- 7 years of experience in networking, installing, configuring and maintaining network devices.
- Hands on experience in configuring Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000 series switches and Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200, 7600 series routers.
- Implementing IP addressing schemes, LAN/WAN protocols, IP Services, to meet network requirements in different environments.
- Expertise in Configuration of Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANS) using Cisco routers and multi - layer Switches and supporting STP, RSTP, PVST, RPVST along with trouble shooting of inter-VLAN routing and VLAN Trunking using 802.1Q.
- Implemented redundancy with HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, Ether channel technology (LACP, PAGP).
- Proficiently implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, Route Maps and route manipulation using Offset-list.
- Hands on experience in deployment of GRE tunneling, SSL, Site-Site IPSEC VPN and DMVPN.
- Extensively worked on Cisco catalyst 6509 and implemented VSS along with VDC and VPC on Nexus 5505, 7009 switches.
- Comprehensive expertise in the implementation of optimization, analysis, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
- Working knowledge on configuring access lists. Troubleshooting DNS/DHCP issues within the LAN network.
- Expertise in IP subnetting and worked on various designing and allocating various classes of IP address to the domain
- Extensive hands-on experience in working with complex routed LAN and WAN networks, and preparing technical documentation.
- Involved in troubleshooting network traffic and its diagnosis using tools like ping, traceroute, WireShark, TCP dump and Linux operating system servers.
- Sound knowledge of Routing and Switching concepts and MPLS design.
- Managed inventory of all network hardware, Management and Monitoring by use of SSH, Syslog, SNMP, NTP.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of routing and switching protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and VLAN, VTP.
- Good Knowledge in troubleshooting issues on NAT.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4, MPLS
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the design.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Tier II ISP Routing Policies, Network Architecture, IP Subnetting, VLSM, TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, FT1 / T1 / FT3 / T3 Sonet POS OCX / GigE circuits, Firewalls.
- Primary responsibility is to design and deploy various network security & High Availability products like Cisco ASA other security products
- Responsible for Check Point and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Worked on ASR 1000 series routers.
Cisco Routers: 2600, 2900, 3600, 3800, 7200 and 7600
Cisco L2 & L3 Switches: 2900, 3560, 3750, 4500, 4900, 6500, Nexus 5K/7K
LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet, SMTP, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, VTP, STP, RSTP, Light weight access point, WLC.
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS, PPP, HDLC, (E1/T1/E3T3), DS3, OC192.
Network Security: Cisco ASA, ACL, IPSEC, Juniper SRX.
OS products/Services: DNS, DHCP, Windows (2000/2003/2008, XP), UNIX, LINUX.
RIP v1/v2, OSPF, EIGRP, IS: IS, BGP, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, and Static Routing.
Gateway Load Balancing: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
Various Features / Services: IOS and Features, IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, TFTP and FTP.
Network Management Tools: Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer, Cisco Works, SNMP, HP open view, Ethereal,SNMP, SSH, Telnet, ICMP, SSL
Security Server Protocols: TACACS+, RADIUS
Facilities: DS0, DS1, DS3, OCX, T1/T3
Load Balancers: Cisco CSM, F5 Networks (Big-IP) LTM 8900, Cisco ACE 4710.
Operating Systems: Windows (98, ME, 2000, XP, Server 2003/2008, Vista, Windows 7), Linux
Firewall & Security: Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto
QOS: CBWFQ, LLQ, WRED, policing/shaping
VOIP: Cisco IP phone, Cisco 5500, 6500 series controller, Avaya 3000,6000,7200 series controllers.
Cabling: CAT 5, CAT 5e, CAT 6, CAT 6a
Senior Network Engineer
- Installing, Maintaining and Troubleshooting of Cisco ASR 1K, 7200, 3925E and 2951E Routers and Cisco 6500, 4510, 4500-X, 4948, 3560X, 3750X and 2960S Switches for deployment on production network.
- Installation and deployment of new Server farms in multiple silos.
- Design, Install and consolidation of local server farms in multiple branch locations with Cisco 4500-X at distribution and 4948’s replacing the 3750’s at access level.
