- IT professional with around 7+ years of experience working as a LINUX/UNIX Systems Administrator and DevOps Engineer with expertise in Red - hat Linux 4.x, 5.x and 6.x, Suse, Ubuntu, Cent OS Solaris 8.x, 9.x and 10.x. HP-UX11.x, AIX 5.x and 6.x, Windows, Tomcat, JAVA, J2EE Applications, DevOps Tools (Puppet, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, SVN, GIT) and SQL.
- Well experienced in administering VMware Infrastructure Client 3.5 and VSphere 4.0 and 5.0.
- Proficient on Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, Support of Sun Solaris & Linux.
- Extensively worked on DevOps environment with experience working on Configuration Management, CI/CD, Containerization, Cloud and Automation.
- Worked in various DevOps tools like Jenkins, Puppet, SVN, GIT, Ansible.
- Worked on package and configuration management using Puppet and Chef.
- Involved in installation of Puppet client on Red hat & Solaris servers for Automation purpose
- Extensively worked with system and network monitoring tool Nagios.
- Created Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center, creating VM Templates, and troubleshooting all Virtualization related issues.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell, Python and Ruby scripts for build and release tasks.
- Performed Installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7 using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Worked on AWS cloud and various services on AWS like RDS, Cloud Watch, EC2.
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, AIX, Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, Ubuntu 12.x, 13.x.
- Experienced in managing servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, chef configuration management.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet in Linux environment.
- Experience in automation using Puppet and involved in developing Manifest and Modules for System and Application Configuration Management
- Strong PowerShell / WMI Scripting knowledge.
- Managed Git repository, code merging, and production deployments
- Experience in version control using SVN, GIT and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Experience in Managing GIT & SVN, which includes creating new users, Branching, Merging the changes and writing some pre-commit & post-commit hook scripts.
- Worked with Database administrators to tune kernel for Oracle installations.
- Experience in installation and management of network related services like DNS, Apache, LDAP, SAMBA, HTTPD, VSFTP and SMTP.
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Apache 2.2.xweb server on Red hat Linux and Sun Java System Web Server 6.x, 7.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS)& configuration management using Ansible.
- Strong hands on experience with AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Contributed towards the configuration of NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, sendmail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Handled Sun Solaris 10(Creation of Zones, Service Management Facilities, Virtualization, and Container).
- Team player with good management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: RHEL 5/6/7, OEL5.5and6 Microsoft Windows 2000/NT/XP/Vista, Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows 98 … NT 4.0. Cre1/2, Suse 9/10, CentOS 5, Sun Solaris 8/9/10, Hp-UX 5, IBM/AIX 5.3
Server hardware: IBM p-Series P690, P570, RS6000, Sun Fire … HP Proliant … G2, rx8640, rp7420, rp8420, N-Class, L-Class, D-Class, K-Class, T-Series M-Series, IBM/HP/DELL Blade Server r710.
Web Servers: Apache/TOMCAT Web Server Administration
Security: TCP/IP Wrapper
Storage Hardware: Symmetrix DMX / DMX-2 / DMX-3 &EMC Clarion FC and CX Series, FC JBOD, Brocade FC Switches, SAN /NASNet App Filers, Logic and Emulex FC HBAs, Brocade silk worm 3200, iSCSI/ FC Storage arrays, RAID Storage arrays, DLT and LTO Tape Libraries, Hitachi enterprise systems.
Routing Protocols: RIP, IGRP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, and EIGRP.
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, SSH.
Storage Devices: SAN &NAS, Symantic.
Backup Tools: Tivoli Storage Management (TSM), Avamar.
Databases: Oracle DB2, SQL Server.
Monitoring Tools: Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk, and ELK.
Devops: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, GIT, AWS
Scripting language: Ksh, Perl, Bourne shell.
Networking Services: NIS, NFS, AutoFS, DNS, SSH and Send mail.
Confidential, Waukesha, WI
- Performed Installation, Configuration and maintenance of RHEL (5, 6, 7), Solaris (10, 11), Ubuntu (4.10, 5.04, 15.10), CentOS servers.
- Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows operating systems on VMware ESXi 6.5.
- Apply OS patches on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities and add/configure new services as necessary.
- Ran the configuration scripts on newly installed servers and debugging to make it available to the production environments.
- Managed data stores and VMcenters with VMware Installation and ESX hosts configuration.
- Install, upgrade, remove, and query software packages using YUM and Red hat package manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Created users, manage permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS servers.
- Worked on AWS cloud environment; created instances and migrated various applications to AWS.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Support and enhance SDLC cycle by using Docker containers delivered with OpenShift for web application deployment.
- Performed daily maintenance routines on Linux servers, monitoring system access, managing file space and tuning the system for optimum performance by removing Bottlenecks.
