- Around 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release and deployment, and cloud implementation. Had working experience with cloud and monitoring processes as well as DevOps development in Windows and Linux systems.
- Experienced in working on DevOps /Agile operations process and tools area (Cloud Services, Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release management, Automation, Containerization, Incident and Change Management and Linux administration).
- Good working experience on DevOps tools such as Chef, Virtual Box, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, GIT, Ansible, Puppet, Gradle, SVN, Kubernetes and Docker
- Hands - on knowledge on Continuous Integration server like Jenkins, Bamboo and deployment into Tomcat/WebSphere Application Servers.
- Strong experience in configuring and maintaining Amazon Web Services which include services like Amazon EC2, ELB, Auto-Scaling, S3, Route53, IAM, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Elastic Cache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front and EMR.
- Designing highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Configured and deployed Azure Automation scripts for applications utilizing the Azure stack that including compute, blobs, ADF, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud services, ARM Templates and utilities focusing on Automation
- Experience in the installation, configuration and administration of web and application servers like Apache, Tomcat.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation. Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Terraform.
- Worked on Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and managed containerized applications using its nodes
- Expertise in creating Pods using Kubernetes and worked with Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.Worked on rolling updates using the deployments feature in Kubernetes and implemented BLUE GREEN deployment to maintain zero downtime to deploy process in Tomcat, Nginx using Python, Clojure and Shell Scripts to automate log rotation of logs from web servers and automating administration tasks.
- Expertise in using Docker including Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker images, compose, swarm, and Docker Registry and used containerization to make our applications platform to be consistent flexible when they are moved into different environments.
- Experience in automated infrastructure provisioning and application deployment using Chef and Ansible.
- Implemented and written Chef Recipes for deployment on build on internal data Centre servers. Also reused and modified same Chef Recipes to create a deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Expertise in Ansible Playbook, YAML for Maintaining Roles, Inventory Files and Groups Variables and Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration from pulling up the code from version control tools like GIT, SVN, Confidential, IBM Clear Case and building Artifacts using build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle. And deploying them into artifact repositories like Nexus and Maven.
- Improved continuous integration workflow, project testing, and deployments with build automation tools like Bamboo, Jenkins. Implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven in Jenkins.
- Created scripts using Azure PowerShell during automation and build process, and good working experience in Azure Logic apps, Service Bus and SQL Database. Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Expertise in Server and Network maintenance. Install, Manage, Monitor, Configure and Troubleshoot DNS, DHCP and Remote Access.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT on Linux platforms.
- Experience in monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Nagios, ELK stack and Splunk.
- Prepared sample code and applications for displaying various outcomes of API applications.
- Worked on Java Collections API for handling the data objects.
- Used Core Java Concepts based on Multithreading, concurrency concepts for updating the inventory using the I/O concepts.
- Actively involved in Project Planning, Requirement Management, Release Management and User interface benchmarking for different platforms.
Sr Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Setup and build AWS cloud infrastructure resources like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, ELB, Auto Scaling, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS, AWS Import/Export.
- Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch. Then store that logs and metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function.
- Installed, configured and setting up databases in AWS using RDS, Storage using S3 buckets and configuring instance backups to S3 buckets.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PAAS, IAAS, or hybrid solutions utilizing AWS.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and utilized for storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked on Migration from AWS Cloud to Azure and designed terraform templates and modules to build entire Azure infrastructure.
- Setting up Virtual networks for site-to-site, Point-to- Site and Express Route Circuits in Azure.
- Implementation of User Defined Routing. Setting up Azure network Security with NSG and Endpoint ACLS
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Automated application deployment in cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service Scheduler.
- Used Docker for container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers in Docker registry.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Configured Generic data source, Multi data source using configuration management Process using Ansible.
- Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages. Scheduled, deployed and managed Container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Implemented deployment strategies Blue-Green Deployment and Rolling Deployment. Created and automated the Jenkins pipeline using pipeline groovy script for the applications.
- Implementing project builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Developing Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment, and testing of Web and Java/J2EE applications.
- Deployed application using Jenkins server and troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolve, work with engineers on resolution. Configured GIT with Jenkins and automated jobs using Build trigger option and Monitored JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python, Golang Go, Unix Shell Script Programming, JSON, Ruby, yaml, Perl, to automate jobs.
- Created scripts for system administration using languages such as Shell and Python. Also developed and maintained Shell scripts for build and release.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms RedHat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Monitoring of multiple customer contact points including email, ticket queues and slack chat.
Environment: AWS, Azure, GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, NoSQL Database, WebLogic, Python, Golang, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Linux(RHEL), Terraform, Stash, PowerShell, Windows XP, Oracle, Confluence, JFrog, bitbucket, JIRA, Slack.
Azure/ DevOps Engineer
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Experience in migrating on premises to Windows Azure and build Azure Disaster Recovery Environment and Azure backups from the scratch using PowerShell script.
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform Azure Virtual Machines instances using Ansible Configuration Management. Created Ansible manifests, profiles and roles modules to automate system operations.
- Creating and maintaining containerized micro services and configuring/maintaining private container registry on Microsoft Azure for Hosting Images and using Windows Active Directory
- Deployed and Maintained windows phone applications on azure cloud technologies. Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment.
- Setup Hybrid connections between Azure web pass and on-premise SQL databases.
- Develop PowerShell scripts, master and child configuration templates to automate multi environment and data center deployments.
- Hands on experience with creating build and release pipelines using VSTS.
- Develop/execution of automated scripts using Microsoft custom .NET framework in Visual Studio VSTS.