- Worked as a part of data center deployment where we converted from Cisco 6500 to Nexus.
- Experience configuring VPC (Virtual Port Channel), VDC (Virtual Device Context) in Nexus 7010/7018
- Experience with configuring FCOE using Cisco nexus 5548
- Configured Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX) which acts as a remote line card (module) for the Nexus 5000 to connect servers and storage devices.
- Installing and configuring new Cisco equipment including Cisco catalyst switches 6500, Nexus 7010, Nexus 5548 and Nexus 2k as per the requirement of the Organization.
- Worked primarily as a part of the security team and daily tasks included firewall rule analysis, rule modification and administration.
- Implementation of L3 MPLS-VPN and Migration of branches to the new MPLS cloud.4
- Configuring Static, BGP and OSPF Routing Protocols on Cisco Routers.
- Configured Site to Site IPsec VPN tunnels to peer with different clients and each of client having different specifications of Phase 1 and Phase 2 policies using Cisco ASA 5500 series firewalls.
- Configured Easy VPN server and SSL VPN to facilitate various employees’ access internal servers and resources with access restrictions
- Managing and providing support to various project teams with regards to the addition of new equipment such as routers switches and firewalls to the DMZs.
- Configured inside ACL, outside ACL, inside, outside interfaces.
- Configured NAT and PAT policies.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500.
- Experience in migration of VLANS.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of CSM, integration with ASA devices.
- Implementation of Access Lists for allowing/blocking desired traffic.
- Configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the network design.
- Configured EBGP load balancing and Ensured stability of BGP peering interfaces
- Worked on Route-Reflectors to troubleshoot BGP issues related to customer route prefixes also route filtering using Route-maps.
- Designed and implemented DMZ for Web, Mail & FTP Servers using Cisco ASA5500 Firewalls.
- Worked on F5 BIG IP LTM 3600 load balancers to configure Nodes, Pools and VIP’s on a need basis.
- Building the VPN tunnel and VPN encryption.
- Mapped, Network Diagrams and physical identification in MS Visio.
- Worked extensively on Cisco ASA 5500(5510/5540) and experience with deploying rules to the Cisco ASA solution.
- Updated documentation as necessary.
- Worked with engineering team to resolve tickets and troubleshoot L3/L2 problems efficiently.
- Preformed IOS upgrades on Cisco routers and switches
- Propose network redesign based on client hardware guidelines, network policies and individual site’s unique characteristics.
Environment: Cisco Catalyst 2960/3750/4500/6500 Series Switches, Cisco 2800/2900/3000 Series ISR’s and Cisco 3640/12000 / 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Cisco Nexus 7K, Cisco ASA 5500, Checkpoint, windows server 2003/2008, F5 BIGIP LTM/GTM, ACL, RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, VPN, HSRP.
Senior Network Engineer
- Installing, Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Routers (ASR1002X, 3945, 3845, 2800, 3600) and Switches to perform functions at the Access, Distribution, and Core layers.
- Configuring, upgrading and deployment of Nexus 7010, 5596 and 2248.
- Designing, implementing LAN/WAN configurations on Cisco Nexus 5K, catalyst 6500 switches
- Configuring and resolving various OSPF issues in an OSPF multi area environment.
- Implemented, configured BGP WAN routing, converting OSPF routes to BGP (OSPF in local routing).
- Packet capturing, troubleshooting on network problems with Wireshark, identifying and fixing problems
- Implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting various routing protocols - EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Expertise in maintenance of layer2 switching tasks - VLAN, VTP, RSTP, configuration of ether channel with LACP and PAGP along with troubleshooting of inter-VLAN routing.
- Experience working in Datacenter environment, configuration changes as per the needs of company.
- Manage project task to migrate from Cisco ASA firewalls to Check Point firewalls
- Redesigned Internet connectivity infrastructure for meeting bandwidth requirements.
- Configuring, implementing and troubleshooting VLAN’s, VTP, STP, Trunking, Ether channels.
- Installing, configuring Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 3750 & 3550 series and configured routing protocol OSPF, EIGRP, BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design.
- Experience in configuring, upgrading and verifying the NX-OS operation system.