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Created a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins.
- Implementing and maintaining a Continuous Delivery framework using RTC, Build tools, Jenkins, and custom scripts.
- Worked on Installation of KDUMP on the production servers and analyzed the KDUMP VMCORE image to know the reasons for the crash.
- Performed test cases on the scripts that burns the USB and DVD/CD disk.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Manage, configure, and Install Sudo to provide root privileges to the users; also familiar with powerbroker environment, for providing role-based privileges.
- Troubleshoot Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as Iptables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
- Worked on Monitoring, troubleshoot and various process issues of the servers in the development, test, and production environment using Nagios.
- Worked on racking of HP, DELL and ORACLE servers in datacenter and performed installation for Cisco switch 4506.
- Installing RedHat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Scanning newly assigned LUNs to serves and assigning them to the volume group and increasing file system using the Red Hat volume manager.
- Involved in upgrading rpms, kernel, HBA driver, configuring SAN Disks, multipathing and LVM file system in RHEL.
- Monitoring the performance of the servers and accessing console, alarms etc. through vSphere client.
- Experience of using Python and shell scripting for applications, backups and scheduling.
- Worked on Red Hat Satellite server to deploy, monitor and manage systems upgrades and updates.
Environment: RHEL 7/6, AIX, Solaris, Ubuntu CentOS, Jenkins, Python, Ruby, Chef, JIRA, Maven, Ubuntu, VMware ESXi JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic, Agile, IP tables, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Spock, Ruby, Chef, Net Backup, Nagios, Bash, Python, HP ProLiant DL-380, DL-580 G6/G7
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Linux System Administrator
- Troubleshoot build, install, configuration, performance, monitoring and other process issues of the servers and the selected application environments for RHEL 7/6/5, Solaris 9/10 and HP-UX 11/10.
- Worked with DevOps team, worked on Configuration management (Puppet), continuous integration (Jenkins), Container (Docker), Version Control (GIT), Cloud (AWS).
- Involved in providing everyday support to multiple Red hat Enterprise Linux servers on virtual, AWS and physical platforms.
- Managed few instances in AWS cloud and helped in migration from datacenter to AWS.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Created AWS EC2 instances and setup the S3, EBS storage and Cloud watch.
- Worked on S3 buckets creation in AWS, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Installed and configured Puppet as a configuration management tool to automate various builds and automating the infrastructure.
- Worked on Puppet Master and Client installation and configuration, in developing puppet modules (blue prints) for installation, configuration and continuous integration (CI) using combination of puppet master, Git, R10K wrapper, Open stack (Horizon), Vagrant and Jenkins/Udeploy.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Involved in working with Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, AIX, Red-hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, Ubuntu 12.x, 13.x.
- Assisted team in implementing Continuous integration systems for Java based projects using Ant, Maven, Jenkins and Hudson.
- Worked with version control using SVN, GIT and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Involved in integrating Nagios with other monitoring/alert solutions like Splunk and customizing Nagios with infrastructure and application needs.
- Use to check daily maintenance routines on Linux servers, monitoring system access, managing file space and tuning the system for optimum performance.
- Provide statistics of systems usage, systems outages, end user requests, etc. at meetings, planning sessions, and other interactions as needed by the application teams.
- Knowledge managing Linux production servers using VMware vSphere client.
- Monitoring the performance of the servers, accessing console, Alarms etc. through vSphere client.
- Experience in using Python, shell scripting for Applications, Backups and scheduling.
- Co-ordinate various application teams like Oracle and data warehouse teams.
- Setup monitoring through Nagios to ensure 99.9% uptime of the servers and alerting mechanism.
Environment: Linux RHEL 7/6/5, AIX 6.x/5.x, DELL R710, R720, R910, HP ProLiant DL-380, DL-580 G6/G7, DL-680 G7/G8, VM-WARE ESX 5.x, Puppet, Jenkins, SVN, GIT, GITHUB, Nagios, Ant, Maven, VMWARE VCenter, Veritas Cluster Server, AWS, LDAP, NTP, NFS, Shell Scripting, Python, Networking
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Installation, evaluation, implementation, automation, integration, analysis, maintenance, and problem resolution for enterprise system software, enterprise server hardware, and storage.
- Installed and maintained Puppet-based configuration management system, implemented Puppet modules to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Worked on Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Worked with Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT .
- Build, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Creating Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances and monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Worked on taking regular backups for amazon cloud instances and setting up of environments for the application launching.
- Extensively worked on AWS cloud to create both Windows and Linux instances and used various AWS services like Block Storage, S3, Route 53, RDS, Cloud Formation, Amazon Elastic Cache and Elastic Load Balancing.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices.
- Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache.
- Installation, update, maintenance and deployment of application, servers, service and software using Puppet automation tool.
- Performed automated user management, installation and configuration of various services and backup-using Puppet.
- Administrated server consolidation program through use of VMware ESX server and VMware Virtual Center
- Installed Web Logic 8.1 with SP5 Server and configured Domains, Admin and managed servers for Applications to be deployed.
- Installed and Configured Web and investigate the configuration changes in the production environment.
- Responsible for multicasting of various components as a system administrator.
- Worked closely with database administration staff to ensure optimal performance of databases, and maintain development applications and databases
- Configuring SUDO and granting root permission to users for performing certain activities.
- Experience in Bash and Perl, Python and Ruby scripts for backup and automation.
- Monitored the performance of the system using top, sar, ps, prstat, vmstat, netstat, iostat, and cpuinfo to check the CPU utilization, bottlenecks of I/O devices, memory usage and network traffic.
- Regular backing up of critical data and restoring backed up data. Worked in solving tickets issued on day to day activities and problems related to development and test servers.
Environment: Solaris 9/10, RHEL 5.x,6.x, OEL 5/6 SUES 4.1, Sun T2000, M4K, T5140, T5240, HP-ProLiant, IBM Blade, Puppet, AWS, GIT, Jenkins, VERITAS Volume Manager, VCS, SVM, VMware ESX.
Unix/ Linux Administrator
- Installation and configuring of SUN Solaris and Linux servers.
- Involved in Building and configuring Solaris 8/9/10 using Jump start server and Red Hat Linux Servers using Kick Start server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for Enterprise Production, QA, and UAT/Staging.
- Incident management for Unix Servers (Solaris, Linux).
- Configured, tested and troubleshoot newly built Linux servers with nic card configurations, TCP/IP and applications that ran off TCP/IP stack.
- Worked on Installation and configuration of Puppet and Jenkins while assisting DevOps team.
- Worked on version control tool SVN.
- Worked on AWS, created instances and worked on various components in AWS.
- Creating a local YUM repository for installing and updating packages.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Apache, JBOSS, Web sphere, MQSeries, Oracle&IBM Databases on the RHEL and OEL Linux Systems manually and also through Puppet.
- Evaluated varied system logs and enforced good practices for web and application server environments.
- Configured servers and infrastructure running Red hat on JBOSS, using PUPPET to configure, install, manage and bring up JBOSS and applications.
- Developed Web application using Java, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, Java Beans, EJB, JNDI, JDBC, Struts, HTML, CSS, and XML.
- Experience in applying patches and plug-ins for JBOSS application server.
- Installed and configured JBOSS Application servers on DEV, QA and PROD Systems.
- Migrated Applications from UNIX (Solaris, AIX and HPUX) to Linux (Redhat) systems.
- Tuned OS parameters like SWAP and virtual memory settings to improve the JBOSS performance.
Environment: Solaris 8/9/10, Red Hat Linux 4/5, BMC Tools, NAGIOS, Veritas NetBackup, Korn Shell, Bash Scripting, Veritas Volume Manager, web servers, LDAP directory, Active Directory, BEA Web logic servers, SANSwitches, Apache, Tomcat WebSphere, Weblogic application server.
Jr. Linux Admin
- Documented Day to Day administration tasks include - adding and removing users, file, share permissions, trust management, replication management, server backups and server setups on AIX, LINUX (RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu). Server health monitoring and system tuning as per vendor recommendations.
- Responsible for creating Disk Partitions, Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and RAID Technologies on different File Systems like Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, XFS on various Linux Distributions and involved in creating Veritas volume manager on Solaris.
- Monitored system logs and activity on servers. Administered, verified, and restore from backups. Replaced defective hardware on clients and servers as necessary.
- Planning, Designing, Installing, Configuring web servers, application servers, and database servers on Linux Servers. Installed, configured and set security policies on Cisco and checkpoint firewalls, VPN.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using crontab.
- Processes administration and management like monitoring, start/stop/kill various processes/sub processes.
- Design and implement a DNS/DHCP solution to replace current aging system. Solution required 99.9% uptime via Linux clustering. Transferring files between host and client using FTP.
- Expanded file system using Logical Volume Manager.
- Performed Disk Mirrors and RAID 0, 1 and 5 levels on several Linux servers.
- Installation of patches, packages on Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Diagnose and correct problems with network services and any other hardware issues in Linux servers.
- Provide desktop and Level-1 support for all office workstations.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x,6.x, NAGIOS,, LDAP directory, Active Directory VERITAS NetBackup, Korn Shell, Scripting, Veritas Volume Manager, webservers, Apache, Tomcat WebSphere, Weblogic application server