- Results - oriented Network Administrator with superior problem-solving and critical thinking skills, as well as a meticulous attention to detail and methodical nature. Skilled in tackling problems in unique ways to develop innovative solutions.
Senior Network Administrator
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Load computer tapes and disks, and install software and printer paper or forms.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
- Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs.
- Implement and provide technical support for voice services and equipment, such as private branch exchange, voice mail system, and telecom system.
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases.
- Administering, Monitoring and designing LANS, WANS internet/ intranets using softwares like Solawinds.
- Analyzing and developing key components using methodology prescribed techniques .
- Investigation, diagnosing and revolving all network problems from the SeviceNow ticketing software
- Responsible for the maintenance of all pre packaged software aTroubleshot network problems and escalated expenses.
- Maintained network performance by performing network monitoring, analysis, and
- Established network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency.
- Advocated for end-users to perform testing and problem analysis for server, desktop and.
- Monitored network performance and provided network performance statistical reports for both real-time and historical measurements.
- Provided documentation on start-up, shut down and first level troubleshooting of processes to help desk staff.
- Consistently met deadlines and requirements for all production work orders.
- Ensured network, system and data availability and integrity through preventative maintenance and upgrades.
- Provided continued maintenance and development of bug fixes and patch sets for existing web applications. on the LAN.
- Backup & restoration of user data using Symantec Backup Exec
- Knowledge of ITIL incident, problem and change management.