- 8+ years of experience in AWS, Build and Release Management, DevOps, involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments.
- Extensive experience in cloud engineer (Open Stack, AWS) LINUX (Redhat, Ubuntu and VMware) systems administrations.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, S3, IAM, RedShift, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, Elastic Filesystem, RDS, DynamoDB, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, EMR, Elasticsearch, Elastic Load - balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers).
- Developed and maintained tasks using shell scripts to integrate OpenStack components with Open Contrail (Networking Component) consequently optimizing the essential services.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source code management client tools like GitBash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Strong experience on DevOps tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Puppet, ANSIBLE, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, GitLab, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Expertise on Cloud innovations including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Good knowledge about CI/CD.
- Expert in deploying the Code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Experienced in trouble shooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebLogic, Microsoft Azure, WebSphere, J Boss and Tomcat over Aws Cloud.
- Worked on Ansible to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes.
- Supported API development team in creating Ansible Playbooks for deploying, integrating and monitoring their continuous integration environment. And automated the process of Apache Webserver installation, configuration using Ansible.
- Experience in cloud technologies like AWS and Azure in both windows and Linux environments.
- Experience in building, develop and deploy in any infrastructure using OpenShift.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Experienced in writing / modifying Python/Perl/Groovy/Bash/Power Shell scripts for process automation of systems, applications, backups etc.
- Experienced in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, Cloud watch and using ELK. Configure and ensure connection to RDS database running on MySQL engines.
- Well versed in container orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins and Anthill Pro for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Resolve network issues and skilled in network protocols such as TCP/IP, and DNS, DHCP.
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Python and Shell Scripts.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Excellent hands-on trouble-shooting, problem solving and communication skills
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/NT/2000/NT/XP/Vista/7/8/10, UNIX, Red Hat LINUX, Ubuntu, Fedora.
Source Code Management Tools: GIT, SVN, Bitbucket
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Anthill Pro, Bamboo, Cloud Stack
Bug Tracking and Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Junit, Quest
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform
Web Service Tools: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Logic, WebSphere
Scripting: Shell Script, Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash
Virtualization Tools: Virtual Box, VMware, Vagrant.
AWS Services: RDS, EC2, VPC, IAM, Cloud Formation, EBS, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling, SQS, SNS, SWF, Security Groups, Lambda, VPC, SNS, Route 53, Cloud Formation
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Waterfall Methodologies.
Networking Services: FTP, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinSCP.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Sr. AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using code Deploy, Code commit, Bit bucket, Code pipeline, Cloud Formation Templates, Lambda, and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Working in a team of DevOps Engineers for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating Resources Using Cloud Formation Templates for hosting software on AWS cloud.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup and configure and Tomcat servers. Deployed Micro Services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Implemented Ansible to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production. Automation of infrastructure by creating Yaml scripts based on python language using Ansible and worked on writing playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning on OpenStack environment through automated tools .
- Worked on Cloud Formation Templates to create any resource in AWS Server less templates Followed tags and parameter files created make file for creating templates to avoid manual process using shell scripts.
- AWS EC2 and Cloud watch services CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins. Automation of manual tasks using Shell scripting
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automating the build processes.
- Storage on AWS EBS, S3 and Glacier and automate sync data to Glacier.
- Created Micro services using AWS Lambda and API Gateway using REST API.
- Responsible for defining and creating API architecture for a large-scale digital transformation using AWS API Gateway and Lambda functions
- Utilized highly available AWS Environment to launch the applications in different regions and implemented CloudFront with AWS Lambda to reduce latency.
- Developed micro service with AWS Lambda and S3 using Java to improvise the performance of the application.
- Created clusters by integrating many nodes by using AWS Redshift.
- Used databases services on AWS like RDS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle), Dynamo DB, Cloud front, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups
- Having Hands-on Experience on IAM roles, Policies access for AWS resources
- Created SNS for EC2 servers to get notifications if it is shutdown, terminated or start
- We are using SQS queues for getting messages from another team.
- Extensively worked with Jenkins API's to know various things like build status, count of builds, GIT commit version used by Jenkins builds etc. using Groovy Script
- Wrote groovy scripts for Jenkins pipelines build, deploy on multiple nodes for 80 servers.
