- Around 8 years of IT experience which includes 6+ years of implementing DevOps and configuration management tools in dynamic business environments as well as introducing Branching Strategy, Continuous Integration, Requirement Writing, Change Control and Change Management.
- Expertise in industry best practices and experienced continuous improvement in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), relentlessly drive for standardization, automation and self - services.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Excellent in configuring SCM tools to adopt Change Management process defined by corporations
- Experience with major focus on Automating, Building, Deploying, and Releasing of code on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in a DevOps Culture through CI/CD as an iterative process.
- Hands on experience with AWS Services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, Glacier, SNS, SES, SQS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation templates, Dynamo DB, Direct Connect and monitoring services like Cloud Watch etc.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as GIT, Subversion (SVN), and PVCS.
- Experience in maintaining Continuous Integration (CI) workflow using Jenkins, Hudson in CI/CD pipelines.
- Experienced in maintain the build scripts for creating the JAR/WAR and EAR packages using Build Automation tools such as Maven, ANT.
- Experience in working with development teams to get the root cause of issues and updating the build scripts accordingly.
- Experience in maintain many servers using Configuration Management tools such as Chef, and Ansible.
- Strong working experience in writing Ansible playbooks, modules and roles.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes.
- Experience in Cloud Computing technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Azure to maintain the whole infrastructure and develop Terraform scripts to launch many instances in a single shot.
- Experience in Containerization technologies such as Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL, SQL Server and PostgreSQL by using SQL for data integrity.
- Good familiarity in working with the NOSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and Redis.
- Experience in troubleshooting the issues related to Active directory/ LDAP services.
- Experience in deploying the JAR/WAR packages into application servers such as TOMCAT, WebLogic and WebSphere.
- Experience in developing shell, bash and python scripts to automate any API’s and set the CRON jobs.
- Hands on experience on JIRA and Bug Zilla for creating bug tickets, storyboarding, pulling reports from dashboard, creating and planning sprints.
- Strong experience in Working with RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE and Solaris NIX/Linux versions.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Strong comprehension of central advancements like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, systems administration and security best practices.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Direct connect.
- Excellent understanding of Network topologies such as LAN, WAN, VPN and Firewalls.
- At ease in high stress environments requiring superior ability to effectively handle multi-task levels of responsibility.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and teamwork environments.
- Energetic and perseverance self-starter who is known for exceeding goals and objectives.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, RHEL)
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum
Version Control tools: GIT, SVN
Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins
Automation Tools: AWS, Chef, Ansible, Docker
Cloud Computing Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure
AWS Services: EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, Glacier, SNS, SES, SQS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, CloudWatch, Dynamo DB
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Terraform
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
SCM Tools: GIT, TFS, CVS, Subversion (SVN), ANT, Maven, NANT, MSBUILD, Hudson, Jenkins, Build Forge, Anthill Pro, Visual Build Pro
Application Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Web sphere.
Scripting Languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell, PowerShell, VB Scripting, UNIX.
Networking Technologies: DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, LAN, WAN, VPN, Firewalls
Database: Oracle 11g,9i/ 8i/7.3, DB2, SQL Server 7.0/6.5/2000, MySQL 4.0
Confidential, Coraopolis, PA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Worked closely with developers, release engineering team, testing team to coordinate the deployment process.
- Used AWS services such as IAM, route 53, EC2, EBS, AMI, Auto scaling, VPC, Load balancer, RDS, VPC, ECS, Cloud watch, Cloud formation, SNS, etc.
- Worked on an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef, and Jenkins.
- Configured Load Balancing features to different applications depending on the loadand visibility of the application to the enterprise.
- Storage on AWS EBS, S3 and Glacier and automate sync data to Glacier. Databases services on AWS like RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud front, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation scripts to automate AWS EC2 instances and applications.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef, python and AWS cloud formation templates.
- Created a Continuous Delivery pipeline to bundle Chef Cookbooks and Cloud formation templates and push them to S3 buckets using Jenkins, Git.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Written and developed Chef Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Maintained and improved the Continuous Integration environment on a real-time basis, monitoring builds, maintaining configuration and automating the processes.
- Involved in migrating existing code in SVN repository to GIT repo and invoked the new repo in to CI/CD process.
- Used MAVEN scripts in Jenkins to build and move application code from one environment to other environments.
- Used python scripting to automate the API calls instead of giving the payload each time which resulted in the optimal usage of time and human efforts.
- Used SQL queries to check the data integrity on an RDBMS data base.
