BMC Remedy; HEAT; Microsoft Windows; Active Directory, Microsoft Office 2013 - 2016; Office 365; Remote Desktop; PC desktop & laptop hardware; OS X 10.11.4; iOS 10 Apple MacBook Pro/Air, iMacs, iPads & iPhones; Citrix GotoAssist; Dameware; IBM BigFix Client; Network installation of routers and printers; deployment of automation equipment; Blackberry BES server administration, SCCM, HP Element, HP Service Manager
Confidential, Goose Creek, SC
Field Services Technician
- Leveraged Active Directory to verify account information for customers; assist in unlocking of accounts.
- Utilized SCCM 2007 to initiate Operating System Deployment to image and reimage workstations & laptops.
- Leveraged HP Service Manager to track customer tickets and meet service level agreement quotas.
- Configured Network Printers utilizing strict STIG restrictions to foster a secured environment of operation.
- Ordered and maintain spare parts through vendor partners to repair or update configuration items.
- Designed, planned, managed and executed projects involving automation equipment being configured for customers.
- Travelled between jobsites to assist customers with desk-side service.
- Coordinated appointments for customers and kept tight schedules to maintain time/job prioritization.
Confidential, Eastover, SC
- Installed, configured, serviced, repaired, and maintained information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment.
- Created incident, work orders and resolved tickets in the BMC Remedy ticketing system to track work accomplished or pending to better serve end users in an organized fashion.
- Optimized and troubleshot software incompatibilities through utilizing tools such as Remote Desktop, and Remote Assistance.
- Integrated multiple information systems in a networked environment, evaluated and resolved customer information system problems, required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability.
- Cataloged and quality controlled the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software to ensure efficient operation on the network.
- Pushed software using IBM BigFix to Local and Base Area Network workstations.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Workstation Support Tech
- Installed and configured the Citrix Receiver for remote workstations and laptops utilizing Go to Assist.
- Interacted with end users from the Confidential of TriCare, Commercial, and Medicare.
- Troubleshot incompatibilities with software on end users Windows PC’s with sustained first resolution success rates of 95%.
- Maintained a daily Microsoft Outlook calendar of end users contacted, scheduled and updated to maintain organizational flow of work, track daily metrics, and improve process efficiency in daily reports.
- Trained, mentored and acted as a Junior Team lead to four technicians by helping them develop their customer service and technical skills for their roles.
- Maintained daily metrics of successful installations in detail within a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet utilized as a database.
- Provided excellent customer service communication through telephone and email contact of 2,000+ end users.
- Created Standard Operating Procedures of which there were none in place prior to my start.
- Evaluated end users PC by running Command prompt commands to confidently suggest if their equipment should be reimaged or hardware refreshed.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
- Educated potential customers about benefits of technology and designed innovative solutions for their needs.
- Provided a professional environment in order to build rapport with customers.
- Utilized active listening to understand the needs of customers before recommending technology solutions.
- Demoed and presented products accurately in order to sell profitably for the company.
Windows/UNIX System Administrator
- Ensuring a secure operating environment by monitoring user access and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Providing technical assistance of all assigned projects, support in providing desktop/server and software application integration support.
- Supporting system configuration management.
- Supporting to provide software and firmware maintenance. Performing account management and work with the ISM.
- Supporting in detecting of problems associated with hardware, operating systems and application software.
- Supporting monitoring and using analysis tools in Solaris to govern the system.
- Responsible for performing systems checks utilizing VSphere to document errors and apply patches where necessary.
- Executing methodical system reboots on 12 Dell blade servers that compliment missions overseas.
- Administering password resets for end users for the training system.
Confidential, Andrews AFB, MD
Senior Helpdesk Technician
- Trained in NIPR and SIPR networking environments (Unsecure and Secure).
- Installed, assisted and troubleshot a wide gamut of diverse incidents associated with desktop and laptop computers of various types, printers, Optical Networking switches for the LAN, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, and accessories..
- Performed System Administrator functions in creating, and modifying accounts, and ran software patches.
- Developed trusted relationships with customers by providing accurate, efficient and communicative support.
- Created, updated and closed tickets in BMC Remedy to keep track of incidents on a daily basis.
- Utilized Active Directory in granting access and restricting access to network resources for end users.
- Assisted supporting Voice over IP telecommunications team with AVAYA phone systems.
- Answered all helpdesk calls with first call resolution effort in a timely manner and gave onsite support when needed.
- Prioritized and managed time on multiple projects simultaneously within strict timelines without supervisor oversight.
- Provided face-to-face front window support to customers needing immediate and acute attention.
- Exercised exceptional verbal and written communication skills for customer interaction and ticket documentation.
- Acted as business liaison for hardware replacement in speaking directly with equipment vendors such as HP, Dell and Lexmark.