- Used certificate manager for transport layer security in AWS to manage and deploy.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment with Jenkins. Written python scripts to containerize using Docker and orchestrate it using Kubernetes. Configured the services using modern DevOps tools like Ansible.
- Monitor all AWS instance through Cloud watch check logs for debug the issues
- Wrote scripts for automate test cases and jobs in servers and Cloud Watch logs to S3 bucket.
- Worked with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Executed Kubernetes locally with MiniKube, Created local clusters and deployable application.
- Handled fabric services to be deployed in containers and images, used Docker in linux environment.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple namespaced versions.
- Prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on AWS utilizing Kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy.
- Created Cloud Watch Events for Kinesis Stream.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Using AWS Recourses For CI/CD Process code commit, code build, code deploy, Cloud Formation templates, Code pipeline.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Setup Jenkins tool to integrate the JAVA project and maintained Jenkins with continuous integration and deployment.
- Used Maven as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Troubleshoot switch to server and back to the secure Cloud connection.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, Bitbucket with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Involved in the troubleshooting the servers.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: AWS SNS, EBS, Route 53, ELB, Amazon Machine Image, Elastic Beanstalk, Azure, SVN, Shell/Python Scripts, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Splunk, Nagios, Ansible, Build Forge, Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, ANT, Apache Tomcat, Ruby, Jira, Cloud computing, OpenStack, JVM.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
DevOps Automation Engineer
- Design and setup of Crucible,Bitbucket Server, Jenkins, SonarQube, Microfocus SCA, JFrogon Linux servers.
- Executed application software build and deployments supporting applications across the enterprise. Worked with application development and Operations teams to understand project specific needs with in DevOps core functions and implement the same.
- Maintained Source Control branches, Control engineering team’s access to those branches from time to time depending on the release schedules using Bitbucket. Migrated applications from SVN to Bitbucket.
- Configured Bitbucket repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications. Experience and proficient in deploying and administering Bitbucket. Implemented a CI/CD framework using Jenkins in Linux environment and Integration of Jenkins with Bitbucket, Junit, SonarQube, Maven, Confluence and Jira.
- Experience in Using Terraform to wrote CloudFormation scripts automate the provisioning of AWSresourceslike IAM, EC2, S3, Route 53, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling and make calls to Puppetscripts that provisioning / configuration of servers on the instances. Using terraform we had customized our infrastructure in AWS configuration dashboard using AWS resources.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server-less architecture using AWS Lambda and deployed it via Terraform. Migrated data from Datacenters and on-premises to Cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Configuration management and deployments using Chef server with understanding of Knife and ChefBootstrap process etc. and writing Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto ChefServer for configuring EC2instances.
- Used Terraform and did "Infrastructureascode" and modifying terraformscripts as and when configuration changes happens.
- Configured the Chef-Repo, Setup multiple Chef Work stations.
- Developed Java and Apigee pipelines with industry standard tools and quality checks. Ensured to meet code quality and security standards by implementing Quality gates using SonarQube, HP fortify and Linting. Managed the builds and its dependencies in the secured Artifactory using JFrog Artifactory and Maven.
- Designed high quality Pipeline process for zero downtime with proper health check in admin mode. Sanity and integration checks are done after new version deployment and reverted script if build was not as excepted. Deprecation of old version after serving all existing users. All the steps are integrated using Ansible playbook.
- Developed Generic python scripts using Pyral API and configured with cron jobs for automatic ticket processing.Processed Rally tickets for creating branch, tag and commits raised by developers and admins. Implemented two factor approvals from email and ticket content. Designed ticket maintenance like close, update and send for approval using python scripting. Integrated with Jenkins to create rally tickets from Jenkins for approvals.
- Configured the build environments for web-based enterprise applications and competent in application troubleshooting through ansible. Worked on installing of Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Worked with Docker Management Platform, Leveraged Custom Docker Images as Containerized Apps within the Docker Engine. Creating, managing and performing container-based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together. Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Used Jenkins 2.0 and pipelines, which helped us, drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Built additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Created and managed Azure AD tenants and configured application with Azure AD. Integrated on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD Integrating on-premises identity with Azure AD.
