Dedicated professional with over 15 years of experience as a Network Engineer with a background in storage, networking, virtualization, cloud, information security, project management, customer service, documentation, and training. Skilled in Identifying and implementing technologies for facilitating business processes and strategic objectives.
Aruba wireless, Backup Exec, Brocade fibre channel switches, Cisco ASA, Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Meraki, Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco Routers, Cisco VoIP, Cisco wireless, Citrix XenApp, Commvault Backup, Compellent SAN, Dameware, DELL NAS, EATON, Exagrid storage, Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2016, Extron, GFI Mail Archiver, GIS, HP 3PAR SAN, HP Bladecenter, HP IMC, HP servers, HP switches, inGate SIPerator, ITIL/COBIT/LEAN/ISO 9000, Ivanti Patch Management, Juniper firewalls/switches, KEMP Load Balancers, LAN/WAN, ManageEngine, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft C#, Microsoft Hyper - V, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Powershell, Microsoft Skype, Microsoft VBA, NetBackup, NetBrain, Proofpoint E-mail Protection TAP/TRAP, Red Hat Linux, Shoretel VoIP, Site24x7, Solarwinds, Sophos Cloud Endpoint Protection, Sophos UTM/SG Firewalls, Sophos Web Protection, Statseeker, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012/2016, Software Pursuits SureSync, Ubuntu Linux, Unix, Veeam Backup, Visual Basic, Visual C++, VMware ESXi 4.x/5.x/6.x, VMware vRealize, VMware Site Recovery Manager, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
Systems Engineer/IT Engineering Manager
- Performed and monitored upgrades of hardware and software services for 1000+ admin and 2000+ craft employees and joint venture partners across 14 remote offices and 75 jobsites.
- Re-designed and deployed backup system using Veeam and Exagrid disk storage to replace aging Backup Exec and Commvault tape systems.
- Created architectural roadmap for transition to Microsoft Azure PaaS and IaaS cloud services.
- Migrated on-premises Microsoft Exchange e-mail system to Office 365.
- Configured and managed e-discovery systems using Commvault and GFI Mail Archiver. Deployed e-mail and web protection services using Proofpoint E-mail Protection TAP/TRAP and Sophos Web Protection resulting in reduced security events through malware and phishing attacks.
- Replaced existing Compellent SAN systems in primary and remote datacenters and migrated data. Installed and configured new HP 3PAR SAN and DELL NAS. Converted VMware hosts, HP Bladecenters and SAN storage to iSCSI from Brocade fibre channel switches reducing cost.
- Migrated existing Cisco ASA firewalls to Sophos UTM/SG firewalls.
- Installed, configured and managed Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, HP V-Series and Procurve switches. Participated in planning and deployment of Cisco Meraki integration with remote jobsites. Supported HP and DELL servers. Configured and managed KEMP load balancers.
- Configured and managed Cisco and Shoretel/Mitel VoIP phone systems.
- Replaced existing Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Points in all offices to increase capacity and improve performance.
- Re-designed core datacenter to increase capacity including re-cabling, routing, switching and firewall configuration.
- Re-designed VMware environment to provide additional capacity. Deployed VMware Site Recovery Manager and VMware vRealize for DR and performance monitoring. Installed Microsoft Hyper-V servers at all remote offices.
- Created, deployed and supported Windows servers for various roles including but not limited to file services, web services, RAS, Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD Connect and DirectAccess.
- Developed and managed disaster recovery plan.
- Migrated remote offices MPLS WAN connections from AT&T to Centurylink.
- Configured and deployed new Citrix XenApp 6.x environment. Migrated Citrix XenApp 6.x workloads to Microsoft RAS and decommissioned existing environment.
- Moved disaster recovery site from co-located Cox datacenter to on-premesis remote office datacenter.
- Supported enterprise applications including Deltek Vision, HCSS Heavybid, HCSS Heavyjob, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Meridian Prolog/Converge, Mobileframe, Morpheus, Primavera P6, ReportsNow, SAP Concur and Sumtotal.
- Escalation point for level 5 technical issues for external and internal customers.
- Managed core routing and switching infrastructure and services.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Network Engineer (Contract)
- Provided support for VMware ESXi environment, and configured/deployed Windows 2003/2008 virtual servers for various applications.
- Created processes, procedures and documentation for encryption of data at rest and in motion.
- Managed NetBackup services and processed data restore requests.
- Re-configured existing servers for PCI compliance.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
GIS Analyst (Contract)
- Created and managed large spatial datasets for water resources collected from various state municipalities using ESRI ArcGIS, ArcEdit, ArcSDE and Trimbal.
- Managed Azteca Cityworks user accounts.
- Trained and mentored junior Analysts.
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
Network Engineer/IT Manager
- Administered Windows 2003/2008 Servers.
- Managed Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Installed and configured Microsoft Exchange 2007 environment.
- Designed, implemented and managed Backup Exec and disaster recovery systems.
- Installed and configured datacenter including Juniper firewall, VPN, and Aruba wireless network.
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
Systems Administrator/GIS Analyst
- Assumed management of internal IT services.
- Implemented SQL based financial management system.
- Selected and deployed phone and building security systems.
- Installed and managed Red Hat Linux document management server.
- Designed and configured datacenter including power requirements, climate control and security. Installed rack enclosures and rack mounted servers and network equipment.
- Produced maps and processes for Civil Engineering purposes, including hydrology, FEMA, general plan, slope, market, parcel, land use, water/waste water, and zoning using ESRI, Adobe, and Autodesk products.