- I have been working in IT industries from last 6 years having experience as a Linux Systems Administrator & Engineer on RHEL Distribution. I have worked with well - known organizations for the last two roles. My extensive knowledge and experience with Operating Systems Installation, packages and Patches, automation, maintaining user accounts, System Security maintenance, backup/recovery, performance tuning, troubleshooting at various levels etc. I have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to communicate at different levels based on the knowledge of the end user. I have ability to manage and maintain a fluid environment. If I get opportunity, I can provide support and be valuable asset of organization using my experience and skills.
Operating systems: RHEL 5, RHEL 6, RHEL 7 and AMIs in AWS
Clouds: AWS-Amazon Web Services (IAM, EC2, S3, EBS and other services) & Virtualization of environment (VMware, ESXI hosts, V-centers and datastores)
Deployment and provisioning: Servers, virtual machines, with Linux.
Virtual Machine management: Break/Fix, Provisioning & Decommission, Patching, Migrations
User management: Adding, modifying or deleting users and groups account on local systems using tools and manual procedures
Installation and Configuration: Apache Web server, PXE- servers, Yum repository, NIS, NFS, DNS servers and GITHUB.
Automation: Red hat Satellite, Ansible, BladeLogic
Scripting: Playbooks in ansible, Shell scripts using Bash.
LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR AND ENGINEER
Confidential, BENTONVILLE, AR
- Perform daily administration activities on Linux servers, form adding space, ticket requests from the clients.
- User management, configuring new and old accounts.
- Administration of VMware, vSphere, vCenter (versions 6.0 & 6.5)
- Deploying new VM machines using templates & PXE
- Maintain the health of VM machines using Nagios
- Migration of VM Machines (Hot and Cold Migration)
- Worked on Monitor patch releases and develop patch installation strategies.
- Administration of local and remote servers using the SSH utility
- Configuring and managing AWS infrastructures
- Deploying EC2 instance as per requirement
- Responsible for managing IAM, S3 and EBS services.
- Monitoring and maintaining the health of EC2 instances with CloudWatch service in AWS environment.
- Building new servers, configuration, mostly on RHEL 6 as per client request.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of PXE, NIS, NFS, DNS servers.
- Involved in writing various custom Ansible playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache web servers in a large Red Hat Linux/CentOS environment
- Participate in application coordination launching process
- Worked on deployment, support, and diagnose real issues for a production environment
- Monitoring via Nagios to ensure consistently aware of application, infrastructure, and network health status
- Manage and Adjust disk space on various Linux Red Hat servers utilizing Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Creating repositories, branches, pushing, pulling code on GITHUB
- Worked on Symantec net backup on operations such as monitoring for failed backup jobs, resolving backup issues based on status codes.
- Reviewing system and application logs for troubleshooting.
- Perform daily system monitoring.
- Design and document processes and procedures to automate common tasks.
LINUX ADMIN / APPLICATION SUPPORT
- Installed, Administered and Configured Red Hat Linux 6.x
- Responsible for application maintenance and uptime based on Java
- Performed System Analysis, logs file reviews, and resolves software issues related to networking connectivity, servers, and applications to meet business needs
- Creating and managing of user accounts, entitlements and process monitoring in Red Hat Linux
- Configuration of LVM (Logical Volume Manager) to manage volume group, logical and physical partitions
- Install, configure, maintain and support Apache Web Server.
- Experience supporting VMware infrastructure in a mid-level enterprise environment
- Setup ansible client/node and ensure that ansible clients could communicate with Ansible control node
- Experience and knowledge of ansible architecture and implementation
- Monitoring resource utilization, including CPU, memory, and disk utilization
- Monitoring and reporting operating efficiency, performance, and reliability of applications
- Troubleshoot application reliability and performance issues
- Troubleshooting remote server issues in time critical environment
- Red Hat Package Management (RPM) and YUM package installation and maintenance
- Participated in OS (Linux/Unix) patching
- Develops technical mastery over applications, architecture and provides leadership in troubleshooting issues
- Escalation to senior management, including testing summaries, business impact, and estimation of time to resolve the issues