- Meticulous Senior Network Administrator, who is excellent at juggling multiple tasks and working under pressure.
- Motivated leader with broad experience in; Information Services
- Management, Information Services Infrastructure, Purchasing, Departmental liaison and Inter - company Communications.
- Team liaison Client assessment and analysis
- Self-motivated Data management
- Strong verbal communication Risk management processes and analysis
- Project management Cisco Routers, Switches
- Powerful negotiator Backups and Recoveries
- Extremely organized Server Setups and Migrations
- VMware, SharePoint, O365, Active Directory LAN, WAN, Wireless
Senior Network Administrator, Pleasant Prairie, WI
- Setup a new LAN consisting of 3 Dell Server Blades, that are running Windows 12 R2 Server OS. 2 of these servers are setup with IDRAC & ESXI. One server is running vCenter, which I use as the focal point to make changes and monitor all 3 servers.
- One server is setup with SQL, and is running our ERP system.
- One server is setup as a file server.
- One server is running AD, Print Services, and Backup Services.
- I have worked extensively with AD to setup client profiles, group policies and Group Access rights.
- Setup 4 Adtran NetVanta switches, 2 APC UPS blades, Palo Alto Firewall, and several patch panels for
- Ethernet connections.
- Setup 110 computers, printers, scanners, Manufacturing Test Stands and Plotters on our network.
- Setup all clients with Windows 10, Adobe Acrobat DC and Office O 64-bit. Setup other software packages as deemed necessary such as; Matlab/Simulink, Speed, Project, Visio, SnagIt, etc.
- Have setup wireless using a UniFi controller and 6 Access Points.
- Currently using the Windows 12 R2 Server built-in monitoring software to track loads on the servers.
- Have an ongoing library of documented procedures posted in a networked drive.
- Constantly doing research on the Web to find the latest procedures trying to improve on yesterday's technology. I do research costs, because no one likes to spend more than necessary. Comparative pricing keeps me informed as well as management on pricing.
- Using Veeam and Backup Exec to perform backup and restores.
- I have setup and used VMware to create all the VMs on our servers.
- Have setup a 20 Terabyte SAN, which we use to back up to and then back that information up to tape.
- Backup procedures are everyday incremental to full backups done on Friday evenings. Monday morning that tape goes offsite to our storage facility.
- Have orchestrated several meetings regarding our procedural changes. Having meetings helps communicate changes with our users, and eliminates many of the questions and concerns our clients may have. Our clients also receive emails outlining any procedural changes.
- I work with other branches of SLMTI currently. I have made changes to their AD client profiles. Currently
- I am involved in a project to upgrade/replace their Office application, and replace it with O . I'm also involved in synchronizing their AD profiles with Outlook. This is for the near future project of utilizing Skype for Business. When Utilizing Skype, it takes the information from AD; like phone number and location.
Senior IT Infrastructure Administrator
- Administered Active Directory to setup accounts, permissions and group policies.
- Familiar with Confidential
- Edit for listing out attributes within an AD Forest. Worked with DNS Administration, Entitlements and ADFS enabling clients to utilize single sign on authentication.
- Member of a 2-person team that migrated Lotus Notes to O365. Type of migration done was a Hybrid
- Deployment, because of the number of mailboxes. The corporation had 7500 mailboxes of which 1500 were global licenses.
- O365 Licensing was determined by evaluating the Department, Type of User, the Users Location and their Primary Work Location. Deployed licensing or User Entitlements based on the following:
- General Manufacturing received E1 Licensing (Outlook and Skype for Business), Manufacturing Leads received E2 Licensing (Outlook, Skype for Business and Microsoft Cloud Access to Word, Excel and
- OneDrive) and all other Office Personnel received E3 Licensing (Outlook, Skype for Business, local installations of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Access and Publisher. The SLA with
- Microsoft mapped out how many users were in each category, and support was included for a period of 3 years.
- Worked with PowerShell Scripting. Able to use various scripting commands to jump to different lines of code, undue actions, redo actions, find different lines of code, enter new lines of code, copy/paste actions when necessary, and several other commands.
- Have setup a SharePoint Server. Setup SharePoint Sites for consolidated access of our corporations communications, apps, and files. Users accessed using a Web Browser such as Internet Explorer. This allowed groups common access to the latest files and removed the multiplicity of several versions of these files floating around on individual computers. Removed the need for multiple meetings until such time that all documentation could be mutually agreed upon and ready to provide awesome presentations. Access to the SharePoint Server Sites utilized Active Directory Usernames and Passwords.
- Responsible for HP and Dell Blade Servers.
- Setup a VMware Server and installed VMware Operating system chosen was 2012 R2. Setup 4 hosts 45 VM's - Thin Client, and installed VMware Tools on each VM. Implemented HA (High Availability) VCenter as well as vMotion.
- Implemented vSphere Web Client as the building, monitoring and maintenance package for the VM's which are located in the ESXi Hypervisor layer of VMware along with the Kernel.
- Worked with Dell (Quest) Migration Manager for migrating clients to O365.
- Configured and migrated Microsoft Windows Servers: 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2.
- Have worked with the TrendMicro Suite, Symantec and Malwarebytes Anti-virus/Malware software packages.
- Have worked extensively with the JIRA Ticketing System. Used this exclusively for all hardware software requests, as well as handling all troubleshooting requests from our clients. All new personnel were reported thru the JIRA system and subtasks were assigned to the designated areas responsible for completing their tasks.
- Provided Second Tier support for the Symantec Brightmail Gateway.
- Implemented Backup Retention Policies using the Veeam application to follow Sarbanes-Oxley
- Compliance. Previously I worked with Symantec Backup Exec to backup and restore files from our servers.
- Familiar with AirWatch setup on mobile devices such as iPhones. Used this software to register the mobile devices to the company.
- I have worked with a Cisco ASA 5500 Router. and a Cisco 2500 wireless controller with 27 access points.
- Have worked with APC Symmetra 16kVA UPS systems. Replaced batteries and also control modules.
- Have provided 24x7 support for global offices as well as several across the United States.
- Responsible for setting up Client Computers using Microsoft Windows 7 and 10.
- Worked directly with vendors such as Dell desktop and laptops for purchasing equipment as well as utilizing their support. Also, worked with vendors that provided the CAD and Engineering software packages we needed.
- Assisted with Disaster Recovery for business related applications and getting them replicated offsite.
- Responsible for implementing LANDesk, which was used for the remote and onsite push of software installs to client computers.
- Kept an ongoing library of all documented procedures and hardware implementations in a SharePoint
IT Administrative Support
- Worked directly with all departments, foreign and domestic, to achieve software licensing requirements.
- Researched and updated computer equipment needs based on foreign and domestic operations.
- Performed a cost analysis of the computer equipment and submitted report to Management.
- Developed new process for cloning client computers, which resulted in marked performance improvements. Saved the company 50% of the original setup time.
Desktop Support Specialist, Franksville, WI
- Setup and maintained Windows and Apple client computers.
- Responsible for software licensing and computer purchases at foreign and domestic operations.
- Developed an equipment tracking database.
- Setup and maintained Digital Equipment Corporations VAX 11/750 Micro-Computer to handle
- Engineering operations.