- 7 years of experience designing, planning, installing and configuring Linux Flavors (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu), 3 Years of Windows Server 2008 - r2/2012-r2, 4+ years on AWS in a DevOps Culture through Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and Automation of Infrastructure as Code.
- Administration and Architect of public and private cloud platforms (AWS).
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code. Experience in working with continuous delivery and build clouds with OpenStack and Azure.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances and setting up security groups.
- Setting up data in Aws using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Designed and distributed data across all the nodes in a Cluster on different availability zones in AWS Redshift and experienced in automating the infrastructure using Terraform in AWS console.
- Experienced in Blue/green deployment strategy by creating new applications which are identical to the existing production environment using CloudFormation templates & Route53 weighted record sets to redirect traffic from the old environment to the new environment via DNS.
- Excellent knowledge in Migrating servers, databases, and applications from on premise to AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Used Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services like Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud DNS, Cloud Storage and SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of Cloud computing architecture and implementation using GCP.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual instances for provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change by writing YAML code to automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Experienced in configuring Chef Server/Workstation and Bootstrapping Nodes, wrote Chef Cookbooks and recipes using Ruby Script. Performed testing with Kitchen and unit testing.
- Experienced with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and Kubernetes.
- Experience in version control using SVN, GIT and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Skilled at setting-up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell and Batch Scripts and supporting the developers in writing configuration-specs.
- Implemented Docker based Continues Integration and Deployment framework.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like MS Build Make file.
- Install, configure, modify, test & deploy applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx & Tomcat, and JBoss App Servers.
- Expertise in writing Shell Scripting using Ksh/Csh/bash and Perl to ease administration tasks.
- Experienced in installation, configuration and management of NoSQL tools such as SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, MongoDB & Cassandra.
- Good knowledge in various network services like DNS, NFS, CIFS, FTP, NIS, Samba Server, LDAP, Remote access, Security management and system troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise in Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby scripting languages for deploying applications on servers. Good knowledge on maintaining of application servers like Apache, Tomcat, JBoss etc.
- Monitored the servers and checked the network performance using Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch and logging tool ELK (Elastic, Logstash and Kibana).
- Experienced in creating and managing User accounts, Groups, Profiles, Security, Disk space and Process monitoring in Debian and RedHat Linux.
- Good knowledge in software unit testing, functional testing, integration testing and regression testing.
- Experienced in issue management tools JIRA, Clear Quest and Quality center.
Operating System: RHEL/CENTOS 5.x/6.x/7.x, Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS & SUSE), Ubuntu, Sun Solaris, DEBAIN, HP-UX, Windows.
CI/CD & CM Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Containerization Tools/ Application servers: AWS, ECS, Docker, Kubernetes
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, Docker swarm, and Apache Mesos.
Version control Tools: SVN, GIT, GITHUB, Bitbucket, ClearCase
Scripting: Python, Ruby, Perl, Groovy, Shell Scripting and Power Shell
Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, ServiceNow, IBM Clear Quest
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script, Bootstrap
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, AWS Cloud Watch, Splunk, and ELK.
Application Servers: Tomcat, JBOSS, Apache, IIS, WebSphere, WebLogic
Networking Protocols: FTP, TCP/IP, HTTP, POP, UDP, SMTP
Confidential - Worcester, MA
Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Worked on AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3 for Configuring and managing IaaS.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's.
- Experience in implementing new AWS instances and working with EBS and S3 storage, IAM.
- Designed and converted existing AWS infrastructure to ‘Server-less’ architecture deployed via Terraform which includes AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments.
- Worked on AWS Lambda with Amazon Kinesis and integrated Dynamo DB using Lambda for value storage and for streams backup.
- Developed Terraform scripts to build, change and version infrastructure as code, used AWS as provider and launch multi-tiered stack to be provisioned and configured with Terraform scripts.
- Created clusters of instances running on Kubernetes and pushing them into Google Cloud using Jenkins and deploying them into hosting environments using GCP's Containers as a Service (CAAS).
- Maintained and developed Docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in-house written Java services running on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) on Kubernetes.
- Performed day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of VMs and Docker swarm in Google Cloud Platform.
- Automating the Build Infrastructure for deploying services in dockerized environment using Jenkins, Sonarqube, Groovy, Docker and Splunk.
- Written Groovy script to call the function from the pipeline by writing pipeline in the job.
- Developed installer scripts using Python, Groovy and Linux for various products to be hosted on Application servers.
- Developed DevOps scripts in Groovy/BASH to automate the collection and analysis of Cassandra.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins and to configure Jenkins builds for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. Responsible for writing groovy script to automate the Jenkins pipeline for the applications.
