- Extensive telecommunications industry (domestic and international) experience encompassing all aspects of engineering, program/project management, sales support, proposal development, and design of complex telephony - voice and data networks.
- Experience also includes vendor management appropriation and coordination of activities associated with procurement of a variety of network components (PSTN switches, fiber optic transport, wireless, etc). Excellent managerial, supervisory and leadership skills. Background in development of capital program budgets, resource allocation, schedule, and timeline creation utilizing MS Office Suite, MS Project, Visio and Cell Tracker Asset Inventory Management system. Successfully engineered, project managed and implemented a multitude of multi-million dollar projects during my career.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Senior Business Proposal Development and Process Reengineering Consultant
- Primary responsibilities include right of way lease negotiations, customer site surveys, site selection recommendation, technical proposal review, broad gauge project pricing & cost budget development; generate technical bid specification/statement of work, submission of OEM product vendor procurement, project timeline & manpower scheduling estimation.
- As a program management consultant, responsible for the review of client current business practices, product marketing plans, process flows, organizational structures to determine most efficient use of capital, manpower and financial resources to reduce costs and increase profits through the use of available technology.
- Recent assignments completed involved a vendor search and solution recommendation assessment for a trucking & freight brokerage company for trucking fleet dispatch management software & GPS fleet equipment asset tracking products & systems solutions.
- Reviewed products/solutions from XATA, Carrier Solutions, Complete Innovations, AT&T, Sprint, XTS, Axon, Bolt, Q7 Frontline, Omni Info, Prophesy, McLeod software, TMW and Truckmaster 2000 are some of the solutions investigated and vetted.
- Services include preliminary network planning & design, vendor search, selection and network equipment solution options for 3G/4G/DAS/BSS/NMS/MVNO/WiFi/Wimax systems, network data centers, emergency backup power systems, fiber optic backbone and microwave backhaul radio sites. Interpret report and testing data from iBwave RF system tools. I was actively involved in the broad gauge budgeting and planning efforts of a rural last mile high speed broadband initiative for UCCC & NECCC regions of Northern California.
- Familiarity with vendor equipment manufacturers from Tecore Networks, Alcatel-Lucent, Commscope, TE, Corning, Ericsson, Cisco, Ciena, Calix, Trango, Airtight, Rose Electronics, Nokia Siemens FLEX and a myriad of other OEM hardware suppliers.
- Responsibilities include creating EF&I pricing estimate for telecom network equipment hardware such as RF hub & base station equipment, DWDM optical terminals, servers, routers, computer terminals, CEV cabinets/huts, towers, access points, UPS emergency backup power and other OEM vendor scalable systems & solutions.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Wireless Network Deployment Project Manager
- Employed as a project manager for municipal wireless mesh WiFi network service provider Capital program budget $4M- WiFi network equipment Cisco WLAN gateway servers, 2.4Ghz & 5.9Ghz 1500 series wireless access points. Primary responsibilities include gateway node site selection & acquisition, recommend radio topology design (point to point, point to multipoint),negotiate right of way(RoW) agreements, generate statement of works, construction permit applications, licenses, etc.
- Responsibilities while under the employ of Brosna (Kite Networks), I was involved in coordinating several beta field trials of 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz OEM in building DAS WLAN overlay systems for the AZ and CO markets as part of municipality WiFi service offerings. In conjunction with Kite Networks RF engineering personnel, worked to evaluate interoperability functionality with Cisco Airnet 1500 & 2500 series AP product line with OEM in building DAS node hardware products from Andrews (Commscope), ADC, and Owens Corning. Data center build designs in accordance to ANSI/TIA 942 standards.
- Perform initial beta site selection as per RF/F.O search ring criteria, negotiate building entry, cable riser and rooftop right of way lease agreement.
- Activities included submitting RFQ, BoM, SoW and purchase requisitions to vendors for associated equipment, engineering, installation, system configuration and software license activation.
New Business Development Director
- Capital program budget $2.5M Primary responsibilities to prospect potential clients within the NGO and private business sectors located in Afghanistan for commercial construction related projects. Duties include RFQ/RFP development for turnkey cell site/tower construction; perform customer site survey, acquisition contracts negotiations, procurement for commercial, civil road and telecom site construction.
- Generate and approve purchase orders for blast resistant concrete barriers, RF/MW Andrews Corporation antennas, Rohn & Jaggard steel towers, diesel generators/fuel, heavy equipment.
- Pin e Mar district, Kabul Afghanistan
- Capital program budget $40M; expense budget $22M.
- Primary overall program management responsibility for entire network engineering and operations projects for AWCC in country.
- Matrix line project management across Engineering, Operations, Planning, Finance, Procurement and Construction departments.
- This includes ERICSSON, NOKIA SIEMENS EWSD GSM BASED MSC/BSS/MW/IT/Billing platforms located throughout five regional provinces.
- Supervise and direct project managers to create scheduling of BSC/BTS cell site/RF/MW towers, pre/post RF drive test teams, network optimization planning, coordination of interoffice trunk group testing.
- Involvement includes transportation and logistics, equipment inventory, vendor technical management, RFQ/RFP development, contracts negotiations, procurement.
- Managed allocation of CAPEX and OPEX budgets for RF/MSC/MW/BSS/NMS engineering and installation efforts, BTS site construction. Generate and approve purchase orders for blast resistant concrete barriers, RF/MW Andrews Corporation antennas, Rohn steel towers, diesel generators/fuel, and heavy equipment. I had direct interface with every department within AWCC as well as dotted line reporting relationship with US headquarters office in NJ & VA.
- Associate of Applied Science-Electronics Engineering North Central Technical College.
- Bachelor of Science Business Administration Indiana Wesleyan University.
- Master of Science Business Management Indiana Wesleyan University.
- TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
- Class 4/5 switches- Alcatel-Lucent 5ESS, Siemens EWSD, AGCS GTD-5, Ericcson, Nokia, NORTEL DMS and associated GSM (800Mhz)/CDMA(1900Mhz) wireless based switching platforms from the aforementioned vendors.
- Wireless BSS- Siemens, Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia, Nortel, Motorola Base Station Controllers, transceivers.
- Digital Cross Connect Systems(DACS)-Tellabs, Alcatel, ADC
- Voice mail systems- OCTEL, Periphonics Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Centigram, vendor proprietary systems from NORTEL, Siemens/AGCS.
- PBX/ACD- Siemens/Rolm, Nortel Meridian PBXs (including automated call distribution center applications), Lucent(Avaya) Definity series PBXs systems.
- DAS-Commscope ION series products. Corning Mobile Access products, TE Flexwave Prism series products.
- DSL- Alcatel, Fujitsu, Copper Mountain, Cisco COT/DSLAM equipment.
- Microwave-Andrews Corporation, Argus/Commscope, Siemens AG, Trango Broadband Wireless, Peninsula Engineering Solutions (RF repeaters) NEC, Alcatel, Harris, Rohn.
- Fiber Optic Transport & Broadband-Nortel Accessnode, Transportnode, Magellan ATM Passport, Fujitsu FACTR, ADC, Rockwell Digital loop carrier systems, automated remote copper loop testing systems (4TEL Teradyne, RTEC) Stratex(Cisco) IGX, CISCO ONS-15454 scalable SONET/SDH Multiservice Provisioning Platform, Calix Unified Access products. .
- IP Network- Cisco 4000, 5000, 5500, and 7500 series LAN/WAN switches, Cisco 1500 series 802.11/16 wireless access points.
- Power systems DC/AC/UPS- North Electric, Lorain, Exide, C&D, AT&T, Newmar