An IT professional with over 14 years of professional and progressive technical experience in configuration, installation, maintenance, integration, implementation and troubleshooting of various technologies for medium to corporate enterprise environments along with change management, project management, escalation support, client & vendor relations, design and engineering.
Connectivity & Hardware: Cisco 4500X, Cisco Nexus 5K / 2K, Cisco 3900, Cisco 2900, Cisco 2800, Cisco 1900, Cisco 800, Cisco Catalyst Series Switches, 3com 00 / 5500 series switches, HP A3600 / A5500 series layer 3 switches, ProCurve 10al / 2920 series switches, Brocade FX1600 core chassis, Brocade ICX6450 / ICX6610 Series layer 3 switches, Exchange Servers, Blade Servers, Dell Servers, Mac OS X Servers, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Fiber transceivers, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, RAID systems, Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance, Cisco Meraki Access Points and security appliances.
Network Technologies: CDP, LLDP, NDP, DLDP, Frame - relay, PPP, Access Control List (ACL), Network Address Translation (NAT), Port Address Translation (PAT), OSPF, OSPF Virtual links, Multi-Area OSPF, RIPng, RIP, RIPv2, EIGRP, BGP, VTP, SNMP, SNMPv3, SMTP, ARP, TCP, UDP, Static Routing, Stub Routing, VLAN Trunking, NBMA, VLAN, VTP, HSRP, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), RSTP, SVI, CEF, Etherchannel, Link Aggregation, LACP, BPDU, Portfast, GLBP, VRRP, FTP, TFTP, IGMP, IGMP-snooping, IP subnetting, NTP.
Peripheral Technologies: 802.11 a/b/g/n, WLAN, WAP, AP, SSID, LWAPP, CSMA/CA, AAA, IPS/IDS, EMC, TACACS+, RADIUS, SSH, VACL, PVLAN, Firewall, VPN Tunneling, Cisco ACS, Pix, IPSEC, DMZ, VoIP, Hosted VoIP, Catalyst, CUCM, QoS, PoE, PoE+, CME, CUE, Port Security, MAC Address Filtering, SIP, MGCP, RTP, SCCP, SRTP, UCCM, UCCX, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Meraki dashboard, Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Stonegate, Fortigate, Edge Security Suite, Barracuda, Lightspeed, ConnectWise, Checkpoint
Monitoring Tools: Finisar, Wireshark, Remedy, Openview, Cacti, Solarwinds, F5, Cisco Works, NetBrain, Kaseya.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Oracle Database, Perl, HTML, Java, Visual Basic, Shell Scripting, SQL.
Enterprise Applications: Windows XP/2000/2003/Vista/7/8.1, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 , Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2008/2013 , Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10 , Open Directory, VMware, HyperV
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Sr. Network Engineer / Sr. Systems Engineer
- Design, configure, install network infrastructure upgrades and/or replacements such as layer 2 / layer 3 switches, routers, Wireless devices, IP phones, as well as other networking equipment for our numerous clients throughout NJ as well as our own data center (NOC).
- Remote and on-site troubleshooting of network issues for both our Network Operations Center (NOC) as well as for numerous clients throughout NJ.
- One of the lead members of a team of professionals responsible for day-to-day administration and support for both our NOC as well as supporting numerous clients' LAN/WAN networks throughout NJ.
- General technical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing and monitoring network infrastructure, providing Tier 3 support to mission-critical / "network down" scenarios, making changes as needed to network configurations to improve network performance and/or resolve network connectivity issues, documenting existing network equipment and configurations and making recommendations on upgrades, performing adds / moves / changes for hosted Exchange environments / Windows-based Domains / Mac OS X Domains, as well as maintenance, troubleshooting, support of new installations and/or upgrades, resolving software conflicts and network connectivity issues.
Lead Engineer (PM)
- Technical lead to a team of professionals responsible for day-to-day administration and support of mission critical technologies located within a regional wide area network (WAN).
- General technical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing network infrastructure as well as data storage applications, maintenance, troubleshooting, support of new installations and/or upgrades, as well as resolving software conflicts and network connectivity issues, and maintaining company website with adds / moves / changes in order to keep it up to date with current products / inventory.
- Secondary technical responsibilities include the administration, support, and troubleshooting of remote VPN connections, networking connections, disaster recovery, and data storage/backup.
- Technologies specifically handled include local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), TCP/IP, VPN, PPTP, CHAP, MS-CHAP v2, WPA, WPA2, IP subnetting and more.
- Professional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, change management, planning, technical and production skills, principles of technology, documentation, etc.; following corporate policies and procedures, project management, vendor & client relations, client support, asset inventory, and the of technical professionals on hardware/software use.
- Special s and projects include, but are not limited to, researching and evaluating software on the market to improve efficiency of the staff and ultimately in charge of implementing various software programs onto the company server and technical professionals to use them on a daily basis. Worked closely with a computer programmer to design custom software program for logging daily production, inventories, calculating job costs and generating reports, as well as other various tasks and was in charge of implementing that program onto the company server once completed as well as technical professionals to use it for daily tasks. Worked closely with web designer to design company website and developed marketing for the company by designing and creating photo albums, brochures, and magazine ads through various graphic design platforms.