- Established professional with over 17 years of experience working with executive management and cross - departmental teams to enhance organizational growth and development.
- Strength in creating operations strategies and evaluating engineering best practices for increased network availability and financial success.
- Self-motivated, introspective, and articulate with a talent in motivating teams to reach and surpass projected goals of senior leadership.
- Experienced in engineering, technical & business operations, and product lifecycle management.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Director, Network Engineering and Applications
- Recruited to oversee all infrastructure efforts, datacenter management compute, Quality assurance, user testing and implementation.
- My team consisted of 24 engineers with responsibility for all Enterprises and its entities Networking implementation, product testing and Network operation center supporting all lines of business.
- Develops and drives Data Center metrics to improve processes, efficiencies, and productivity
- Built and maintained Network Operation for the national backbone and datacenters which support provisioning platforms, server farms, soft switches, CDNs, Virtual applications (Billing) and IP video transport.
- Manage & Build out datacenter and disaster recovery. Hands on experience in managing 24x7x365 operation center.
- Manage the design, rollout and optimization of Confidential core networks.
- Provide excellent written and verbal instruction and clarification to ensure all tasks are completely understood and assigned team members have as much information as possible.
- Oversees telecommunications operations for the entire organization. Monitors the quality and effectiveness of services delivered, and leads efforts to continually improve services.
- Establish ongoing process improvement plans to reduce support efforts and increase service availability and scalability.
- Prepared and analysis yearly budget for the network Engineering department, work with the upper leadership to ensure proper budget is well defined.
- Manage detailed planning and design of all core networks including network architecture detailed design.
- Prepare scope of work and manage rollout / upgrade of new core network elements, including installation, commissioning and integration, and handover to Operations and Maintenance.
- Interfaces with other top-level management and technology heads across the company; takes an active role in determining overall company technology and development strategies and specific strategies for individual projects
- Lead and work with other technical department to keep up with the new technologies in the telecommunication industries.
- Ensured the progress of the system and delivers consistently on the OLA and SLA.
- Lead and able to communicate progress, risks and potential changes in scope to all leaderships and stakeholders.
- Establishes actionable plans for achieving broadly defined company objectives. Manages critical/complex activities to ensure product performance standards, quality and cost effectiveness; ensures implementation of usable and scalable processes; may manage projects.
- Ensure timely monitoring and management of KPIs in order to meet defined targets, and manage timely reporting of KPIs to Performance Management department.
- Expertise in Cloud Computing, ISO Certification and Data Centre Certifications
- Lead regularly scheduled incident and disaster drills, proactive maintenance windows, or hardware upgrades and product testing.
- Interact with Product development department, Regional markets to ensure successful testing and deployment.
- Participate in periodic operational health reviews, service monitoring and notification discussions, and service portfolio reviews.
- Participate in strategic system planning, tactical operation planning, and the development of contingency plans to ensure Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Provide weekly metrics for tracking, and measuring the progress of projects and the value of data architecture initiatives.
- Provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively with executive staff, department heads, management, team leaders within the IT department.
- Effective communication skills to present & discuss forecasting information with product and business managers and for senior management review.
- Able to identify technology solution and application that met the business need and develop RFP, business cases to perform benefit analysis.
- Evaluates all major system modifications and development requests to determine potential benefits and impact on business and information system operations.
- Manages the consistency of reviewing current and future systems in order to achieve business goals that meet the budget requirements.
- Creates new technical solutions which enhance process efficiency, reduce cost and/or enhance customer and/or user satisfaction.
- Manages and maintains productive relationships with vendors, contactors and consultants to ensure effective technical support.
Network Engineering Manager
- Have detailed experience with Wide Area Network (WAN) equipment including; Cisco 7500, 7200, 3800 and 2800 series routers utilizing BGP, OSPF, and multicast routing protocols, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 3750, and 3560 series switches.
- IP Protocols: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, IP address-sub-netting, working with Cisco/Juniper routers and switches.
- Have a concrete working knowledge of network management and capacity planning skills, Cisco and Juniper hardware, software, and maintenance requirements and have hands on experience with networking devices.
- Perform all the physical installations and configurations of Cisco and Juniper routers, switches and others network tools.
- Monitor and maintain VOD servers and peripheral equipment for optimum performance.
- Work with IS Network and Head End Technicians to ensure maximum up-time on set tops, VOD devices, and servers.
- Troubleshoots end to end connectivity problems with various groups such as Level II support and Headend or Systems Operations teams; Incident, problem a requirement; Asset management.
- Responsible for the design, provisioning/deployment and operations of local and wide area network, and leading assigned projects to completion; Troubleshoots and resolves complex network problems to ensure minimal disruption; Coordinates installation of routers, switches, and other network devices and effectively communicates changes to appropriate parties.
- Current on technology, standards and specifications related to IP, Ethernet, TDM, DWDM, SONET, CWDM, Psuedowire, fiber optic transmission systems, local area networks, signaling systems, network management, and related telecommunications systems.
