- Over 9+years of experience in IT industry as a Build/Release/Deployment/Operations (DevOps) Engineer, AWS Cloud Engineer with good understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Experience in solving complex problems with creative solutions, troubleshooting, automating, Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations tuning and deploying code over multiple environments, supporting development and operations environments.
- Experience in working with development engineers to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Experience in phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC), Linux Administration, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment(CD), Release Management, Cloud Implementations and configurations.
- Expertise in build automation tools like ANT/MAVEN, Node JS.
- Experience in Azure platform development, Deployment concepts, Cloud Services, platform service and close interface with Windows Azure Multi - Factor Authentications.
- Extensive experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features: EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Configuration, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3.
- Hands on experience in setting up and implementing the Continuous integration and Continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes using AWS cloud services, GitHub, GIT/SVN, Jenkins, MAVEN and Chef.
- Committed and exceptionally energetic Build/Release/Deployment/Operations (DevOps) Engineer with involvement in all periods of Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC, for example, Requirement Analysis, Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Release of different Enterprise-Wide Software Applications.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/ Chef/AWS/Openstack.
- Experience with Docker Cloud, Docker UCP, Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, and managing the directory structures and managing containers.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like WebSphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS. Cloud & SaaS Platforms like Amazon Web Services, Workday, Concur
- Experience of Jenkins/ Hudson, VS Build Pro, Apache Tomcat, Subversion.
- Having good Experience in Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Experience in executing Organization DevOps methodology in different situations of LINUX and Windows servers alongside adopting cloud procedures based on Amazon Web Services.
- Experienced in project analysis, gathering user requirements, technical design and customers.
- Closely worked with development, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Good Exposure/knowledge on Virtualization and Containers (Docker) and Hypervisors ESXI, ESX.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Develop and maintains TFS source control and Team Foundation Server (TFS) automated builds and deployments.
- Experience working with the release and deployment in JAVA, Android, IOS, C, C++, and ASP.net web applications environment and knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, Jelly, AJAX, and PERL
- Create and configure new JIRA projects and worked with departments to maintain existing JIRA projects and experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy and HP Quality Center
- Experience in using virtualization tools like Virtual Box, VMware and provisioning virtual machines
- Handled on-call rotation to provide 24*7 support for client's infrastructure.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , Unix, Linux, Mac OS, Red hat, Centos and Ubuntu.
Source control Tools: Subversion, GIT, GIT Hub, TFS, Clear case and Perforce.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN and Gradle.
CI Tools: Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo and Build Forge.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef and Docker.
Languages: C, C++, Perl scripting, Shell scripting, Python, Ruby, SQL and Java/J2EE.
Tracking Tools: Atlassian JIRA, BMC Remedy, HPSM, Clear Quest and Bugzilla.
Web Servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat and JBOSS.
Databases: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL, Mongo DB and DB2.
Repositories: Nexus Artifactory.
Cloud Environment: AWS and Azure.
Virtualization Tools: Virtual Box and VMware.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Cloud AWS Engineer
- Working for Software Configuration Manager Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/ Gradle over diff environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported
- Implemented Continuous Integration & Delivery framework using GitHub, Jenkins, Gradle, Nexus and Chef
- Developing Gradle scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE and J2SE applications to a variety of WebSphere platforms
- Used Gradle scripts to build the source code and Supported to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users
- Provide SME in all areas of Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) to existing and perspective clients on multiple cloud platform vCloud/Cloud Stack/Azure/AWS and various PaaS platforms (Cloud Foundry/Open Shift)
- Created deployment models for cloud foundry, explaining the underlying VM, Container, and application layout across multiple PCF foundations spread across the globe
- Planned, deployed, monitored, and maintained Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare VM's as required in the environment
- Implemented and automated the Environment Provisioning Using Chef & Docker
- As Middleware/DevOps SME, responsible for Application release and build management.
