Design.
- Various test methods and cases have performed and troubleshoot after product development to overcome Confidential 's faults.