- 8 Years of experience in IT industry with managing and maintaining various Network Infrastructure, remote support requirements and IT security.
- Deeply involved in Cybersecurity frame work, Threat analysis, Vulnerability assessment and Penetration testing and perform risk analysis
- Experienced in Vulnerability scanning tools, as well as network security and monitoring tools such as IDS/IPS, Nexpose, Qualys, Splunk and Wireshark.
- Analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and investigate security - related anomalies with various tools such as AlienVault SIEM, Imperva Secure Sphere Web Application Firewall, Barracuda WAF and SCCM
- Analyze and investigate logs, payloads, and packets in IBM QRadar SIEM including Sourcefire IDS, Palo Alto Firewall, Checkpoint, Windows Server, Linux Server, and Symantec Endpoint Protection for remediation.
- Performed the review of a newly implemented Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) system. Reviewed technical specifications for SIEM, logging and proposed recommendations to improve the overall deployment of the solution
- Experience on vulnerability assessment and penetration testing using various tools like BurpSuite, DirBuster, OWASP ZAP Proxy, NMap, Kali Linux, and Metasploit.
- Developed correlation rules for Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) system. Reviewed the solution implemented for "log forwarding" from various network devices to HP ArcSight central logging for alerting and security monitoring
- Implemented, administered network security programs, enforced security policies and complied with security audit findings.
- Experienced with firewalls like FortiGate, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, and Juniper SRX.
- Cloud/SDN Services - Azure, AWS, Cisco ACI, Cisco DCNM, OpenStack
- Supported Azure DevOps development of PowerShell command scripts custom PowerShell cmdlets to configure, verify and monitor: networks, security, routes, IP-Forwarding, VMs and cloud service roles
- Implemented NIST and ISO technical controls on Network and Security devices by following the security standards provided by DOD guidelines
- Experience with enterprise-class security products such as web proxy, reverse proxy, load balancing, IDS/IPS, DLP, Firewall, IPsec/SSL VPN, WAN/LAN, wireless and remote connectivity.
- Experienced in Authentication, Endpoint Security, Internet Policy Enforcement, Firewalls, Web Content
- Filtering, Database Activity Monitoring (DAM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions.
- Led a comprehensive security infrastructure upgrades of SIEM, QualysGuard, maintaining Microsoft
- Active Directory, routers, switches, and Symantec backup.
- Performed Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) audits and ensured appropriate implementation of FISMA and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security requirements and processes on computers, systems and networks.
- Experience in Service Validation, Gateway support and Troubleshooting Network & Security infrastructure on routers, switches & firewalls
- Good working Experience with Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Nexus 7K, 5K and 2K series, Load Balancers and Firewalls
- Experience in configuring/administrating technologies including Checkpoint and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience in WAF - Imperva, AWS WAF, Akamai WAF
- Exposure to LAN/WAN setup, installation, configuration and troubleshooting on Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Nexus Switches, Firewall, Proxy, VPN Concentrator.
- Acceptable Risk Security and Privacy Controls for Exchanges" through my experience and familiarity with MARS-E v2.0 catalog of controls and the NIST r4 guidelines.
- Expertise in Configuration of Virtual Local Area Networks using Cisco routers and multi-layer Switches and supporting STP, RSTP, PVST, RPVST along with trouble shooting of inter-VLAN routing and VLAN Trunking using 802.1Q
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, VLSM and ARP, reverse & proxy ARP, Ping Concepts.
- Experience in designing, deploying and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, Frame-Relay, Ether-channel, IP Routing Protocols - (RIPV2, OSPF, EIGRP & BGP), ACL's, NAT, VLAN, STP, VTP, HSRP & GLBP.
- Analyze network & system responses and determining tuning recommendations to improve performance
- Experience with devices Palo Alto Network firewalls such as security NAT, Threat prevention & URL filtering.
- Experience in F5, Cisco ACE 4710, F5 load balancers - LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 5000, 2000 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Experience in implementation, configuration & troubleshooting of Access Control Lists (ACL), NAT and Cisco IOS
- Cisco ASA Firewall troubleshooting and policy change requests for new IP segments that either come on line or that may have been altered during various planned network changes on the network.
- Extensive Knowledge on the implementation of Cisco ASA 5500 series and Checkpoint R 75 firewalls.
- Worked as Network engineer supporting CISCO routers, switches, Bluecoat proxy servers.
