- Over 10 years of experience in Windows 2012/2008/2003 and 2000 Server Administration.
- Extensive experience providing technical support and troubleshooting of desktop PC’s and laptops.
- Proficient in Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Remote Desktop.
- Extensive experience upgrading laptops, desktop and server components (RAM, HDD, SSD, MB, PSU, etc.).
- Great ability to repair and maintain peripheral devices.
- Strong networking skills (e.g. routers, hubs, switches, firewalls, wireless, etc.).
- Strong ability to learn new skills, adapt to changing environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good team player with good communications skills.
- US Citizen, authorized to work in United States for any employer.
Server OS: Windows Server 2016/2012/2008 R2/2003
Desktop OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP, Mac OS.
Applications: Microsoft Office 2010/2007/2003, Office 365
Networking: TCP/IP, NAT, VPN, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP
Servers: Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2010
Services: Active Directory, GPO, SCCM, WSUS, IIS, SharePoint SBS 2003, Terminal Server (RDS, Citrix)
Programming: MYSQL Query
Virtualization: Virtual PC, Oracle VM Virtual Box
Antivirus: Kaspersky, Norton
Other: RAID, NAS, SAN
Windows System Administrator
Confidential , Los Angeles, CA
- Installation, configuration, support & maintenance of networks mostly with Microsoft products.
- Made recommendations and developed technical design for new application features.
- Administered DNS, DHCP and WINS.
- Configured AD and created group policies for domain and for specific OUs.
- Resolved virus and malware issues.
- Providing emergency support, as required and troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Troubleshoot printers, scanners, and copiers (HP, Canon, Xerox, Samsung).
- Maintain LAN and WAN networks.
Windows Systems Administrator
- Worked on a project to install GPS software and hardware on the buses for monitoring.
- Responsible for create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Maintained and supported 4+ servers, 150+ desktops running Windows 2000/XP/7.
- Perform purchasing of hardware and software to meet the user’s needs.
- Configure and administer web server, support corporate website.
Junior Windows Systems Administrator
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Created company manuals for computer policy and procedures.
- Handle 30+ phone calls/day, providing hardware and software technical support.
- Upgraded or replaced all Windows 2000 servers with Windows 2003 R2/2008.
- Configuring, Implementing and managing Microsoft Exchange mail server.
- Supported and consulted with about 30+ companies.
- Built network for 200+ workstations and 5 servers in central office.