- Made end-to-end contact with vendors in getting warranty replacement for equipment and scheduled external vendor technicians to repair equipment that is attached to contractual agreements between the ANGRC and those vendors.
- Troubleshot to resolution with documented resolution and performed data recovery using approved systematic methods.
- Provided end-user support to external customers for Outlook email, hosted applications, desktop, system and network problems within defined SLA’s (Service-Level Agreements).
- Improved Standard Operating Procedures and systematic analysis concepts by analyzing, adding or removing unnecessary language to optimizing efficiency of time-to-completion for team related tasks.
- Diagnosed incidents and independently researched approved fixes for computer hardware and system software.
- Developed a system to track equipment.
- Utilized Active Directory to maintain active user profiles and disable inactive profiles of users that have left or retired.
- Elevate Technology Solutions - USAID Washington, DC
- Help Desk Specialist 12/11 - 06/12
- Maintained a positive and enthusiastic attitude in an environment that requires teamwork, efficiency, cross-training and continuous improvement to meet Government SLA’s and metrics.
- Provided telephone support to more than 2600 users in CONUS, as well as internationally.
- Identified customer needs and resolved issues while adhering to policies and procedures.
- Provided Tier 1 problem resolution on the telephone with customers and walked them through a series of steps to classify the resolve level and nature of the problem.
- Communicated with customers clearly and concisely to ensure their understanding of the steps necessary to be performed in order to resolve their problem by means of telephone, email & remote application into their system.
- Elevated calls to the Supervisor/Technical Support staff as defined in internal Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responded to daily email correspondence, as assigned, to provide an accurate and informative resolution through BMC Remedy, the trouble ticket system.
- Leveraged BMC Remedy to create help desk tickets such as: Change Request, Tasks and Searches.
- Utilized Active Directory to reset passwords checked Domains for users, groups and automation equipment.
- Configured Microsoft Exchange access for customers to obtain email from the appropriate servers.
- Performed break/fix administration using the IMAC (install, move, add or change) protocols.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Systems Customer Support
- Provided Tier 1 phone support for customers to troubleshoot computer issues with Medical Systems.
- Serviced immediate customer needs by utilizing Dame Ware to remote to a customer’s system for further troubleshooting.
- Installed printers to work alongside medical systems that used Confidential which TriCare uses to maintain health records.
- Made sure information in Confidential & Confidential reconciled accurately with Confidential, which is the database that derives corrected medical and demographic information.
Confidential, McCord, WA
I.T Specialist/ Computer Operator
- Maintained a professional disposition in interacting with Army soldiers actively deploying/returning from combat.
- Managed the creation of DoD (SAARS) for users to obtain access to DoD networks and maintained profile rights.
- Installed and configured software and hardware to support users to serve our soldiers and troubleshooting that software or hardware when errors occur.
- Imaged and configured new PC's/laptops for users and transferred profiles across the network in deploying systems.
- Set up and configured new printers and helped troubleshoot printers that may not be functioning correctly.
Confidential, Tacoma, WA
PC Maintenance Tech
- Educated customers and provided on-site customer support training to ensure they had an optimized learning experience in using their workstations, email, printers, scanners, tablets, laptops, and any client software associated with them.
- Performed desk-side support to customers after life-cycling their old equipment with new hardware by educating them how to use software such as: Confidential ; Approvit 6.5; ASUTYPE; Confidential & Confidential which are used for TriCare medical records; Dragon Naturally Speaking; Essentris; Juniper VPN; ORMA; Microsoft Office 2010 Plus suite; Windows XP Professional (SP3)
- Supported Confidential customers by analyzing, troubleshooting, configuring, testing, resolving known and unknown automation equipment problems as well as application problems through the work-order system using software named REMEDY and HEAT.
- Deployed and configured automation hardware essential for Doctors and civilian employees to use in everyday tasks.
- Inspected setup process of each automation device for IAVA compliance before deployment.
- Trained new employees with one on one guidance by walking them through MEDCOM standards for automation equipment, following policy for government equipment, showing walk-through of how to input work-orders into HEAT & REMEDY and how to interact with customers as to give them accurate information about resolving their needs.
Confidential, Tacoma, WA
Customer Assistant/Computer Sales
- Trained new employees in the Personal Computing and Home Office department ( Confidential ) by having them shadow sales presentations, document customer - sales associate interactions,
- How to do a down stocking report, and engage with customers in a way that keeps them coming back to our store because they were served well.
- Sold profitably by asking lifestyle questions to find out a customer needs; then being able to recommend a complete solution to their needs.
- Educated customers about the products they were interested in by the use of interactive demos, and listening to customers’ needs.
- Offered Geek Squad Black Tie service plans in sales presentations to illustrate the value it is to customers and the added benefit to extend the life of their products through Best Buys Geek Squad services.