- Over 30 years’ experience in the computer industry with over 17 years of IT experience with UNIX, WebSphere and Middleware.
- Confidential Pseries and RS/6000 Servers, Sun Fire 480R, Sun E4500/E250/E450 Series Servers, Sun UltraSparc 10/20, NCR 4455/4400/S28/S25 and HP 9000/V2200 UNIX systems.
- Confidential PCs and Compatibles ( Confidential /Dell/HP/Compaq/Gateway/NCR).
- JBM Gateway 70 Protocol Converter, Rimage CD Producer, DISC CDROM Jukebox, DISC Optical Jukebox, NCR 7780 Scanner, Kodak 500/5500 Scanners and Novell LAN.
- Confidential 3083, Confidential 9121, Confidential 9672, Confidential 3090 and Unisys Mainframes.
- Dedicated X - Terminals, HP LaserJet and Xerox Printers, MultiTech and US Robotics Modems.
- 3Com/Cisco LAN Switches, Hubs, Routers, Bridges, Access Units, Repeaters, NetScalers, Ethernet and Token Ring.
- UYK-7 & UYK-44 Sperry Univac Computer Systems (WCS/FCS/C&D) and NTDS equipment.
- Electrical and Safety Products eCommerce websites utilized by electrical distributors throughout North America.
- Property, Casualty and Specialty Insurance websites.
- Pharmaceutical applications/websites.
- Healthcare Provider application (CPWeb).
- Advanta Leasing and Business Credit Cards. SQL Financials (Accounting/General Ledger application), Impromptu (Database Query and Reporting tool), and BIAS/SuperCliff (Automated Credit Scoring application).
UNIX OS: RHEL, Confidential AIX, Sun Solaris, NCR SVR4 MP-RAS, HP-UX Operating Systems and X-Windows.
Windows OS: Windows 7 Professional, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter and Windows 2008/2003/2000.
Volume Management: Veritas Volume Manager, Sun Solstice Disk Suite (SDS), Sun Logical Volume Manager and Confidential Logical Volume Manager.
Web Server: Internet Information Server (IIS), Confidential HTTP Server (IHS), Apache, SunOne and iPlanet.
Application Server: TomCat, WebSphere Deployment Manager, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Commerce, WebSphere Liberty Profile, Confidential MobileFirst Platform, Confidential MobileFirst Analytics, Confidential Worklight, WebSphere Express and WebLogic.
Enterprise Service Bus: Confidential Integration Broker (IIB), Confidential Message Broker, WebSphere MQ, WebSphere JMS and Service Integration Bus (SIB).
Dump Analysis: Confidential Support Assistant Tool (ISA), PMAT, GCMV and GCC.
Monitoring: AppDynamics, Tivoli Performance Viewer and Resource Analyzer and AppWatch.
Email: Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes and CMail.
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Project.
Web Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Database: Sybase, DB2 Server, DB2 Client, DB2 Visualizer, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server, SQL, SQLTalk and Gupta Router.
Scripting and Automation: Bash/Bourne/Korn UNIX Shells, Perl, Ant, Jython, wsadmin, BMC BladeLogic and Phurnace. MS DOS, REXX, Confidential OS/2 and OS/2 Warp.
Imaging: Rimage CD Producer software, NCR 7780 and Kodak Scanner software and SmartCD Access.
TCP/IP and PCTCP.:
Mainframe: VM/MVS, MVS/TSO, MVS/CMS, MVS/ISPF, and Bookmaster Script. VSI-FAX, LP Plus (Printer Spooling software), UniKix (CICS Emulation software), SyncSort and MF Cobol.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
SysAdmin Team Lead/Application Server/Middleware Administrator
- Conduct team lead responsibilities coordinating Production support, hardware/software requirements and implementations.
- Represent SysAdmin Team in technical and project meetings.
- Coordinate between eBusiness TechOps area and Infrastructure teams for System, NetScaler, Network, DNS and Active Directory resources and changes.
- Provide technical direction between eBusiness TechOps area and Offshore support team.
- Meet with software vendors on business needs and requirements for the eBusiness TechOps area.
- Coordinate with various consultants from different companies supporting the eBusiness TechOps area.
