- Experienced VoIP engineer with a background in the test, deployment and maintenance of VoIP telecom networks.
- Over 13 - years of telecom technical experience in a carrier environment at all levels from operations to engineering with broad understanding of all facets of the telecom network. Calm demeanor in the face of difficulties; ability to manage multiple projects while working under pressure in fast-paced environments.
- Highly versatile; adept at quickly mastering new roles and responsibilities.
- Reputation for integrity, perseverance, and work ethic.
- Contributed in the development and documentation of testing, troubleshooting and maintenance procedures for the VoIP network architecture.
- Led the testing, integration and deployment of the following platforms: Sonus packet telephony solution, BroadSoft, Sansay Confidential /soft switch, ACME Packet Confidential, Cisco AS5300, Cisco IAD, Nortel GSP and Siemens EWSD international TDM gateway switches, Tekelec Eagle SS7 STP, Phoenix calling card platforms, TTI Network Monitoring System and various telecom network elements.
- Provided level III assistance to the NOC and installation team by interacting with vendor.
- Provided testing and traffic reporting capabilities.
- Led a SWAT team which identified and fixed any network deficiencies that could ultimately lead to a larger problem.
Protocols: SIP and extensions, H.323, MGCP, RTP, SIGTRAN, SS7 (TCUP/ISUP), ISDN PRI, CAS, TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP. Exposure to IMS.
Products: Cisco ISRs, Innomedia SIP SBCs, Sonus (GSX, PSX, SGX and ASX.), IPCB softswitch, Tekelec STP, ACME, BroadSoft, Cisco AS5400 Gateway, Cisco BTS, Quintum Tenor, Vocaltec, monitoring tools (Empirix & Wireshark).
Product Evaluations: Soft switches, Confidential, VoIP gateways, SS7 STP, class 4 tandem switches, calling card platforms, and network monitoring systems.
Platform Deployments: Sonus, BroadSoft, IPCB softswitch, ACME Confidential, Cisco AS5300, Cisco IAD, Nextone, Quintum and Vocaltec VoIP Gateway, Nortel GSP and Siemens EWSD international gateway switches, Tekelec Eagle STP, SP230 SS7 to C7 Signaling Converter, Phoenix calling card platform, TTI Network Monitoring System, transmission equipments (Tellabs DACS and Echo Cancellers, ECI and DSC DCMEs, Alcatel and RAD Muxes).
Senior VoIP Engineer
- Managed the planning and successful implementation of 3rd party OSS/BSS system that had significant impact in many areas of the business from billing to operations by serving as the main point of contact between vendor and internal customers for resolving all issues.
- Planned and tested proof of concept solutions for a simultaneous use of 2 virtual SIP IPs in a Sansay Confidential and eventually migrated 150 VoIP peering interconnect carriers with over one million minutes of traffic a day to a new IP network with minimal disruption.
- Implemented SIPp, an open Source SIP test tool / traffic call generator for continuous verification of vendor route integrity, immediate detection of grey (nCLI) routes and FAS in a chain of wholesale carriers by writing XML scripts.
- Employed a solution for continuous archiving of CDR files into the cloud by deploying SFTP gateway server that uploaded CDR files to an Amazon S3 bucket.
- Performed UI, functionality, interruption, forward compatibility, backward compatibility, and memory related testing of mobile applications.
- Recommend, tested, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation on Confidential
- Implemented overall solutions including development of design documents (dial plan, testing plan, etc.) and connectivity to legacy customer systems, including legacy TDM PBX systems (Avaya, Nortel, etc.)
- Provided day-to-day troubleshooting support to operations in VoIP networks, using Wireshark and cisco debugs
- Walked through with operations SIP call flow to ensure proper setup and tear down of VoIP/SIP call
- Applied extensive knowledge of multiple carrier SIP core infrastructure in order to integrate enterprise solutions and services
VOIP Tier 3 Engineer
- Implemented and troubleshot enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages.
