- Over 7+ Years of experience in IT industry with imperative concentration in designing and Orchestrating workflow and a strong technical background in deploying and maintaining in Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google cloud), Automation and microservices.
- Worked in a large Retail organization that Participated on the architecture solution team, provided design ideas, following industry best practices, code review, source code control, software build process, upgrades, testing/QA
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, Elastic Load - balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File System, RDS, DynamoDB, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, EMR and Elastic Search.
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, Logic Apps, Data Factory, Service Bus, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO), and SQL Azure.
- Build, deploy and migrate infrastructure to Azure utilizing ARM templates and some Terraform. Work with VSTS to create all-inclusive CI/CD process.
- Expertise in Virtualization technologies like VMware ESX/ESXI, CITRIX XEN SERVER/OPENSTACK and involved in the maintenance of virtual servers.
- Experienced in using cloud migration tools like Snowball, direct connect for migrating data from on-premises data centers to AWS Cloud.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Expertise in using Docker to run and deploy the applications in multiple containers like Docker Swarm and Docker Wave. Expertise in using Docker to containerize custom web applications and deploy them on Digital Ocean with Ubuntu instances through SWARM Cluster and to automate the application deployment in cloud using Vagrant.
- Expertise in Implementing a production ready, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure. Working on Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge on Nginx for the load balancer configuration using ELB, ALB in AWS.
- Expertise in using Mesosphere for clustering to provide efficient resource isolation and sharing across distributed applications or frameworks.
- Expertise in DevOps tools like Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack, Ansible, Docker, Subversion (SVN), GIT, Jenkins, Ant and Maven.
- Proficient on examining Cookbooks using food critics, implementing chef Recipes and deploying them into Amazon EC2.
- Hands on experience in using GIT to synchronize with the chef-repo, and then to manage it, as if it were source code.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes and used Knife commands to manage Nodes.
- Experience on automating the code using Chef and Python to build AWS environments autonomously.
- Experience with Configuration Management/Automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Expertise in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Hands on experience on automating various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and on Integrating Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Experience with migration of code base from SVN to GIT. Automation, designing and implementing continuous integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Experienced in writing Bash and Python scripts, Included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMI's and Scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Experienced with Version Control tools such as Subversion/Git, Clear Case, Stash and Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Stash, Source Tree, GIT Bash, GITHUB, GIT GUI and other command line applications etc for Branching, Merging Strategies, migrating projects from Subversion repositories to GitHub Enterprise repositories through Team Foundation server (TFS).
- Expertise on designing project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool and on building Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Developed Kafka producer and consumers, Spark and Hadoop MapReduce jobs.
- Identifying the Critical applications for System resource utilization (CPU, Memory, Threads etc.) & JVM heap size was monitored using AppDynamics . Creating Server-Side dashboards in AppDynamics to monitor the vital statistics and work with Admins to analyze the logs.
- Hands on experience on troubleshooting build issues, checking performance and generating metrics on master, along with jobs usage and number of builds being run.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Extensive hands-on experience with core expertise in design, development, and deployment applications into J2EE platform using core JAVA, Servlets, Struts, Spring, EJB, JSP, Web services, JPA.
- Strong knowledge/experience in creating CI pipelines With Git/SVN, Jenkins, Maven, NEXUS, Docker, and Kubernetes on AWS RedHat Enterprise AMI. and in automating deployment pipelines
- Good scripting knowledge on Pearl, Bash, Shell and Python.
- Skilled in various Atlassian Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Bit bucket, Bamboo, Confluence and IBM clear quest.
- Applied servers like Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms as well as wrote Bash shell scripts, Perl, Python and Ruby scripts in Linux.
- Providing Database Support to multiple platforms including SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL on client's systems.
- Experience in implementing and administering the monitoring tool Nagios for monitoring and alerting services for servers, CloudWatch, Splunk to monitor the logfiles, Network Monitoring, Log trace monitoring and the hard drive status.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Windows/Unix systems.
- Experience in configuration of Apache SOLR, Rabbit MQ, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, Active Directory, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, SendMail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Extensive experience in the full life cycle of the software design process including requirements definition, prototyping, proof of concept, preparing the test cases, design, interface implementation, testing, peer reviews, debugging and maintenance of .Net applications.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC methodologies like Agile, Waterfall and SCRUM.
- Excellent knowledge on release schedules with agile methodologies, agile operations, process and tools area.