- Worked with Ansible and Packer to build Jenkins master AMI. This includes Groovy to configure plugins configuration files and jobs deployed with DSL plug-in, Ruby, and Vagrant file to help with testing of that AMI and a Python script to help rotate old versions of the AMI.
- Created and deployed Kubernetes pod definitions, tags, labels, multi-pod container replication. Managed multiple Kubernetes pod containers scaling, and auto-scaling. Used the Kubernetes dashboard to monitor and manage the services.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks in creating Roles for Scalability and Reusability in Ansible and wrote playbooks for provisioning, orchestration, packages, services, configuration and deployment using Ansible.
- Installed packages on remote Agent less nodes through Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles. Wrote Ansible playbooks for securing a server provisioning, developing Scripts for automating regular tasks with Ansible.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure services using Ansible, shell and python scripts and Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds.
- Enabling customers to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, SVN and Git.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain as a CI/CD process, SVN/GIT with Devel/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Deployed, maintained and administrated QA and production application servers, including Apache, Nginx and Tomcat. Monitored applications using Nagios and Splunk.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios and Zabbix. Also implemented a Nagios monitoring system to notify of system issues.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management. Configured the ELK stack for Jenkins logs, and syslog's and network packets using the beats plugins like Filebeat.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Scanning the newly assigned LUNs to the serves and assigning them to volume group and increasing the file system using Red Hat volume manager.
- Provided drill down reporting for application teams to use in monitoring their application resource usage/performance, promote involvement of application development teams to make recommended changes to improve program performance.
- Insure impact of software releases to system performance and resource utilization of distributed and mainframe platforms are acceptable during load testing.
- Doing capacity Assessment for new requests of servers i.e. calculating CPU and Memory for new servers according to the current/future Applications running on the system.
- Provide responsive off-hours support in a 24/7 environment and ensure maximum availability of all servers and applications.
Environment: AWS, EC2, RDS, ELB (Elastic Load Balancing), S3, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Route53, Lambda, MAVEN, Nexus, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins CI/CD, Nagios, Jira, SHELL, Python, Ruby, VPC, Autoscaling, Apache, JBoss, Nginx, Tomcat, Bitbucket, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Service now, Cassandra, Kafka, Blue/green deployment.
Confidential - Harrisburg, PA
Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Good understanding of Cloud Platforms like AWS. Worked on several POC projects on AWS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation Templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, Internet Gateway, and NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web Applications.
- Implemented cloud services AWS and Implemented Bash, Perl, Python scripting.
- Worked on GIT (Git Hub) repositories as Distributed Version Control System.
- Installed and configured GIT to implement branching strategy which is suitable for agile development also provided continuous support and maintenance of software builds.
- Responsible for taking the source code and compiling using Maven and package it in its distributable format, such as a WAR file.
- Worked on integrating Git into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins Configured the services using modern DevOps tools.
- Refined automation components with scripting and configuration management using Ansible.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks from scratch in YAML. Installing, setting up & Troubleshooting Ansible, created and automated platform environment setup.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Automated the deployment process by writing Shell (bash), Python scripts in Jenkins.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Used Apache Tomcat for deploying the Java Web Applications.
- Experience in Designing, Installing and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications
- Configured and administered Jenkins pipelines for automated builds and responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
- Managed major architectural changes from single server large software system to a distributed system with Kubernetes orchestration.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins Master-Slave setup by enabling password less SSH login between server and nodes to manage and distribute the build work load evenly across different nodes.
- Configured central and distributed repository and assisted developers with branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control.
- Worked exclusively on VMware (Ubuntu 16.04) virtual environment.
- Worked closely with DBA Teams to adjust kernel parameters as per requirements.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins, Configured Proxy to get auto updates
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins.
- Created Pre-commit hooks in shell/bash for authentication with JIRA-Pattern Id while committing codes, limiting file size code and file type and restricting development team to check-in while code commit and resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in JIRA.
Environment: AWS, CloudFormation, VPC, Subnets, Nat, Bash, Perl, Python Scripting, git, maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, ansible, yum, Redhat Package manager, Apache Tomcat, SVN, GIT Source Control, VMware (Ubuntu), SMTP, Shell, Jira
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
Build Release/Systems Engineer
- Created VM shell and pushing the operating system using the kickstart server, creating of Kickstart images for the different version of Redhat Linux Operating system like 5.x & 6.x.
- Worked on the installation and setup of HP blade center C7000 hardware management using ILO console, creating the server profile and making the network and SAN virtual configuration using Virtual Connect in blade center C7000.
- Deployed and configured GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging and merge requests.