- Conducts complex security architecture analysis to evaluate and mitigate issues. Develops policies and procedures for securing the system infrastructure and applications.
- Develops complex technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides complex technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines. Develops implements, enforces and communicates security policies.
- Manage the implementation of the new application and new network infrastructures into the actual network and ensuring the survey and all the readiness goals have been achieved.
- Identifies and oversees the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) in the areas of firewalls and content filters.
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists. In addition experiences working in TACACS+ and Radius
- Monitoring all aspects of network, Systems, facilities infrastructure and providing outbound communications on status to customers and internal departments.
- Perform client consulting in the area of network engineering (hardware and software) using routers, switches, network security devices, protocol analyzers, TCP/IP, VPN, Frame Relay, and MPLS
- Document and perform installation, service and maintenance of all network related equipment, video on demand and future product and service delivery equipment.
- Manage all aspects of cable modem issues in support of field operations.
- Conduct stability, functional and performance testing of network elements and resolves network performance problems.
- Responsible for the physical hands-on configuration, installation, evaluation and interconnection of various network equipment.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Performs functions associated with network server system administration that include such tasks as installing hardware, installing and configuring software, creating and implementing security policies, troubleshooting problems, monitoring performance and tuning, etc.
- 100% hands-on datacenter management, compute, storage and network infrastructure Bootstrap datacenters and hands on technical working with the engineering team.
- Manage application release management, Infrastructure provisioning and deployment.
- Hands-on experience in managing 24x7 global datacenter operations.
- Implement Operational tools like deployment, provisioning, monitoring, performance measurement tools etc.
- Responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure.
- An understanding of cloud solution approaches from a technical (infrastructure), service management, financial and sourcing perspective.
- Participates in the development of consulting support and user education activities related to the use of networks and telecommunications by faculty, staff, and students.
- Define and lead next generation high availability datacenter architectures, operational tools, automation, infrastructure provisioning and 24x7 operations.
- Cloud environment administration (Amazon Web Services AWS Preferred) and in hosted datacenter collocations Responsible for the customer facing production environment monitoring, performance, release/deployment, security, reliability, availability, capacity, latency, and other non-functional concerns.
- Network Engineering Experience; LAN and WAN experience; Windows 2003, Microsoft Active Directory, Cisco Switches and Routers, and Clustering on Windows.
- Experience and working knowledge of MAC layers and security issues.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot network equipment for Confidential
- Experience in RF engineering Fundamentals.
- Experience in Installation of wireless APs and wireless network management system
- Install, maintain, configure and troubleshoot Cisco 350, 1200 series wireless access point with 802.11b and 802.11g protocol.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Pix Firewall
- 5 years plus experience with Cisco routers and switches, Cisco 7500 and 3700 series routers, ISP and Cisco 6500, 4000, 3500 and 2900 series switches 5 years of “hands on” telecommunication experience consisting of implementations, troubleshooting and support Experience with Data Center design.
- Experience and working knowledge of Extreme Networks such as 8810 “BlackDiamond and Apline series”, summit series switches, and Epicenter.
- Working knowledge of the IP protocol including DNS, http, https, DNS, https, and basic UNIX and NT.
- Provides account administration across several platforms that include such items as setting rights and permissions.
- Troubleshoots communications infrastructure including campus DNS services.
- Extensive experience with patch management, systems management, and active agent monitoring/reporting tools.
- Researches current and emerging technologies in computer, data and voice communication technology for enterprise-wide application.
- Write instructions, email notifications and system documentations. Configures and administers network devices.
- Provides technical support for IP telephony equipment and troubleshooting/resolving telecommunications problems.
- Training of users in use and application of phone, wireless and voicemail systems.
- The ability to interact on a technical level with VoIP equipment vendors, internal and external customers
- Provides PBX system administration and technical coordination for the planning deployment and support of telecommunication systems to include network switches/IPT Systems, voice mail, messaging, reporting as well as insure proper maintenance of management tools, system documentation and disaster recovery procedure.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Initializes computer with required system software and operates computer system as directed.
- Monitors computer and network systems using operating systems utilities; interprets console messages from system software or applications program, and performs required actions
- Performs daily backup of systems.
- Handles input and output media with due care for integrity of data and utility of media for subsequent use.
- Maintains records required to supplement console log, including problem documentation and actions taken, computer utilization logs, file identification, and similar data.
- Researches error messages and manipulates console to resequencing job steps after a job is interrupted
- Performs problem reporting and assistance on various systems for departmental users
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Provided leadership and direction to project teams by understanding business processes, gathering requirements, identifying potential usability issues, managing scope, and ensuring that an appropriate level of application quality was maintained at all times.
- Collaborated directly with business units to assess the technical impact of business requirements and to reach consensus on alternative solutions when necessary in an effort to maintain a consistent yet flexible architecture.
- Designed and programmed a system (Visual Basic, SQL Server 2000) to process and report on publication orders provided as files (XML or delimited) by external parties.
- Wrote an extensive test plan to identify all of the paths that a user could follow and all of the combinations of events that could occur.