Environment: Linux, Chef, AWS, S3, VPC, EC2, Glacier, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk, GIT, MAVEN, Jenkins, SQL, Python scripting.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Responsible for using AWS console for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB and CloudFormation.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Involved in managing the dev, UAT and prod servers using Ansible as a configuration management tool.
- Developed playbooks to install new patches, set the kernel properties using ANSIBLE libraries on Linux RHEL 6 and 7remote machines.
- Used Ansible for configuration management of hosted instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud.
- Used ANSIBLE modules to install the patches and set the properties such as page file, network card etc. on windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 remote machines.
- Used ANSIBLE tower API to manage the inventory, creating new projects, SCM update etc.
- Used GIT (SCM) to check in the playbooks.
- Managed the production servers using Ansible as a configuration management tool.
- Used AWS services to launch many instances at a time with the help of terraform scripts.
- Used Jenkins, Maven, Docker in Continuous integration process.
- Monitored nightly, monthly builds and involved in trouble shooting them by checking the pom.xml files.
- Container clustering with Docker Mesos/Kubernetes. Implementing and Managing Docker and Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Used Docker to ensure the proper utilization of machine size, created Docker images and deployed the packages by integrating Docker to Jenkins.
- Maintained the already existing shell scripts to run the CRON jobs.
- Used python scripting for the automation of several API’s.
- Used mongo queries to pull the data from ROBO mongo.
Environment: Windows, Linux, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Shell, Python Scripting, Ansible, Terraform, AWS, EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, Glacier, CloudFront, Mongo DB.
Confidential, MT. Laurel, New Jersey
- Worked on different phases of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile/scrum Programming Methodologies.
- Used AWS in implementing new AWS EC2 instances and working with EBS and S3 storage.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Provisioning Jenkins environment for continuous integration by easing build and testing tasks for developers.
- Implemented AWS High-Availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed a balance across instances in multiple Availability Zones.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and Amazon Web Services AWS.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and Ops works.
- Created AWS RDS database instances consisting of Oracle, SQL Server and AWS RDS Oracle database clusters.
- Assigned AWS Elastic IP Addresses used to work around host or availability zone failures by quickly remapping the address to another running instance or a replacement instance that was just started.
- Used Chef to write Cookbooks and recipes for the installation of packages and running services and also managed server applications like Apache HTTP server, MySQL.
- Automated all of the servers in Rackspace and AWS with full 3 tier web architecture using Ansible.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Developed continuous integration server which integrates Ansible, BitBucket and Docker.
- Support development in creating branches adhering to standard process - Subversion (SVN) and TFS.
- Worked with Development Team Leads and testing team to establish a build schedule, execute software Builds in Subversion (SVN) and troubleshoot build failures, if any.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option. Configuration of various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Bash and Python.
- Implemented Continuous Integration concepts using Jenkins/Hudson, BuildForge, CruiseControl and AnthillPro.
- Improved localization build speed through specification and configuration of MSBuild based system for whole SQL Server organization.
- Created Perl scripts and SQL stored procedures for nightly batch job streams, data loads and corporate reporting.
- Created shell scripts for environmental changes, fetching information from xml files for deployment automation, automating deployment process and for creation of an environment.
- Set up or update configuration files on shell script for system setup in Linux environment.
- Created Perl Scripts for complex Data parsing, Analysis and Report generation and created Shell scripts for generation of Disk Space, Archive, system monitoring for staging environment.
- Worked on JIRA, Agile projects like creating scrum boards, configured columns, filters and reports for sprints.
Environment: AWS, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, JAVA/J2EE, Ant, Maven, TC Servers, Tomcat, Shell Scripts, Dockers, XML, Nagios, Oracle, Nexus Repository.
Confidential, Tucson, AZ
Build and Release Engineer
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Built and Deployed java source code into application servers in an agile continuous integration environment.
- Generated Ant, Perl &UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked on the transition project, which involves migration activities from Ant to Maven in order to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Coordinated application release with Development, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deployment of JAVA code.
- Automated the deployment and server bounce for JBoss Applications.
- Build artifacts (war and ear) are deployed into a JBoss app server using Shell Scripts
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef .
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in Open Stack cloud, integrating it with Chef.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation..
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Support QA regression deployments, monthly and weekly releases of applications.
- Worked with Maven build process and repository manager Nexus.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging. Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Worked with Windows batch scripting, LINUX Shell scripting, Perl and Maven Pom Scripting.
