- IT professional with about 8+ years of experience as DevOps Engineer , AWS Cloud Engineer and Linux/Unix System Engineer in Solaris, IBM - AIX and RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu in the areas of Build/Release Management, CI & CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) and deployment.
- Expert in Continuous Integration / Deployment using tools are GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Puppet.
- 1 year of DevOps Practice for Micro Services Architecture using Kubernetes as Orchestrator.
- Good knowledge of virtualization and container technology like Docker and managing Docker-based deployments. Experience with environment provisioning and orchestration.
- Using Docker Swarm to load balancing the containers and spin up new instance based on new demand.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of services are EC2, Elastic Load-balancers using Auto Scaling Policy, AMI, S3, Elastic IP, Elastic File system, RDS,VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Elastic Mem-Cache, Cloud Formation, Glacier and IAM.
- Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Environment configuration Files, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environment shell scripting for Build & Release automation and writing Shell scripts to automate the deployments and Knowledge on Python Scripting.
- Good Experience in UFS, JFS, Ext2, Ext3, Ext4 and XFS File Systems.
- Extensive experience in configure various concepts in LINUX/UNIX such as User, Group, SWAP, LVM, Cron Jobs, SUDO, Backup and Restore, YUM, RPM, LDOM Managing Services, Processes Kickstart and RHEL KVM, Cluster Service and RHEL Satellite.
- Configure various network protocol are NFS, DNS, SSH, Telnet, FTP, SFTP, DHCP, SNMP, TCP/IP, UDP, VLAN and VSAN.
- Monitoring and Ticketing tools are Nagios, Hobbit, HP OpenView, SCOM and BMC Remedy.
- Data Base Knowledge on Microsoft SQL Server and ORACLE DB. understanding of Cloud Technologies and Services, Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), and IT Operations based on ITIL Framework
Operating Systems: Linux in RHEL 5,6,7, CentOS 5.11,6.9,7, SUSE, Ubuntu 6.10, 7.10, 8.10 Unix in Solaris 9,10,11 and IBM AIX 5.3,6.1,7.1.
Cloud Technology: AWS. EC2, S3, EBS, Auto Scaling, Glacier, RDS, Elastic Mem-Cache VPC,AMI, SQS, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, Alarms Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFormation.
Virtualization: VMware ESX, ESXI, KVM, Vsphere & Vcenter server.
Network Services: NFS, DNS, SSH, Telnet, FTP, SFTP, DHCP, SNMP, TCP/IP, UDP, VLAN and VSAN
Data Base: Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle DBA.
Web Services: Apache, Tomcat and Nginx.
Configuration Tools: Puppet, Red Heat Satellite.
Version Control Tools: GIT.
Build Tool: Jenkins, Maven.
Scripting: Bash, Shell, Python.
Software: Veritas Volume Manager Veritas Cluster Server 4.1,RHEL Cluster Service
Ticketing Tools: HP Openview, BMC Remedy, HP Service Manager, Jira.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Net cool, Hobbit. HP, SCOM.
Servers: Sun Fire V890.T2000, T5250, T5440, T4, T5, M5000, M9000, E10K IBM P780, HP PROLIANT DL380G7,PROLIANT DL360 G5,DL580, EXSI 4.0.
DevOps and AWS Engineer
- Automated Build and Deployment process-setup Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Production.
- Working on Software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile programming methodologies
- Monitor live traffic, logs, Memory utilization, disk utilization and other factors important for deployment using Nagios.
- Working on CI/CD pipeline for code deployment by engaging different tools GIT, Jenkins, Puppet in the process right from developer code check-in to production deployment.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration
- Perform regular software release build and deployment based on defined process and procedure, including J2EE, UNIX scripts, Oracle PL/SQL build and deployment
- Implemented continuous delivery setup to create packages from Jenkins and to be deployed to application servers through Puppet as the backend configuration management tool.
- Provisioning required resources in AWS.
- Used Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment in Multiple environments.
- Create monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Creating and Managing RDS resources are My SQL, Oracle DB etc.
- Troubleshoot and performance tuning issues with various deployed applications like Apache Tomcat, Nginx.
- Working on all aspects of deploying, maintaining, and upgrading the systems and network components supporting multi-tier web application, including the production systems, development and QA environments.