- Integrated kubernetes with registry, networking, storage, security and telemetry to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrate containers across multiple hosts, on Azure
- Designed and created Docker images using Docker files. Hand-on experience with Docker container snapshots and managed Docker volumes
- Automated the process of installation, configuration of the web application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic using Ansible.
- Build the artifacts through Jenkins CICD pipeline wherein for every 1-hour triggering Poll SCM in the Build Trigger. Resolved the issues occurred during the build process.
- Build the deliverable artifacts using Maven as a build tool in Jenkins for Java applications and deploy them to various environments.
- Configured Jenkins pipeline for auto deployment through continuous integration (Jar build, AMI creation, Integration test, contract test, performance test, deploy in Test environment and then into Production)
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Maintained Nagios for monitoring the log files, Network monitoring and the hard drives status.
- Build and deployed .NET applications on to different environments such as QA, SIT, UAT & PROD.
- Used Bitbucket for the repository and version management through SourceTree for GIT UI.
Environment: Azure (Including ASP, ACS, ADFS, VNETs, ARM, IAM, SAS, SAP, WCF, IIS, Web & Mobile, Blobs, Resource groups, Key Vault, Azure SQL, Redis, CouchDB, RabbitMQ), Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, WebSphere, Nagios, .NET
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
Aws/ DevOps Engineer
- Created an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Responsible for using AWS Console and AWS CLI for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch.
- Used AWS Cloud Front (Content delivery network) to deliver content from AWS edge locations by improving user experience and latency.
- Setting up Route 53 for AWS Web Instances and ELB & Cloud Front on AWS Environment.
- Installing and configuring Jenkins master and slave nodes. Built CI/CD pipeline and managing the infrastructure as code using chef.
- Created Snapshots and AMIs of EC2 instances and moved AMIs to different regions to create cross region Failover, as well as created S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, configuring the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer, and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost-effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Managed multiple cookbooks in Chef and Implemented environments, roles, and templates in Chef for better environment management.
- Setup Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications, involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Performed Database administration tasks on Oracle server like DB Creation, DB backup/restores, shrinking space etc.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Managed application deployment for complex projects including systems integration. Hands on experience in installing and administrating Nexus.
- Integrated Subversion into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Automated the continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins, Docker and AWS Cloud Templates, build-pipeline- plugin.
- Expertise in using built tools like Maven for the building deployable artifacts such as jar & war from source code.
- Linux kernel memory upgrades and swap area. RedHat Linux kickstart installations Sun Solaris Jump start installation.
- Expertise in Linux backup/ restores with tar including disk partitioning and formatting.
Environment: AWS (Auto Scaling, Cloud Formation, ELB, RDS, EC2 S3, VPC, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, AMI, Subnets, ELK), VMware, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Shell Scripting, Java, Json, MySQL, Dynamo DB, Oracle DB, Linux, JIRA .
Build & Release Engineer
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Created the branches in Subversion and Perforce to implement the parallel development process.
- Generated scripts in Python and Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Knowledge in worked on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Deployed the applications to WebSphere Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications. Worked on ANT Scripts to automate the build process.
- Managed shell scripts for the automation of build and deployment process.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases. Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Used VMware to update Manager to apply patches to virtual machines and Virtual Private Networking (VPN) tools and techniques to maintain these VM's.
- Performed storage management with SAN/NAS and migrated the manual jobs to self-executing Cron jobs on Physical/Virtual Servers.
- Worked on VMware for Virtual server builds, increasing memory, CPU, adding disks, Maintenance on ESX hosts VM and server/storage migrations.
- Extensively worked on hard disk mirroring and stripe with parity using RAID controllers.
- Provided day-to-day user administration like adding/deleting users and managing users' queries in Red hat Linux.
Environment: Kickstart, DNS, DHCP, Linux, VMware workstation, Virtual box, XEN, Ant, WebSphere, Confidential, shell scripting, python
- Hands on VMware for installing Linux and SUSE Linux and windows on virtual machines.
- Creating, Mounting and Troubleshooting NFS File systems on different OS platforms.
- Troubleshooting and fixing day-to-day problems related to the servers.
- Configuration of Naming Services like DNS, DHCP, NIS, LDAP Novell directory. Implementing Master and Slave servers for NIS, DNS.
- Installation and configuration of CYGWIN on Windows in order to access UNIX system from Windows Operating Systems.
- Providing 24 x 7 supports to various application level server level & network level Monitoring & troubleshooting of any data center outages.
- Installation and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, 4, 5 SLSE10 using Kick start including monitoring, scaling and capacity planning and hardware maintenance of Sun fire servers.
- Installation and Configuration of Red Hat Satellite on Dell power edge 2650.
- Network trouble shooting using ndd, Traceroute, net stat, ifconfig and snoop.
- Responsible for Oracle database security and patching, Oracle database capacity analysis and planning.
- Developed Linux, UNIX, Perl and Shell Scripts and AWT programming for manual deployment of the code to various environments.
- Installed, configured, performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrade/patches of Linux and UNIX servers using Crontab.
- Maintain file system and host security using chmod, chown, chgrp, immutable bit, iptables and tcp wrappers.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, YUM, RPM, User & Group management, Bash, Firewall, Apache, Volume Groups, LVM, NFS, FTP, SAMBA, SSH, DHCP, DNS, VERITAS Cluster Servser(VCS), Windows Server 2003 Active Directory, Kickstart server, TCP/IP, IP addressing &Subnetting, routing, Nagios.