Cloud Environments: AWS, Azure, Google cloud platform
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, MS SQL, NOSQL, Cassandra DB
Monitoring Tools: Tableau, Splunk, Dynatrace
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Hudson, Jenkins, XL release and XL deploy
Version Control Tools: Subversion(SVN), GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, JBOSS, WebLogic Web, RabbitMQ
Languages/Scripts: C, HTML, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, Chef, PHP, Ruby, Perl
SDLC: Agile, Scrum
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, Bootstrap, XML, JSON, XSD, XSL, XPATH
Operating Systems: Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux & Windows, CentOS, Debian
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud TrialSNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53:
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center, Remedy
Volume Manager: Logical Volume Manager, Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Expertise in implementation of Azure IaaS Infrastructure and PaaS Platform Services .
- Wrote ARM templates using JSON for Configuring Virtual Networks, Gateway Subnets, Setup DNS at the Virtual Network level, User Defined Routes (UDRs), Altered the security groups, NIC's and Azure VM's for internal applications.
- Part of installation of AEM 6.0 author & publish instances on to Development, Integration and automated the installation process of AEM on VM’s using PowerShell scripting.
- Setup/Configure production Azure environment for Product team by creating resource groups in each Subscription .
- Identifying opportunities to improve infrastructure that effectively and efficiently utilizes the Microsoft Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell , Cloud infrastructure.
- Monitored the Azure services by collecting metrics, activity logs and diagnostic logs using Azure Monitor .
- Configured the Point-site and site-site VPN for Azure network.
- Actively participated in creating Architectural diagrams for eDocs and CAF systems.
- Architect, develop, plan and migrate servers, relational databases (SQL) and websites to Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNet’s and subnets using PowerShell and ARM deployment models.
- Deployed VM's, Storage, Network and Availability groups/sets through PowerShell Script. Created Storage Pool and Stripping of Disk for Azure Virtual Machines . Backup Configure and Restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Backup .
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces (NICs), VMs and subnets.
- Script, debug and automate PowerShell scripts to reduce manual administration tasks and cloud deployments.
- Installed and configured SSL certificates to ensure web site security
- Responsible for configuring IIS security and windows firewall rules
- Configure, Implement, Secure and support Virtual Network and best security practices for single and multi-regional data centers.
- Worked on writing the PowerShell runbooks for provisioning the Azure VM's using the resource manager.
- Integrated Azure with docker Enterprise edition to create the Azure VM Scale sets for autoscaling, Azure load balancing and Azure storage.
- Built the on-premise PAAS with Docker and Azure services.
- Infrastructure buildout, maintenance, & automation: Collaborated with infrastructure team to maintain servers using Terraform for provisioning, Ansible for automating software configuration. Servers were spread across various regions/availability zones on AWS.
- Worked on designing and deploying a multitude application utilizing almost all the main services of the AWS stack (like EC2, ELB (Elastic Load Balancers), EBS, S3, RDS, SQS, SNS, VPC, IAM, Lambda, Auto scaling, Cloud Arch, Route 53 and Cloud Formation, Code Deploy) focused on high - availability, fault tolerance environment.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services & deployed application containers as Pods.
- Experience working on docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Proficiency in writing Docker files with best practices along with docker linting, Docker container management along with volumes, container-based DB and services, Docker Artifactory (Jfrog) configuration and setup.
- Installed and configured Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS and Kubernetes .
- Architected and designed Rapid deployment method using Chef and Ansible to auto deploy servers as needed.
- Focused on automation and continuous integration. Automated local development environment using Chef .
- Worked on Chef Workstation , boot strapping various enterprise nodes and setting up keys .
- Used Jenkins , Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server .
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform . Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform .
- Experienced in writing new plugins to support new functionalities in Terraform .
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAM roles and policies and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Used SonarQube for code quality. Built new Jenkins Jobs for the new AEM instances. Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances.
- Wrote deployment recipes for infrastructure management (Terraform).
- Clustered the microservice based docker containers using Kubernetes .
- Build TeamCity pipeline for edocs team by for setting up the CI/CD pipeline.
- Analyze application activities, performance and business transactions in AppDynamics
- Debugging and setting alerts for specific error logs in Splunk .
- Code review in git.
- Worked in Agile enterprise-scale software development.
- Expertise with Windows Active Directory Administration, Windows /winter Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP; and managing Microsoft SQL Server .
- Knowledge of installation and maintenance of Windows Vista, XP, Server 2000, Server 2003, Windows NT.