- Coordinate with various teams on Cloud migration.
- Coordinate scheduled changes for monthly software releases.
- Manage and track server assets and configurations for the eBusiness TechOps area.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Confidential Integration Broker v10.x, Confidential WebSphere MQ v8.0.0.x, Worklight v5.0.0, Confidential MobileFirst Platform/MobileFirst Analytics v7.1, IIS v6.x and v7.x, Confidential WebSphere Deployment Manager and Confidential Application Server v7.x, Confidential WebSphere Commerce v7.x, Atlassian JIRA v7.1.8, CollabNet Subversion v5.1.0 and AppDynamics v3.8. x.
- Migration/upgrade projects: JIRA, SVN, Worklight to MFP, WESB to IIB/MQ, FastCGI server installs, Physical Architecture Cleanup.
- Install and configure Open Source software - Apache ANT, Oracle Client, Oracle SQL Developer, MO71 (RFHUTIL), JDK, SoapUI, SVN Clients and Eclipse FastCGI.
- Code deployments: IIB BAR files, CacheConfig file, apply IIB and MQ configuration changes, Commerce code and configuration files.
- Administration of Active Directory users and groups.
- Production support related to issues and outages.
- SSL and CA certificate management for IIB and IIS servers.
- Perform WebSphere dump analysis and assist application architects with problem diagnostics resolution.
- System monitoring and performance related to IIB and WebSphere.
- Assist with disaster recovery systems related to preparation and failover activities. Work with DBAs concerning Oracle GoldenGate and Data Guard replication software.
- Maintain documentation for the eCommerce area concerning installations, configurations and upgrades.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Sr. Middleware Systems Engineer
- Plan, design, implement, and support WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Express, MQ/Message Broker and Confidential HTTP Server (IHS) installations for development, integration, test and production environments.
- Install and configure Deployment Manager and WebSphere Application Server v5.1.1.x, v6.0.2.x, v6.1.0.x, v7.x, v8.x, WebSphere Express v6.0.2.x, and WebSphere MQ v5.1.1.x and v7.x.
- Install and configure Confidential HTTP Server v6.1.0.x and v7.x.
- Install, configure and support JVM diagnostic tools (i.e. - JProfiler, ISA Health Center, and Vantage Analyzer).
- All WebSphere implementations performed on Confidential AIX v5.x/v6.x, Red Hat Enterprise Linux v4 and Windows 2000/ 2003/2008 servers.
- Install Fix Packs, eFixes, JDK/SDK updates for Deployment Manager, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Express, WebSphere MQ and IHS Servers.
- Install Java Development Kit (JDK), versions 1.3.x, v1.4.x, v1.5.x and v1.6.x.
- Configure WebSphere stand-alone JVMs and WebSphere Clusters, install EAR & WAR files, configure Virtual Hosts, JDBC Providers and DataSources, Web Container, Mail Providers, Resource Adapters, Name Space Bindings, WebSphere/HTTP plug-ins, JNDI Name Space Bindings and Shared Libraries. Perform environment cleanups as well.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement WebSphere configuration/maintenance for WebSphere v5.1 Security (Global/SOAP),WebSphere v6.1 Security (Global/Application/SOAP/SSL Certs), v6.1 Core Groups, v5.1 and v6.1 Fix Packs to correct existing issues.
- Configure SSL Personal Signer Certificates for various WebSphere applications.
- Configure Trusted Certificates for Tomcat.
- Analyze javacores, heapdumps, and verbosegc data using the Confidential Support Assistant (ISA), Pattern Matching Analysis Tool (PMAT), Heap Analyzer, GC Collector and various others.
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging to resolve existing issues in production and lower level environments.
- Generate and utilize wsadmin and Jython/Python scripts for cluster/JVM stop, start, and monitor functions.
- Currently working on newly implemented BladeLogic software utilized as change management tool for entire infrastructure.
- Generate Unix shell scripts (bash/bourne/korn) in support of WebSphere environments.
- Automate JMS/WMQ monitoring, startup, and shutdown. Automate WebSphere Deployment Manager, Node Agent, Cluster, JVM startup and shutdown. Automate Confidential HTTP Server startup, shutdown and log rotation.
