- Over 7 Years of Experience in Linux Systems and Network administration for Sun Solaris 9, 10, Linux Red Hat RHEL 4/5/6, CentOS, SUSE, Debian, OEL HP - UX 10.x, 11.x.
- Experience in installation, configuration file system management through Logical Volume Manager LVM, VERITAS Volume Manager VxVM, Solaris Volume Manager SVM.
- Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMware ESX/GSX, VSphere, VCenter.
- Volume and Filesystem management using Veritas Volume Manager VxVM and VERITAS Filesystem Veritas Storage Foundation. Experience in Jumpstart/Kickstart installations for Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Involved in installation, configuration and administration of RHEL 5x/6.x Servers.
- Installation of Packages, Patch Management and Upgrades.
- Involved in upgrading production Linux and Solaris, development QA servers
- Involved in migration and consolidation of Unix Servers in Production data center.
- Involved in configuring, administration and troubleshooting Linux/Unix Servers which are connected to Storage such as NetApps, EMC. Experienced working with Fiber Chanel and iSCSI Storage Area Networks SAN.
- Experienced in configuration maintaining Redhat Cluster, Veritas Cluster server, NetBackup, Veritas volume manager and Veritas file system. Experienced in Virtualization Products KVM, XEN
- Experienced in creating and maintaining users, profile, security rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Experienced in file system administration, resolving system errors, crashes and file system errors.
- Possess hands on experience with the F5 on setting new VIP, iRules, SSL, Pool Setup.
- Experienced in setting Private Cloud using Eucalyptus/Openstack
- Experienced on Amazon EC2 AWS and Rackspace. Experienced on Puppet configuration management tool.
- Creating new file systems, mounting file systems and unmounting file systems.
- Installation, configuration and administration of apache/tomcat, samba send mail,
- Security Configuration, Network, System Monitoring on UNIX based Servers Basic hardening of the system and network security, attaining the goal of allowing only the valid users/ports into the system.
- Experience in Managing various Network related tasks such as TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, DHCP and SMTP.
- Configuring and Administering NIS, LDAP and FTP on Linux and Sun Solaris server environment.
- Experienced in writing Shell scripts using bash, python for group/user administration, startup/shutdown and other system related task. Experienced in Akamai CDN, Aicache, Apache, Tomcat, Jboss.
- Experienced in building/compiling packages from source.
- File system maintenance, process automation of databases, applications and backup
- Experience in Troubleshooting Hardware, Storage, Application Bottlenecks. System Recovery, Crash dump analysis and performance tuning.
- Have very good experience working with Change Management for scheduling changes on Production and UA servers using
- Experienced in different tools for monitoring the health checkups using Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix and OSSEC.
- Managing user accounts, system security, change management, documenting and following Company Standards
- Experienced in supporting 7x24 production computing environments, on-call and weekend support
Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, CentOS 5/6, Fedora, Ubuntu, Sun Solaris 11/10/9/8/7, IBM AIX 5.x, 6.1, HP-UX 11.xx, 11iv3, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98/2000/2003/ XP/VISTA, Open VMS
Hardware: HP DL360, DL385 G8/G7/G6/G5, Sun Fire Servers - E25k,E15k,12k, E280R, E480R, V240, 420R, V440, V480, V490, V880,V890 4800, E6900 and E2900. IBM - F-SERIES AND P-SERIES, IBM RS6000, Data Centre Servers - E250, E450, E3000 and E3500, M4000, T2000, T5120, Storage- EMC, HP, NetApps.
Tools: Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, Eucalyptus, Openstack, F5, HP SIM, Puppet, Akamai, OSSEC, IpTables, Redhat Cluster, Aicache, Memcached
Languages: Shell scripting, Perl, Python
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9/8, MYSQL, Mongo
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, SSH, DHCP, Cisco Routers / Switches and LAN
Web/Applications Technologies: Apache, Tomcat, Jboss
Confidential, LA, CA
- Responsible for resolving network issues using network tools like ping, tcptraceroute, traceroute, tcpdump.
- Develop and maintain the documents, library and procedural documents of the system.
- Developed Shell Scripts for automation of daily tasks.
- Installation/Administration of RHEL 5.6 and Fedora on Multiple Servers configuration, testing on both physical and virtual machines. Supported Red Hat Linux RHEL 5.6 and Fedora Core 18.x/17.x Servers.
- Worked as Linux Administrator Supporting the Server farm in 24X7 Production Environment.