- Containerization of Web application using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery (CD) goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx. Implemented several Tomcat Instances by using the Docker engine for running several Containerized Application Servers. Managed Centralized logging using ELK stack to facilitate easy monitor and fault analysis. Configured and monitored Linux infrastructure using Nagios.
- Maintained the Project Related Documents and Standard Practices in Confluence pages. Worked in a fast-paced Agile type environment. Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst, and Managers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
Environment: s: AWS, Azure, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Junit, SonarQube, JFrog, WebLogic, Terraform, Maven, Ansible, Pyral, Agile, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Docker, Kubernetes, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Rally, ELK, Nagios, Confluence.
Confidential - Woonsocket, RI
DevOps Engineer/ Build and Release Engineer
- Design and document CI/CD tools configuration management.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to GIT triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Build and Deployment CI/CD Pipelines.
- Dockerized CI/CD tools (Jenkins and Gitlab).
- Zabbix for CI/CD tools monitoring.
- Pager Duty to monitoring CI/CD tools and resolve critical issues proactively to manage uptime.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RedHat Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x& 7.x) on SPARC, x86 and Blade Centres.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Work with application development and operation teams using a variety of automated testing and build, and deploy tools (MAVEN, Ant, Nexus) to resolve issues with transition to new DevOps solution
- Performed Web logic Server administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning on Linux Environment
- Deployment and management of many servers via scripting in Chef, utilizing cloud providers as a direct Jira.
- Created repositories, branches, tags in GIT, assisted the developers to fix merging issues and Creating Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using JFrog Artifactory.
- Worked able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as Bash and Python.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Designed a Configuration Management solution using Puppet
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Maintaining Infrastructure automation using Chef.
- Mange build and deployment using Maven, Jenkins, Chef SCM tools.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing and configuring Nexus Repository Manager.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining an automated build and release environment
Environment: Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, AWS, Jenkins, Nagios, JIRA, Maven, Chef, Vagrant, Linux, SVN, GIT, Gradle, Puppet, Tomcat, Scrum, Python, Maven, Ant, Nexus, PowerShell
Confidential - Madison, Wisconsin
DevOps Engineer/ Build and Release Engineer
- Creation of Release Plan, Definition, collection, analysis and presentation of Release Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Wrote Pom.xml for Maven application builds automation.
- Used SSH for management of few remote sources.
- Used IBM Rational Clear Quest for tracking the changes and approval process.
- Implementing Correction-actions in case of deviation from the Releaseplan.
- Tracking code migration and testing efforts in all environments (i.e., Integration, Sys. Test, UAT, Performance/ Tech. Test, Training & Staging environments and final migration into Production Environment.
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build.
- Deployed the EAR and WAR archives into WebLogic and Apache Servers.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in NEXUS repository
- Experience integrating Junit, SonarQube, FindBugs, CheckStyle code analysis and testing during the build.
- Stand by administrator for Clear Case. Installing the Clear Case and Clear Quest for the Clients on both and UNIX platform.
- Administered BuildForge for automated build and deploy activities.
- Worked on Tomcat Web Server for hosting web apps.
- Managed administrative tasks, roles and permission and site maintenance through Demandware Exchange.
- Executed various scripts to automate build and release process.
Environment: IBM Rational Clear Case, Jenkins, SonarQube, WebLogic Maven, Shell Scripts, Build Forge, XML, Oracle, Tomcat.
Intern/ Systems Administrator
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kick start-based network installation
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Managing Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Installation of patches and other software packages
- Disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite onSolaris and other logical volume manager for another flavor of UNIX.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital &Sun Servers
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User Management, Security, Network management, dumb terminals and devices carried out.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/8.x
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Performed the administration of the Domain Name Server and configuration of the Database Files.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers
- Installed and Configured Send mail Utility on Sun UNIX Servers.
- Administering NFS Mounts.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, SunFire, SunStorEdge L280, Sun StorEdge A1000, A5000, JBODs Compaq servers, Solstice Disk Suite, Oracle 7.x/8.x