- Provide technical assistance to developers and work with vendors relating to ongoing implementations and application issues.
- Assist development teams with architecture and performance recommendations.
- Review/analyze application performance, resolve production and non-production outages.
- TroubleshootJ2EE application issues, WebSphere and Java Runtime Environment (JRE) issues.
- Handle Help Desk Change/Incident tickets (ServiceNow) in support of all WebSphere environments.
- Assist in load/stress test exercises in support of WebSphere J2EE applications.
- Responsible for handling WebSphere on-call support issues after normal business hours.
- Provide support documentation pertaining to the WebSphere area using Microsoft Word/Excel/Visio diagrams.
- Provide training for new WebSphere personnel.
- Perform project work for the team and provide support documentation and training.
- Support insurance applications - FAB, PolicyStar, AgencyConnect/AgencyPortal, ALBPM (v5 & v6), DataStage, Hyperion, Confidential /PruntUtil, PowerSuite, Guidewire, ISRA, Policy Doc Retrieval, Agency Profile System, Oracle/ Confidential BPM and PilotFish.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Software Engineer/ WebSphere Engineer
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, & v22.214.171.124.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Express v126.96.36.199.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Commerce, v5.6.
- All WebSphere implementations performed on Sun Solaris v9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3 & v4, and Windows 2000 and 2003 servers.
- Installed Fix Packs, eFixes, JDK and SDK updates for WebSphere Application Server on all versions - v188.8.131.52, v184.108.40.206 and v220.127.116.11.
- Installed Fix Packs, eFixes, JDK and SDK updates for WebSphere Commerce Server on version 5.6.
- Managed WebSphere infrastructure related to Oracle databases, Oracle SQLPlus, WebMethods, MQ, network and server hardware interfaces and application issues.
- Carried the WebSphere Engineering on-call pager.
- Configured WebSphere stand-alone JVMs and WebSphere Clusters, install EAR and WAR files, configure Virtual Hosts, JDBC and DataSources, Web Container, Mail Providers, Resource Adapters and WebSphere plug-ins.
- Installed Java Development Kit (JDK), versions 1.3.1 and 1.4.2.
- Managed and maintained WebSphere Engineering Remedy application and software asset information.
- Responsible as WebSphere Engineering outage coordinator, communicate with business, platform, database, SAP, GEO, EMT, Help Desk and development teams.
- Performed annual disaster recovery exercises and maintain Technical Recovery Guides (TRGs) for specific supported applications.
- Supported applications - Ariba Buyer, iPLAN, Clopidogrel (Plavix), Gross Margin, Samples On Demand, Trade (WebOrdering), eTreasury and PRI.
- Configured trusted hosts for specific servers where applicable for file transfer of application EAR and WAR files.
- Maintained WebSphere environment cross-reference matrices for production, test, uat and development.
- Coordinated with BMS internal and outsource development partners and software application vendors on issues pertaining to development, uat and production environments.
- Performed debugging and stress testing for WebSphere applications.
- Worked with multi-national partners for BMS “Follow-the-Sun” support in U.K. and Australia. Provided technical assistance and documentation.
Confidential, Conshohocken, PA
- Configured Sun Enterprise and Confidential P-Series UNIX servers for eCommerce environments.
- Utilized Confidential LPAR and SAN technologies.
- Installed and configured UNIX operating systems for Solaris v9 & v10 and for Confidential AIX v5.2 & v5.3.
- Installed Sun Cluster patches and single patches as well as Confidential Maintenance releases packages and single patches.
- Certified Sun operating system releases and migration methods.
- Installed, configured and utilized Sun Solstice Disk Suite (SDS)/Sun Logical Volume Manager and Confidential Logical Volume Manager.
- Provided UNIX Administration support for Sun Enterprise and Confidential P-Series servers related to local (Test and Development) and remote (Production: SunGard-hosted and Customer site) eCommerce environments.
- Generated and modified UNIX Shell Scripts (bourne & korn) in support eCommerce environments.
- Installed and configured IBMIHS/Apache Web Server v2.0.47 & v6.0, including WebSphere plug-ins.
