Seasoned, accomplished systems architect with demonstrated history of optimizing system uptime, compressing time to deployment, and consistently achieving timeline and budget on deliverables. Analytical, inquisitive, tenacious problem solver and solution developer with deep expertise in maintaining, operating, developing, architecting infrastructure across a wide variety of environments. Thrive in dynamic environments with ample opportunities for and continual learning.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- System Design & Architecture | Change Management | Solution & Enterprise Architecture | Problem Solving | System Analysis
- Database Interaction & Support | Scripting | Automation | Troubleshooting | Technical Support | Backup / Recovery Solutions
- Performance Tuning | IaaS | Cloud Platforms | Written & Verbal Communication | Cross - Functional Teamwork
Technical Competencies: AWS SysOps Administrator | EMC Avamar | Veritas NetBackup | Veritas Cluster Server for Oracle AC Cisco UCS Manager (UCSM) | UCSM Perl API | Hitachi Raidcom | Hitachi Storage Navigator | NetApp Data ONTAP | Brocade Fabric OS | Brocade Monitoring Alerting Policy Suite | Naviseccli | Power Path | Symmetrix CLI | Unix | SAN | C/Bourne/Korn Shell Programming | PERL
Hardware & Systems: UCS-FI-6296UP | UCS-FI-6248UP | UCSB-B200-M3 | UCSB-B200-M4 | UCS N20-C6508 Chassis | Brocade 5300 | Brocade 6510 | Brocade 6520 | Brocade 8510 | NetApp FAS8060 | NetApp FAS8040 | VMAX-1 | VMAX3 | VNX7500 | EMC AFA250 F | EMC Celerra | EMC XtremIO AFA | Hitachi HUSVM | Hitachi HUS150 | Hitachi G600 | Brocade 12000 | Brocade 48000 | Cisco 9250 | Cisco 5548 | DMX 3000 DMX 3
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Supports the Enterprise SAN and SAN attached arrays, network attached storage ( Confidential ), Object storage, and disk based backup/restore technology in a mission/business critical environment. Day - to-day support of computing environments (e.g. AIX/Linux, Wintel,), typically teamed with data center operations, production support and escalation teams.
- Supports and Leads design and implementations of complex technology solutions across multiple Data Centers (co-production or active\active), often spanning multiple teams.
- Serves as highest-level technical resource for highly complex enterprise wide technologies. Leads complex troubleshooting efforts and root cause analysis.
- Works with various vendors to maintain equipment including firmware, service packs, security patches, etc to ensure the maximum performance, security, and availability of the systems.
- Leads capacity planning, system installations, upgrades, and other maintenance activities for enterprise and departmental systems.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Senior System Engineer
- Promoted in 2015 to lead the Compute and Storage team for the VMware Cloud group.
- Improved allocation process 70% and streamlined host storage provisioning process by creating a Perl script that utilized existing configuration files and automatically allocated capacity. Using the configuration file insured a repeatable process as well as a version history of what was done and when.
- Boosted storage availability and connectivity 60% by extending SAN fabric to multiple floors in company’s data centers.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Unix System Engineer/Acuity Contractor
- Increased reliability of Intraverse application 50%, eliminated crashes due to network congestion, and improved network utilization by analyzing TCP statistics and utilizing results to tune several parameters.