- 3+ years of experience in Automotive which included 8 months of internship Experience as a product development engineer and involved in design, development, validation and quality deployments.
- Experienced on Lean manufacturing tools like Design for six sigma(DFSS),Design and process failure mode effective analysis(DFMEA,PFMEA),Design verification plan report (DVP&R)and geometric dimensional and tolerance (GD&T).
- Worked in various projects dealing with problem solving, good with using in design for assemblies and manufacturing (DFMA) on material estimation, cost reduction, light weight body analysis with ISO & American standards.
CAD Software: AutoCAD 2009, PRO - E, CATIA V5, NX9.0,SolidWorks
Quality Management System: ISO 9001 2008/ ISO/IEC 17025 2005
Tools: MS-Office (Word, Excel, Power point), MS Project, CANoe, Diva
Operating Systems: Windows XP, VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8
Lean Six Sigma: Root Cause Analysis, Fishbone Diagram, DFMEA, PFMEA, APQP, MSA, GD&T, PPAP, DMAIC
Confidential, Southfield, MI
- Designed electronic circuit linings on Automotive powertrain sub systems like engines, transmission accessories for hybrid vehicles drive line systems to plan and execute for product development.
- Worked closely with design engineers and validation team on multiple programs to resolve customer issues.
- Developed DFMEA to identify potential product failure modes and recommend actions to mitigate risk during product design & launch.
- Provide sample sub systems parts for testing and approvals & Supports product validation activities (DVP&R).
- Directing validation activities and configurated and diagnosis by data inputs and output results by software Developing DV/PV validation schedules and resolving networking and architecture models by CAN.
- Performed measurement system analysis and design of experiments (DOE)to identify sources of data variation.
- Developed design practices and test methods to establish standardization of validation processes.
- Involved in PFMEA reviews and participating in brainstorming activities to get good results on product returns by using depth 5Why, 8D problem solving methodologies.
- Maintained ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard in identifying defects, contamination through observation and Conducting validation assessments and process audits.
- Recording daily findings and calculating defect ratios. Input and organized all data that was documented.
- Capable and prior experience in leading product development teams; Involved in many new product development projects, working with cross functional teams.
- Coordinate with suppliers and external vendors and ensure the product effectiveness of all programs.
Product development Engineer
- Responsible for product development on drive line Automotive body parts, manufacturing drilling rig equipment’s for trucks and tractors for prototyping, product design, verification/validation reports .
- Developed 2D&3D drawing reviews by using CATIA and NX9.0 and maintain design simulation on casting, materials, cost and manufacturing process.
- Testing & Calibration on Cummins engines, atlas compressors and L& T gear box & hydraulic motors installation.
- Involved in Validation process on auto drilling, hydraulic telescopic power lift mechanism rapid prototypes, automatic rod changing mechanism, PLC electrical circuit installations in robotics with remote control systems.
- Resolved major and minor failures in Cummins engines, powertrain, chassis, hydraulic cylinders, pneumatic pumps, motors, hydraulic lining systems for tractor and trucks body components with mechanical linkages.
- Conducting Trouble shoot procedures on engines assemblies with transmission and hydraulic pumps .
- Analyzed Team center data from design files and process design, die construction, welding construction die tryouts, welding tryouts pilot ram up to production team.
- Imparted technical assistance on customer design, provided technical solutions and monitored customer activities and ensure conformance, Job/cost tracking.
- Coordinate with project team and communicate with management, R&D team, technical team involved in Executing testing and Validation.
- Releasing new design product introduction (NPI) on Supply chain process APQP and PPAP inspections for plan, define and control production feedback procedures on cutting, drilling, welding, machining and quality inspection and maintained technical dimensional reports with GD&T.
- Managed risk of problem solving and control corrective and preventive actions and exceeded customer requirements by Conduct root cause analysis for FMEA to estimate reject workpiece components and deal with exchange materials from suppliers and deals and execute proper quality inspection reports.
- Skilled in manufacturing process techniques by delivering good product results by quality standards for components and developing project plans and timings to meet customer ISO-9001:2008/TS standards requirements.
- Developed problem-solving methodology like Root cause analysis in quality control issues with DVP&R.
- By utilizing lean Manufacturing tools like Kanban/Kaizen, Just in Time, TPM, fish bone diagrams,5S, DMAIC, Poka-Yoke, Value Stream mapping we reduce wastage in production and improved product reliability.
- Maintained essential team for design reviews and communications with casting, Fabrication team, customers, suppliers, design, process, operations, commercial, production teams for product development.
- Analyzing the status of the project and project documents, managed technical sales and applications .
- Assisted Engineering with in production for developing and Monitoring manufacturing methods, process of electronic panels, boards, plastics molds, jigs, injection, transfer, compression moldings, fixtures for various components for assemblies.
- Prepared PDCA setup testing and execute manufacturing methods with CMM, CAD/CAM,
- Examined and submitting internal/external audits reports .
- Analyzing the status of the project and project documents, managed technical sales and applications.