Linux Systems Administrator
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Install, monitor, and maintain Hardware as well as command line management of OS (Centos/RHEL) across multiple data centers.
- Work within data centers, including server provisioning and deployment, racking/cabling, hardware diagnostics/repair and parts replacements
- Maintain/Apply critical security patches and firmware updates
- AWS provisioning/support
- Investigate and fix performance/stability issues
- Provide 24/7 support and troubleshoot mission - critical enterprise systems
Linux Systems Administrator
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Build, configure and deploy Linux/Windows IT infrastructure for internal Engineering teams
- Support IT issues using online ticket system. (Jira)
- Maintain and support Engineering specific IT needs as new projects arise and/or change
- Responsible for ordering hardware/software of Engineering team as relates to Information Technology
- Support and maintain Engineering virtualization environment (VMWare)
- Maintain excellent documentation of IT related tasks and environment
- Cable, rack, install and maintain IT related equipment in datacenter
- Interface with corporate IT to leverage resources and serve as IT proxy for Engineering team needs
- Foster Engineering IT growth and development by identifying IT infrastructure improvements and following through with implementation
- Prioritize tasks will be identified and assigned by Engineering department specific managers
Engineering Linux/Unix Systems Administrator III
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Lead local compute farm support team in SJ as part of a global team.
- Support users IT issues via global ticket system.
- Senior member of a systems administration team that provides global server and network support for users and systems consisting of 400+ RedHat/CentOs Linux/Windows server and workstation systems.
- Monitor load balancing server farm (LSF) to increase efficiency of engineering simulations that are critical to product development.
- Rack and configure new servers to add to engineering compute farms.
- Provide specific support to Engineering teams across all departments including IC Engineering and Software.
- Create VM images of RH and CentOS for users of different OS’s using VirtualBox.
- Apply configuration changes to servers and workstations via Puppet management tool.
- Identify, troubleshoot and replace Linux server hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and solve system and software problems to enhance reliability and performance to increase productivity. Including Nagios monitoring tool.
- Identify and evaluate future information requirements of the department and implement as needed.
- Responsible for research and evaluation of new software products for both the Windows and Linux platforms including network monitoring and performance.
- Maintain documentation website that contains new product plans that are viewed worldwide by support personnel before the products are released into the market.
- Support Linux workstation backups (Commvault) when necessary.
- Perform as project lead in establishing and implementing standards and procedures.