Engineering WAN, LAN and Wireless networks to include design, configuration, installation and support. Project and asset management, customer service and third party vendor support. Team player that is able to work in diverse working environments.
Networking: Routing, witching, wireless, Ethernet, VoIP, Cable, ATM, Frame Relay, DSL
Medium: TLS, EVPL, Ethernet, OC - x, T1/T3, DS-1/DS-3, Fiber optics, Wireless, Coaxial
Hardware: Juniper, Cisco, Lucent, Nortel, Sun Microsystems, HP servers, desktop/laptop computers
Network OS: JUNOS OS, Cisco IOS, Microsoft Windows platforms, Solaris 8/9/10, UNIX
Analyzers: OTDR, JDSU HST 3000 and T-BERD 6000/8000, FLUKE, optical light meters, network toner generators
Services: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, OSPF, VPN, VLAN, VoIP and Wireless technologies
CAREER E XPERIENCES:
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of the Confidential ’s core routing and switching environments. Equipment supported in these environments include Juniper Ex- 4200/4300/4500 switches, SRX 210/220 security platforms, MX480/960 routing platforms, Nortel 450/470 switches and 8600 routers, Confidential T-1, TLS, EVPL vendor services,, gigabit Ethernet and fiber optics services.
- Assist with the deployment of VOIP through the Unified Communications group. Provide network assistance to all Public Service departments within the city, to include City Hall, DHS, Police and Fire Departments
- Document all network incidents including change controls, upgrades and installations through the Service Desk and iSupport and SysAid internal ticketing systems.
- Responsible for instructing assignments to the network technicians for installations of equipment depending on the transport medium, which include T-1, EVPL, DSL, and Confidential services.
Cell Back Haul/Metro Ethernet Engineer
Confidential, Largo, MD
- Performed overall analysis, staging and deployment, project management, installation, configuration, support, and troubleshooting of the end-to end connectivity from the cell site or Metro Ethernet customer to the head-end and OTN via fiber optics and gigabit Ethernet media platforms.
- Traveled to various Confidential and customer sites within the Maryland, Virginia and DC service areas.
- Assigned the responsibility of inventory and asset management, RMA of defective devices, maintaining adequate record keeping, documentation updates and change management within a timely manner.
- Accomplished the successful installation of over 830+ cell towers and 300+ metro Ethernet customers.
Digital Field Services Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Performed installation, provisioning, troubleshooting and support for Confidential. This included full provisioning of the Sun V240/V890 servers, DNCS, QPSK and QGAM modulators, SDV servers, Digital Content Managers and Netcrypt Bulk Encryptor.
- Completed the head-end/hub migrations of over 732,000 customers for Time Warner which involved new server hardware installations and software upgrades at over 100 hub sites within the state of Ohio.
- Other customers supported: Confidential, Time Warner and Bright House Networks
Product Hardware Test Engineer
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Performed simulating home network testing of Confidential FiOS and DSL network equipment in a Window 2000/XP/Vista and MAC OS operating systems environment to include latency, throughput and functionally testing of various home routers and modems.
- Implemented and updated test plans, test case scenarios for new products utilizing HP Quality Control and Microsoft Office suite.
System Security Administrator
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
- Utilized Windows Active Directory, Lawson Insight Desktop, Lawson Portal and HP System Administration Manager to verify user’s login and contact information, assign security classes, web portal access and UNIX accounts in the HP-UX environment.
- Oracle, FTP, Seagate Info 7, Crystal Enterprise and the HP-UX shell.
- Documented all add/remove, changes and reporting in the Peregrine ticketing system.
Confidential, Columbus, OH and Sterling, VA
- Provided onsite Level 2/3support for the Defense Logistics Agency migration project to include assisting DLA NOC in troubleshooting network outages, performance analysis, configuration support and installations. Performed tape backups of server d Confidential utilizing the HP Disk System 2300 and the HP Storage Works.
- Also supported: Cisco 2960, 6500 switches, 7204VXR router.
Desktop Support Engineer
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Performed hardware break/fix as well as installations of Microsoft XP and Office software on Dell D600 laptops and Dimension workstations.
- Provided e-mail and telephone support to users for assistance with hardware, software and network connectivity issues.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Provided Tier III engineering support for the Defense Information Systems Agency- Confidential SIPR/NIPR ATM and IP networks to include site surveys, configuration checks, site clean ups and equipment installation and configuration.