Accomplished, patents holder, dynamic team player & innovative embedded firmware professional with extensive experience in architecting, design & development of firmware for ARM & RISC controllers using C++ & C, from staging to sustaining, quality & reliability management, Effective leader & concept - to-execution driver with proven adeptness in generating requirement based firmware platforms.
ARM Controller: ARM A9-V7 SOCs.
RISC Controller: Microchip, Analog devices, Intel 8051, MXIC, Confidential . Firmware Development & Circuit Designing. Testing & Troubleshooting. Prototype designing & Development.
Firmware: Assembly, C, C++ (Embedded)
Languages: BASIC, COBOL, C, C++
Packages: Dbase, FoxPro, VB, D2K, C#
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Principal Firmware Engineer
- Firmware design & development for ARM SOC & RISC controllers using C++, C & ASM
- Hardware & firmware failure analysis, debugging from staging to sustaining & field returns
- HDD, NAND (MLC) FTL & DRAM defect management firmware design & development
- Testing scripts & Tools design, development using VC++, C# & proprietary scripting software
- Tools such as Eclipse, IAR, SVN, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, GCC etc.,
- Document management on requirements, specifications, road map, standards & etc.,
- Firmware & Product management using SDLC/PDLC, AGILE & Waterfall methodologies
- Team lead Next Gen defect management firmware (common platform for multiple SOCs)
- Filed 23 Invention Disclosures, filed 7 patents with USPTO & 3 trade secret holder
Senior Embedded Design Engineer
- Bare metal design & embedded firmware development using Confidential, Confidential & Intel controllers.
- Customized library development using C, Keil C & Assembly-ASM with Keil-C & MPLab.
- Designing Kernel, ISR, Bootloaders & low level Device Drivers in Firmware
- Microcontroller modules such as ADC, PWM, I2C, Timers, SPI, UART, RS232 & USB etc.,
- Product development & Firmware engineering from prototyping to manufacturing
- Embedded firmware/software debuggers & hardware debuggers ICE, ICD & Scopes
- Plant automation, control system for machineries, timers, robotics etc.,
Design & Development Engineer
- Bare metal embedded Design & Development of projects using Confidential & Confidential based projects.
- Embedded Hardware customized hardware & firmware design
- Embedded firmware kernel & ISR
- Generic controller device drivers using ADC, PWM, I2C, U.A.R.T & U.S.A.R.T.
- Hardware / Circuit design & development from schematic, prototype, testing & delivery
- Robotics, IR transceivers for remote communication, telematics etc.,