Seeking a challenging position as a network engineer and work to gain in depth knowledge in improving the efficiency and resiliency of a core network
Operating Systems:: Windows Server 2003/2008, Fedora/Ubuntu Linux
Networking Fundamentals:: Cisco IOS, LAN - Switching, STP, RSTP, VTP, HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, TFTP, FTP, SNMP, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP.
Network Hardware: Switches: C2900 series, C3500 series, C3600 series, C3750 series, C4500 series, C4900 series, C6500 series, Nexus7000, ME series Routers: C2800, C2900, C3800, C3900, C7200VXR and various other cisco platforms.
Network Tools:: IXIA, Bugzilla, Wireshark, Ethereal
Software programming: VBScript, Bash Shell Scripting.
IP Phone:: Asterisk server, Grandstream IP phones, X-lite soft phone.
Backup Software:: Confidential . Windows backup and restore.
Customer Support Engineer- LAN-Switching
- Extensive hands on experience with Cisco IOS, CatOS and NX-OS.
- Strong experience in designing, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN infrastructure using Cisco Switches/Routers.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting Layer 2 / 3 networking features such as VLANs, PVLANs, Inter-VLAN routing, STP, VTP, ISL, 802.1X Port Security, PoE issues, Ether-Channels using LACP and pAgp, VSS, VPC, HSRP, Multicast, QinQ tunneling, QoS, SPAN and RSPAN on various Cisco switches and routers.
- Performed extensive system architecture troubleshooting such as debugging asics on the PFC, DFC.
- Solid hands on experience with packet sniffing and traffic generating tools such as IXIA, Wireshark, and ELAM capture.
- Troubleshooting experience on customer live networks in LAN/WAN.
- Collaborating with other technology teams like server virtualization, routing protocol, WAN etc within Cisco to actively resolve complex network troubleshooting scenarios.
- Recreate complex customer issues in the lab environment which involves platforms like Nexus 7000, Cat 6500, Cat 4500, and Cat 3750/2900/3560.
- Investigate software defects and file reports for resolution.
CALO TAC Engineer
- Layer1 and Layer2 support for Customer Support Engineer team
- Performed the installation, maintenance and configuration on various different cisco platforms
- Configuration and maintenance of IXIA Traffic generator for testing purposes.
- Performed troubleshooting for hardware, software and configurations issues
- Documented the formed network and the changes made to the topologies
Quality Assurance / IT Support
- Backup data from Windows 2008 Server onto Cloud and Network drives.
- Backup data from Windows 7 workstation onto Cloud in a test environment.
- Network Backups.
- Backup My Sql server.
- Scheduling full, incremental and differential backups.
- Testing Backup applications for quality assurance.
- Reporting bugs using bugzilla and reporting to backend team.
- Providing solutions to software development team.
- Updating critical patches in test environment and production.
- Installed and configured different application on client systems.
- Installed and configured Network Printers.
- Created user accounts in Active Directory on Windows 2003.
- Created various scripts using bash shell and Windows batch files.
- Performed troubleshooting for both hardware and software issues.
- Monitored system performance using perf-mon. and wireshark.