A management - level position within media services or related fields that offers a high level of challenge, responsibility, and the opportunity for continued career growth.
- Has more than fifteen years of top, diversified experience
- Strong background in many areas including project management, management, operations, staff training and development, policy and procedural development, quality assurance, and client relations.
- Hard working and driven, while highly experienced in all aspects of industry work, and thoroughly familiar with industry practices, standards, and protocols.
- Proven in managing efficient, productive, and cost-effective operations and projects, and in seeing all operations to their maximum potential in an ever-changing industry environment.
- Experienced in project management of large, diverse technical projects, and ensuring optimal performance and team efficiency across all involved groups.
- Has launched units from their inception, while developing operational infrastructures that exceed all organizational expectations.
- Firmly committed to providing the highest levels of services and support, while working with key domestic and international clients.
Confidential, Culver City, CA
VOD Engineer/4K Specialist
- Create and update all 4K SOP’s as specs and requirements changed
- Assist various teams (internal & external) with getting specs locked down before launch
- Work with various post houses and studios to ensure 4K video was delivered to spec
- Communicate regularly with management so they know what stage all projects are in
Confidential, Burbank, California
Director, Data Services
- Originally brought in to consult on current status of video operations and technical infrastructure.
- Provided input to Owner on where improvements/upgrades could be made.
- With that input, over $400,000 of upgrades were purchased.
- Helped install and integrate new hardware/software, created workflows for current clientele, assisted I.T. with adding new storage and creating a unified folder structure throughout entire company.
- Other responsibilities include managing day-to-day operations of all digital platform media, which includes Transcoding, Subtitling, Onboarding, and Engineering groups.
- Staff training and development, assigning work duties, general troubleshooting, project management, quality assurance, and handling a wide variety of special request from various clients around the world.
Confidential, Thousand Oaks, California
On-Site Operations Manager
- Oversee On-Site Media Services Team - Responsible for all Events/Webcast/Media related functions
- Ensure that all client change management processes are followed.
- Create employee development plans, provide coaching, salary discussions, hiring procedures and employee concerns.
- Provide technical expertise and support to the team in regard to complex client and company issues.
- Overall leadership responsibility for the Confidential operations support the team is efficient and effective.
- Works cross-functionally to solve Department problems and implement process changes.
- Oversees domestic backfills for local positions and coordinates international backfills with team lead onsite in country.
- Communicate with end users to assist with diagnosing and repairing complex audio and video issues remotely.
- Update and processes and procedure changes to better assist customers and resolve issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Document, implement, and manage all Client On-site Operational SOP’s.
Confidential, Los Angeles, California
- Directly responsible for managing day to day operations, staff training and development, assigning work duties, project troubleshooting, project management, quality assurance, and handling a wide variety of special projects.
- Manages all digital platform media, which includes Transcoding, Subtitling, Audio, and Rejection groups.
- Oversees an operation that delivers more than a petabyte of digital media per month, with a facility housing approximately 100 employees, including 30 programmers.
- Provides expert approval and review for various production workflows.
- Has managed operations that have consistently exceeded all company expectations.
- Built Subtitle department from its inception; hired staff, researched and acquired necessary software and tools, trained on various workflows, and implemented SMPTE standards, ensuring universal compliance.
- Participates in specialized high level management meetings; a select group of individuals which meets on a monthly basis from various teams within Confidential, to focus on developing creative proprietary tool-sets, improving workflows, and creating innovative ways to increase automation within department infrastructures to reduce labor efforts and overhead.
- Played an integral role in creating divisions best and most useful proprietary tool to date, and division now has the ability to transcode files in the thousands per month, without operator having to perform manual work.
- Personally worked with Development team to create several in-house tools - Client ordering portals, project management tools, asset tracker, SOP portals.
- Worked with Project Management and Onboarding teams to communicate and maintain detailed and high-level project and test plans until work was ready to be put in production.
- Originally hired as Production Engineer, and was quickly promoted to current position.
Confidential, Burbank, California
Digital Media Specialist
- Responsible for managing daily client requests, ensuring metadata of assets passed technical and content standards before being stored in digital library, managing subtitle prequalification team (as well as validation of incoming subtitle files for digital playback), researching and testing subtitle software programs, defining and documenting new software workflows, delegating staff responsibilities, acting as technical liaison with subtitle software vendors, and ensuring that all systems ran smoothly with current software and updates. Worked with Onboarding and Project Management teams to assure successful project delivery within agreed upon schedule, quality, budget, and resources.
- Created a wide range of digital content for clients, working with various digital sources.
- Efforts helped to sustain unified folder architecture for many in-house servers containing digital content.
- Personally established subtitle department for the Digital Services Division; researched and acquired software and tools, hired support staff, and implemented SMPTE standards.
- Management efforts doubled division productivity, and accomplished this by reducing and streamlining labor resources; eliminated redundancies, as well as developing innovative problem-solving solutions.
Technical Operations Supervisor
Confidential, Los Angeles
- Responsible for technical operations coordination, new hire training programs and team development, workflow coordination, project management of new clients and content, overseeing the digitization and ingestion of content, coordinating transfers between international departments, tracking assets, maintaining post-production hardware systems, quality assurance, acting as technical liaison with subtitle software vendors, creating new client formats, and instituting high-profile protocols for issue resolution.
- Also mirrored network drives, enabling both Los Angeles and London offices to conform to one unified server architecture.
- Worked extensively with London office to resolve technical issues, and established winning solutions in resolving issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Originally hired to work with a Certified Mensa Engineer, and assisted with various improvements with company; assumed greater responsibilities when mentor was forced to resign due to health issues.
- Attended Confidential conferences, meeting with vendors and researching possible process improvements.