Obtain a position in Network Engineering or Operations management with a dynamic organization and apply my 18 years of Information Technology experience.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Currently possess over 18 years working experience in Information Technology. My positions have included Regional Network Engineering and Administration, Corporate and Enterprise Network Engineering and Administration, Technical Control Operator, and various other positions.
Senior Network Engineer
- Regional Network Engineer and administrator responsible for multiple external sites. Works numerous project based requirements for customers to include initial kickoff meetings, site surveys, engineering order design documentation, implementation installs, and configuration management documentation.
- Projects vary from new site standups, building moves, user growth, equipment upgrades, and site optimization. Provides operation and maintenance of existing sites. Travel to site if issues cannot be resolved remotely. Work with multiple network vendors for equipment replacement and technical assistance.
Network Administrator Senior
- Responsible for network related issues for all Confidential external sites Confidential .
- Assist government and contractor leadership with various network solution proposals.
- Worked together with other government agencies to come up with common networks solutions.
- Travel to customer sites and address any network related issues and discuss future projects and upgrades.
- I have been directly involved in numerous site upgrades to include ATM to ethernet WAN transitions, building relocation projects, network security inspections, routine installs, and circuit bandwidth analysis optimizations efforts.
- Design network solutions for corporate and regional based customers.
- Conducted Technical Assessments and site surveys based on project requirements.
- Created Build of Materials based new designs and customer needs.
- Draft and finalize Engineering Orders for Network Administrators to implement.
- Provide troubleshooting and installation support to Network Administrators.
- This included an emergency deployment of network expansion for US
- Designed, installed, and configured the expansion of the cooperate networks to our regional customers at various locations worldwide.
- Conducted site surveys and implementation plans for numerous installs. Produced survey packages and bill of materials.
- Recommend different engineering solutions to ptimize network sustainment and management. Installed and configured routers, switches, and VTC suites. Setup workstations with final configurationsconducted security scans, and installed various software. Worked with WAN providers to order circuits to customer sites.
- Troubleshoot development deployed sites when issues are present.
- Responsible for operations of day shift network team.
- Worked and assigned trouble tickets to technicians.
- Reviewed engineering orders for content and accuracy.
- Coordinated network outages for maintenance and new installs.
- Assisted in network architecture surveys and made implementation recommendations based on customer requirements, projected future growth, and scalability.
- Maintained an accurate shift schedule.
- Trained technicians in various tasks and troubleshooting procedures.
- Performed duties in absence of Site Lead 2 to 3 times a week.
- Configured Marconi ATM switches, Cisco switches, and routers, along with KG encryption devices on a diverse ATM WAN connecting multiple sites.
- Reviewed switch and router configurations to produce documentation and drawings using NetViz and Visio.
- Actively keep all systems up and operational often assisting remote sites with network issues.
- Monitored the network with Agmems management tools to isolate faults and assist in troubleshooting.
- Build PVCs and SPVCs per customer or project bandwidth requirements Contributed to a Network wide upgrades and site consolidation of equipment.
- Configured new VLANs as needed to optimize network performance and security expansion.
- Performed periodic OS upgrades on various Cisco and Marconi network devices.
- Conducted peer reviews of engineering orders for accuracy and content Deploy to different sites when needed to isolate problems that cannot be resolved remotely.
IT Specialist Techcontrol Operator
- Provided 24 - hour support for a Techcontrol facility. Utilized circuit control functions to isolate and resolve link, trunk, and circuit outages.
- Operated Promina, Cisco systems, Timeplex, Fireberd Test sets, and numerous encryption devices. Operated several monitor platforms to include
- Advanced Fault Management System (AFMS) to monitor circuits. Working knowledge of Remedy and Panaview systems.