- 5 plus Years of experience in IT industry comprising Software configuration management (SCM) & Linux System, AWS.
- Experience on AWS Cloud platform and its features including EC2, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, EBS, VPC, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Auto scaling, Red Shift and Route53.
- Experience working on Docker Container, Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Expertise in using the Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten the Build/Release Engineering.
- Restricted incoming traffic for QA, Prod, Staging Aws accounts. Setting VPC flow logs to Sumologic and pulled out all Inbound, Outbound ports and IP's.
- Designed and implemented multiple deployment strategies using CI&CD Pipeline through automation with enterprise GitHub, Jenkins, Docker and AWS AMI's in Linux environment.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and MAVEN to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins.
- Experience in working with configuration management tools like Chef and Ansible.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Experienced with Interpreted Languages Shell.
- Expertise in configuring Log monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk to monitor logs of applications in prod and non - prod.
- Use RDS, MSSQL, and Dynamo DB to perform basic database administration.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and CentOS).
Programming Languages: C, Shell, Python.
Database Systems: SQL Server 2000/2005, MS SQL, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB
Version Control Tools: GIT, Git Hub
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA
Build Tools: Ant, Maven.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK
CI Tools: Jenkins Pipeline, CI/CD.
CM Tools: Chef, Ansible
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, EBS, AMI, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation, Cloud Trail, SNS, SQS, Cloud Front, Elastic Container Services (ECS), Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
Web Technologies: Apache Tomcat, Httpd
Platforms: UNIX, Linux (Red Hat 5.x, 6.x), CentOS, Ubuntu.
Container tools: Docker, Kubernets
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Data Base subnet group for isolation of resources within AWS RDS. Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Configured new AWS corporate account, Configured MFA authentication, created IAM Users, Groups
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Used DNS management in Amazon S3 to backup database instances to save snapshots of data.
- Build the maven artifacts using Jenkins and Deploying into Amazon Cloud Environment by adding Monitoring Metrics to Cloud Watch and the respective Alarms.
- Creating S3 buckets also managing policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 bucket for storage and back up on AWS.
- Automated weekly releases with Maven scripting for compiling java code, debugging and placing builds into maven repository.
- Generated a Route53 to control the traffic between different regions.
- Used Docker to virtualize the servers for the test environments and development environments needs. And, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Build additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications by encapsulating them in containers.
- Created virtual images similar production environment using Docker by writing Docker compose files.
- Created Micro services using AWS Lambda and API Gateway using REST API.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IAAS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Designed with frontend coding using AWS Lambda and S3 to create a server-less architecture.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS Cloud Configuration.
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python scripts.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates. Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Automated Deployment of Java based applications into Tomcat, servers using Chef and Jenkins.
- Created and maintained Python scripts for Automating Build and Deployment Process and Creating Web Based Application by Using Framework.
- Automated the Applications and MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Nagios.
- Used various services of AWS for this Infrastructure. I used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Ansible.
- Manage amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Help manage data stores such as Redshift, MySQL and Oracle.
- Setup, configure and maintain Ant/Maven/Grails, pipeline using workflow plugin and Ansible jobs on Jenkins.
- Created a feature branch in Bit Bucket and forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
Environment: Docker, Shell Scripting, Python, Ansible, Chef, Nagios, Splunk, Maven, Jenkins, Git, ELK, VMWARE, AWS, Lambda, EC2, S3, Cloud Watch, VPC, Route 53, ELB, Tomcat.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Collaborated with development and support team to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Experience in Build/Release Engineering Automation with Docker and Jenkins.
- Written Shell Scripts to restore Jenkins and GitHub from daily backups.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application.
- Proficient in deploying and support applications on Tomcat application servers Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - concept of test-driven development for infrastructure as a code.
- Implemented Shell scripts for release and build automation. Manipulated and automated scripts to suit requirement.
- Developed and Installer scripts using Maven, Python for various products to be hosted on Application server.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances system with Chef Automation, wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts, and monitoring tools.
- Participated in execution of client meetings and internal Maven development projects and codes for testing services on daily basis.
- Used tool such as Docker and Docker compose to create development and continuous integration.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, Chef Cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Written multiple cookbooks in Chef.
- Experience in working on chef with knife commands to manage nodes, cookbooks, chef recipes, chef attributes, chef templates, run-lists.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies. Hands on migrate code from current source control to Bit bucket, branching and versioning.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins. Written scripts to containerize using Dockers and orchestrate it using Kubernets. Configured the services using modern DevOps tools, like Chef, Ansible.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus using Nexus antifactory plugin.
- Responsible for building AWS infrastructure VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Auto scaling and RDS in cloud formation using JSON templates.
- Designed, built, and deployed a multitude application utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, and IAM), by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
Environment: Chef, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernets, AWS, Shell, Tomcat, Python, Ubuntu Instances, RHEL.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed, configured and administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Setup Jenkins Build server and maintenance.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deployment of JAVA code.
- Experience in User Management and Plug-in Management for Jenkins.
- Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Experience with Build Management tools like Maven for writing Pom.xml.
- Modified Maven scripts to build the JAR's, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB's.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Generated scripts in Maven & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, staging and production environment.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll Out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a Jira Application.
Environment: Jenkins, Linux, Java, Maven, Bash shell, JAR files, WAR files.