- Over 6 Years of professional software industry experience as a Windows Administrator and Virtualization Engineer using VMware vSphere.
- Strong knowledge on Server, Desktop and Application virtualization and worked on ESX and ESXi6.5, 6.0/5.5/5.0.
- Currently evaluating VMware vSphere 5.1 Suite, Assigning styliform VMware vCloud license key in vCenter Server.
- Renovate, design and implement Microsoft Active Directory (Access Controls, Group Policy, Kerberos, Authentication, naming standards, trust relationships, best practices, security policies and standards). Ensure all Directory Services solutions and Operating System designs are secured and HIPAA/FERPA compliant. Assist with security incidents and provide digital forensic analysis as required by ISO.
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages such as PowerShell, VBScript etc.
- Contacted users for troubleshooting/root cause analysis for proper assignment and prompt resolution
- Maintained and managed Windows 2003\2008R2 servers in Citrix farm
- Assisted in company - wide migration to Windows 7 published desktop environment
- Decommissioned and reallocated servers based on resource needs assisting with capacity plan.
- Managed VDI assignments and user sessions using VMware Vsphere and Citrix XenCenter
- Extensive Hands on Experience on VCenter server 6.5/6.0/5.5/5.1/5.0 and vSphere versions 6.5/6.0/5.5/5.1/5.0 for managing multiple ESX servers.
- Installing and troubleshooting experience with ESX servers and ESXi servers and worked extensively on Templates, clones and used Veeam Backup and Replication for restoring VM's.
- Strong knowledge on resource management framework using Resource pools.
- Experience with Microsoft Network Load Balancing and Microsoft Clustering technologies.
- Experience in EMC SAN LUN creation, LUN masking, Raw Disk Mapping and Storage pools.
- Implemented and managed HA and DRS clusters and Worked on VMware FT for critical VM’s.
- Hands on experience on P2P,P2V, V2V Migration of Machines from one datacenter to another datacenter using migration tools like Plate spin, Double take and VMware Converter.
- Extensively worked on vMotion, Storage vMotion, VMware Mirage, SCCM and Patch management and upgrades using VMware update manager.
- Experience in configuring VMware standard vSwitch & dvSwitch.
- Excellent skills in patching and hardening Win2012/Win2008/2003 servers using Windows Update and also by using the staged patches.
- Expert knowledge on configuring hardware iSCSi SAN,FC SAN, NFS and NAS storage to VMware ESX (i) hosts from vSphere client.
- Configured the PowerShell, Windows Clustering and SQL Clustering in the VMware environment.
- Worked on windows server 2012, 2008 and on Microsoft active directory.
- Strong experience with DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, NFS, FTP,SFTP andworked on Redhatlinux, Ubuntu, Suselinux and client OS.
- Worked on CISCO UCS Hardware, Including setups, Configuration.
- Knowledge on Implementation and configuration of HP, Dell, and IBM server class hardware.
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts, Configuration of networks, Router Configuration and wireless security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel and wireless networks.
- Provided 24/7 On Call production support onsite and remotely on rotation basis.
- Develop simple to complex SharePoint workflows, Develop custom application using client-side and server-side.
VMware vSpher 6.5/6.0: 5.5/5.1/5.0/,VCenteServer 6.5/6.0/5.5/5.1/5.0
ESXi: 5.5/5.1/5.0/4.1/4.0, ESX 4.0,VMwareUpdate Manager, VMware Horizon View 6.0.1/6.0(VDI),VMware Mirage
5.1/5.0/:, VMware vCenter Converter 5.5. HA, DRS, FT, Vmotion, Storage Vmotion, VCOPS, SRM, VMware Mirage and SCCM.
CITRIX: Installing configuring the servers and citrix applications
Microsoft: Hyper-V, virtual PC, Virtual server
Windows Administration: Configuration of DHCP and DNS, Windows server 2012/2010/2008/2003 Installation and configuration of Active Directory and Internet Information Services (IIS 8.5/8.0/7.5/7.0 ), Experience with one or PowerShell, VBScript .creating users and groups, setting user access controls.
Networking: Cisco 25xx, 35xx Routers and 35xx Switches.
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, VPN, DNS, NTP, WINS, FTP, SSH, WinSCP and Telnet.
Storage: VMAX, VNX, NAS (NFS), SAN and ISCSI.
Windows Server OS: 2012/2010/2008/2003, Windows 8/7/XP
Linux (Ubuntu), UNIX.
Backups: EMC Networker, Windows NT Backup VERITAS Netback up .