- Dev cloud available with chef SDK, docker and RHEL for creating different Environments (VMs)
- Designed and documented CI/CD tools and configuration management tools and Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup
- Implemented Map Reduce on EMR clusters and generated reports using Java and Bash scripting
- Experienced in Build and Deployment of CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins
- Responsible for implementing and administering the integrated enterprise tool suite consisting of JIRA, HP ALM, GitHub, Jenkins.
- Performed SVN to GIT migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow and managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in Bit Bucket
- Created, Configured and Administered Jenkins servers with Master-slave configurations as needed
- Deploying, redeploying and un-deploying applications (War, Ear) using UDeploy
- Worked on managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef and Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production and also automated the infrastructure by creating scripts of Chef
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat , Jenkins for deployment automation
- Involved in designing, developing, deploying and supporting of Service Virtualization using CA DevTest
- Involved in manual and automated Web Services testing using POSTMAN, SOAP UI and CA DevTest
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to CHEF-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with CHEF Cookbooks
- Experienced with application integration, architecture, engineering and support of the MCIT computing systems
- Designed and managed build and release methodologies using TFS for .NET Applications
- Performed migration upgradation from TFS 2013 to TFS 2015, includes integrating SharePoint and SSRS with TFS.
- Implemented Cloud Infrastructure (IaaS) Automation across AWS Public Cloud using Packer & Terraform.
- Change Management Types, Server OS rebuild, Server OS configuration change, Server moves, Server decommission, IP/WINS/DNS add or change, ACL/VIP/SNAT add or change, Backup schedule add or change, Asset database update (ITSM), Server EOW/EOL notification, DC monitoring add or change, Server admin access change
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53 Managing users and groups using AWS identity and access management (IAM)
- Created scripts in Python which coordinated with Amazon API to control instance operations and Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Experienced in working with IAM in order to create new accounts, roles and groups
- Performed deployment of Amazon EC2 instances in AWS environment Performed EC2 instances provisioning on AWS environment and implemented security groups, administered VPCs
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives
- Implemented Terraform Enterprise to Provision Infrastructure across AWS Workloads and Open Shift Clusters.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports development, test and production environments and developed Python codebase that generated Kubernetes config files
- Implemented Docker to provision slaves dynamically as needed and Created and Maintained Docker files in Source Code Repository build images and ran containers for applications and testing purposes also Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations
Environment: AWS, Gradle, Jenkins, Git, UDeploy, Web Sphere, Chef, JBoss Application Servers, SME, CA DevTest, Apache Tomcat, Agile/Scrum, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Windows, Linux.
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
DevOps Engineer / Cloud Engineer
- Setting up the automation environment for Application team if necessary, and help them through the process of build and release automation
- Used Jenkins for the Continuous integration process Created new jobs, managed the required plug-ins, triggered a build whenever a change is pushed to the SCM, configured pre-and post-build actions for a build and administered Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution that runs on Linux environment
- Used MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code
- Developed Scripts for AWS Orchestration
- Imported and managed with various corporate applications into GitHub code administration.
- Used Maven scripts to build the source code and Supported to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users and used MAVEN as a dependency management tool to manage all the dependencies that are required
- Automated set up of server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using Ansible, shell and python scripts
- Conversant in configuring with all the Java Developer components like Keystone, Swift, Nova, Cinder, Glance, Neutron and Heat
- Experienced in designing and developing automation and other IT Process Automation capabilities with the AWS platform and Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems
- Hands on experience in migrating Business from an on-premise infrastructure environment to AWS
- Experienced in building new Java Developer Deployment through ANSIBLE and managing them in production environment and Integrated Ansible, CHEF and Java Developer on Jenkins
- Developed Python career path through while working on Python projects and Analyzed frequently occurring system breaks and automated fixes in Python/UNIX
- Worked on creation of ANSIBLE manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications
- Completely responsible for automated infrastructure provisioning (Windows and Linux) using ANSIBLE Scripts
- Responsible for automated installation of ANSIBLE Enterprise 2.7 and configuring ANSIBLE Master and ANSIBLE Agents (both Windows and Linux) in AWS VPC environment.
