- Strong technical and analytical skills based on 14 years of IT experience as a Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, IT Supervisor, and Director of Service Delivery .
- Cross Functional Project Management, Engineering, and Solutions Support experience for 3 Managed Service Providers and over 600 unique client environment ranging from Confidential to Enterprise size clients.
Platform: Proficient in supporting, configuring and maintaining all Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Server OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, Exchange. Azure, AWS
Hardware: Dell\HP servers, Cisco UCS, Nutanix Hyper Converge
HyperVisors: Hyper - V Server 2008\2012\2016, VMware 5.1\5.5\6.5, Citrix Xen Server, XenApp
Applications: Lync Server, Lotus Notes 8.5, Systems Center, Data Protection Manager, Data Domain, SharePoint, SQL Server, Microsoft Office Professional Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft System Center Operation Manager
Phone Systems: Cisco\Avaya\Shortel\Fonality
Firewall\Wireless\Security Appliances: SonicWALL, WatchGuard, PFSense, Untangle, Fortinet Firewall, Cisco Pix/ASA, CPANEL, Barracuda, Cisco, and Meraki.
Routers\Switches: Cisco Nexus 5k\7k and Catalyst switches, Cisco routers, Juniper, Dell \HP switches.
Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions: including Veeam, DELL Appasure, Symantec Backup Exec, Vistara, CommVault, Avamar, and Barracuda.
Ticketing/CRM/ERP systems: Remedy, Oracle, Siebel, Vantive, Connectwise and Salesforce. Multiple Healthcare\Legal\Financial CRM\ERP products include Sage Suite of Products, Medisoft, Eclipse, Abacus, Hummingbird, PC Law, IFS, and AllScripts
RMS\NMS platforms: Vistara, Spectrum, Labtech, Kaseya, Netcool, Solar Winds- ORION, and Wireshark.
Storage: ISCSI, Fiber channel- EMC\Dell SAN’s, Buffalo\HP\DELL NAS\MSA
Enterprise Antivirus/Anti-malware: Symantec, Kaspersky, McAfee, ESET, Sophos, AVG, Webroot and Malwarebytes.
Scripting: Some Batch, PowerShell, HTML, JAVA
Protocals: Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP\IP, SSH, FTP, SFTP, SMTP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, TLS, POP, NAT, PAT, OSPF
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Systems Engineer
- Hired initially to oversee Proactive Maintenance for Datacenters and Customer Environments while responsible for Remote Management Systems (Kaseya, Labtech,) and Network Monitoring Systems implementation ( Confidential ), and Enterprise Backup SME (Veeam, Evault, Efolder).
- Served as Lead Infrastructure Engineer for Atlanta Data Center and Hosted Client Environment. Management of 100 servers on Multiple Hyper-V and VMWare Hosts.
- Served as Onboarding Engineer for all new clients including documentation for Site Survey’s, creation of Runbooks, VISIO diagrams, and implementation of RMS\NMS tools, deployment of backup systems.
- Supported Sales Team as Engineering Lead and Solutions Architect.
- While working for an ITIL MSP I was involved in all phases of Change\Problem\Vendor Management.
- All Data Center Infrastructure responsibilities included support, configurations, and maintenance of all systems: Hyper-V 2012 Host and VM’s, VMware 6.5, Citrix Xen Server, Dell and EMC SAN’s, Barracuda for Spam Filtering. CPANEL for website hosting and DNS\ MX Records Multitenant Hosted Exchange environment with Website Panel\Exchange 2010. Exchange 2016\Server 2016 for non-multitenant clients. Separate Nutanix Hyper converge environment for corporate
- Managed 200 individual client environments
- Firewalls: Cisco, SonicWALL, WatchGuard, Fortinet, Untangle, and PFSense
- RMS/NMS/CRM: Labtech, Kaseya, Connectwise, Confidential
- Enterprise Antivirus: AVG,Webroot, Malwarebytes,
- Backups Solutions: Veeam\ Symantec Backup Exec\Efolder\Evault.
Sr Systems Administrator/Engineer
- Served as Primary Site IT Resource supporting 13 corporate Offices, 1 Datacenter, 12 remote sites and 40+ home users. Duties included serving as escalation point for all corporate systems, network (LAN/WAN) issues. Systems supported Included Barracuda 600 Spam Appliance, Exchange 2010, SQL Server 2008, CitrixXenapp/XenDesktop 4.5, VMWare 4.0, and 5.5, Hyper-V Windows 2012, Legacy 2003 and 2008R2 systems. HP MAS 3000 NAS appliance, HP Power Vault Tape Backup. Symantec Backup Exec Networking equipment supported included Checkpoint/Cisco ASA 5505/5510 Firewalls.
