Motivated and adaptable IT professional with over 15 years of experience managing systems, projects and teams. Proven ability to create and deliver solutions tied to business objectives. Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills. Works effectively and independently to plan, implement and support enterprise - wide systems.
Servers and appliances: Windows Server 2012R2/2008/2003; Exchange 2010/2007/2003 ; Sharepoint 2007, ISA 2004/2006; Forefront TMG 2010; IronPort 3.6; Cisco OpenDNS; Citrix NetScaler 10
Infrastructure Services: Active Directory; DNS; DHCP; ADFS; Windows Failover Clustering; File and print services; Group Policy
Virtualization: VMware 5.5; Hyper-V; Citrix XenApp
Hardware: HP DL-series; HP and Confidential blades; Dell and Cisco servers; printers, laptops, desktops
Programming/scripting: Powershell, SQL, HTML
Applications: Impriv Confidential ; SolarWinds; LanSweeper; EMC SourceOne; Simpana Commvault; SCOM; Track-IT, Brightstor ArcServe 11, LanDesk, TrendMicro Scanmail;
Sr. System Engineer
- Active Directory/Citrix/Exchange server infrastructure support including file&print, DNS, DHCP, GPO, ADFS, clustering, load balancing and other services; in a lead or supporting role implementation of highly complex projects with impact on the network and core business applications. Yearly risk assessments and remediation.
- Follow established change control and escalation protocols.
- Implemented a highly available Exchange 2010 solution leveraging DAG for over 12,000+ mailboxes.
- Deployed Cisco OpenDNS. Migrated all domain controllers to Windows Server 2012R2.
- Provided Tier-3 level support to business and IT clients; resolve over 400 service requests yearly; legal searches; deployment of new servers; ADFS changes; DNS/DHCP changes; Citrix VDI issues; SSL renewals; investigate phishing attempts; monitor system health; mail flow issues; encryption issues; efax requests.
- Authored knowledge base articles to Help Desk team. Participated in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
Confidential, Catonsville, MD
- Administration of a large multi-site Active Directory environment.
- Primary engineer for the messaging environment that includes 15 Exchange 2010 servers; Good for Enterprise MDM solution and Lync 2010. VMWare and NetApp SAN infrastructure disk management, security, and business applications.
- Designed and implemented a two-site highly available Exchange 2010 solution leveraging DAG for over 15,000+ users. Implemented SCANMAIL for Exchange AV solution.
- Supported implementation of a new C-mode NetApp storage array.
- Multiple MDM POCs: XenMobile; MobileIron; Airwatch.
- Provided Tier-2 level support to business and IT clients for requests that include email restores; legal searches; deployment of new servers; DNS/DHCP changes; investigate phishing attempts; take/restore VM and SAN volume snapshots; monitor system health; provision SAN storage - LUNs/volumes; replace failed SAN disks; mail flow issues; encryption issues; efax requests.
Confidential, Lanham, MD
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Maintenance and administration of messaging environment (12,000+ users; Clustered Exchange with 20+ servers in dual d Confidential centers).
- Tier 3 support for email and related technologies.
- Failover testing, server patching. Supporting role in Exchange 2010 migration efforts.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Business and Auxiliary Systems Manager ( )
- Administration and support of IT infrastructure at a mid-size university.
- Ensured all assigned systems operated at maximum functionality and availability.
- Followed best practices in configuration and administration. Maintenance of Exchange server d Confidential bases.
- Hardware and software updates, performance monitoring and application tuning. Oversee university’s Help Desk (3000+ calls per month), implemented Track-IT ticketing system.
- Provided superior remote and desk-side Tier 2 support for all messaging and collaboration services.
- Implemented new IT processes and policies for change management and office relocations.
- Led enterprise-wide hardware and software implementations.
- Migration from Diebold to Confidential solution; IP camera implementation with Milestone server; Exchange migration; Pharos print management.
- Resolved software/hardware issue involving servers, desktops and laptops.
- Advanced Exchange server and Outlook troubleshooting.
- Workstation imaging with LanDesk and Norton Ghost.
- Produced detailed system documentation.
- Supported yearly PC and Mac deployments (500+ units; configuration and setup).
- Backups, user and group account/permissions management.
- Developed campus software standard for Mac platform.