- Specialized in Netapp Storage environments, installing, administrating, troubleshooting, and maintaining various Netapp storage filers and Ontap versions including Clustermode 8.1.2 P3.
- Desing and implement Cluster Mode environment and storage deployment.
- Designing and Maintaining backup and DR solutions.
- Architect storage solutions and work with management on budgeting.
- Strong virtuallization background with Vmware and San based storage environments.
- Managing igroups and configuring LUN for unix and windows hosts.
- Troubleshooting and managing CIFS Shares, NFS exports.
- Qtree and Quotas management.
- Configuring the snapshot for client basis and managing.
- Performing Snaprestore for volume and files based on client request.
- Configuring Snap mirror and managing the snap mirror relationship.
- Performed volcopy, ndmpcopy and aggrcopy.
- Creation of FlexClones volumes and Lun clone for testing purpose.
- Configuring De - duplication for the volumes for effective space utilization.
- Increasing Flex volume, Lun and Aggregate.
- Increased and created the lun via snapdrive and managing and scheduling the snapshots.
- Performing the Ontap Os upgrade and firmware upgrades.
- Physical Storage Management: Assigning Disk Ownership, aggregate, RAID-DP, Disk Scrubbing etc.,
- LIFs and VIF management.
- Coordinating with netapp support team for hardware failures.
- Managing takeover and giveback for Active/Active Configuration.
- Coordinating with windows and Unix team for server issue and giving suggestion
SOFTWARE: Data ONTAP 8.2 - P4, C-Mode 8.2.1, Snapdrive, SnapManager, SnapMirror, Snapshot technologies, Deduplication, Systems manager, Windows 2000, XP, and Windows 2003 server, Experience with SQL, SQL, Microsoft SQL, LINUX/UNIX, TCP/IP, OSI, Internet, Ethernet, Object Oriented programming C++, Java, Proficient in Web design, HTML, and PHP, computer and network security, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Server, Mac Osx.
NetApp Storage Engineer
- Design and implemented Clustered environment for NAS and SAN.
- Maintained NetApp storage devices including FAS6080, FAS3170, FAS3270, FAS3250 using CIFS, NFS, and Virtual technologies.
- Support of a heavy SAN environment with Vmware and thousands of virtual desktops and servers.
- Design and implement storage, backup and DR solution in the mixed environment of Unix/Windows operating systems.
- Configuring, troubleshooting the SAN from Esx servers to the back-end Netapp storage and ensuring proper load balancing across the SAN.
- Managing a heavy LUN environment and working on load balancing throughout the SAN.
- Apply SnapShot, SnapVault, SnapMirror disaster protection and recovery products for proper data management.
- Provisions storage based on standardized procedures as set forth by the policies and procedures of the company.
- Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance in accordance with policies and procedures and as determined by the Confidential maintenance requirements.
- Installed and configured FAS (fiber attached storage) SAN and NAS hardware and software products in accordance with NetApp best practices.
- Planned storage solution for NAS and SAN.
- Upgraded ONtap and firmware.
- Provisioned LUNs for VMware.
- Restored missing data from backup.
- Worked with architect to apply and maintain storage needs.
- Quota Management, Managing Backups on Netapp Systems using Operations Manager
- Creating volumes and qtrees using Systems manager and Filer View to Manage Storage space.