- Install and configure various services like DHCP, NFS, DNS, Apache Web Server, NIS, LDAP, Samba, SSH, FTP/SFTP, Sendmail/SMTP, Telnet, RPM Package Management, File System Management.
- Develop Linux shell scripts to accomplish redundant tasks to simplify in distributed administration.
- Worked on Security/Authorizations Created users with limited and full root privileges. Create and manage sudoers.
- Perform day to day Linux administration such as user accounts, logonscripts, directory services, file system shares, permissions. Support Oracle database.
- Setup NFS and Samba File sharing on Linux and Windows servers.
- Utilized Remedy for data center service requests Network requests for IP's, ILO's, and DNS changes.
- Acquired comprehensive requirements from Project Managers, Team Leads pertaining to the servers to be migrated.
- Performing change management as per company standards in accordance with the hardware provider.
- Horizontal and Vertical Clustering. Setup Node Managers and Admin Servers. Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Setting up Cron schedules for backups and monitoring processes.
- Automated server building using System Imager, PXE, Kickstart and Jumpstart, for Solaris and RHEL Servers.
- Upgrades, installs, configuration and administration security and monitoring tools on Linux.
- Excellent in patches and packages installation on Linux/Unix Environment.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager LVM commands. Experience in Linux kernel configuration.
- Updating YUM Repository and Redhat Package Manager RPM.
- Monitored Linux server for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and Disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
- Building Customized Scripts / LVM for the SAN HOST based migrations.
Technologies Used: Redhat RHEL 6.x/5.6, Fedora Core 18.x/17.x, UBUNTU 12.x/13.x, Logical Volume manager, Server Dell R10, R410, R910, HP-DL580 servers, DNS, NFS, SMTP.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Involved in Linux System and Network administration in Sun Solaris 9/10, HP-UX 11.31, Linux RedHat 5/6 servers running different Database and Middleware Applications.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and Filesystem Management using LVM, Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Filesystem Veritas Storage Foundation, Configuring ZFS filesystems.
- Built two new VMware ESX Server 4.x/5.x on HP HW running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Created different virtual machine like Debian, windows 2003 2008 server, SuSE enterprise Linux using VMware Virtual Infrastructure Client tool and configured with EMC storage box. Supported around 200 whole root zones running on Solaris 10 environment.
- Maintained 15 VMware ESX server connected with two EMC VNX SAN box and managed of two Cisco MDS switch using Fabric Device management tool.
- Clustering solutions for High Availability using tools such as Veritas Cluster Server VCS, MSCS, RHCS.
- Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMware ESX, VCenterVSphere, and Solaris 10 Zones.
- Installation and Configuration of Sun Enterprise Servers, HP and IBM Blade Servers C6000 C7000, HP Itanium, Configured Enterprise UNIX/LINUX systems in heterogeneous environment Linux, Solaris, HP-UX with SAN/NAS infrastructure across multiple sites on mission business critical systems.
- Setup, Implementation, Configuration, documentation of Backup/Restore solutions for Disaster/Business Recovery of clients using OMNIBACK on UNIX and LINUX platform.
- Performed quarterly patching of Linux, Solaris and HPUX servers on regular schedule. Involved in up Network/SAN based ignite images for HPUX PA RISC and integrity servers.
- Good knowledge of RAID groups and setting up NFS, CIFS and iSCSI protocols in SAN/NAS environment on HPUX 11.31 and Redhat LINUX.
- Implementation of oracle RAC 10g on HPUX blades and Itanium servers with Redhat Linux RHEL 5.x/6.x along with SAN storage on EVAs. Also implemented and support HPUX Service guard on Linux servers.
- Involved and set up migration for UNIX/Linux server and SAN storage between data centers and also application migration and testing. This included SAN/Application migration and testing various functionalities of key applications.
- Installing, setup of ProLiant blade BL,DL series with fiber channel connectivity, Cisco GESM interconnect switch, configuring the connectivity, setting up JBOSS cluster, setting up oracle RAC cluster, configuring load-balancing on apache, on Redhat Linux 5.x Setting up NIS/NFS on RedHat servers.
- Setting up JBoss cluster and configuring apache with JBosson RetHat Linux. Proxy serving with Apache. Troubleshooting Apache with JBoss and Mod jk troubleshooting for the clients.
- Setting up the lab environment with Tomcat/Apache, configuring the setup with F5 virtual load balancer for customer application.