- Responsible for automated installation of Software’s such as Java, Tomcat, Centrify in ANSIBLE master and ANSIBLE agents using ANSIBLE scripts
- Responsible for automated identification of application server and database server using ANSIBLE scripts
- Experienced in working on cloud AWS cloud EC2, S3, RDS, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling with AWS command line interface and AWS Python SDK and also Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances
- Designed and developed shell scripts for Automation of daily tasks
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with ANSIBLE, migrating the application using Maven as build tool
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages
- Worked with Docker for convenient environment setup for development and testing and Installed Ansible Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool
- Worked on Deployment procedures using middleware like Apache Tomcat for creating deploy scripts and setting for the Production Release
- Automated test scripts from Jenkins to execute on HP ALM
- Maintained Centos servers for any data overload and update user processors
- Worked on the connectivity and Firewall issues for the installation and connectivity of the tools
- Involved in the troubleshooting the servers
Environment: JAVA, GIT, GITHUB, Apache Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Shell Script, Ansible, Linux, Windows, Atlassian JIRA, Cloud Foundry, Python, Perl, AWS, DNS, Docker, Kubernetes .
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Cloud AWS DevOps Engineer
- Designed and documented CI/CD tools and configuration management tools
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to GIT triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup
- Created a custom Puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all puppet modules and administered Puppet Enterprise to provision multi-platform virtual machine configurations across multiple-platform environment Servers dedicated for building, deploying as well as for development, test and production systems
- Built a load-balanced, version-controlled, Hiera/r10k-enabled Puppet environment and developing puppet module for Automation using combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Vagrant and Jenkins
- Responsible for creating Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing Puppet manifests and automated manual installation processes using puppet.
- Setup Production administration/monitoring/reporting using Puppet and designed and implemented Puppet templates
- Written Maven scripts and shell scripts for end to end build and deployment automation
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in JENKINS to move from one environment to other environments
- Configured UDeploy and Jenkins for nightly build and deployment process for multiple stacks
- Worked with application development and operation teams using a variety of automated testing and build, and deploy tools ( MAVEN, Nexus, JENKINS, SVN, Selenium, JUNIT ) to resolve issues with transition to new DevOps solution
- Served as the primary SME on Azure services including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS while contributing architecture decisions for our ongoing migration efforts
- Implemented deploy and configure Azure websites, configure diagnostics, monitoring and analytics on Azure Platform along with scale and resilience for Azure Web sites.
- Involved for Manage hosting plans for Azure Infrastructure, implementing & deploying workloads on Azure virtual machines (VMs), Design and implement VM storage & good understanding on implementing images/disks. Hyper-V, VMware technologies and System Center Components
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning on Linux Environment
- Deployment and management of many servers via script and utilizing cloud providers as a direct JIRA
- Worked on implementing and administrating infrastructure monitoring tool such as Nagios
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers and also developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements
- Implemented systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Managed build and deployment using MAVEN, JENKINS, Puppet SCM tools and also managed MAVEN project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- JENKINS is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing and configuring Nexus Repository Manager
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining an automated build and release environment
Environment: Puppet, Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, Azure, JENKINS, UDeploy, Nagios, JIRA, MAVEN, Vagrant, Linux, SVN, GIT, Tomcat, Scrum, Python, Ant, Nexus, Java, J2EE.
Confidential, Newark, DE
Build and Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform
- Maintained and administered Git source code tool and created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and Git
- Implementing and Managing Docker and Kubernetes infrastructure and working on Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS Cloud configuration.
- Supported the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool ( Jenkins )
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution
- Integrated Git into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process and Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments and also managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows
- Maintained and tracked inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention
- Worked with Docker for Portable deployment of applications as a single object versus process sandboxing
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Integrated multiple build systems using UDeploy
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins , Nexus , Yum and puppet
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion
- Automated the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN and migrated Projects from SVN to Git
- Created and wrote Python and PowerShell for automating tasks
- Worked with customers, developers, testing, product management and support staff
- Created scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python
- Used Chef and AWS to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources
Environment: Java/J2EE, Spring, Subversion, Jenkins, UDeploy, JIRA, Maven, GIT, ANT, Chef, AWS, Python, Remedy, PowerShell Scripting.