- Experienced in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds. Configured and Administered Nexus Repository and Artifactory.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins for deploying various kinds of Java based applications and running test suites. Setup ANT script-based jobs and worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Build and deployed scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move into different environments (QA, UAT & Prod) and created new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Worked on Hudson and Jenkins, for Continuous Integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments to create EAR, WAR and JAR files.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, release tracking and reporting on LINUX platform. Led Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration for all GIT Repositories.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Built deployment scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting Bash, Ruby, PHP PERL.
- Creating filesystems using Redhat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux servers, scanning newly assigned LUNs to servers and assigning them to volumegroup and increasing the filesystem using Redhat volume manager.
- Mounting & unmounting netapp storage LUNs to Redhat Linux servers and troubleshooting issues encountered, performance Tuning and Management for Linux/AIX server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Created filesystem and RAW logical volumes for the Oracle RAC based on the requirement, upgrading the kernel in all the Redhat Linux servers and creating initrd image to boot from the Upgraded kernel.
- Managing ESXi servers using the vSphere client and VCenter for managing the multiple ESXi servers, building Red hat Linux server in VMware ESX client through vSphere client. Working on SAN storage on ESXi servers and assigning the LUNs to the Virtual Machines running on the ESXi server.
- Adding storage to the cluster disks and increasing/ decreasing the filesystem in RHEL, creating Fence devices in the cluster, Creation Failover domains for the cluster and Flipover/ Failover test in between the nodes in the cluster.
- Installed and Configured SAMBA Server in Linux for accessing the shared files from the windows environment, configuring and Maintaining of Network File Systems like (N.F.S) and Auto mount in networks.
- Created and modified swap files and added swap space, managed NTP server and client configuration for synchronization of timing of all the server with the NTP server.
- Provided responsive off-hours support in a 24/7 environment and ensure maximum availability of all servers and applications.
Environment: Redhat, HP blade center, VM Shell, Git, Nexus, Hudson, Jenkins, Shell, Bash, Ruby, PHPPERL, Volumegroup, netapp, RAW, Oracle RAC, ESXi, vSphere, VCenter, SAN, cluster disks, SAMBA,NTP
Confidential - California, CA
- Installed and configured Solaris using CD media, Jumpstart and RHEL using CD media, Kickstart.
- Administered and troubleshoot Solaris and RHEL installed on Sun Fire and IBM blade.
- Implemented system upgrades including hardware, operating system and patch upgrades.
- Created, modified, and deleted users, groups and group memberships as per requirements.
- Installed and upgraded software packages for Linux and Solaris Servers using RHN and sun update manager.
- Support and Manage VMware 6.0 and 5.0 infrastructure, installation and configuration of vCenter Server.
- Experience in Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMW are Vm's as required in the environment.
- Analyzed and monitored resource utilization, and system performance using various system tools such as vmstat, sar etc.
- Made backups of the directories and files using the tar, gzip, and gunzip tools.
- Wrote Shell scripts for monitoring the systems and applications such as monitoring the processes in all the servers and run cron jobs using cron.
- Managed volume and file system using VxVM, SVM and ZFS on Solaris and LVM in Linux
- Configured NFS on Solaris and Linux servers.
- Created and maintained Solaris 10 zones.
- Installed Apache Web Server, Web Logic Application Server, and Oracle database in the servers.
- Configured domains, admin and managed servers in Web Logic application server to deploy Web/Enterprise applications.
Environment: Solaris, CD media, Jumpstart, RHEL, IBMBlade, AWS, EC2, VMStat, oracle, ZFS, NFS,Oracle database
Build/ Release Engineer
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Maintained necessary back-up of the important files and documented Linux scripts for future reference.
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
- Extensive experience with Version Control Management, Project Management, Work Item Customization, Build Services, Release Management, Reporting using TFS.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Jenkins and Installed Groovy plugin to Jenkins and worked on groovy scripts to add support for groovy projects.
- Configured Jenkins with SVN for appropriate release builds. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Subversion.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Building and monitoring in the project has been done continuously with a CI Tools like Jenkins.
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to IBM WebLogic application servers.
- Created build/deploy documentation in confluence for various applications.
- Wrote Puppet manifests files for all applications to manage the configuration files and to manage them as services.
- Implemented Puppet applies using Subversion and Cron jobs.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Designed workflows, screens, field configurations and components as part of Projects definition for JIRA as an administrator.
- Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in NEXUS repository.
- Implemented Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for Jenkins config and plugins files.
- Integrated Jenkins Build pipeline plugin for managing multi project jobs efficiently.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
Environment: Linux, Build services, TFS, Jenkins, Groovy Scripts, SVN, ANT, Maven, Nexus, JIRA, IBM WebLogic