- Installed and configured WebLogic Application Server, v8.1.4.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server, v18.104.22.168 & v22.214.171.124, including WebSphere plug-ins.
- Configured WebSphere Clusters, redundant IHS/Apache & WebSphere Application Servers for load balancing, install EAR and XML files, configure Virtual Hosts, JVM and Web Container parameters. Also configured WebSphere plug-ins and load modules.
- Installed Java Development Kit (JDK), v1.4 and versions upwards.
- Installed Fix Packs for WebSphere Application Server, v126.96.36.199 & v188.8.131.52.
- Supported MEDecision Java Enterprise applications running under WebSphere, WebLogic and TomCat.
- Certified WebSphere and WebLogic releases for Sun Enterprise and Confidential P-Series UNIX servers.
- Loaded test WebSphere software releases for Sun Enterprise and Confidential P-Series UNIX servers.
- Installed MEDecision - CPWeb application for WebSphere Application Server, v184.108.40.206 & v220.127.116.11.
- Installed MEDecision - CPWeb application for TomCat Application Server, v4.1.
- Installed MEDecision - CPWeb application for WebLogic Application Server, v8.1.4.
- Supported Cache and Oracle databases for Sun Enterprise and Confidential P-Series UNIX servers.
Confidential, Voorhees, NJ
Sr. WebSphere Administrator/UNIX Administration
- Configured Sun Enterprise, Confidential RS/6000 and Confidential P-Series UNIX servers for eCommerce environment.
- Installed and configured UNIX operating systems for Solaris v7, v8 & v9 and for Confidential AIX v4.3.
- Provided UNIX Administration support for Sun Enterprise, Confidential RS/6000 and Confidential P-Series servers related to local (Test) and remote (Production: Confidential -hosted) eCommerce environments.
- Installed and configured iPlanet Web Server, v4.1, including remote WebSphere plug-ins.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server, v3.5.4/v4.0.2/v5.0.1, including WebSphere plug-ins and load modules.
- Configured WebSphere Clusters, installed EAR and XML files, configure Virtual Hosts, JVM and Web Container parameters.
- Configured redundant iPlanet and WebSphere Application Servers for load balancing, Web Agent/Siteminder, SSL encryption, Load Balancing (OSE Remote Plug-in & HTTP), Virtual IP’s and DataSources & Session Persistence.
- Requested and installed SSL certificates for various web servers.
- Utilized Internet Explorer and Netscape Web Browsers in performing daily tasks.
- Installed Java Development Kit (JDK), v1.2.2 and versions upwards.
- Supported Connect Direct, TeamQuest, WebCrawler and Confidential Java Enterprise applications (20 - 25) running under WebSphere.
- Supported MyCigna.com Portal (Tibco) and LDAP servers in the UNIX eCommerce production environment.
- Generated and modified Perl and UNIX Shell Scripts (bourne and korn) in support of eCommerce environments.
- Utilized awk and sed UNIX tools for Shell Scripting and performing daily tasks.
- Provided eCommerce application support for local and remote eCommerce environments.
- Troubleshot and analyzed iPlanet Web Server logs for http related information as well as analyze WebSphere Application Server logs for java related information.
- Troubleshot router, CSS and eND networking issues in the eCommerce environments.
- Installed EAR files, moved in Java code and modify configuration files for WebSphere Application Servers.
- Assisted Developers with WebSphere performance monitoring and tuning using the WebSphere Admin Console and Resource Analyzer.
- Assisted Developers with iPlanet performance monitoring and tuning using the iPlanet Web Server Console.
- Carried the UNIX Internet Pager (24 x 7) in support of Production/Stage eCommerce environments.
- Reported daily status of eCommerce production environment to management.
- Provided WebSphere/UNIX Administration support for production, stage and test eCommerce environments.
- Provided Tier 3 support for local and remote eCommerce environments.
- Generated procedures for Internet Team and Help Desk support of the UNIX eCommerce production environment.
- Worked on Problem Diagnostic team in support of the Middle Tier software.
- Worked on WebSphere Build team in support WebSphere, Web Servers, AIX, Solaris, and Middle Tier software.