- Worked on NXOS, IOS, and IOS-XR BXB to N7K-NXOS (MPLS) system test.
- Good working experience on CISCO NEXUS data center infrastructure with 5000 and 7000 series switches includes (5548, 7010) including CISCO NEXUS Fabric Extender (223, 2248).
- Developed workflows and procedures for email monitoring in support of the Data Loss Prevention(DLP) program.
- Implementing security policies using ACL, PIX firewall, ASA and Routers
- Experience in Implementing Symantec Data Loss Prevention in Three Tier architecture for Enterprise organizations and integrating DLP with Exchange Server and Data Insight.
- Worked on Implementing Symantec Data Loss Prevention(DLP) to secure all end points
- Participated in the deployment of QoS in the network focusing mainly on VoIP services in the network
- Extensively worked on Cisco catalyst router 6509 and implemented VSS along with VDC and VPC on Nexus 5505, 7010 switches
- Strong hands on experience on PIX, Firewalls, ASA 5500 series firewalls. Implemented Security Policies using ACL, IPSEC, SSL, VPN, IPS/IDS, AAA (TACACS+ & RADIUS)
- Hands on experience in Installation, Administration and Configuration of Splunk Enterprise and integration with local legacy systems
- Implementation of Data Center migration from 6500 based Data Center to Nexus based data center with 7k-5k-2k dual home design with multiple VDC's, VPC, OTV and FEX
- Configured ASR 1K routers as the companies head end WAN routers and implemented BGP with VRF and OSPF instances running parallel
LAN/WAN Technologies: Ethernet/ Fast Ethernet/ Gigabit Ethernet networks, VLANSVTP, STP, PVST, RSTP, 802.1W, Frame Relay, ISDN, PPP, MPLS, leased lines and exposure to PPP, HDLC DS1, DS3, OC3, OC12, OC48, T1/T3 and E1/E3
Routing/ Switching: Cisco routers (7206 VXR, 4431, 4331, 3945, 3925, 3845, 29012811, 2620, 2612, 1900, 1800, 800) Cisco Catalyst switches (6800, 6509, 6506, 6513, 3750, Catalyst 37xx stack, 3550, 2960, 2800, 1900 series), Cisco Nexus (7000 series 10- slot switch, 5548P, 5548 UP, 2248TP. 2248TP-E, 2232PP), VPC, VDC, OTV
Security: Cisco ASA 5500 series (5505, 5512-X, 5525, 5545) and PIX 515E, 525 series, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, IPsec VPN Configuration, RADIUS, TACACS+, IDS/IPS, 3060 VPN Concentrator, PKI, ACL, NAT/PAT, Route maps
Wireless: Autonomous AP's, Lightweight AP's, Cisco Wireless LAN, Airdefense Services Platform(ADSP), Wing Controller, Cisco AP Controller 2400, 5500 Series, WDS, and WLSE, Standards 802.11 a/b/g
Management Tools: Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Solarwinds, Firemon, Cisco NCSNetMRI, Show and Share, Wireshark, NetQOS Super-Agent
AT&T Tools: Snooper, Balance Manager, IWOS
Operating Systems: UNIX, LINUX, Sun Solaris, Mac OS, Windows server 20002003, 2008, Windows 7/NT/ XP/Vista, Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XE, Cisco NX-OS, VMware
Tools: Wireshark, Tcpdump, VMWare, Splunk, Nessus.
WAN Optimizer: Riverbed Steelhead Appliance viz: SaaS, IaaS, DHCP and DNS Infoblox
Programming: C, C++, MATLAB, Python, Perl
Documentation: MS-Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), MS-Visio, SharePointGoogle Docs
Confidential, Cumberland, RI
Information Security Engineer
- Responsible for Data Loss Prevention(DLP) configurations, monitoring activity, AirDefense configurations and threat detections
- Configured the DLP tools, worked on scripts and provided support to team with info on daily meetings, activities.
- Responsible work Fidelis configurations, worked on tools on threat prevention and information security on both mail exchange and share drives.
- Worked on Fidelis, Worked on license additions, monitoring and ldap. Monitored through debug, threat prevention and detection process and configs are peer reviewed by teams
- Experienced in Vulnerabiliy scanning tools, as well as network security and monitoring tools such as IDS/IPS,Nexpose,Qualys,Splunk,and wireshark.
