- Collaborative professional with 6+ years of experience on System administration, Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Configuration management, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management with DevOps development in Windows, Linux and in Cloud across geographically separated hosting zones in AWS and Azure.
- Experience in Agile development process with Scrum methodology including scrum retro and daily stand up meets. Proficiency in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodology.
- Linux Administration in Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of RedHat Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS and Sendmail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Skilled with Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Exposure to cloud environments - AWS and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, DNS service Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM and S3.
- Designed VNets and subscriptions to conform to Azure Network Limits and Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab).
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as a build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Working experience in Installation, Configuration, and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Automated routine tasks using Jenkins/Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using SonarQube, Nexus, Confluence, Junit and Ansible part of pipelines.
- Experience in setting up JIRA tracking tool as a defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker. Working Knowledge with different bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, and IBM Clear quest to resolve the issues at any point in the product lifecycle.
- Experience through POCs implementation with OpenStack Services such as Compute, Network, Storage, Dashboard. Worked on OpenStack application for deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting in a Cloud environment.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks to automate the Build of Docker Image, Utilized Jenkins to Auto push to Docker HUB, Automated the infrastructure downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks using YAML scripts for launching different EC2 virtual servers in the cloud using Auto-scaling and Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Experience in installing and configuring chef server Bootstrapped Nodes, Created Run lists, Generated Custom Cookbooks using Resources, used Test Kitchen Vagrant/Docker and Knife utility to automate Cloud Configuration Management Tasks.
- Experience with Hosted Chef Supermarket which stores and shares the cookbooks developed within the organization and Managed applications, OS, packages, services using chef in AWS for EC2, S3, and ELB with chef cookbooks.
- Containerization using Docker to containerize custom web applications and deployed on AWS with Ubuntu, CentOS instances through SWARM Cluster and automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker HUB, Docker Swarm, and Vagrant.
- Orchestration with Docker compose, Deployment with Docker Machine, Clustering with Docker swarm, App migration to containers and production container Deployments.
- Performed deployment and administration of applications on Apache Tomcat Webserver and Application Servers such as Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBoss, IIS, etc.
- Experience with VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.0, vCenter Server, Replication Manager 5.x/6.0, Site Recovery Manager, vMotion, vSphere and with networking, support, installations, upgrades, patches, migration, troubleshooting and Physical to virtual migration.
- Implementation and installation of VMware vSphere hardware and software to support large-scale COOP efforts, vSphere 6.0, vCenter 6, vRealize Operations 6 and SRM. Scheduling snapshots of volumes for backup and finding root cause analysis of failures.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 4.x/5.x/6/x/7.x, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
Cloud: AWS, Azure
Build/Automation Tools: Ansible, Ansible Tower, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Python, Groovy, YAML, Ruby
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Confluence, NAGIOS, Remedy, IBM Clear Quest, ServiceNow, Splunk.
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT (GITHUB), Tortoise SVN
Virtualization/Containers: VMware vSphere 5.x/6.x, Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Perl, Python, Shell, YAML
Confidential, Austin, TX
Cloud Engineer/ DevOps Engineer
- Designing, implementing and supporting cloud-based infrastructure and its solutions. Built servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating Security Groups, Auto-Scaling, Load Balancers (ELBs) in the defined Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Automated application deployment in the AWS cloud with Docker using Elastic Container Service scheduler and managed a Docker deployment pipeline as well for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Wrote Ansible and Terraform Infrastructure / Configuration Management playbooks in YAML scripting to launch AWS instances and manage web applications, configuration files, packages, roles and task for Cloud Automation
- Involved in the application of Opscode Chef cookbooks to AWS stack (Including EC2, R53, S3, RDS, SNS, and IAM), to design, build, deploy and migrate the on-premise database to cloud by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Automated provisioning of EC2, S3, RDS using AWS Cloud Formation Template (CFT). Utilized Amazon Web Services (AWS) console and AWS CLI to launch and manage VMs with Public/Private subnet and set up load balancing, security groups etc.
- The building of Docker Images has been automated using Ansible Playbooks and performed Auto push to Docker HUB using Jenkins plugins, Automated the infrastructure downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy.
- Connected Jenkins continuous integration (CI) system with GIT version control repository using webhook and continually build as the check-ins come from the developer.
- Installed and set up Nagios monitoring system on a dedicated Amazon EC2 server, developed several custom plugins for monitoring availability and performance of AWS EC2 instances, integrating Pingdom checks, monitoring MySQL databases and results of execution of certain queries, etc.