Environment: Linux, Java, NodeJs, Puppet, GIT, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Shell, Python, Nagios, MS SQL 2012
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins, GIT and Nexus.
- Managed and coordinated the SCM requirements planning through development of multi-tier applications and their build/deployment throughout distributed Linux/Windows development environment.
- Expertise in build tools like Apache MAVEN (using POM.xml) for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Worked with all areas of Development teams to ensure the build and deployment process serves better quality for the business.
- Worked with Source Control Tools such as GIT Stash.
- Experience in partially administering Jira for issue management.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Git.
- Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Used PUPPET to automate the node configuration setup and maintenance
- Coordinate build schedules between development teams, Database Administrators and Network Operations while developing and improving build communication channels.
- Experienced in taking high quality measures for build/deployment/source control tools processes, SOD for right access levels for source control for better Auditing/Controlling.
- Attended sprint planning sessions and daily sprint stand-up meetings.
- Improved overall build and deployment execution and delivery turnaround times extensively.
- Technically Managed/led build team engineers, both onsite and at remote locations.
- Launching Linux, Ubuntu and Windows instances by using EC2 service and providing security by using Security groups.
- Implemented IAM services for accessing the required service in AWS and assign respective user.
- Migrated applications from Legacy Data Center to AWS cloud.
- Worked on AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, AMI, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, RDS, Dynamo DB, DMS, VPC,Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Elastic Search.
- Solid experience with onsite and offshore model. Directed build and deployment teams remotely, technically and effectively.
Environment: LINUX/SOLARIS/AIX, AWS, Puppet, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GIT, Shell, Python, Maven, Docker, Nagios, Jira, Oracle 11g.
Build and Release Engineer
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Implemented Continuous Integration & Delivery framework using GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Puppet.
- Experience in troubleshooting application build and deployment failures by worked with AppDev and Infrastructure teams as part of the delivery process.
- Provided subject matter expertise and services on development practices relating to source code management, build, release and deployment process automation.
- Used Maven scripts to build the source code and Supported to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT. Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Administration and Architect of public and private cloud platforms using VPC (AWS).
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and also worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Migrated applications from traditional Data Center to AWS cloud.
- Created Shell scripts for checking the daily log like Disk, CPU, RAM utilization and Backup.
Environment: Linux/Unix, Java, VMware, Puppet, GIT, Jenkins, AWS, Shell/Python, MS SQL 2012, Oracle DB, HP Openview. Net Cool.
Linux and Unix System Analyst
- Worked as L2/L3 System Administrator for production, development servers (1000 plus)
- Experienced in OS upgrades and Patching of AIX servers from 5.3 to 6.1 and Solaris and LINUX.
- Experienced in installation, patching and troubleshooting issues related to VERITAS Storage foundation.
- Worked with Vendor (Oracle, Symantec, IBM) for Operating system and Server hardware related issues, Kernel Patching and performed maintenance activities on weekdays and weekends too.
- Good exposure in doing resource upgrade in Solaris servers having zones, Linux servers running on VMs and AIX servers using LPARs and DLPARs.
- Knowledge on Storage Level HITACHI and EMC and NetApp.
- Actively involved of ITIL in Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Created and Managing Users/Groups, LVM, SWAP, Cron, NFS,DHCP, FTP, APACHE, Services.
- Extending file system using metattach & growfs SVM in Solaris and LVM in Linux.
- Replace the failed hot-swappable disk in SVM and VXVM.
- Upgrading the Firmware on T,E and M Series servers.
- Managing network Interfaces, and IP Multipathing (IPMP) to provide high availability of Network Interfaces
- Created on ZFS Creating Pools, Mirroring, ZFS File system, Set quotas.
- Implemented RAID levels 0,1,5,1+0 in SVN and VXVM in Solaris and Linux .
- Implemented all Concepts in VCS (Veritas Cluster Services) service groups, resources, systems, clusters and Online/offline service groups, resources Freezing and Unfreezing.
- Expertise in installing configuring, managing & troubleshooting of VMware ESXi and ESX, VCenter Servers.
- Extensive experience in virtualization platforms with hypervisors like VMware vSphere 6.0, 5.x, ESX/ESXI 4.x, VMware Workstation, and Hyper-V administration.
Environment: Linux/Unix Solaris, IBM-AIX, VXVM, VCS, VMware, Hobbit, SCOM, BMC Remedy, Shell.