Motivated IT engineer possessing exceptional troubleshooting/configuration skills on Cisco Routers & Switches, experience with solving networking issues and resolve end user problems. Seeking to work as a Network Engineer with a growing company to further develop skills in a fast - paced environment.
Routing Protocols: BGP, TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP
LAN/WAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Spanning Tree
Troubleshooting using tools: such as ping, telnet and trace route
Network Routing Hardware: Cisco ASR 9000 series (ASR 9001, 9010), Cisco ME 3400s (ME- 3400E) and 3550s, Cisco Router 1941, Cisco Switch Catalyst 4500, Cisco Switch 2960
Implementation of IP addresses: Static routes, BGP routing, DNS, VLAN, Tunneling, IPSec
Troubleshooting and configuring Layer 3 Circuits: IP addressing (IPv4 & IPv6), Static Routing, BGP Routing, Route Policies, Iperf Testing, Configuring Null Routes, Blackhole Sessions for DDOS mitigation.
Troubleshooting and configuring Layer 2 Circuits: Point to Point Circuits with Access or Trunk Ports, Tunnels between 2 sites, Iperf Testing (TCP/UDP traffic)
Troubleshooting and configuring Layer 2 Mesh Circuits: VPLS Mesh Circuits between multiple sites
Troubleshooting Layer 1 Hardware Devices: 100 Mbps Media Converters Telco Systems 2141, 1Gig Media Converters Metrobility R200
Troubleshooting: issues such as Latency, Packet Loss, Link Errors, Throughput, BGP, DNS, ICMP traffic
Operating Systems: Cisco IOS, Cisco IOSXR
Port: Bundle-ethernet (Lag circuits), VLAN interfaces, Trunking
Ticketing System: BMC Remedy, Salesforce
Secure CRT: Cisco Jabber, GNS3, Packet Tracer, Putty, TeraTerm, Wireshark
SharePoint: Microsoft Office
Customer Support Engineer
Confidential, Washington D.C.
- Identify and troubleshoot network issues on customer circuits at Layer 1, Layer, 2 and Layer 3 level and escalate the issue to higher level of support, when required via phone and email.
- Take an average of 20 inbound customer calls and resolve 15 tickets daily.
- Resolve customer issue tickets, ensure that customers are updated with their ticket status and progress is being made towards solving their issue by documenting updates.
- Troubleshoot, configure LAN/WAN infrastructures, Point to Point MPLS Circuits, VPLS Mesh circuits.
- Work professionally with customers, vendors, Telco, internal groups and field engineers from the company.
IT Operations Team Lead
- Worked in a team and used Cisco Network CCNA skills, implemented ‘Enterprise Network’, setting static routing & dynamic routing protocols like ospf, eigrp; created GRE & IP security tunnels, configured switch as a DHCP server and configuring access lists on routers.
- Installed and troubleshoot computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment like printers and scanners on network.
- Supported Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 Operating Systems, shared drive mapping and hardware tier 1 supporting.
- Configured, installed, and troubleshoot desktop and network printers.
- Ensured that all tickets are documented with status, customer communications and full description of the problem/resolution daily.
- Performed dimensions on the manufactured products in compliance to customer drawings specifications.
- Maintained all necessary quality records and reports, such as Poka Yoke verification documents.
- Prepared quality manual and standard quality procedures.
Network Engineering Intern
- Administration and troubleshooting Windows 2003 Active Directory, Server Group Policies; create, change, and delete user accounts.
- Install and update computer software, drivers, firmware, and desktop images.
- Walk end users through installing applications and software’s, file and printer sharing.