- Administration and troubleshooting of Windows/Wintel OS, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- Hardware troubleshooting and system maintenance .
- Developed the CI/CD framework for Enterprise applications using Jenkins , Jira , Bitbucket , Artifactory, Maven and ANT.
- Written Maven scripts to automate build process and managed Maven repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share snapshots and releases.
- Efficiency in management skills, communication and ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Used Git as source code management tool, created local repo, cloned the repo and performed add, commit, push, stash, branching, created tags operations. Defined branching, labeling and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
Environment: Azure, AWS, CHEF, Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Linux, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, AppDynamics, Nagios, SonarQube, Nexus, uDeploy, PowerShell, Bash, Ruby and Python.
Confidential, OR, Portland.
Sr. DevOps /AWS Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions likeEC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances and created multi Availability Zone VPC instances and maintained Route 53, VPC, RDB, SES and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers.
- Worked in Azure compute services, Azure Web apps, Azure Data Factory & Storage, Azure Media & Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid Integration, and Azure Identity & Access Management.
- Ability to create scripts using Azure PowerShell during for automation and build process.
- Experience in Creating ARM templates for Azure Platform.
- Created snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMI) of the instances for backup and created access Management(IAM) policies for delegated administration within AWS.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management on Linux machines using Amazon EC2, Chef and by custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Created Python scripts to fully automate AWS services which includes ELB, Cloud Front distribution, EC2, Security Groups, and S3. This script creates stacks, single servers and joins web servers to stacks.
- Proficient in writing AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB’s and Security groups.
- Built and deployed a Java web application to EC2 application servers in a Continuous Integration Agile Environment and automated the complete process
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Ansible. Converted slow and manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and polices and developed critical modules like generating amazon resource numbers and integration points with Dynamo DB, RDS.
- Created Cloud Watch dashboards for monitoring CPU utilization, Network In-Out, Packet In-Out and other parameters of the instances.
- Designed distributed private cloud system solution using Kubernetes (Docker) on CoreOS and used it to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Worked on Docked-Compose, Docker-Machine to create Docker containers for Testing applications in the QA environment and automated the deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts using Kubernetes.
- Installed Chef-Server enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation, bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife and worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise.
- Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53& ELB with Chef cookbooks.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshooted the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution.
- Worked on Deployment and configuration of ELK stack for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring.
- Configured network and server monitoring using Grafana, ELK Stack with Logspout and Nagios for notifications.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Bamboo over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated enabling teams to safely deploy code repeatedly.
- Integrated JaCoCo with Jenkins for code coverage analysis in Java VM based environments.
- Worked on setting up Kafka for streaming data and monitoring for the Kafka Cluster.
- Involved in creation and designing of data ingest pipelines using technologies such as Apache Strom and Kafka .
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code and administered/engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Builds.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks to install and configure IIS 7 and Nginx and Maintained legacy bash scripts to configure environments and then converted them to Ruby scripts.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, Maven in Linux environment
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes.
- Testing of cookbooks with chef-spec
- Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Coding standards, Cookbook document, Testing docs
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes .
- Installed, Configured and maintained Nagios for over 300 hosts and 2000 services.
- Worked on branching, labeling, and merging strategies for all applications in Git.
- Installed and configured Nexus Repository Manager to share the artifacts between the teams within the company.
- Created SonarQube reporting dashboard to run analysis for every project.
- Written GRADLE, MAVEN Scripts to automate build processes and managed MAVEN repository using Nexus Tool and used the same to share snapshots and releases.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus and uDeploy to orchestra changes across servers and components
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating Parent-child relationships between all projects.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks in a sprint.
- Experience in Windows and Linux administration.
- Involved in troubleshooting the automation of Installing and configuring .net applications in the test and production environments and involved in complete lifecycle.
- Part of a team working in L2/L3 Switching Technology Administration including creating and managing VLAN's, Port security, Trucking, STP, Inter-VLAN routing, LAN security.
- Experienced in configuration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, DHCP Server, Samba , and TCP/IP and have experience in process automation and system monitoring using Shell Scripts.
- Planned release schedules with agile methodology& coordinated releases with engineering &SQA for timely delivery.
Environment: AWS, CHEF, Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Linux, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, AppDynamics, Nagios, SonarQube, Nexus, uDeploy, JaCoCo, PowerShell, Bash, Ruby and Python, Redis, RedHat.