- Troubleshot end to end SIP call flow issues in enterprise environment involving various VoIP elements.
- Create proof of concept solutions, including documentation and proof of concept designs of created VoIP systems
- Analyzed system logs and identifyied potential issues with Telecommunication
- Responded to escalated incidents and service requests from Service Delivery/Operations Teams
Senior analyst, technical
- Ensured VoIP functionality in production environment for commercial market.
- Served as a Tier 3 support for a team of enterprise SIP/PRI installers that handled over 600 installs per month on all customer premise equipment (Cisco IAD) configuration issues as well as carrier’s core network provisioning issues.
- Troubleshot end to end SIP call flow issues in enterprise market involving various VoIP elements.
- Provided pre and post-sale support to sales engineers within the business class group.
- Responsible for configuration management to ensure VoIP standard configuration.
- Implemented firmware upgrades of VOIP infrastructure components such as cisco gateways, Innomedia SIP SBCs.
- Provided on-going feedback and input on solution design to VOIP Product Engineering Team focusing on manageability, supportability and deploy ability
- Assisted in the development and documentation of policies, technical bulletins and procedures including an internal website/knowledge-base, 5-day readiness check as well as day of install checklist for enterprise SIP/PRI installation team.
- Supported vendors and clients on interworking issues between their PBX and Confidential core network such as PBX suppressing presentation of calling number, PBX not accepting E.164 globalized number format, Codec mismatch, call forwarding issues etc.
- Earned ‘Above and Beyond’ two years in a row for planning and implementing the seamless migration of 2,500 enterprise customers CPE’s (Cisco IAD) from registering to Time Warner’s legacy Cisco BTS 10200 network to new IMS based network.
- Provisioned & added subscribers in HSS
- Created weekly and monthly automated reports for upper management.
Sr. Field Service Engineer
- Interacted directly with customers to assist in troubleshooting activities, configuration and installation of Sonus equipment.
- Kept track of customer tickets, working and ultimately solving issues in a timely fashion.
- Escalated and prioritized software deficiencies via engineering bug tracking system.
- Resolved customer tickets on daily basis on diverse customer networks from carriers, to enterprises.
- Supported customers in their lab testing of Sonus products.
- Supported Verizon/BoA in their SIP Head-End Failover and Redundancy testing.
- Scheduled, and documented firmware and software upgrades for DSI, PSX and GSX in the field.
Senior VoIP Engineer
- Provided technical support to NOC in all aspects of the VoIP architecture from isolating problems to replacing faulty cards on all network elements.
- Served as the principal technical contact for all third-party vendors.
- Performed day-to-day activities required to manage Voice services, such as design, implementation, and management, to include troubleshooting of complex VOIP issues
- Coordinated with vendors in all upgrades of VoIP infrastructure and ensured production network is not affected by the changes.
- Responsible for configuration management of network elements thus defined standard parameters to be used in the network.
- Configured the core routing and translation features of the softswitch.
- Defined call performance measurements and fault alarms to be monitored by NOC.
- Provided the NOC the tools and procedures they need to effectively monitor and maintain the VoIP architecture
Senior Telecom Engineer
- Member of a team of four that defined the technical requirements evaluated vendors and eventually recommended the Sonus packet telephony solution among a group of 10 softswitch vendors.
- Provided top-notch technical support, leading initiatives to migrate network backbone from TDM to IP using Sonus packet telephony solutions.
- Managed the installation of Nortel GSP and Siemens EWSD switches in 8 international locations, providing onsite configuration, maintenance, routing and translations support from New York.
- Managed the installation, testing and maintenance of Tekelec Eagle STP.
- Led SWAT team that identified and addressed network flaws while responding to critical outages, leveraging resourcefulness and problem-solving skills to bring quick resolution and improve overall service.
- Served as member of Change Control Team, providing technical insights that averted problems and service outages during period when company was growing in leaps and bounds.