- Result - oriented and technically competent Network Engineer with specialized training and dedication to successfully adapt in the ever-changing field of IT, proven track record in individual and team environments, multi-tasking ability, effective collaboration, excellent organizational skills and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- 8 years of Experience Cisco Routers 1900,2500, 2600, 2800, 3700, 3800,7200 and ASR 1001-2.
- Catalyst Switch 3560, 3750v2, G and X Series, 2900, 4500x 6500, Cisco IOS, IOS XR.
- Hands on experience in, VLAN, VTP, STP,RSTP, MST, NAT, VPN, Stacking and OSI Layers.
- Networking Protocols: RIP, RIP v2,IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Site-to-site VPN with Pre-Shared Key.
- Net flow, Solar winds and Visio.
- Responsible for stable & structured operations and utilization of information technology resources to achieved service level requirement.
- Working rotating shifts (2nd and 3rd shifts) and callout as needed are a requirement of the job.
- Plans, researches, develops, and tests new networking technologies in support of business operations
- Utilize Network Analyzer tools and queries to provide system performance statistics.
- Assisting in troubleshooting of LAN\WAN issues.
- Testing and evaluating potential new versions of Cisco IOS software.
- Works directly with Architecture team to evaluate design details and provide information on current and proposed network infrastructure considerations.
- Perform Tier 2 technical support consisting of detection, diagnosis and correction of issues.
- Installs cabling for new and existing networks.
- Participates in the creation, implementation and continual improvement of standards, processes and procedures required to deliver high quality service.
- Generated technical-diagrams(Visio)\results\operations handover documentation
- Working on Communications Equipment’s like Sky Edge, Sky Star Advantage.
- Making Procedures for Routing and Switching.
- Perform multiple Tasks for daily round Checking health of Network Hardware
- Providing Technical Support in Implementation of VPN connection with IPSec.
- Perform the task to complete the Hub Installation, configuration and making sites UP and running on the Network.
- Support Maintain and Monitor using Traffic Graph, Syslog Server
- Dealing with Vendors to provide Support for the remote T1, DS3 and satellite links
- Network Infrastructure designs, implementations, proposals, high-level design documents and detailed technical specifications documents for a number of high profile clients. Advanced implementations of Enterprise Network Infrastructure, involving High-end Catalyst Backbone switches, Internet / WAN Connecting Routers.
- IP Based, Core deployment using Cisco 7600Series Routing Engines.
- Technical Review, Implementation and Supervision of Major Projects as per the business requirements. Actively involved with the Service delivery and approval for TOPS ‘Turn over to Production’ for Network Infrastructure solutions.
- Ensuring successful implementation utilizing quality methodologies (ITIL)
- Implementing Internet and Branch Office Connectivity, Load Balancing, High Availability and Fault Tolerance for critical business entities. Validating peer reviews to outline client’s requirement and fulfillments.
- Overseeing other project requirements includes writing staged documents and procedure for supporting engineers.
- Writing Procedural document including Operational Guide lines, Turn over to Production, emergency shutdown, WAN disconnections, Health checks etc.
- Document owner ship and availability to customer on request. Designing logical and Fiber layouts of entire campus for customer presentations.
- Internet / WAN Connectivity, Planning, Designing and Implementation of Enterprise Internet Connectivity using HSRP, GLBP, VRRP and BGP for inbound and outbound load balancing and fault-tolerance, with respect to the client’s requirements.
Confidential - Stamford, CT
Network Support Specialist
- Working with network topologies such as routing protocols.
- Provides initial fault isolation, proactive maintenance, status of data circuits, and monitoring of customer network equipment
- Facilitating different department for their needs regarding Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN using Cisco ASA .
- Closely work with other I.T teams for the continuous improvement in the area of service delivery and end user support.
- Responsible for actively monitoring the system and network.
- Network assessment and routing & switching domain design changes for customers for robust network environments.
- Assisted technical support teams and worked with customers towards timely resolution of complex (Level 3) network and application configuration issues.
- Performing routine work as well as handling communications b/w customers and internal networks for network high availability and performance.
- Support Maintain and Monitor using Traffic Graph, Syslog Server.
- As per Pre-described Procedures handling the issue and escalating it to seniors and Management.
- Building and configuring the Network as per requirement of Clients and Company.
- Assisted with the deployment of hardware and software to clients (including the installation, troubleshooting, and configuration and testing of basic hardware/software).
- Configured and supported multiple remote site installations.
- Analyzed expanding network, ran fiber, and implemented wireless communication.
- Performed network documentation and created disaster recovery plan
- Designed configuration and layout of WAN to include IPT Internet facing VPNs and wireless subnet
- Enhanced client server application to enable smooth interaction with dial-up connection
- Responsible to resolving trouble-tickets raised by clients through phone, email or remote access