- Configured and managed Cisco access layer routers and switches
- Provided support for troubleshooting and resolving customer reported issues
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM 8900, configured profiles, provided and ensured high availability.
- Configured and managed OSPF redistribution and authentication with type 3 LSA filtering and to prevent LSA flooding and also configured OSPF over frame relay networks.
- Designing, configuring, implementing and troubleshooting (LAN) VLAN’s, VTP, Spanning Tree (STP), Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel.
- Worked on F5 and CSM load balancers deploying many load balancing techniques with multiple components for efficient performance.
- Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with Cisco ASA VPN experience
- Implementing and managing traffic engineering on top of an existing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network using Frame Relay and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- Implemented site to site VPN in Juniper SRX as per customer.
- Implemented various EX, SRX & J series Juniper devices.
- Configuring HSRP for network redundancy and High availability.
- Configuring VPN for site-site and remote access.
- Designing and configuring IP address schemes.
- Involved in designing of LAN (Ethernet) and WAN infrastructure for the new Data Centre Using MS Visio.
- Maintaining Cisco hardware and Cisco IOS upgrade.
- Configured Cisco 1231 Access points with 5959 and 4941 antennas (802.11/a/g).
- Designing, configuring, implementing and troubleshooting (LAN) VLAN’s, VTP, Spanning Tree (STP), Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel.
Environment: Cisco 2948/3560/4500/3560/3750/3550/3500/2960 6500 switches and Cisco 3640 /12000 /7200/ 3845/3600/2800 routers, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K, Cisco ASA 500, F5 BIGIP LTM, RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, VPN, HSRP.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Responsible for the configuration of Cisco Routers (7000, 5300, 4000, 2500, 3000, 2600) using RIP, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Implemented Cisco IOS Firewall IDS using 2600 series router
- Configured and installed multi-protocol (IP, IPX) multi-interface Cisco routers
- Managed office network with Cisco devices with network devices including 2500 and 3600 series routers and 3500, 2900, 1900 series switches
- Analyzed and resolved a high percentage of initial customer contact in the areas of PC/LAN.
- Dealt with customer problems to management and support groups utilizing standard escalation model
- Extensive experience in configuring and implementing OSPF and BGP.
- Supported core network consisting of Cisco 7200 series routers running multi area OSPF.
- Configured EIGRP and OSPF as interior gateway protocol with route filtering and route redistribution, installed and maintained Cisco 3600, 2600 and 7200 backbone routes with HSRP
- Implemented stub/Totally stub areas and various OSPF features like route-summarization and SPF throttling.
- Hands-on experience with WAN technologies like T1/T3, DS3, STM1 and STM4 circuit types
- Implemented Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS 3.0) for TACACS+/RADIUS
- Knowledge with redistribution of routing protocols and Frame-Relay configuration
- Handled Network Migration from RIP to OSPF
- Implementation of TCP/IP and related Services-DHCP/ DNS/ WINS
- Configured, maintained and troubleshot routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Engaged in office moves, helped in identifying network requirements of new building, installed new networking hardware, and coordinated with vendors for cabling/wiring
- Performed troubleshooting, while maintaining trouble ticket tracking, following both internal/external routes.
- Assisted with escalation procedures and customer notifications.
- Configured Cisco Routers for OSPF, IGRP, RIPv2, EIGRP, Static and default route.
- Upgraded Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewall (PIX) IOS using TFTP
- Acted as Tier 3 support for connectivity, failures, configuration, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Provided project management for data center cabling, documented all network drawings using Visio
- Design, test, and implement global Next Generation MPLS network (150 sites) using Cisco 3800, 2800, 2600, and 1721 routers using BGP and EIGRP protocols.
- Implementing traffic policy changes with Cisco PIX Firewall appliance switch WAP configuration and installations.
Environment: Cisco 2600/2800/3600 Cisco 2950/2960 series switches, Cisco Routers 7000, 5300, 40002500, 3000, 2600, NAT, PAT, DHCP, DNS, OSPF, EIGRP, ASR, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Responsible for service request tickets generated by the helpdesk in all phases such as troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, patches and fixes with all around technical support
- EIGRP and BGP based PwC Supporting network by resolving level 2 &3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations.