Antivirus: Symantec Endpoint, Norton Antivirus, McAfee.
MS: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, Oracle.
HP ProLiant DL980: G7 Intel Xeon, HP Proliant DL785 G6, HP BL 680c G5, 685c G7 blade servers, Dell Poweredge R820,R610,R 00 HP Chassis, HP Tape Library MSL 2024, 4048,ESL G3, MSA 1000 SAN, Sun Storage tech Tape Library.
Terminal Services: Remote Desktop Services, VNC, Putty and Terminal Services.
Third Party Applications: Veeam Monitor, Veeam Reporter, Veeam Backup and ReplicationPlatespin, Symantec BESR (Back Up Executive System Recovery)
Windows Administrator / VMware Administrator
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS in acquiring higher efficiency for VMware Infrastructure.
- Managed Active Directory services using predefined company scripts (Creation of Accounts) and Provided server and client support for all issues such as logon failures, account lockout, network connectivity and authentication issues.
- Installed VMware vSphere 5.1/5.0/5.5 and created virtual machines on ESXi 5.0/5.5 Servers. Created standard images and deployed servers from the images.
- Teaming NIC’s using HP Teaming software for redundancy during failures.
- Installed and configured vSphere ESXi 5.1 on HP blade servers HPC7000.
- Migrated VMware vSphere hosts from ESX 5.0 to 5.5 and ESXi 6.0 to ESXi 6.1.
- Configured VMware standard vSwitch & dvSwitch.
- Configured VMware virtual machine port groups, console ports groups, VMkernal port groups and VLANs.
- Experience in installing and configuring VMware Virtual Center servers and VMware vCenter Appliance.
- Managed VMware ESXi hosts using vSphere client and Web client.
- Created Virtual Machines, Cloning virtual machines, converting P2V(used standard VMware converter tool), VM-Provisioning (Linked clones, thin disks, de-duplication ) taking Snapshots of virtual servers, HA, DRS, Vmotioning.
- Experience on creating host profiles and deploy to hosts in a VMware clusters.
- Designed and successfully implemented VMware ESXi 5.0/5.5 servers for server consolidation and Worked on vCenter Server to manage all the ESX hosts in the datacenter.
- Performed disk consolidations to multiple VM’s that failed snapshots which released virtual disk space from data stores.
- Defining group permissions and creating local and global groups with account policies using Enterprise Administrator.
- Secured, built, and maintained multiple FTP/SFTP sites using WSFTP server, Globalscape Server, and IIS server.
- Creating and managing Virtual Machines and Templates, worked with clones and snapshots of Virtual Machines.
- Administering, troubleshooting and automating vSphere ESXi using Power CLI.
- Involved with designing and implementing VMware backup products and disaster recovery solutions.
- Installed & configured VMware virtual center for production & DR site and monitored and setup vCOps for Virtual environments.
- Perform server consolidation using VMware Converter to convert physical machines to virtual machines in a production environment.
- Set up and Configured DV switch for ESXi hosts and worked on VMware Update Manager for updating or patching for all the ESXi hosts and Virtual machines.
- Virtualized Windows server using VMware Converter and Performed P2V's and V2V's using VMware convertor.
- Integrated HP SAN volumes to the Virtual Infrastructure to store the Virtual Machine files.
- Configuring VMware on clustered environment, implemented Migration of Virtual Machines using vMotion, Storage vMotion.
- Hot and Cold Cloning of Virtual Machines using VMware Converter and restored VM's using Veeam Backup.
- Virtual Machine Cloning, Templates and Snapshots and upgraded windows 2003 servers to 2008 servers, Installed Boot from san windows servers.
- Configured MPIO for windows servers for redundancy and Boot for iSCSi for windows and ESXi hosts.
- Experience with SQL backup and restore and SQL administration and troubleshooted IIS related issues and Cluster related issues.
Environment: VMware vSphere 5.1/5.0/4.1, ESXi 5.1/5.0/4.1, Windows 2008/2010, SQL Server 2008 R2, vCenter 5.1/5.0/4.1, IIS, Microsoft clustering DRS, P2V, V2V, Veeam Backup, vCenter update manager, SRM,EMC VMAX.
Infrastructure Engineer /VMware Administrator
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installing VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5/6.1 and ESXi server 5.5/6.1.
- Identification, planning and migration of P2V candidates and new builds from each site without any downtime.