- Developing scripts for the build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks using YAML scripts in Ansible Tower and integrated Ansible tower with Jenkins to deploy code for launching different EC2 virtual servers in the AWS cloud using Auto-scaling and Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Based on the customer need worked with the team on Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) for integrated build service to access build agents that have been pre-configured and implementation of Office 365 and Azure Active Directory for Single Sign On, Authentication, Authorization and Azure Role-based Access Control (RBAC).
- During the short tenure of migrating few services to AZURE as per customer need, Focused on Automation, Designed VNets and subscriptions to conform to Azure Network Limits and deployed Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Automated the provisioning of Virtual Machines VMs, deployment of web applications, bindings and configuration settings on Azure using a combination of PowerShell scripts and Chef cookbooks.
- Managed infrastructure as a code by using Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation Templates to perform deployments and for rapid provisioning of resources.
- Worked with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions and Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code using GIT source control. Integrated Jenkins with repositories like GitHub to build Automation tool (Maven), and Artifact repository(Nexus) for pushing successful build code.
- Build Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Orchestrated the Docker Containers by creating pods, config maps and nodes using kubernetes.
- Worked with Nagios and Splunk monitoring tools configurations set up to log status on the health of the servers and notify the team by sending alerts. Handled JIRA tickets for the SCM activities with Ansible and Chef.
- Installed and configured chef server Bootstrapped Nodes, Created Run lists, Generated Custom Cookbooks using Resources, used Test Kitchen Vagrant/Docker and Knife utility to automate Cloud Config Management Tasks.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks, Recipes utilizing attributes, templates and Ohai and created a repository within the organization which stores and shares the chef cookbooks using Hosted Chef Supermarket.
Confidential, Moline, IL
Cloud Engineer/ DevOps Engineer
- Involved in writing shell scripts to bootstrap instance while creating and launching AWS EC2 instances using AMI’s of Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Windows and Implemented alarm notifications for EC2 hosts with CloudWatch.
- Implemented code coverage using SonarQube and unit test plug-ins with Maven and Jenkins and Installed Groovy plugin to Jenkins and worked on groovy scripts to add support for Groovy projects.
- Worked on building and deploying of Java (JAR) code through Jenkins server which is configured on AWS EC2 Instance and used Jenkins Amazon Web Services Code Deploy plugin to deploy on AWS.
- Provided backups and Stored launch configurations of EC2 instances by creating snapshot backups of the volumes and images.
- Constructed a Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) by Integrating various Version control tools, build tools, nexus and deployment methodologies (scripting) like Jenkins, Git, Subversion, Maven, Nexus, MS Build, Ant, and Sonar and modeled and automated Continuous delivery CD using Ansible and Chef SCM tools.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized platforms for containerization of multiple apps. Created containerized web application servers with complete functionality using Docker and automated the deployments using Ansible Playbooks which are configured in the custom-built Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Configured Continuous Delivery Pipeline with Ansible Playbooks and Deployed microservices, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Used Docker for packaging applications and designed the entire cycle of application development and used Virtualized Platforms for Deployment of containerization of multiple applications. Built Custom Docker images from the existing containers and deployed these images into pods in the kubernetes cluster.
- Involved in the Migration of the Jenkins cluster to AWS and scheduling of the jobs from the Jenkins master to agents which are hosted on EC2 instances and further attaching code coverage (SonarQube) and setting up a repository(Nexus) to place artifacts.
- Automated the provisioning of EC2 instances using Ansible Playbooks and enforced the instances count and the type of servers(MySQL, PostgreSQL) needed.
- Provided additional security to AWS account and its resources by implementing MFA with Google authenticator service and Used IAM for creating roles, users, groups for AWS accounts with multiple VPCs for both production and non-production.
- Installed and configured chef server Bootstrapped Nodes, Created Run lists, Generated Custom Cookbooks using Resources and Attributes, used Test Kitchen Vagrant/Docker and Knife utility to automate Cloud Config Management Tasks, also Planned and performed the upgrades on Linux and operating systems.
- Implemented Chef to manage existing servers and automate the build and configuration of new servers. Deployed and maintained Chef role-based application servers, including Apache, Resin, Nginx and Tomcat.
- Used Terraform templates to provision infrastructure across two different cloud platforms: AWS and Microsoft AZURE. Developed Terraform scripts to build, change and version infrastructure-as-a-code using AWS and launch multi-tiered stack.
- Worked with Developers to migrate Ant scripts to Maven in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as a defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker. Configured Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Webservers.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects and Utilized Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Administration and creation of Jenkins jobs across agents and master, including automatic generation, reporting and alerting of test and Code Metrics (JUnit), build failures and build status indicators.