- Configuring Big-IP F5 LTMs (virtual servers, pools, SNATs, health monitors, irules) for managing the traffic and tuning the load on the network servers.
- Upgrade Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewall (PIX) IOS using TFTP
- Updated the HP open view map to reflect and changes made to any existing node/object.
- Handled SRST and implemented and configured the Gateways, Voice Gateways.
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pairs for Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
- Configuring STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice along with Configuring port security for users connecting to the switches.
- Ensure Network, system and data availability and integrity through preventive maintenance and upgrade.
- Implementation and Configuration (Profiles, I Rules) of F5 Big-IP C2400 load balancers
- Involved in L2/L3 Switching Technology Administration including creating and managing VLANs, Port security, Trunking, STP, Inter-Vlan routing, LAN security.
- Worked on the security levels with RADIUS, TACACS+.
- Completed service requests (i.e. - IP readdressing, bandwidth upgrades, IOS/platform upgrades, etc.)
- Identify, design and implement flexible, responsive, and secure technology services
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Performed load balancing and application level redundancy by deploying F5 BIG-IP LTM 3900.
- Configured switches with port security and 802.1x for enhancing customers security.
- Monitored network for optimum traffic distribution and load balancing using Solar winds.
- Validate existing infrastructure and recommend new network designs.
- Created scripts to monitor CPU/Memory on various low end routers in the network.
- Installed and maintained local printer as well as network printers.
- Handled installation of Windows NT Server and Windows NT Workstations.
- Handled Tech Support as it relates to LAN & WAN systems.
Environment: Net Flow, TACACS, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, MPLS, CSM, Ether Channels, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Cisco 6509/ 3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Checkpoint firewalls(SPLAT).
- Experience in Cisco 7200, 7600 routers, Cisco 2800 3700 series switches: Physical cabling, IP addressing, Wide Area Network configurations (Frame-relay and ATM).
- Configured the Cisco router as IP Firewall and for NATting
- Worked with the Help Desk for circuit troubleshooting to give Support to the Tech persons at the site.
- Configuring routers and sending it to Technical Consultants for new site activations and giving online support at the time of activation.
- Performed troubleshooting, while maintaining trouble ticket tracking, following internal/external escalation procedures and customer notifications. Configured Cisco Routers for RIP, IGRP RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, Static and default route.
- Supporting Development team for the access to corporate network and outside world. Providing access to specific IP, Port filter and port access.
- Switching (Ethernet) related tasks included implementing VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet channel between switches.
- Configured ASA 5510 appliance and VPN.
- Installed and configured PIX 520, 525, 535 series firewalls, configured standard and extended access-lists and policy- based filters.
- Responsible for implementing Qos prioritizing voice traffic over a data.
- Implemented SNMP on Cisco routes to allow for network management. Completed the installation and configuration of T1, T3 & OC3 circuits.
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP problems and connectivity issues.
Environment: Cisco 2990/3550/6550 switches, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VLAN, VPN, Ether Channels.
- Configured and maintained the Data Center with the high-end modular routers and switches.
- Core level router Cisco 7609S and Cisco 2900 router in access layer.
- Core Switch as Cisco 6513E, 4506E switch in distribution layer and Catalyst 3750X in access layer.
- Configured the hub links with the BGP routing protocol.
- Configured the Check point firewall Nokia NGX R65
- Implemented the firewall rules with the Smart Dashboard R75.20.
- Actively participated in the DC & DR network, security and load balancing concepts using Radware (Appdirector & IPS) and Check point appliances.
- Implemented HP IMC tool for AAA and NMS
- Implemented and configured the CA spectrum and e-health tools.
- Generated the network up-time reports by using the CA tools.
- Configured and maintained the HP VCX server.
- Configured and managed 1100 end locations’ WAN & LAN network of RAPDRP with Cisco 2900 router and Cisco Catalyst 3750X.
- Vender management.
- Coordinating with the ISP s for connectivity related issues and day to day activities.
Environment: Cisco 7609S series routers, Cisco 2900 routers, 6513E switches, Check point firewall, Radware Appdirector.