- Worked on corporate and retail environment Airdefense set up and firmware upgrades, sensor set up, application monitoring
- Airdefense sensors set up for scanning and security, Cisco AP's are set up for general networking and internet access.
- Inspected configuration, checked configuration compliance, test IT Controls functionality and inspected logs. Reviewed signatures within IDS/IPS tools (Snort) to ensure signatures are up to date to minimize false positive and false negative in the System.
- Work on escalations and activates new turn up for new clients and also advance troubleshooting for the SDWAN deployment in both ISP and network infrastructure on both versa and cisco viptela SDWAN Solutions
- Working experience with Datacenter Switches such as Nexus 2K, 5K and 7K.
- Implemented Zone Based Firewalling and Security Rules on the Palo Alto Firewall
- Managed security firewalls such as ASA and Fortinet firewalls in datacenter environment.
- Used Azure Powershell and Runbooks to automate Azure tasks
- Configured email relay and alerts in the environment., Configured syslog’s for the application.
- Provide assistance to system owner, enclave, and/or site personnel by reviewing and completing required system documentation and SOPs addressing cybersecurity requirements for assigned systems.
- Prevented various malware attacks using IDS and IPS which are identified by signature based and anomaly-based engines
- Worked with Cisco ACI for the virtual network and SDN.
- Provide a MARS-E v2.0 SAR based on the CMS SAR template: Executive Summary, Security Review Results: Includes a security control review summary for each control family in MARS-E v.2.0, a description of all issues and findings for each control, recommendations to bring controls into compliance, and the complete results of all system scanning, including an associated vulnerability analysis.
- Experienced in Authentication, Endpoint Security, Internet Policy Enforcement, Firewalls, Web Content Filtering, Database Activity Monitoring (DAM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
- Highly skilled in deployment, data security and troubleshooting of the applications using AWS services.
- Activates and Deploy SDWAN appliances for customers on Mpls circuit and DIA circuit and able to get it running on MPLS VR, INTERNET VR and LAN VR of various customers in accordance to their network design with BGP, OSPF, RTP,SIP, and other protocols
- Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models
- Update and create policy documents to comply with the DoD RMF and the Inspector Audit system logs and build alerts and searches using the SecureVue Security Incident and Event Manager (SIEM)
- Managed the large security, risk and compliance initiatives of SOX-404 IT, PCI DSS and HIPAA/HITECH, Privacy Act, FFIEC, FTC including security policies, procedures and controls.
- Coordinate Symantec DLP, endpoint protection manager and anti-malware bytes exploit for endpoints agent and software upgrades. Experience in cloud security, threat monitoring, and prevention.
- Identified the vulnerabilities and non-compliant issues in the network and applications using vulnerability scanners and SIEM tools.
- Extensive level of experience on Network firewall security like Palo Alto, ASA, IPS/IDS, checkpoints, NGX R65 Gateways, Secure Platforms.
- Assisted with all audits review related to Dealertrack DLP application and Dealertrack website access control
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups (ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, CloudTrail.
- Defined project scope, produce the MARS-E v2.0 IT audit project plan, which includes: A description of assessment activities and timelines, a process for reviewing potential findings and recommendations with AHIM, and an IT audit assessment controls checklist using the MARS-E 2.0 documentation.
- Collaborated with other departments in investigations for HIPPA and PCI violations.
- Supporting the operational needs of customers using Stealthwatch for network security and forensics.
- Developed shell Python scripts to automate the maintenance process.
- Hands on experience in conducting Web Application Security scan, Ethical Hacking using commercial and non-commercial applications and methodologies such as SANS Web application assessment, OWASP Top 10 and CVSS Scoring using IBM App Scan.
- Worked in IDS/IPS to trigger the alerts which intern used for forensic purposes
- Utilized Splunk for monitoring and reporting purposes and to identify potential threats.
- Configuring network devices to send Syslog messages externally, which contains the required amount of data for forensic and compliance.
- Responsible for auditing server and workstation security configurations and working closely with server support staff to take corrective actions where necessary
- Vulnerability assessment using tools such as Nessus and Qualys, and implementation of Security Policies. Knowledge in design and deploy of F5 LTM, GTM, APM, ASM solutions.
- Experience with industry recognized SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) solutions such as NITRO, Splunk, Forcepoint and many other tools.