- Integrating the code quality analysis tools like Cobertura, Find Bugs, and JUnit, PMD, and Check style into the projects.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Presented reports to the Project manager about the progress and issues tracking key project Milestones, plans and resources.
- Deployed using Admin console into JBoss Application Servers. Involved in troubleshooting of user interface using JSP. Worked with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
- Pushed releases to QA, Beta, and production environments.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.
Environment: GIT, Subversion (SVN), Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Jira, Chef, Ubuntu, Python, Shell Scripts.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Build and Release Engineer
- Built artifacts (WAR's and EAR's) are deployed into a Web logic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, INT, QA, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, INT and QA Environments.
- Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Continuous Integration of builds using Jenkins, migration of build system Ant to Maven and managing the build system.
- Worked on JBoss application server.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured clusters to provide fail over, load balancing and deployed applications on clusters.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Installed and Configured Continuous jobs for automating some build Processes.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Installed and configured LAMP (Apache/Tomcat/MySQL/PHP), Reverse-proxy servers (Nginx).
- Supported Linux servers in prod/stage/dev environment.
- Trouble shooted the build issues during and post Jenkins build process.
- Used Splunk Monitoring System Logs Essential to Finding Problems and halting deployment Pipeline
- Used Apache Tomcat and Ngnix as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Experience in using JIRA as Issue Tracking Tool.
Environment: Subversion, Team City, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Java J2EE, ANT, Perl Scripts, MAVEN, Hudson, UNIX, LINUX, Python, WebSphere, Shell Scripting
Confidential, Desmoines, IA
Unix/ Linux System Administrator
- Plan, design, Implementing, Installation and configuration Operating System Installation and upgrade on Red Hat Linux 5, 6 on & HP-Dl585, DELL DRAC and VMware.
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Working on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager & Solaris Volume Manager. File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi path.
- Implemented P2V virtualization from Dell hardware to VMware machines with RHEL5.x, 6.x as guest OS.
- Configuring DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Red Hat Linux 5.0 & other Network Services, Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area.
- Administration/Configuration of Print Servers/Clients in the Network, planning, configuration and maintenance of connectivity for servers as well TCP/IP configuration.
- Network trouble shooting using 'traceroute', 'netstat', 'ifconfig' and Monitored server and application performance & tuning via various stat commands like vmstat, nfsstat, iostat etc. and tuned I/O, memory, etc.
- Performance Management & Tuning of AIX 5.3, 6.1 UNIX Kernel.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Production support of Apache, Apache HTTPD, JBoss, Tomcat including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Configure and maintain Windows 2000 Server that runs DNS, DHCP and active directory services.
- Utilized Linux Terminal Server for removing fat client management, save on administration Provide users with a more reliable & secure environment.
- Experience in creating Groups, Resources, Setting the resource properties and making Resource Online on MS Cluster Service.
- Worked in configuring and setup connectivity between web servers, database servers and directory servers as a process server administrator.
Environment: Red hat LINUX 5, 6(HP Proliant DL 585, BL 465/485, ML Series), Redhat Cluster, AIX 6.1, 5.3, Veritas Cluster Server, Enterprises Security Manager, JBOSS 4.2, JDK 1.5,1.6,, VMware Virtual Client 3.5, VMware Infrastructure 3.5, WINDOWS NT/2003.
- Installed, configured and updated REDHAT Linux and Ubuntu.
- Network traffic control, IPSec, Quos, VLAN, Proxy, Radius integration on Cisco Hardware via Red Hat Linux
- Worked actively on applying new patches and packages for Solaris and Linux Servers and handled issues arising out of them.
- Managed DNS, RADIUS, Apache, MySQL, PHP. Took frequent back up of data, created new stored procedures and scheduled backups.
- Designed and implemented IT infrastructures such as data center, servers, storage, backup and virtualization.
- Reviewed and fixed all the error logs along with provided superior customer support for Webhosting, ISP and LAN customers on troubleshooting escalated support troubles.
- Supported, Troubleshoot and deployed web application servers such as WebLogic, JBOSS, and Apache Tomcat and Apache HTTPD servers.
- Solved tickets related issues, User creation, Accesses, Permissions, file system creations and enable and removing monitoring for file systems.
- Backed up and restored files across the network.
- Maintained and monitored System activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required.
- Created File systems, Partition and managing disk quotas, System Backup/ Restore both in Linux/Windows platforms.
Environment: Linux, Shell scripts, Java/J2EE, UNIX, MySQL, Apache, Tomcat webserver, Windows XP.