- Involved in user interactions, requirement analysis and design for the interfaces
- Prepared the design document for Document Management Module and User Management Module
- Created class diagrams and sequence diagrams using MS Visio and Network Migration from RIP to OSPF
- Build and maintain Visio documentations for Clients
- Followed waterfall methodology for application development
- Updating the Perforce log properties for revisions. Setting up the Perforce sync servers, changed rev properties for Perforce sync
- Promoting the changes from trunk revisions to release branch
- Routing Protocol (BGP4, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, IS-IS, NLSP), Routed Protocol (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX)
- Administering & designing LANs, WANs internet / intranet, and voice networks
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion
- Installed and configured Hudson for Automating Deployments and providing a automation solution and Integrated Subversion into Hudson to automate the code check-out process
- Involved in enhancement of SOA web services using AXIS to support .net applications
- Involved in development of custom tag libraries which provides various functionalities like check-in, check-out, export, import, open, delete, search and etc. on JSP pages
- Involved in development of customized Web applications on top of Orion Frameworks using Web technologies like JSP, Servlets, Java script
- Analyzed the existed Win32 C language based installer and redesigned and developed as rich UI based installer using java, XML, XSL, and Install Shield Multiplatform (ISMP), which installs various Content Management products developed to Windows Operating System
- Written Oracle Admin schema using SQL, which creates Orion Oracle database instances in Oracle 10g and Oracle9i
- Implemented various customized java beans, which creates Windows start up services for Storage Server and Command Server, Updates registry entries, executes Oracle database schema, installs web based and console based applications
- Involved in migration of code in CORBA framework to Java/J2ee framework
- Production support to fix bugs in products
- Mentored junior developers in design and development
- Discussed and presented architectural designs to the senior management and client
- Having the responsibility to test the use case by writing the Unit test cases and having good knowledge in usage of J-unit to test the application
- Good experience in debugging the application by running the server in debug mode and having the experience in usage of log4J to persist the data in log files
Environment: Java/J2EE, SQL, Perforce, Hudson, XML, C, .NET, MS Visio, Java Scripts, Log4J, CORBA Framework, Windows XP, Linux.
- Performed installation, configuration, upgrades, Package administration and support for Linux Systems on client side using Red hat satellite network server.
- Worked on Red Hat Linux installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment. Performed automated installations of Operating Systems using kickstart for Linux.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and Update in Red Hat Linux Installation and configuration from scratch and regular monitoring.
- Scanning LUNs from SAN and creating Volume groups, creating and extending LVM and file systems online.
- Scheduled users to perform High Performance Computing activities on the Linux cluster .
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User and File system quota on Linux servers.
- Experience managing and tuning MySQL and writing SQL scripts.
- Identified and solved any issues or errors.
- Applied patches and supported Linux Servers with Oracle Database servers.
- Worked on Kernel tuning and Kernel patching.
- Configuring SUDO and granting root permission to Backup Admins/DBAs to perform root related activities.
- Creating and modifying Standing Operating procedures for the team.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell scripts.
- Managed Disk using LVM , resized disk space when required. Managed disk space from NetApp filers
- Setup NTP server and synchronized clients with NTP server.
- Troubleshoot application problems by diagnosing issues.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems, Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities.
- Monitored overall system performance, performed user management, system updates and disk & storage management.
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required.
- Setup SSH password less login in Open SSH.
- Network installation via centralized yum server for client package update.
- Experience in using various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, FTP, and TCP/IP.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Experienced in Red Hat Linux package administration using YUM configuration like assigning IP addresses.
Environment : Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Shell-Scripting, LVM, Windows, RPM, YUM, NFS, LVM, HTTP, FTP.