- Oversee Vulnerability assessment /penetration testing of scoped systems and applications to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Participate in troubleshooting SDN/SD-WAN deployments
- Provide consultation regarding segmentation, security and policy of the SDN network
- Provided critical analysis of cloud access management capabilities for the Cybersecurity Architecture Review which serves as a baseline for evaluating Federal Civilian Agencies cybersecurity architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of FISMA, HIPAA and NIST Compliance usage, rules and regulations
- Use Splunk Security Manager to identify threats and assigned category.
- Strong understanding of DLP Architecture, Rules and Policies and its implementation
- Assist in the creation of an end-to-end technology strategy for SIEM to address current and future security concerns, emerging threats, regulatory compliance and alignment with technology and the business
- Provide support in security architecture, design, developing, monitoring and supporting enterprise infrastructure environment
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Network Security Engineer
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the design.
- Work experience with Palo Alto Firewalls 3000, 5000 series
- Deployed the Nexus 7000/5000/2000 architecture into production securing competitive advantage across multiple verticals.
- Performed routine monitoring of Checkpoint firewall from security perspective and troubleshooting the connectivity issues.
- Support of VMWare, Cisco, Juniper, and F5 Big-IP appliances as well as SDN technologies to include configuration updates, software testing, and life-cycle refresh
- Experience in Designing and assisting in deploying enterprise wide Network Security and High Availability Solutions for ASA firewall.
- Use Splunk Enterprise Security to configure correlation search, key indicators and risk scoring framework.
- Involved in the activity of DATA-Center migration of regular Cisco catalyst switches with the new Nexus2148, 2224T, 5548, 6018, 7010using F3/M3 line-cards with 10GE & 40GE interfaces and Supervisor 2E.
- Deploying and decommission of VLANs on core ASR 9K, Nexus 7K, 5K and its downstream devices.
- Analyze and test SDN/SD-WAN architecture and design.
- Upgrades, installs, configuration and administration security and monitoring tools on Linux.
- Responsible for design, implementation and management of email data loss prevention (DLP)
- Developed workflows and procedures for email monitoring in support of the Data Loss Prevention(DLP) program so-fareast-font.
- Performed system security audits and hardening of tactical communications and networking equipment.
- Install, configure, manage and troubleshoot Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Firepower, Sourcefire IPS appliances and Defense Center, Cisco WSA proxies and reporting, Cisco ISE Servers and policies,
- Involved in configuring Checkpoint (R76) Firewall rules and objects as per the requirements.
- Provided remote assistance for replacing exiting switches with new Cisco switches and configured various routing protocols like OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, MPBGP, LDP and BGPV4.
- Performing Vulnerability Analysis test for Firewalls and other network devices and providing the closures for vulnerabilities.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4. Configured IP access filter policies.
- Performing the ACL requests change for various clients by collecting source and destination information from them.
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings,DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing
- Maintained complex LAN/WAN networks with several VLANS and provided support for routing protocols and also providing secure sessions over internet using IPSec and SSL encryption.
- Managed SDN using vCentre application tool.
- Worked on Palo Alto firewalls in creating and implementing the policies required by the company.
- Designed and implemented DMZ for Web servers, Mail servers & FTP Servers using Cisco ASA5500 Firewalls.
- Part of IT security professionals and identified the security gaps relating to HIPAA and PCI DSS.
- Migrated, created, and managed pools and clusters in F5 BigIP GTM 3DNS load balancers across multiple Datacenters.
- Involved in Configuration of Access lists (ACL) on Juniper and Palo Alto firewall for the proper network routing for the B2Bnetwork connectivity.
- Remediation of firewall rules from checkpoint firewalls to Cisco ASA firewalls and their implementation.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Configuring, Maintaining the Routers and Switches and Implementation of RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP routing protocols and troubleshooting Remote infrastructure management of offices in different locations nationwide.
- Provide direct day to day support for various technologies such as: WAN technologies (MPLS, Frame Relay, etc.), Data Center infrastructure (VLANs, trunks, teaming, L2 & L3, etc.), Campus switching, Load Balancer and Virtualization, Routing protocol support (BGP, IEGRP & OSPF), VPN technology support, VoIP communications and infrastructure, enterprise wireless, RADIUS services, enterprise DNS / DHCP and other various enterprise technologies and services.
