- Over 7+ Years of experience in implementing and Managing enterprise scale VMware VDI Infrastructure.
- IT System Administrator skilled in multiplatform VMware, Linux, Windows environments with hands - on expertise in networking and system integration.
- Expertise in administration of VMware Workstation, ESX/ESXi Servers, VMware vSphere and Windows Servers 2008/ 2008R2 / 2012/ 2012R2 and managing Microsoft SQL Server .
- Installation, Configuration, Administration Virtual Center Server, VMware View, Disaster Recovery, VMotion, P2V, P2P, V2V, VMware Update Manager.
- Administration of Active Directory in Windows environment. Managing Active Directory issues such as: Logon Failures, Account Lockouts, Group Policies, Network Connectivity, DNS and WINS Name Resolution, Authentication Problems, File and Printer Permissions etc.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transformation & Loading of Data using Shell Scripting, SQL & DB2.
- Experience in Configuring Networking on Standard vSwitch, Distributed vSwitch.
- Experience in configuring VMware DRS Rules and VMware HA on Clusters in Virtual Center.
- Capable of administering ISCSI, NAS and NFS storages. Familiar with RAID concept.
- Expert in maintaining Business Continuity and performing Disaster Recovery (DR) using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
- Created Raid Groups, Storage Groups, LUNs and assigned LUNs to Windows and VMware hosts.
- Experience with VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) VMware View in an enterprise environment.
- Installation, Configuration & Troubleshooting of hardware including Tower, Rack & Blade Servers.
- Responsible for LAN/WAN network communications, operations, hardware and application software for intensive segment of Rackspace's customers
- Ability to build scripts and automated solutions using shell scripting and Python.
- Good knowledge in automation technologies like Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Helped standardize and implement the scheduled maintenance plan documentation process.
- Experience on AWS cloud services in EC2
- Cisco UCS 5000 Chassis implementation with B200 M2 blades.
- Installed configured and updated firmware on UCS C210 servers for physical migrations.
- Experience in setting up of Docker and creating new images and getting images from Docker Hub, worked on Docker images and containers for deploying applications.
- Experience with Hitachi & NetApp storage.
- Experience on working with Jenkins and its AD authentication.
- Ensured full and incremental data backups were successful; performed data restore for users as needed using HDID, HDPS.
- Good Knowledge on Ceph.
- Experience in configuring Brocade & Cisco Switches.
- Experience on Compute Blades & UCP solution.
Virtualization Monitor, Analyze, Identify and Troubleshoot issues of Virtual infrastructure products - VMware vSphere suite 6.0/ 5.0 including VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESX/ESXi servers .
Confidential - Santa Clara, CA
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Administration and management of Virtual infrastructure environment - monitor, analyze, identify and troubleshoot issues, upgrade of Virtual infrastructure products - VMware vSphere suite including VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESX/ESXi clusters, Virtual machines and templates; VMware Site Recovery manager for Disaster recovery of environment; physical to virtual migration (P2Vs); Microsoft hyper-v, Citrix virtual desktop support.
- Administrating production server's/network infrastructure that includes Windows Administration of Domain Controllers, File and print Servers, ADS, DNS, DHCP, and other Application Servers on Windows 2003/2008/2012.
- Installed and Implemented VMware ESXi host servers with vSphere Client, vSphere CLI. Configured HBAs and iSCSI SAN storage.
- Experience with Cisco UCS server blades with VMware ESX deployments on Cisco UCS
- Administration of Active Directory in Windows 2008/20012 environment and managing Active Directory issues such as: Logon Failures, Account Lockouts, Group Policies, Network Connectivity, Authentication Problems, File and Printer Permissions etc.
- Manage VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), vMotion and High Availability (HA) Clusters.
- Creating and Deploying of Virtual Machines from Templates and creating Snapshots and Cloning of Virtual Machines for future Deployments.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure, involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, resource groups.
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008 R2,2012 Servers on Virtual Machines and Citrix virtual desktop support.