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
Sr. DevOps/Aws Engineer
- Created and configured AWS EC2 instances using preconfigured templates such as AMI, RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu as well as used corporate based VM images which includes complete packages to run build and test in those EC2 Instances.
- Deployed Jenkins Continuous Integration tool by connecting to Linux EC2 Instance, downloaded and Installed Jenkins, then Installed AMAZON EC2 plugin to add AWS EC2 as a new cloud which allows new EC2 instances to be used as new Jenkins build slaves.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Rapid-Provisioning and Configuration Management for Linux/Unix, Windows using Chef and Cloud Formation Templates on Amazon Web Services.
- Integrated on-premise active directory with azure active directory and established SSO connections using SAML 2.0 and OAuth 2.0 protocols in AD.
- Administered IIS servers and configured Microsoft OMS and implemented Backup and Restore for the application data using azure.
- Worked with security team to make sure azure data is highly secure and configured BGP routes to enable ExpressRoute connections between on premise data centers and Azure cloud.
- Worked with Site Reliability Engineer to implement Datadog system metrics, analytics, and dashboards.
- Deployed and managed applications in Data Center, Virtual environment and Azure platform as well.
- Worked on Azure for highly available customer facing B2B and B2C applications.
- Worked on functions in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB. This function also sends data to Amazon CloudWatch for simple monitoring of metrics.
- Used Puppet to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Worked with PowerShell 3.0 for installing windows features and roles and for automating monthly security patching.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment. Migrated SQL Server 2008 database to Windows Azure SQL Database and updating the Connection Strings based on this.
- Extensive use of Elastic Load Balancing mechanism with Auto Scaling feature to scale the capacity of EC2 Instances across multiple availability zones in a region to distribute incoming high traffic for the application.
- Created AWS IAM users with CodePipelineFullAccess, AmazonEC2FullAccess, AmazonS3FullAccess and AWSCodeDeployFullAccess, generated security credentials and provided those credentials to users to get AWS access.
- Configured software and services using Ansible Playbooks, added users to Identity access and management and created S3 bucket to hold deployment files.
- Designed data pipelines for loading network data in Elastic search for consumption with Kibana dashboard and graphs.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, and worked on Docker Engine, Docker HUB, Docker Images, Docker Compose for handling images for installations and domain configurations.
- Used Docker to run and deploy the application in multiple containers Docker Swarm, Docker Wave for auto discovery.
- Continuous Architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed service-based architecture utilizing Docker/Kubernetes Technologies.
- Used Docker to containerize custom web applications and deployed on Digital Ocean with Ubuntu instances through SWARM Cluster and automated application deployment in cloud using Docker HUB, Docker Swarm, and Vagrant.
- Worked on dynamically adding and removing servers from AWS production environment, automating backups by shell for Linux/Unix to transferring data into S3 buckets.
- Setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA.
- Setting up the code review tool Gerrit with GIT and Integrated with CI system to help developers for peer code reviews & identified code issues at early in the cycle using code analysis.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Deployed and managed web services with Tomcat and JBOSS. Provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security groups, disk space, Process monitoring in Linux/Unix.
- Worked on strengthening security by implementing and maintaining Network Address Translation in company's network.
Environment: AWS EC2, Jenkins CI, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Bean Stalk, Elastic Container Service, VPC, RDS, ECS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, Route 53, Redshift, Lambda and DynamoDB, Gerrit, GIT.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO.
Sr. DevOps/Aws Engineer
- Initiated planning sessions for development and testing teams to simplify deployment activities.
- Developed various test cases to ensure proper testing is performed across all corners of application post deployment.
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment by implementing a CD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef.
- Expertise with all the aspects of Chef Concepts like Chef Server, workstations, Nodes, Chef Clients and various components like Kitchen.
- Experience on writing Chef using components like attributes, files, resources and templates.
- Advanced the automation for middleware installations and deployment activities by writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes.
- Improved the virtualization for the servers using the Docker for the test environments and the dev. Environment needs.
- Used the Salt stack for Continuous Code Deployment and Real-time Automation.
- Implemented and Deployed Urban Code/UDeploy application to dynamically deploy Company’s Website Build's.
- Created end to end automation of Continuous Deployment and Configuration Management in UDeploy.
- Achieved Continuous Delivery in high scalable environment by Docker coupled with load balancing tool Nginx.
- Wrote the Vagrant scripts to spin up servers on the developer work stations. Created Vagrant windows and Linux boxes using Packer.
- Maintained the interfaces and secure connections between Jenkins and CI/CD tools. Configured jobs and pipelines using Jenkins.
