- 3+ years of experience in implementing, delivering, integrating and maintaining software and infrastructure. Experience majorly focusing on Configuration, Build Engineering, Release Engineering, Cloud Infrastructure and Automation in Telecom and E - Commerce industries with a strong affinity towards DevOps principles and Agile methodologies as well as keen interest in learning new tools.
- 3 years of experience is comprised of Build and Release Engineer, Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, working for higher efficiency and productivity.
- Integrating and Automation of Version Control Systems for source code management. Worked extensively on Git, SVN. Maintaining branching model and security.
- Installing and configuring Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery application JENKINS. Proficient in defining build pipelines in addition to creating and maintaining multiple jobs.
- Automating build process, extensive knowledge on build tools like ANT & MAVEN to package into .war and .jar artifacts. Handling Nexus and Artifact repository management Integrated the build tools with JENKINS, to automate builds and deployable artifacts.
- Artful in manipulating POM.XML and BUILD.XML for maximum utilization of build tools.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Proficient in using AWS. Extensive experience focusing on services like EC2, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, IAM, S3, Amazon RDS, ElastiCache, SNS, SQS, Amazon Glacier.
- Experience in migrating On-Premise network to Amazon Cloud Services and Private Clouds, using CloudFormation templates, AMI's and other AWS resources. Experience in building highly available and highly fault tolerant redundant production and disaster recovery systems using best practices.
- Adapt experience in monitoring remote systems using NRPE utility in Nagios.
- Competent professional knowledge in networking and virtualization.
- Skillful in setting up and maintaining application servers and web servers. Experience in working across DEV, QA, UAT, PROD systems in addition to managing requests and tickets for IT process management through JIRA ticketing tool.
Azure Devops Engineer
- Managing Windows 2012 servers, troubleshooting IP issues and working with different support teams.
- Utilized ARM template building SQL Server with High-Availability for an application backend Infrastructure and Virtual Machine Scale sets for front end along with Multiple Servers Such as reporting, Scripting and Scheduling Servers
- Script, debug and automate PowerShell scripts to reduce manual administration tasks and cloud deployments
- Create performance measurements to monitor resources across azure using Azure native monitoring tools utilizing ARM template.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Worked on creating Azure Blob for storing unstructured data in the cloud as blobs
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Identifying opportunities to improve infrastructure that effectively and efficiently utilizes the Confidential Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Confidential SQL Server, Confidential Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Working on Visual Studio Team Confidential to manage a backlog for the daily activities.
- Managing day to day activity of the cloud environment, supporting development teams with their requirements.
Environment: Azure (IAAS, PAAS), Windows server 2012/R2/2013, SQL server, VSTS, Windows PowerShell, Azure Storage.
DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Managed labeling, branching strategies in Git/GitHub with best practices in addition to resolving conflicts with regards to merging and editing files in the repository.
- Migrated existing repositories in SVN to Git/GitHub using git-svn utility tool. Installed Git, GitHub plug-ins in Jenkins, thus automating the CI process. Automated the build process through webhooks and SCM polling for various intermediate builds with Maven.
- Configured various Jenkins jobs from building jobs in Maven to smoke testing. The Configured jobs also had notifications enabled for success and failure of jobs, which would inform concerned people.
- Wrote shell, python and couple of ruby scripts to automate many routine and regular timed tasks.
- Worked in team with developers to reduce friction in code flow from the developers starting point to production system deployment by improvising and maintaining CI-CD processes.
- Managed highly available and fault tolerant systems in AWS, through various API's, console operations and CLI.
- Worked closely with development team in order to make the systems more resilient, scalable, and easily manageable.
- Integrated and used EC2 instances, S3, VPC, Route 53, SQS, SNS, IAM, CloudWatch alarms, Amazon Glacier and ELB.
- Enabled cloudwatch alarms using custom scripts to monitor host and OS level metrics and sending out the metrics to CloudWatch dashboard.
- Created an IAM role for the instance to have the permission to send out the metrics to CloudWatch dashboard.
- Wrote scripts to perform timely backups (creating snapshots) of all the volumes used in EC2 instances.
- Created Cron jobs to run the scripts in timely manner not affecting the production systems.
- Created the first CloudFormation template to explore the functionality & usability for future deployments on cloud
- Configured Nagios to monitor systems. Installed plug-ins and projects to extend core functionality.
- Configured Nagios to send out notifications on events requiring immediate attention on hosts, devices and services
- Manupulated Maven builds pom.xml file to include all the requirements from developers and operational teams, in addition to enhance utility of the code using least resources.
- Wrote pom.xml files for automated build using eclipse as a platform. Worked with JIRA ticketing tool to process the requests and document and tabulate the process.
- Documented most of the work on automation scripting and best practices used in implementing DevOps processes for future references and to increase visibility and transparency; apart from having the document to help anyone understand the infrastructure.
Starting Environment: Amazon Web Service for the company's development, testing, production and system admin teams; consisting of thousands of virtual machines in multiple Availability Zones and Regions.AWS cloud runs on Linux.
Additional Technologies include Apache, Tomcat, NodeJS, MongoDB, Oracle, Redis, Git/GitHub, Ansible, Nagios, MavenJIRA, Java/J2EE.
Build & Release Engineer (Cloud)
- Worked on DevOps team style team-based environment providing end-to-end solution.
- Developed and maintained Shell/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks. Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Worked on improving productivity in delivery orchestration, proactive monitoring and self-healing automation and validation of operations.
- Designed and developed re-usable components and strategies in cloud infrastructure to support scalability, high-availability and resiliency, monitoring, back-up and restore.
- Worked on Git/GitHub with best practiced strategies. Prepared a documentation explaining the advantages of a hybrid branching strategy upon the existing branching for release strategy.
- Presented the same with test results to show the usability and advantages. Proactively worked on this documentation out of self-interest to help better the existing process and to learn new concepts and strategies.
- Used Jenkins to automate the whole pipeline, with email notifications enabled for each success and failure of build or the process.
- Wrote automation scripts in shell and python to enhance the CI-CD pipeline. Identified and resolved bottlenecks in testing, building and development processes.
- Configured and worked upon monitoring and logging tool Splunk. Used the data to trouble shoot many issues and identify the problem bottlenecks as per the data generated.
- Gained experience to work with build tool Ant. Crafted Build.xml files to include all of the developer’s requirements and artifacts in best practiced ways to increase the success rate of builds.
- Manipulated build.xml files to make it more efficient by dynamically assigning certain parameters in a way to re-use many of the existing build.xml files. This in turn reduced the time spent on creating new build.xml for successful builds.
- Used SonarQube for static analysis and code quality check in order to have the quality code used for deployment.
- Implemented the whole infrastructure on Cloud using Amazon Web Services. Used EC2 instances to run the servers, leveraging EBS volumes, taking periodic snapshots by automating the back up process using a python script and cronjob. Leveraged S3 to store the backups and provisioned life cycle policies to move older files to Amazon Glacier. Also used SQS, SNS, VPC.
- Used IAM effectively to manage users and protecting systems from unwarranted actions initiated by users. identified, Prototyped and generated new methods of business problem resolution through continuous evaluation of new technologies, design patterns and development models.
Starting Environment: Amazon Web Service and a small scale private cloud for the company's development, testing, production and system admin teams; consisting of hundreds of virtual machines in multiple Availability Zones and Regions.AWS and private cloud runs on RHEL.