- Configure and Deploy VOIP servers, hardware, applications, and monitoring tools
- Troubleshooting and escalation management of day-to-day issues for offices. Managing Co-location and Datacenter infrastructure in North America.
- Expertise in simplify Palo Alto security infrastructure and prevent threats.
- Configured EIGRP and OSPF as interior gateway protocols with route filtering and route redistribution. Troubleshot complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP , OSPF and BGP .
- Responsible for all aspects of TCP/IP functionality across multiple enterprise environments.
- Performed OSPF , BGP , DHCP Profile, HSRP , IPV6 , Bundle Ethernet implementation on ASR 9K redundant pair.
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7010
- Involved setting up the TFTP server for backing up the IOS images and configuration files of Cisco Routers and Switches and troubleshooting the file servers.
- Designed and implemented DMZ for Web servers , Mail servers & FTP Servers using Cisco ASA5500 Firewalls.
- Generating RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for critical issues of layer1 / layer2 / layer3 problems.
- Provided redundancy to the network, implemented hot standby routing protocol ( HSRP ) and Load sharing for effective utilization of routers.
- Packet capturing, troubleshooting on network problems with Wireshark , identifying and fixing problems
- Implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting various routing protocols like RIP , EIGRP , OSPF , and BGP etc.
- Security policy review and configuration in Palo Alto and Junipers Firewall in US offices and Datacenter. Designed and configured of OSPF, BGP on Juniper Routers and SRX Firewalls.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco Switches (2900, 3500, 7600, 3700 series, 6500 series) Cisco Routers (4800, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2900, 1800, 1700, 800)
- Expertise in visibility and control of applications, users and content complement core Palo Alto Firewall features.
- Implemented Positive Enforcement Model with the help of Palo Alto Networks.
- Innovated with support of Palo Alto for remote and mobile users and for analyzing files for malware in a separate (cloud-based) process that does not impact stream processing.
Jr. Network Engineer
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco 2500, 2600, 3000, 6500, 7500, 7200 Series routers.
- Team member of Configuration of Cisco 7206 router with VPN and Configuration of Catalyst switches.
- Configuration 7609, 7606 with OSPF and catalyst 6505, 4500, 3550 switches with various VLAN.
- Configured Routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, static routing and policy based routing.
- Create and test Cisco router and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol, ASA Firewalls, and MPLS switching for stable VPNs.
- Configuration and troubleshooting link state protocols like OSPF in single area and multiple areas.
- Redesign of Internet connectivity infrastructure for meeting bandwidth requirements.
- Can skillfully design static routes, VPN, IPSEC in Palo Alto and ASA Firewall.
- Performed packet tracing using OPNET.
- Optimized performance of the WAN network consisting of Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches by configuring VLANs.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Providing Technical Support and solutions for Network Problems.
- Planned, tested and evaluated various equipment's, systems, IOSs and procedures for use within the Network / security infrastructure.
- Worked extensively on Cisco Firewalls, Palo Alto 3000 series and ASA 10/5540) series.
- Upgrading IOS, troubleshooting network outages.
- Participate in all technical aspects of LAN, WAN, VPN and security Internet Service projects including, short and long term planning, implementation, project management and operations support as required.
- Configured and troubleshoot cisco WAP, and cisco prime
- Hands-on experience in the network management of circuits using TDM and Frame Relay network, performing configuration and provisioning management, fault management and performance monitoring
- Created network diagram for employees using the Microsoft Visio.
- Preparing Client Machines for users with Operating Systems, Software, antivirus and required utilities and mailing clients etc.
- Primarily responsible in designing and maintaining the budget for the whole network.
- Perform daily maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration, and installation of all network components.
- Configuration of CISCO Routers (3600, 4000 Series) and 3550, 4500 series switches.
- TCP/IP network planning, Implementation and Management with subnets.
- Enabled SNMP traps for our Cacti Monitoring tool to monitor traffic and check the regular health of Servers and Network Devices
- Implementation of Virtual LANs across Routers and Switches.
- Implemented and Configured IP Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, and RIPv2
- Implemented and configured LAN Protocols: Ethernet, VLANs, VTP and STP.
- Worked with Remedy Ticketing tool in maintaining and keep a track of logs/monitor
- Designed and implemented IP Addressing, Subnetting, Route Summarization and Route Distributions
- Monitoring the Servers and Networks.