- Implemented Nagios and integrated with Ansible for automatic monitoring of servers. Involved in setting up JIRA as a defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Developed PowerCLI/PowerShell scripts to automate VMWare host and virtual machine inventory. Involved in development of PowerShell scripts to automate Active Directory and server tasks and Generate reports for administrators and management
Confidential, Iselin, NJ
Build & Release Engineer
- Experience working with Java code building and generating an artifact (JAR) using Maven build tool and regular Build jobs are initiated using the Continuous Integration tool with Jenkins and deployed into Tomcat servers.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, build scripts, and maintained the source control system. Involved in redesigning, scaling Virtual Machines to be more robust with the growing demands and needs of the current and future environments.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, branching and build/release strategies utilizing Jenkins, Subversion/GIT, views, and the access control strategies.
- Worked on JBOSS clustering, set up new configurations for JDBC providers, Data Sources, connection pools, connection factory settings, virtual hosts. Installation, Configuration, Administration of WebLogic, Apache Tomcat and deploying applications to integrated Dev environment.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository and further integrating into Jenkins server.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems. Installed and Setup Web Servers (Apache and Tomcat), DB Server (MySQL).
- Configured and managed Puppet master server and experience in updating and creating modules and delivering them to puppet clients and managing SSL certificate.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of an automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Configured and maintained new VMs and Installed Microsoft Windows 2012/2008/2003 OS, updated configuration management database (CMDB), installed the VMware Tools on them.
- Maintained SVN repositories for DevOps environment: automation code and configuration. Coordinated and assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Responsible for the ServiceNow tool administration module and creation of new Groups, IT Services, Application, Business Services, Routing rules and Blackout Freeze rules.
- Utilized IBM Clear Quest to provide change tracking, process automation, reporting and lifecycle tractability which enabled us to create tracking records and process workflow that better match our customer and business needs.
- Administered and Supported the Continuous Integration Server Infrastructure with Jenkins. Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development QA UAT and Production.
- Developing Ant, Maven and Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of Web Servers.
Linux Systems Engineer
- Managed and resolved incident tickets opened by clients as well as those logged by event monitoring system and troubleshoot and resolve disk quota related issues, assisted email administrators with questions and resetting of passwords and Setup new user IDs and auto-forwarding.
- Management of RedHat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions. Monitoring day-to-day administration and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux and Solaris Systems.
- Aided in documentation for operations department to troubleshoot and correct problems without needing to page other employees and provided support to users running RedHat Enterprise Linux on their workstations and simulation servers.
- Modifying users’ password policies, group policy, UID and GID assignment policies. Monitor performance of the system using top, sar, ps, prstat, vmstat, netstat, iostat and cpuinfo to check CPU utilization, bottlenecks of I/O devices, memory usage and network traffic.
- Experience in installing multiple Linux servers using Kickstart installation and custom build scripts for RedHat Enterprise Linux and CentOS. Installed/Configured Red Hat Linux Cluster 5.x version & configured the cluster resources
- Co-ordinated with Middleware team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with Application Server and Apache/Tomcat server and Samba server on Linux. Installed, Configured and Maintained the network servers DNS, NFS.
- As part of System administration involved in Server Build, Installation, Configuration and Implementation on Linux flavors and Solaris servers. Worked on Disk Partition, mirroring root disk drive, configuring device groups in UNIX/LINUX environment.
- Configured and maintained HTTP, NGINX, NTP, SAMBA servers. Performing installation, configuration, upgrades, Package administration and support for Linux systems on the client side using RPM and YUM.
- Involved in DMZ firewall rules, configure iptables and iptables init script, start and stop init script for Apache and another application server.
- Created BASH shell scripts to automate system jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled Cron jobs for each task at periodic and sporadic intervals for the job automation as per the business need.
- Responsibilities include handling of the support issues - logs, categorizes, prioritizes, tracks, and routes incidents reported by users or alarms raised by monitoring tools.
- Managed and installed patches and software packages using YUM and RPM and creating YUM repository files for offline servers. Worked with system, network, security and storage teams to prepare and configure new servers for the environment.
- Working knowledge of Mail Server applications using SMTP/POP3/IMAP such as MailEnable, Spam assassin, Qmail, and Sendmail servers.
- Configured various services as well as applications of LINUX servers and worked with application team to customize the environment. Worked with Apache and developed several scripts to automate web tasks.
- Utilized ssh-keygen within DSA encryption of 2048 bits to make a connection without a password from a remote Linux server to a local machine.