- Performed tons of V2V Migration., Created clones and templates of Virtual Machines
- Created VM's on ESX servers and deployed VMs Through OVF Templates, Created & Troubleshot Virtual Networks and vSwitches
- Worked on Migration concepts like vMotion and cold migration and Remediate.
- Configured Netbackup Client thorough planning was done for downtime, knowing each server usage &there placement in Datacenter.
- Creating Data centers in the vSphere Web client and adding the Hosts to the Data center
- Hands on experience with VCOPS, configuring dashboards for clients.
- Installing and configuring Windows 2008 servers of DHCP, FTP, Web Server and SQL Database Server.
- Installation and administration of Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP servers. Administrating and responsible for Microsoft File and Print servers cluster on windows 2008. Managing printers’ queues, spoolers, files and folders permission, maintenance/failover of cluster when required
- Managing Exchange 2003 servers and troubleshooting issues related to User and group accounts, mail delivery, configuring MX records to enable and disable domain.
- Responsible for Security Patch Management and Deployment to all clients using Microsoft WSUS 4.0/3.0.
- Administering DHCP Server creation of reservation and configuration of server options.
- Configured Terminal Server to access to the servers using Remote Desktop Protocol.
- Maintaining Local Area Network (LAN), using Cisco Switches.
- Responsible for Active directory, GPO, Domain users, Administrating users and groups and given appropriate permissions and privilege to access our LAN and Domain environment.
- Troubleshooting UCS hardware if the Hosts are disconnected in the Vcenter
- Design, Installation and configuring of new vSphere 5 ESXi servers for the P2V candidates on UCS Cisco C240 M3 Rack Server
- Installed Management Server (vCenter Server) instances to enable centralized management of multiple ESXi hosts.
- Linked different vCenter servers using linked mode to have a single instance of vSphere client to manage the whole Virtual environment
- Configuring High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) and vNetwork Distributed Switch (VDS).
- Creating a backup job and also took backup of data center on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Created standard Templates and deployed servers from the Templates.
- Built number of VMs through templates/clones, created templates/clones for future use and physical servers/hosts 4.0/4.1 from ISO Images.
- Designed and successfully implemented VMware ESX servers for server consolidation.
- Virtualized Windows servers using VMware Converter P2V and V2V.
Environment: VMware vSphere 5.5/6.1, ESXi 5.5/6.1, Windows 2008/2010/2012, SQL Server 2008R2, vCenter 5.5/6.1, IIS, DRS, P2V, V2V, vCenter update manager.
Roles and Responsibilities: -
- Worked on different VMware products like VMware server, VMware Converter and ESX/ESXi server 5.0/5.5.
- Knowledge in ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VMs, Cloning, Templates, Snapshots, Fault tolerance, VM resource allocation.
- Creating, managing and Trouble shooting of Virtual machines.
- Responsible for P2V, V2V migrations using VMware Converter 4.x versions and general maintenance activities in VMware ESX Server environment.
- Involved in both the types of migrations - HOT migration and COLD migration depending on the priority and severity of the server including SQL database servers and application servers.
- Created Resource pools and distributed available resources in different resource pools according to their tier levels (in production and development).
- Excellent knowledge in updating / upgrading ESX servers, Virtual Center servers and Virtual machines using VMware Update manager and manual upgrades.
- Network Configuration on ESX servers which include NIC Teaming / Bonding for Failover and load balancing purpose, VLAN’s configuration etc.
- Performance monitoring and tuning for ESX Servers, Virtual Center Servers and Virtual Machines.
- Excellent knowledge in log analysis on ESX & VC servers for troubleshooting.
- Migrating Virtual machines across various VMware products ESX Server.
- Creating Clusters.
- Using Virtual centre server for HA, DRS and Vmotion and EVC.
- Worked at Storage Vmotion.
- Patches/Firm ware updating of Esx 4.x through update manager.
- Daily we will check the backup report and if any failures than we will raise the ticket and assign to backup team.
- Manage and Administration on Windows 2003, windows 2010 and Windows 2008 Servers.
- Managing DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory.
- Configuring DNS servers and clients.
- Installing and configuring DHCP server.
- Managing User Accounts, Computer Accounts, Files and Folders.
- Configuring different types of RAID as per the requirement.
- I worked on the Backups (TSM and Veritas).
Environment: VMware vSphere 5.5/5.1/5.0, ESXi 5.5/5.1/5.0, Windows 2012/2008R2, SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, vCenter 5.5/5.1, IIS, HP Operations Manager, DRS, P2V, V2V, vCenter update manager, EMC VPLEX SRM, DMZ Environment, Citrix farm, Veeam Backup.