- Microsoft Windows server and client operating systems and networking technologies.
- Infrastructure services: Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, DFS, MFA, PKI, etc.
- Automation and development: PowerShell, Windows and UNIX scripting, Visual Basic, C++, VBScript/ASP, SQL, HTML.
- Cloud computing: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, Azure
- Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Citrix infrastructure: XenApp, Presentation Server, MetaFrame, XenDesktop, XenServer, PVS, MCS, App Layering, WEM, AppSense, RES Workspace Manager, NetScaler and related technologies.
- Network infrastructure: Citrix NetScaler, Cisco routers, switches, access points, VPN concentrators, ASA appliances.
- Virtualization: VMware ESX, vSphere, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Network security and information assurance: hardware and software firewalls, intrusion detection systems, patch management and antivirus systems. Penetration testing and vulnerability analysis.
- Messaging: Office 365, Microsoft Exchange 5.5, 2003, 2007, 2010, BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Data backup and disaster recovery and business continuity planning and implementation.
- Project Management: Managed numerous IT projects and delivered successful results on time and under budget.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
VDI Tower Lead
- Led a team of engineers responsible for the design, build, and daily operation of Citrix-based VDI environment.
- Upgraded and consolidated several legacy environments to the latest LTSR 7.15
- Automated software deployments and other workflows resulting in significant engineer time savings
- Built custom proactive monitoring and alerting solutions to monitor the health of Citrix farms and underlying infrastructure
- Piloted projects to move the VDI infrastructure to AWS and Azure.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Senior Systems Engineer: Citrix
- Architected, designed, built and managed a multi-datacenter, highly-available Citrix XenApp environment. Virtualized on VMware vSphere, front-ended by a highly-available NetScaler setup, PVS-provisioned, serving over 10000 concurrent users all around the world.
- Involved in a project to transition the environment and related infrastructure to be hosted in AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Leveraged PowerShell scripting to automate multiple labor-intensive and error-prone processes and workflows.
- Built customized monitoring and reporting solutions and dashboards to keep business partners and stakeholders informed on the status and performance of the farm and underlying subsystems.
- Developed custom tools to help conclusively pinpoint the source of most performance problems and rule out the Citrix environment as the cause, resulting in drastic reduction of support calls.
- Provided custom tools and training to Service Desk personnel to handle some of the lower level Citrix-related support calls, freeing up the Engineering team’s time.
- Migrated from the legacy PS 4.5 environment to XenApp 6.5 and then to XenApp 7.
- Security hardening of the environment, including MFA (Duo) implementation, patch management, participation in audits, etc.
- All customers and business partners reported a vast increase of satisfaction with the performance and stability of the Citrix environment.
Citrix Systems Administrator
- Planned and participated in a migration of Citrix applications from Presentation Server 4.5 to XenApp 6.5.
- Automated processes and workflows using PowerShell scripting.
- Analyzed and improved the performance of various applications running on the Citrix XenApp platform.
- Optimized Citrix and Windows policies and Group Policies to improve Farm performance.
Confidential, San Diego, California
Systems Engineer: Citrix, Security
- Designed, installed, configured, administered, secured and supported all aspects of a 24x7 service delivery and information security infrastructure for remote and local users.
- Subject matter expert for Citrix products and underlying platforms and technologies.
- Implemented a thin client infrastructure utilizing Citrix XenApp to deliver applications and desktops to all call center workers, resulting in significant power and management time savings and increased user satisfaction.
- Developed custom software for monitoring and alerting of XenApp sessions’ performance and user experience.
- Consolidated physical servers into Citrix XenServer and VMware ESX-based virtual hosts.
- Optimized, load balanced, and controlled access to Citrix and other applications using Citrix NetScaler appliances.
- Ensured security and healthcare regulations compliance, utilizing technologies including Cisco VPN concentrators and ASA devices, RSA SecurID for MFA, Citrix Secure Gateway and Citrix application servers.
- Performed data backup and offsite data storage duties.
- Participated in business continuity and disaster recovery planning and implementation activities.
- Improved service delivery processes by implementing ITIL principles.
Confidential, Bethesda, Maryland
- Provided a full spectrum of IT support to the Office of the Director and other offices and laboratories of NIAID (National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases).
- Administered and supported a Citrix Presentation Server environment for remote and local users.
- Implemented DHHS-wide initiatives involving PKI rollouts, and encryption of data on mobile devices.
- Developed documentation for end users of various systems and products.