- Formulated in connecting continuous integration with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-inn’s come from the developer. Responsible for providing an end to end solution for hosting the web application on AWS cloud with integration to S3 buckets.
- Supervised the DevOps team for infrastructure support on AWS cloud.
- Designed a highly available secure multi zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation.
- Responsible for managing Ubuntu, Linux and windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Open Source Chef Server.
- Maximized the through put between the CPU and drives and improved the performance of data processing with the help of Amazon Red shift.
- Accelerated the Chef infra maintenance including monitoring and security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Launched and configured the Amazon EC2 Cloud servers using Linux AMI and Ubuntu AMI and configuring the servers for specified applications using Jenkins.
- Implemented the automated Nagios in Ops environment for alerts and email notifications using Python script and executed them through Chef.
- Enabled the Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization and load balancer.
- Utilized Amazon Elastic Block Storage which provides persistent block storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances in the AWS cloud.
- Enhancement of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud in the scalable environment which provides advanced security features such as security groups and network access control lists to enable inbound and outbound filtering at the instance level and subnet level.
- Worked with Amazon Elastic Load Balancing which automatically distributes traffic across multiple Amazon EC2instances which enables to achieve fault tolerance in the applications.
- Incorporated Amazon Ops works which is a configuration management tool that uses Chef to automate the servers that are configured and deployed across Amazon EC2 instances.
- Well versed with Amazon Route 53 which effectively connects user requests to the infrastructure running on AmazonEC2 instances and AmazonS3 buckets.
- Initiated the process of deployment for automation to Web Sphere servers by developing Python scripts.
- Established ANT and scripts for build activities MAVENin QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Implemented the monitoring tools like Nagios 3.0 to monitor services like CPU, Hard Drive, Memory, Users, HTTP and SSH etc.
- Used Nagios as monitoring tool and monitored the servers using it.
- Provided 24x7 support for production issues on call support rotation basis.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Chef, AWS EC2, S3, Route 53,VPC,Elastic Block Storage RDS, Python, Cloud watch, DOCKER,LINUX AMI,AWS Elastic Load Balanced, Vagrant, Nagios, Auto scaling groups, Apache Tomcat, JIRA, Ubuntu, Windows server NT, Oracle server.
Build & Release Engineer
- Well versed with administering and automation using Chef, Puppet and SaltStack for deployment on multiple platforms.
- Improved the development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of cookbooks using Test kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by Chef server.
- Provided support to the team by writing the recipes and shell scripts to customize the Chef as per our requirement.
- Boosted the cloud infrastructure through the development of automation software such as Opscode Chef books.
- Initiated the implementation of server provisioning and infrastructure automation in SAAS environment by using Chef.
- Managed the configuration of Web App and deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Advanced the configuration of virtual machines availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IAAS based solution and scale sets using Azure resource manager to manage network traffic.
- Supervised the escalations for Hyper-V, Microsoft Azure IAAS and Windows OS.
- Responsible for building and configuring a virtual Data Centre in AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud, Public and Private subnets, security groups, Route tables, Elastic load balancer, Cloud Watch and Security management VPC.
- Utilized Amazon Dynamo DB which provides high I/O performance and efficiently handled the high scale requests by using Dynamo DB API.
- Accelerated the AWS Elastic Bean Stalk used for deploying and scaling web applications on servers such as Nginx, Apache and IIS. Out spaced the End to End solution for hosting the web application on AWS cloud with integration to S3 buckets.
- Utilized Identity Access and Management service which defines a set of permissions to access the resources per client needs. Expert in writing scripts using Power shell, MS Build.
- Expertise with Build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environment using Power shell and Team Foundation Server.
- Utilized Power Shell scripts which automates the creation of contacts from Active Directory users and updating of address books increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Extensively worked with branching and merging strategies, creating baselines and releasing the code.
- Expertise with GIT as source code management tool for creating the local repo, cloning the repo, adding, committing and pushing the changes in the local repo.
- Supported the team in the migration of environment from Red hat to Centos environment. Administered different bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest and Bug villa.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Web App, Team Foundation Server, Power shell, Linux, Windows, MS Build, AWS EC2, S3, Chef, Puppet, Cloud watch, VPC, Elastic Load Balancer, IAM, AWS Code Commit, Dynamo Database, CEPH, Apache server, IIS server, Hyper-V, Microsoft Azure, JIRA, Clear Quest, Bug Zilla.