- Accomplished System Administrator with 9 years of experience implementing technology to improve business operations. Comfortable with working across departments to actively address emerging needs. Hands on experience with a variety of technologies and a strong desire to continue education.
- Information Security
- Wireless Networks
- Windows Operating Systems
- Linux Operating Systems
- Domain Management
- Physical Security
- LAN/WAN/NOC Administration
- Project Management
- Storage and Servers
- Backup/Replication and Recovery
- Strong Documentation
- License Management
Confidential, Canton, MI
- Provide technology solutions to improve business processes and support new ventures.
- Administer storage, server, wireless, VoIP, and all other IT systems. Provide all tiers of support to company employees, vendors, and clients.
- Make budgeting and purchasing decisions.
- Implemented datacenter virtualization. Installation and configuration of vCenter, vSphere, NetApp SAN
- Upgrade of vCenter/vSphere hosts from ESXi 5.1/5.5 to ESXi 6
- Optimized Active Directory and GPO’s Structure
- Migrated from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010
- Migrated email security solutions
- Implemented central management of endpoints (Microsoft updates, third party updates, custom application deployment)
- Replaced all networking equipment and reconfigure the network to meet business goals
- Deployed Unified Communications feature of the ShoreTel VoIP system
- Managed internal and external DNS records to support changes in our telco service and additional business units (new domains, MX records, etc.)
- Migrated from Windows Server 2003 Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2008r2 Domain Controllers.
- Implemented Remote Desktop Services to address security and latency concerns
- Centralized management and deployment of Microsoft and 3rd Party applications
- Changed architecture of applications from all services on a single host to dedicated bastion hosts for dedicated services (database, application, batch operations, etc)
- Administer storage, server, wireless, VoIP, and all other IT systems. Provide tier 2 support to company employees, vendors, and clients.
- Manage SSL certificates for both internal and external systems.
- Lead the transition from a legacy tape - based backup solution to a modern disk backup solution.
- Worked with a team to transition from MPLS branch connectivity to a SD-WAN solution.
- Worked with a team to transition from a SAN/Server infrastructure to a hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Worked with a team to transition from a traditional firewall to a full functional UTM.
- Personally, performed a Microsoft Exchange migration from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013.
- Worked with a team to migrate to a .bank domain including all implementing all requirements of a .bank top-level domain (dmarc, spf, etc.)
- Implemented advanced network monitoring to bring awareness to service issues and provide proactive action.
- Automate routine tasks with various technologies (PowerShell, SFTP, Ansible, Cron, OPSI)
- Maintain system images for mass deployment.
- Implemented advanced email threat prevention system to auto pull malicious emails and block malicious URL’s.