- Exchange/Office 365 support, maintenance and administration.
- Install, configure and maintain the virtual environment utilizing VMware Horizon View
- Designed, implemented and supported VMware Virtualization technologies and EMC storage
- Responsible to analyze complex SQL queries and create stage tables in database to perform code execution.
- Maintained SAN and storage technologies with the help of EMC hardware.
- Manage OpenStack infrastructure upgrades, expansion, scaling, troubleshooting and debugging for number of clients on the most challenging, complex environments.
- Created and Configured Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris Virtual Machines in AWS using EC2.
- VMs migration across the ESXI servers using advanced features like VMotion.
- Configured Cloud Watch and Nagios to monitor real-time granular metrics of all the AWS Services and configured individual dashboards for each resource Agents.
- Involved in Pair programming (Extreme Programming/XP), Estimation and Planning. Followed both Agile and Waterfall design models.
- Experience in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, FTP environment, Virtual Server Administration, and Patch Management on Microsoft Windows Servers.
Environment: VMware VDI, VMware vSphere, VMware vCenter, HP blade/Rack servers, Cisco UCS, Cloning, Migration, Templates, Snapshot's, and Patch Management tool, EMC, Microsoft Azure, VMware Horizon, VMware Realize Operation Manager, VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), Hitachi Blade servers.
- Monitor, analyze, identify and troubleshoot issues, upgrade of Virtual infrastructure products - VMware vSphere suite 5.0/4.0 including VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESX/ESXi clusters, Virtual machines and templates.
- Implementing Group Policy, Managing and Monitoring Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Managing and monitoring Domain Name System (DNS).
- Experience in configuring VMware DRS Rules and VMware HA on Clusters in Virtual Center.
- Experience in creating and monitoring Resource pool for Virtual Machines Resource.
- Extensively managed Active Directory like all the problems related to user accounts, domain accounts, managing permissions etc.
- Following the Agile process as requirements are evolving.
- Creating Virtual machines, Templates, Cloning and Deploying Virtual Machines.
- Provided infrastructure support.
- Worked on installing Chassis, Blade servers and configuring Blade servers.
- Handled hardware issues dealing with RAID, SCSI controllers & Host Bus Adapters (HBA).
- Responsible for Active directory, Domain users, Administrating users & groups & given appropriate permissions & privilege to access our LAN & Domain environment.
- Maintained Linux servers in production and development environments.
- Worked with Linux file system types and volume management.
- Modifying scripts to automate common tasks with PowerShell or Power CLI.
- Backup and restore of VMware host server configuration, Virtual Machine backup and snapshot.
- Performed Troubleshooting on Hosts, VMs, Windows servers and virtual Switches in the Datacenter.
- Performed P2V, V2V Migration, Created clones and templates of Virtual Machines.
- Perform on-call support for the IIS runtime issues, browser issues and user authentications issues in the production environment.
- Installing and Implementation of VMware ESXi 5.0 host servers with VM ware vSphere Client, vSphere CLI and also Configured HBAs and iSCSI SAN storage.
- Involved in operational support of Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP enabled applications.
Environment: VMware vSphere 5.0, 5.5, VMware vCenter, HP blade/Rack servers, Cisco UCS, Cloning, Migration, Templates, Snapshot's, Patch Management tool, VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), VMware HA and DRS
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Implementation, Maintenance & troubleshooting of Red Hat Linux.
- Experience using LVM creating VGs, LVs, and disk mirroring.
- Creating users, managing user permission, maintaining User & File system quota in Red hat Linux.
- Setting up cron schedules for backups and monitoring processes.
- Updating YUM Repository and Red hat Package Manager (RPM).
- Experience working on boot loaders like GRUB and LILO and also upgrading Kernel on Red hat Linux servers.
- Configure SSH server for password less login, secure ssh logins and restrict ssh logins to local network using iptables.
- Configured firewall using iptables for system security.
- Disk and File system management through Logical Volume Manager (LVM) on LINUX and experienced in RAID 1, 5, 10, configuration.