- Cisco 2960, 7200, 8350, 2900 and 2800 series switches/router, Fortinet-Coyote Load Balancers CRM and NMS Systems including - Solar winds, Observium, and OS Tickets Performed all hiring for IT department including IT Helpdesk and Sr Network Security Administrator.
- Served as Incident Manager for All System and Network related outages
Director of Service Delivery
- Served as Tier III Systems Engineer in ITIL Managed Services Environment.
- Duties included serving as an Escalation point for Support Operations Center Engineers I and II regarding Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- Responsibilities included providing support to multi domain convergent networks in Hosted Data Center Environment as well as on site customer Servers, D/R, VoIP and other Network equipment. Tasks included troubleshooting, break/fix, administration, and changes to Servers (2008 and 2012), Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, and Load Balancing/Clustering. VMWare 5.1/5.5, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp, Cisco UCS/ Nexus 5000 series switches.
- Cisco 2600 switches, Cisco ASA, PIX firewalls and WAP devices. SonicWALL Firewalls, Fortigate Firewalls. Dell/ HP Layer 3 switches.
- Supported VoIP vendor administration included Cisco, Shortel, and Fonality. Supported ERP/CRM platforms across healthcare, legal, and financial services customer base including Abacus, Hummingbird, HealthMed, and Connectwise.
- Network monitoring systems included the use of Labtech, Kaseya, FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer, and Vistara platform via NetEnrich vendor. Provided disaster recovery using Symantec Backup Exec, Appasure, Veeam, NetBackup, Vistara Backup, and Acronis.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Served as the 3rd Shift Senior NOC Engineer, team lead, and escalation point for Support Operations Center.
- Responsibilities include providing administration /security /support /maintenance of Microsoft Servers (2000, 2003, 2008R2, 2012, 2003 SBS/2012r2) and Hypervisors (VMWare5.1/ Microsoft HyperV/Citrix Xenapp), Backup solutions supported and monitored for disaster recovery included Symantec, VEEM, Barracuda, Accronis solutions.
- System administration included Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange (2003, 2008, 2012) administration, Blackberry Enterprise Server Implementation/ Administration, Routers, Firewall and switch maintenance( Cisco Pix and ASA firewalls, 2600 series switches, Nexus 5k switches, Juniper routers.
- Data circuit troubleshooting for customer networks (Cable modem, DSL,T1, T3, ATM/Frame relay data circuits),network monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting utilizing Wireshark and Windstream software, Fonality VoIP product, Database Support (Access, SQL, SAP, Lotus Notes, and Siebel), CRM, and ERP product support.
- Projects include interfacing with vendors for large scale site design and upgrades, new server builds and deployments, implementing backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Use of Kasaya/ Aspect network monitoring and Oracle dispatch and Remedy ticketing systems and Bomgar remote control tools to provide assistance to customers.
- On Call duties include providing after hours technical support field technicians.
- Duties included providing escalated helpdesk /desktop /network/ telecom/ server /network printer support for 40+ sites nationwide and North American Roswell, GA.
- Systems supported included Server NT/ 2000/2003/2007 administration, Lotus Notes 8.0 and 8.5.2 / Blackberry Administration, Active Directory Administration for users and security groups, Remote support via Dameware and Remote Desktop, as well as serve as 2nd tier escalation point for Remedy Incidents.
- Support was provided for VPN, Lotus Notes Databases, Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 clients, Microsoft Exchange 2007, Cisco VPN5.0.06, IPASS 3.7 remote connect, FTP sites, VOIP phones, TCP/IP, LAN, WIFI, and MPLS networks.
- Hardware and Printer support included HP and Dell laptops and desktops and Xerox/Brother/Lexmark/Epson/HP/Dell Printers in both a network environment and local printer setup.
- Telecom duties including primary contact for site support for AT&T monitored MPLS system and to coordinate outage repairs and monitor nationwide network via Spectrum monitoring tool. Projects included nationwide software deployments (NAMP/Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 roll outs/Microsoft Office 2007 upgrades) as well as Hardware deployments of 200 Dell laptops with XP and Windows 7 and desktops (Using Symantec Ghost and Windows Backup imaging tools).
- Travel was needed for several projects to external sites to assist with network resource implementation (Riverbed equipment for network optimization, server deployments, and network switch/router integrations), inventory, and user hardware support.