Technologies Used: Redhat RHEL 6.x/5.6, Logical Volume manager, VMware ESX Server 4.x/5.x,Veritas Cluster Server VCS, Tomcat / Apache, MSCS, RHCS, Sun Enterprise Servers, HP and IBM Blade Servers C6000 C7000
UNIX / Linux Systems Administrator
- Installed configured and built servers using Jumpstart and Flar Images Servers included v240, V440, V880, E6500, E4500, E450. Provided support to mission critical applications spread over 200 servers.
- Installed and configured Solaris 8, 9, 10. Configured Zones and containers for Solaris 10.
- Configured Logical Volume Manager, Solstice Disk Suite, VxVM, VxFS. Configure RAID 0, RAID 0 1, RAID1, RAID 5.
- Provided security to all servers thru OS hardening, Patch management and Package management.
- Provided Level 3 Support for all Solaris Linux issues. Was the Key point of contact for all critical support related issues?
- Designed, implemented maintained a two node Veritas Cluster.
- Installed VMware ESX on Dell Servers and configured Solaris 9/10/ Red Hat Linux 5.x / Windows 2000 virtual machines for various applications.
- Prepared server availability report for the management.
- Working with LDAP schema for Sun One LDAP server 5.x.
- Installed Iplanet web server on Linux and Solaris boxes.
- Planned Implemented Patch and Packages installations.
- Upgraded Solaris OS Live upgrade from Solaris 8 to Solaris 9.
- Configured VMware and installed several Linux and Windows Operating Systems according to the client needs. Also involved in maintenance and Troubleshooting of VMware.
- Implemented Root Mirroring for systems using VxVm Veritas Volume Manager and Solstice Disk Suite.
- Upgraded Veritas Volume Manager from 3.x to 4.x
- Supported databases like Oracle Web servers like Apache, Tomcat other proprietary applications.
- Installed Configured and Managed NIS, NFS, DNS and Send Mail. Configured DHCP Red Hat Linux server.
- Built a Linux kickstart server on x86 machine. Wrote shell scripts using C shell to initiate kickstart.
Technologies Used: E6500, E4500, E450, V880, Ultra series, Sunray appliances, DLT tape libraries, Solaris 6/7/8, Solstice Disk Suite, VMware, E3500, E4500, E6500, Veritas Cluster, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File System, Redhat Linux 4.x, Shell Scripting, Oracle, Apache, Tomcat.
Unix/Linux System Administrator
- Installed, configured and provided 24 7 support to 500 Enterprise Sun Servers E6800, E6500, E4500, and E450 running mission critical applications.
- Built more than 1000 servers from scratch and applied relevant patches on existing servers.
- Built 25 Red Hat Linux 8.0 servers from scratch and provide 24 7 production support.
- Planned, designed and implemented 4 Node Veritas Cluster on E6800. Troubleshoot Veritas Cluster issues which arose because of different cluster versions 3.2 3.5.
- Migrated Sun Cluster 3.1 to Veritas Cluster 3.5.
- Installed, configured and supported NFS / NIS / NIS in a heterogeneous environment.
- Optimized performance by tuning Unix OS, kernel, memory, I/O, Database, Applications and Networks.
- Installed, configured and supported RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0 1, and RAID 5 on SANarrays.
- Troubleshoot all hardware and software issues for Sun Enterprise Servers.
- Interacted with SUN Support for resolving critical issues.
- Installed and configured JUMP START Server.
- Jumpstarted more than 3000 Sun servers.
- Decommissioned small and obsolete servers and consolidated them into one large server.
- Planned, Documented and implemented Disaster Recovery policies.
- Restored files from Snapshots. Troubleshoot day-to-day problems on SAN/ NAS.
- Ensured Service Level met and exceeded customer satisfaction goals. Received Recognition Award for exceeding Customer expectations.
- Used Remedy Tool in Production environment which strictly complied with Problem/Change Management policies of the organization.
- Developed shell scripts for automating routine day-to-day tasks, management reports, set up alerts for server resources utilization CPU, memory, disks, etc. Also wrote scripts for auto install and sun cluster. Wrote Shell scripts for monitoring UNIX servers.
Technologies Used: Sun Midrange Servers E 6800/6500/4500/450, Red Hat Linux 8.0 /Quantum tape libraries, Sun Solaris 9 / 8, Sun Cluster 3.1, Veritas Cluster 3.5, Veritas NetBackup 4.5 / 5.1..